Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:40:03 PM

I'm very happy to see discussions of the likelihood of recouping costs

Thank you so much again for your thoughtful reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:00:24 PM

So, Spondoolies is providing hardware to DataTankMining in return for mining/hosting capacity?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

Watch out boys, only approved comments are allowed in this so called 'self-moderated' SPT thread. I think we need a new thread just for Spondooles ROI discussions.

So true.  Funny how the off topic BS about p2pool seems to stay, guess it pays to be a blind fan-boy verses doing MATH.

There's a big difference between offering each other help while patting each other on the back versus conversations that devolved into scathing abusive attacks.

Read those moved threads and tell us which one do you think deserved ckolivas' judicious moderator ban hammer love tap?

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:52:59 PM

Watch out boys, only approved comments are allowed in this so called 'self-moderated' SPT thread. I think we need a new thread just for Spondooles ROI discussions.

So true.  Funny how the off topic BS about p2pool seems to stay, guess it pays to be a blind fan-boy verses doing MATH.

There's a big difference between offering each other help while patting each other on the back versus conversations that devolved into scathing abusive attacks.

Read those moved threads and tell us which one do you think deserved ckolivas' judicious moderator ban hammer love tap?

That is a really simplistic view of what has been happening in these forums. Standard SPT referrer program participant tactics seem to be:

1) escalate any remarks mentioning the pre-order nature of the SP30, the lack of any refund or delivery guarantees, and the questions about whether the SP30 will ever recover its cost into mudslinging contests with the first willing participant, then run to the mods to get the comments deleted

2) troll the other hardware threads spreading FUD about Bitmain, KNC and others to a degree far worse than anything that happens in this thread.

Lets not focus on which thread deserved what. Lets focus on the important issue we were discussing: what is the likelihood of the Aug. and Sept. SP30 pre-orders recovering their cost before they operate at a loss.

The burden of proof should be on Spondoolies to show a reasonable case that SP30 retail customers will ROI, not on potential customers to show that it won't.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

So, Spondoolies is providing hardware to DataTankMining in return for mining/hosting capacity?

No

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:19:24 AM

like the tradeblock calculator uses, is NOT realistic There is not a chance in hell the difficulty will be anywhere near 135G come 2015.

Reserved.

Was my post deleted?  Huh

Yeah, mine too. I'm guessing RoadStress has op in this thread, or Raskul, or both.

Same here. Posts deleted. I guess some information is too important to be let out still. BUT, you have an option to visit the mirror site that doesn't allow deletion of posts.
https://bitcointa.lk/forums/custom-hardware.24/

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:23:15 AM

No meaningful posts have been deleted but it has been split into new topics. Spondoolies have been very generous in never deleting any posts but the discussion is way off topic for hardware discussion. Much has been moved to mining speculation. Self moderated thread opening posters only have the ability to delete posts, not move them.

Alas there is limited scope for a decent topic split so the following exists:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663094.0

and another but I have to leave only one open
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663087.0

so if you feel obliged to continue the discussion, use the former thread which has the less abusive posts. Some got lost as collateral damage due to the limited nature of the thread splitting feature for this forum, and for that I apologise.

When there are 10 different topics in 10 different areas makes it difficult to find information and follow along.

If an SP30 can bring home 9 bitcoin before it starts losing money then you will ROI. Maybe a year? If not or you will never catch up, then it will never ROI and you'll have a nice BTC machine.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:23:50 AM

That is a really simplistic view of what has been happening in these forums. Standard SPT referrer program participant tactics seem to be:

1) escalate any remarks mentioning the pre-order nature of the SP30, the lack of any refund or delivery guarantees, and the questions about whether the SP30 will ever recover its cost into mudslinging contests with the first willing participant, then run to the mods to get the comments deleted

2) troll the other hardware threads spreading FUD about Bitmain, KNC and others to a degree far worse than anything that happens in this thread.

Lets not focus on which thread deserved what. Lets focus on the important issue we were discussing: what is the likelihood of the Aug. and Sept. SP30 pre-orders recovering their cost before they operate at a loss.

The burden of proof should be on Spondoolies to show a reasonable case that SP30 retail customers will ROI, not on potential customers to show that it won't.

Please show me proof for the FUD about Bitmain.

I thought this thread is about the SP-Tech company and its miners, not about ROI and not about the case for the customers. Each vendor's thread should be about the vendor and the products, not about financial speculations.

When there are 10 different topics in 10 different areas makes it difficult to find information and follow along.
If an SP30 can bring home 9 bitcoin before it starts losing money then you will ROI. Maybe a year? If not or you will never catch up, then it will never ROI and you'll have a nice BTC machine.

This has been discussed so many times already. As stated before I think there is a small misconception about the bitcoin ROI. Buying and holding 9 bitcoins raises the question of when you exchange them back to fiat or what are you doing with them while mining gives you more options.The way I see it it this:

- Exchange rate doesn't move for 6-12 months:
         - Buying and holding makes 0 profit;
         - Mining will show a profit because there is less incentive to deploy new hashpower
- Exchange rate goes up (fast or slow):
         - Buying and holding will show a profit, but uncertain because of the moment of exchanging. Will you exchange at 1000$, 1200$, 1500$ and so on. If you exchange 3 bitcoin at 1000$ and next month you have a 1200$ rate then you lost some profit there, while mining tends to smooth a bit this;
         - Mining will always show a profit if exchange rate goes up. I realize that it will be smaller than buying and holding if the exchange rate will go up fast, but since nobody doesn't know the future I prefer the conservative way instead of the lotto way.

There you have it. Out of 4 possibilities only 3 will show a profit and 2 out of 3 are from mining. It's everyone's choice how he plans his financing. All ROI discussions sums up to the above for me and I feel that it's a very over discussed general subject. Comparing competition offers in terms of pricing and performance is one thing, but the ROI discussions tend to be more a matter of personal preference and speculation than a neutral thing like pure hardware performance.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:34:59 AM

Let me throw this into the mix: I'm now mining an altcoin with my SP10 - it is my assertion that next BTC difficulty rise will make this coin (TEK) more profitable to mine than BTC. with 1.5TH/s i'm mining approx 70 TEK per 24 hrs, which equates to ~0.052BTC at current rate

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/114

TEKcoin will stake, after 30 days - 40%

70 TEK + 40% = 98TEK per day = 0.0728BTC per day at current TEK/BTC rate.

So currently it's Pretty much even (slightly more than) with BTC. Catch your sell on a high - TEK can peak at around 80-82k satoshi and you have pretty much beaten Bitcoin by 0.02BTC per day.

So, i've now moved away from mining BTC - having been buying up Zimstake (12% per annum) with all my BTC earnings from the last month, TEK is indeed more profitable in the long run. The only thing about TEK, it won't stake until 30days, so you have to wait for it, but when it does - 40% per month.

so Yes, an SP30 at $5k is still a profitable investment - don't be so blinkered to bitcoin.
pool http://tek.centralcavern.uk

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:38:23 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:01:25 AM by Collider

It is quite easy really,

if you think it will ROI then buy it.

If you don´t, then don´t.

Nobody can predict any financial market (especially not BTC) or difficulty development in the future, or else he would be a rich man.

Spondoolies has to make some profit aswell, as its investors want to see a return on their investment (the initially loaned money aswell as their contractually agreed share of the profit)

They also need to recover the not at all trivial NRE that went into these projects.

Also, prices are (more or less) dictated by supply and demand. As long as spondoolies sells all produced units, the price is right.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:54:57 PM

I'd like to hear from Guy on this subject before you folks get back to all the backslapping and that 'a boy stuff.

Guy, why should potential SP30 customers expect to recover their costs and make a decent return mining bitcoin with the SP30 ?
Please identify any assumptions you make about network difficulty trends, the bitcoin exchange rate and any other variables and provide a reasonable supporting rationale for them.

Thanks so much. It sounds like it is going to be a super product. I want to hear the ROI case for it.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:36:23 PM

Please keep this thread on topic.  All posts in a thread should be strictly related to the subject set by the original post.  The incessant name-calling and allegations related to other vendors and unrelated to this thread do not belong here.  Complaints about things being removed from this thread do not belong here. (I will also remove this post, once it's been around enough for people to see it— replies to it, again, do not belong here).
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

Please keep this thread on topic.  All posts in a thread should be strictly related to the subject set by the original post.  The incessant name-calling and allegations related to other vendors and unrelated to this thread do not belong here.  Complaints about things being removed from this thread do not belong here. (I will also remove this post, once it's been around enough for people to see it— replies to it, again, do not belong here).

Maybe you should remove s1gs3gv post above you because this is the third time when he is asking about ROI and it was answered both previous times. This is getting boring now. And as previously said this thread should be about the actual hardware and the actual company, not about ROI speculation. (of course feel free to delete this post too)

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:02:56 PM

Please keep this thread on topic.  All posts in a thread should be strictly related to the subject set by the original post.  The incessant name-calling and allegations related to other vendors and unrelated to this thread do not belong here.  Complaints about things being removed from this thread do not belong here. (I will also remove this post, once it's been around enough for people to see it— replies to it, again, do not belong here).

Maybe you should remove s1gs3gv post above you because this is the third time when he is asking about ROI and it was answered both previous times. This is getting boring now. And as previously said this thread should be about the actual hardware and the actual company, not about ROI speculation. (of course feel free to delete this post too)

I think we deserve to hear Guy (the Spondoolies CEO) make the case for the SP30 RoadStress. After all, this is the SP30 thread.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:11:31 PM

Please keep this thread on topic.  All posts in a thread should be strictly related to the subject set by the original post.  The incessant name-calling and allegations related to other vendors and unrelated to this thread do not belong here.  Complaints about things being removed from this thread do not belong here. (I will also remove this post, once it's been around enough for people to see it— replies to it, again, do not belong here).

I think we deserve to hear Guy (the Spondoolies CEO) make the case for the SP30 RoadStress. After all, this is the SP30 thread.

Because all Bitcoin mining manufacturers CEOs have done this in the past...Troll much?

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:29:48 PM

RoadStress, if discussions about SP30 ROI don't belong in an SP30 thread, then this forum has no future.

At the risk of being accused of going off-topic and giving you an excuse to try to suppress this discussion one more time, other mining equipment manufacturers have directly addressed this question. Bitmain's S3 ANN thread and their chart describing the historic ROI situation for the S1 and their company policy towards customer ROI provides one good example.

I don't troll for anyone. For any reason. At any time.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:32:47 PM

Although this thread is self-moderated, we don't delete comments. This thread should be kept for hardware related questions, per the subject. The mods are enforcing it, without our request, but with our consent.
You're welcome to do ROI discussions elsewhere.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:42:52 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 04:08:35 PM by Biodom

Although this thread is self-moderated, we don't delete comments. This thread should be kept for hardware related questions, per the subject. The mods are enforcing it, without our request, but with our consent.
You're welcome to do ROI discussions elsewhere.

Guy

I beg your pardon, but the title of your thread is:...."Best $/GH/s ratio", so I am not exactly sure how this is not related to ROI.
Edit: OK, if not ROI, then it is definitely a comparison with what? Other machines?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

RoadStress, if discussions about SP30 ROI don't belong in an SP30 thread, then this forum has no future.

At the risk of being accused of going off-topic and giving you an excuse to try to suppress this discussion one more time, other mining equipment manufacturers have directly addressed this question. Bitmain's S3 ANN thread and their chart describing the historic ROI situation for the S1 and their company policy towards customer ROI provides one good example.

I don't troll for anyone. For any reason. At any time.

Discussion of ROI belong in a single thread. Since it's pure speculation and it's a generic topic which can be applied to any miner. If it goes on other threads it doesn't mean that it's the correct way to do it. Vendor threads should be about their products and their services, not about speculation.

I beg your pardon, but the title of your thread is:...."Best $/GH/s ratio", so I am not exactly sure how this is not related to ROI.

It's not fully related to ROI. It can be also related to other offers which are on the market and that has nothing to do with ROI.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:45:08 PM

Perhaps discussions regarding Sept. SP30 ship dates belong somewhere else too ? I noticed this on the KNC thread today.
Is it true that Sept. SP30 pre-orders won't ship until mid-late September ?

If so, I completely understand why you'd like bury discussions about SP30 ROI in a different thread.

I was told they will try to ship them out around the 2nd week of September. So it is at least the 2nd week. Could be the 3rd or 4th.

This is just sad now. Until now SP-Tech had a great record when it comes to delivery and it has delivered before the announced date a couple of time already.
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: