Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:57:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Idena is the first Proof-of-Person Blockchain  (Read 44071 times)
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:24:29 PM

Hard fork is coming. Awesome changes made to prevent against bot attack. Great work AndrewIdena.

https://medium.com/@idena.network/idena-security-model-update-7d624ef3298f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Railai

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

Born Hater!

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:31:19 PM

Hard fork is coming. Awesome changes made to prevent against bot attack. Great work AndrewIdena.

https://medium.com/@idena.network/idena-security-model-update-7d624ef3298f

May I know which part of the upcoming update you love the most? So far I have only hate for it after reading the news.

But...still testnet

She's crazy like a fool.
Pofick

Activity: 600
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 08:56:07 PM

#1 is a good one.
#2 is ok, but it takes too much time to become a human, in future it could take years in case of bad luck. Doesn't seem sustainable.
#3 is ok.
#4 is bad imho, because there is significant chance to fail at least one validation out of 4 needed to become verified. It demotivates from joining the network.
#5 is ok.
#6 is not clear yet.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    4 0 1 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 09:28:05 PM

The idea of this project is very good, but there are still issues with wallets and flips but overall I think the project will be successful and eventually will hit big exchange.

What is the issue you have with the wallets and flips?
Post them in here and maybe some community members will help you with them.
Mainly my issue is with synching, finding peers no matter what kind of internet I use,  it is always the same. I have read od Discord that I should use VPS (remote server) instead but there is only Linux client option available. I have managed to unpack Linux client (deb. extension) but I have no idea how to run this on Windows.
From Faq channel on discord.
2.  chmod +x idena-node-linux-0.16.2 (make file possible to run)(??)

You can use Linux VPS for the node and Windows client at the same time, there is no need to unpack Linux client or anything like this.
Just set up a VPS and connect from your Wndows client to the VPS, you should have 18 connections all the time.
Ok. Thank you.I will try it tomorrow.
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:16:22 AM

Hey gents!
I saw on idena discord server that I must disable private IPs scanning. Does anyone know how to check if this feature is enabled on my VPS?
Thnaks!

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:37:00 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 08:29:53 AM by Tytanowy Janusz
Merited by othell_rogue (1)

May I know which part of the upcoming update you love the most? So far I have only hate for it after reading the news.

But...still testnet

Few weeks ago i was describing on telegram possible abuse in which 1 person begs for as many invitation as it is possible and than go random with answers validating 50% accounts and mining with them for whole week. I don't know if they was reading this or came up to this by themselves (most probably the second one) but this update is made to prevent this type of attack. I love every part.

"1-Short session extension (6 flips with 60% to succeed) "
this will decrees number of validated accounts by attacker by 20% and also will help real users. Validation in most cases looks like that. ~100 sec for 5 flips = 4 flips in 50 sec and than 50 sec on 1 dumb flip than i try to solve and in the end I go random and reach 100% because last flip did not reach consensus. 1 extra flip will not be a problem in terms of time and will only help to prove that you are human.

"2- Human status with the stake protection for aged identities"

Finally people will stop killing their identities in fear of getting 5 shitty flips.
#2 is ok, but it takes too much time to become a human, in future it could take years in case of bad luck. Doesn't seem sustainable.

4 epochs. That's all. 32 days currently and maximum of 12 month with 767137+ nodes. I don't think its too much for highest possible rank that you can achieve.

"3. Lottery-based rewards for non-spent invitations to prevent sporadic invitations"

This will make abuser very hard to collect dozens of invitations since part of members will decide to collect 30% of reward instead of 0% if invited person will fail validation. They will simply take 30% or invite trusted person.

"4. Discrimination of identities with the Newbie status"
This will make abuser loose financial motivation since he will be able to collect only 20% of minted coins from newbies accounts. Simply he will have to collect 13 invitations during 1 epoch to mine as fast as 1 honest miner (even more (like 25) if you take into consideration that hones miner will get more coins from creating flips, inviting, and validating older account - validation reward depends on account age) .

#4 is bad imho, because there is significant chance to fail at least one validation out of 4 needed to become verified. It demotivates from joining the network.
It is not "significant chance". I think that 90-95% of real humans that take IDENA serious validates 3 times in a row. My stats - 87.5:91 - i made 3.5 flips wrong during 20 epochs. Newbie can do 4.5 flips wrong during 3 epochs and still succeed.

5. Additional flips submission

We need those flips to cover short session extension. "will be allowed" is key here. Sometimes i have shitty words and its really hard for me to create flip that is easy for community, hard for AI. I'll do 3 flips that epoch. If i'll get good words I'll create 5. This will boost quality of flips. More flips by members with human status will boost quality too.

6. More invitations for Humans and less for Verified

Also protects against attacker and improve quality of new members.

And what part are you hating the most? there is nothing to hate if you don't want to scam others.
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 08:49:10 AM

Hey gents!
I saw on idena discord server that I must disable private IPs scanning. Does anyone know how to check if this feature is enabled on my VPS?
Thnaks!

This is activated by default, so if you haven't deactivated it, it will be activated. I have had it activated using Vultr and it has not given me any problems but it is recommended to deactivate it if you are in VPS.

It's as easy as downloading config.json and adding --config=config.json to the command line that runs Idena, for example "./idena-node-linux-0.17.2 --apikey xxxxx --config=config.json"

https://idena.io/?view=guide#guide-remote-1
Railai

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

Born Hater!

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 10:36:55 AM

@Janusz

Really?

Let's look arround at the updates from a point of view of a newbie.
Hello I am M. I have just joined the network; may I have an invite? -silence- why would now anyone send an invite when they get paid anyway? -This got worse than the last replies we had here about people humilating themselves on public channels-.
So I am new, I did some flip challanges and I was ok and I hope all will be fine for the verification. Now the session starts, besides the limited time at a specific only day, I have to do 4 out of 6. My luck is to get bad flips with no conseunse but I am passing the verification with 4 out of 4 (short one).
Now I can be a node and I mine for 9 days but only 20% of what I mine goes to myself, in case I fail any of the future maybe even 5 epochs that means 40 days, I will lose all the effort I had on the platform. And a month is a lot in the crypto world isn't it? Besides that AT ANY MOMENT, the person that invited me can terminate my identity. Fantastic?!
But it is good, if i manage to do really good scores for a long periode of time, during weekdays or weekends, I can become a human. Which I find as a very good update.
But all the users are still not getting out invitations because there is no point of doing it anymore, why would I risk my invite when I am getting paid anyway and i have a 50% chance of getting another 1/3 ?
As you saw me as a newbie I am useless, besides epochs going so much on now, 9 maybe 10 days when we reach 1000 users, 1000^0.33=10 days; For 40 days I am able to do nothing and in the danger of losing everything, let's say internet won't work, electricity issue, health isssue, just forget about it etc.

Really now, where is the point of me as a newbie to care about joining the network anymore? Now I have to beg more for 1 invite, now I have more epochs to verifiy with a bigger % needed. Where is the point after all? I find it so stupid that everyone love these new rules, the old ones were too much, these ones takes it to the ridiculous.

And so what someone spent invites and asking from everyone whatever? Do you think that there is a good way of stopping someone from doing that? Only thinking at that way it shows how ridiculous this situation is, or the one that you have talked about.

If someone was taking invites and messing arround with them, that's it own business and the business of the inviters, you can't stop this by the blockchain code no matter how smart you think you are. Whatever...It's still testnet, but these changes will decrease amazingly the coming of the new users.

Andrew said that he is not going to give any invite from last epoch. If I see any invite coming out from him this epoch it means the project is a scam or they are trying to take as much mining now as possible.

She's crazy like a fool.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 10:56:45 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 02:27:06 PM by Tytanowy Janusz

@Janusz

Really?

Yes. I have 5 min now so here is quick response. I'll expand it soon.

Now I can be a node and I mine for 9 days but only 20%

Would you rather mine 20% now with 95% chance of getting another 60% after month in a network with 500 humans or 100% in a network with 500 humans and 4500 bots (10% of what you could mine without bots)? We are talking about safety and network stability here. And you are crying because of few newbies that will bounce from entry barrier. To mine bitcoin you have to buy 3000$ ant miner - and  still may not profit due to high electricity cost in some countries - isn't it bigger entry barrier than 3x 30 min for validation?

Besides that AT ANY MOMENT, the person that invited me can terminate my identity. Fantastic?!
what for? If i invite someone i want him to validate 3 times because i get 1x for first invitation 3x for second and 6x for third. If i kill someone after 2 validations i'm refusing last (the biggest) reward that is equal to 60% of total reward. Person that i've invited 2 epoch ago minted total of 778 coins. If i'll kill him now (just after update) he will lose 622 coins ... you know how much will I lose by doing that? 640 ! I'm loosing more because he did not validate third time than he is loosing because i killed his identity.

And i'm speaking from perspecive of 20 epoch old accound and 1 epoch old account that i've just created for my wife.
Tyttifructawy Anus

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 11:08:37 AM

@Janusz

Really?

Let's look arround at the updates from a point of view of a newbie.
Hello I am M. I have just joined the network; may I have an invite? -silence- why would now anyone send an invite when they get paid anyway? -This got worse than the last replies we had here about people humilating themselves on public channels-.
So I am new, I did some flip challanges and I was ok and I hope all will be fine for the verification. Now the session starts, besides the limited time at a specific only day, I have to do 4 out of 6. My luck is to get bad flips with no conseunse but I am passing the verification with 4 out of 4 (short one).
Now I can be a node and I mine for 9 days but only 20% of what I mine goes to myself, in case I fail any of the future maybe even 5 epochs that means 40 days, I will lose all the effort I had on the platform. And a month is a lot in the crypto world isn't it? Besides that AT ANY MOMENT, the person that invited me can terminate my identity. Fantastic?!
But it is good, if i manage to do really good scores for a long periode of time, during weekdays or weekends, I can become a human. Which I find as a very good update.
But all the users are still not getting out invitations because there is no point of doing it anymore, why would I risk my invite when I am getting paid anyway and i have a 50% chance of getting another 1/3 ?
As you saw me as a newbie I am useless, besides epochs going so much on now, 9 maybe 10 days when we reach 1000 users, 1000^0.33=10 days; For 40 days I am able to do nothing and in the danger of losing everything, let's say internet won't work, electricity issue, health isssue, just forget about it etc.

Really now, where is the point of me as a newbie to care about joining the network anymore? Now I have to beg more for 1 invite, now I have more epochs to verifiy with a bigger % needed. Where is the point after all? I find it so stupid that everyone love these new rules, the old ones were too much, these ones takes it to the ridiculous.

And so what someone spent invites and asking from everyone whatever? Do you think that there is a good way of stopping someone from doing that? Only thinking at that way it shows how ridiculous this situation is, or the one that you have talked about.

If someone was taking invites and messing arround with them, that's it own business and the business of the inviters, you can't stop this by the blockchain code no matter how smart you think you are. Whatever...It's still testnet, but these changes will decrease amazingly the coming of the new users.

Andrew said that he is not going to give any invite from last epoch. If I see any invite coming out from him this epoch it means the project is a scam or they are trying to take as much mining now as possible.
yep, new hardfork looks very scammy
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 01:54:42 PM

Hey gents!
Thnaks!

yep i think its mandatory, what Vps Provider do you use?

@reborn tell me to do this if you not, you will get banned from the VPS provider

Code:
bash -c 'echo "{ \"IpfsConf\": { \"Profile\": \"server\" } }" > config.json'
<-- do this first
Code:
idena-node-linux-0.17.2 --config=config.json
and then run like this

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 03:22:28 AM

Hi there, how get an invitation code ?
Joined Discord, but can do ... nothing ?
Thanks for your help.
amy1284455127

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 04:56:03 AM

Hi there, how get an invitation code ?
Joined Discord, but can do ... nothing ?
Thanks for your help.
Can find dev for invitation code! Or look for the elderly in the invitation group and ask for the invitation code!

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 05:23:13 AM

@Janusz

Really?
.............er...It's still testnet, but these changes will decrease amazingly the coming of the new users.

yep, new hardfork looks very scammy

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 10:48:15 AM

The prayers were answered.

Core team founds are vested - 1/3 for 3 years, 1/3 for 5 years
Early investors funds are vested 1/3 for 1 year, 1/3 for 2 years
3 000 000 coins are reserved for 2020 funding
8 320 000 coins are reserved for 2021-2022 funding

The initially planned milestone for Idena in 2020 was the coin listing in Q3 2020 coupled with the mainnet announcement. However, in February 2020 the DNA coin was listed by qTrade, a U.S.-based digital asset exchange, at the initiative of the exchange without a listing fee.
Effectively, since then Idena runs a mainnet: No network swaps or changes of the state of balances could now be executed without consequences for the community.

So i guess we are no longer in testnet.

Read more about this big anoouncement and community report here:
https://medium.com/idena/idena-community-report-current-state-and-next-steps-dce97a0e3034
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 11:11:55 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2020, 11:28:17 AM by TakeItEasy

Who are these "early investors"?
As far as I understood, there were no ICO, IPO and other garbage.
DNA coins could be obtained only through mining, purchases through the OTC Discord, and the last way - buying on Qtrade. Without any "early investments".

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
grega07

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 11:18:58 AM

https://medium.com/idena/idena-community-report-current-state-and-next-steps-dce97a0e3034
iHodler

Activity: 141
Merit: 21

Trust No One!

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 12:03:15 PM

Are you part of the team or do you have more insight knowledge from them?

If yes, can you give us more details about this 2 lines:
• Ambassadors fund: 365,000 DNA
• Reserved for 2020 runway funding: 3,000,000 DNA

What do you have to do, to become an Ambassador and what runway funding means.
grega07

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 12:14:32 PM

Are you part of the team or do you have more insight knowledge from them?

If yes, can you give us more details about this 2 lines:
• Ambassadors fund: 365,000 DNA
• Reserved for 2020 runway funding: 3,000,000 DNA

What do you have to do, to become an Ambassador and what runway funding means.

i'm nobody, just share with you full report Wink
notblox1
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1263

Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 01:57:15 PM

Interesting update, but all this needs to be brushed and polished by community

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: