Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:51:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260006 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blaiser

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:46:14 AM

Any news of the June 10th batch? Shipping soon? Price barely moved with this batch.

can we have a status update on June batch please? thanks

Small number of shipping will be today.
More on Monday and Wednesday or Thursday next week.

So Spondoolies has joined the club of manufacturers facing delays and not being able to stick to their promised delivery time frame.
We reached this point faster than I expected, after such a good start..

Hope this was just a one-timer as I'm still on the fence watching..

I don't see any delays, your feeble attempt to spread FUD is below you, my friend.
June batch was billed to begin build on 10th June; therefore I would expect the shipping queue to run for a couple of weeks after the initial build date.

+1 and not to mention they just came off a Holiday. It was mentioned by Spondoolies in an earlier post that there deliveries would taper off a bit because of it. Also you might notice the lack of Spondoolies responses for the last couple of days as there work week is Sunday thru Thursday so expect to see some replies to your question(s) tomorrow (well my tomorrow anyway).

~Blaise

Hey man, can you spare some Teeth - GQZ1mXzbsviarDAjgGeVTRB5GmjyMtFj5N
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:00:16 PM

No intention to spread fud as Spondoolies delivers hq hardware and has the best customer support I'm aware of.

They were very fast with shipping in the past, so I was a little confused about the fact that some miners will be shipped more than one week after this date. If it has been communicated clearly, ok fine, I missed that part - sorry and thanks for pointing out.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:03:49 PM

No intention to spread fud as Spondoolies delivers hq hardware and has the best customer support I'm aware of.

They were very fast with shipping in the past, so I was a little confused about the fact that some miners will be shipped more than one week after this date. Guess due to the high amount of orders ? If it has been communicated clearly, ok fine, I missed that part sorry in that case.

it did confuse me to think you would spread FUD, sorry if I offended by intimating this. I know,  it's not like you at all.
But yeah, Jewish holidays (i am seriously considering turning!) play a big part in Israeli life, but knowing Sp-Tech, there is undoubtedly going to be someone in the office keeping things ticking over, if even at a slow pace until tomorrow, when the workforce will be back (presumedly).

peace.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:39:54 PM

Zvi, I was wondering how to allow API access so MultiMiner can see the miner on the network like it does the Antminers and such.
I have it setup as the default like this.
api-listen
True

api-allow
W:127.0.0.1
It is like something is missing to make it work.

Thanks
You have to ssh to station and vi /etc/cgminer.conf
I am not expert on the cgminer config files, I know you can set w:0/0 to enable total remote access to miner from any station. Maybe someone here can guide you to a more secure configuration.
It's important for minepeon to have access from local station (127.0.0.1).
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:47:24 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 01:02:06 PM by zvisha

You can always put a 3 kw space heater in your garage to simulate it.

Once again, the units do work above 35°C.

I can´t remember what the maximum was that spondoolies tested it at, though.

Sp30 should have a bit more thermal headroom though.

Miner front temperature usually ~5C above ambient.
The thermal shutdown was set to 50front/90back.
From 1.4.0 at 50front it will set max fans, and thermal shutdown moved to 60C. On the back it's still 90C.
Thermal shutdown will not shutdown, it will rest till temperatures under 60C. If it takes more then 5 minutes for system to cool down, the mining watchdog (external process to minergate) notices that there is no mining and restarts the unit. If you have 5-10 minute spikes on the 24hour graph, most likely you are cooling it wrong.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

murdof what's the pool speed for your miners?

I updated twp SP10's firmware and they are hashing a little slower than previously. I'll let them hash over night and take a peek again later. I usually get my highest hash readings on the the guild. If I use Ghash, it's all over the place.

The miners will report lower speed on GUI, but you will see higher speed on the pool. Since you just made your upgrade it will take a couple of hours to get some accurate numbers from both the miner and the pool.

I'm also waiting for my DC host to switch me to 208V. Still on 110V. Wanna squeeze everything I can out of it.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:12:08 PM

... I assume the values on btcguild were lower because of bad luck ...

btcguild bad luck won't affect the hash rate you see. It will affect the payouts only.

BTC Guild's luck is horrible. That's the only reason I went with Ghash (this was months ago) and their luck really never recovered yet. As much as I pain to mine on the Ghash pool, I have to some times. And forget Eligius. I don't understand their payout system and don't like a system where I can't manually perform a payout. And I get real tired of seeing those messages saying "new things to come" just "be patient" all over that have been there for over a year.

raskul

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

... I assume the values on btcguild were lower because of bad luck ...

btcguild bad luck won't affect the hash rate you see. It will affect the payouts only.

BTC Guild's luck is horrible. That's the only reason I went with Ghash (this was months ago) and their luck really never recovered yet. As much as I pain to mine on the Ghash pool, I have to some times. And forget Eligius. I don't understand their payout system and don't like a system where I can't manually perform a payout. And I get real tired of seeing those messages saying "new things to come" just "be patient" all over that have been there for over a year.

come over to mmpool!
new round just started  Grin

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:17:44 PM

Hi everyone;

I had an issue with the PSU (broke because of bad luck). Spondoolies replied to mail 5 mns after my request with : "give us your pool credentials".
Few hour later I had a SP10 configured in israel hashing for me. Thanks Spondoolies !
I now received my fresh new PSU and everything is back to normal. Thanks Spondoolies !
Firmware 1.4.3 is awesome, 1.5+TH/s with 1%-0.5% HW errors. Thanks Spondoolies !

If anyone read me and want to invest in a miner, I highly recommend SP-T. They are reliable, great after sales support and well... good at what they do.

@SP-Tech : Thank you again team, you have better after sales support than some of the biggest IT actor on the market.

Keep it up, Spondoolies!  You guys built a great reputation in a short amount of time!

Guy gave me a 15% off future purchase because I was unhappy with the slower hashrate on 110v.  This was before it was well known that the SP10 was current-limited on 110v.  I figured Spondoolies has such a great rep, a future purchase would probably happen anyways, so I decided the 15% off future purchase was a fair compensation.

BTW, I lifted the cap and can confirm they can hash at 1.4 TH on 110v!  (1260 W setting)  Of course, the power draw at the wall is around 1440 W so I went back to the 1100 W limit (around 1200 W at the wall).  At 1.4 TH, the wires were getting hot (120 C) - I only had 16 gauge wires.  So can't do that...

Edit: Next unit (maybe after SP30s), please have noise level and US 110v customers in mind as well. ;-)

%15 on all future? Is that just an offer for you? I'm on the fence about getting an SP30 (September) but since there are no refunds and bitcoin  can go anywhere I'm a big chicken. Does everything think the SP30 will ROI? When I enter the numbers into that wisdom chart, it indicates with just todays numbers and an increasing diff will take over a year to ROI.  I know we can't predict the difficulty, but at least we can agree it usually does always go up, right? And predicting bitcoin to USD, that's impossible. If I knew that one I'd already have a few orders of some SP30's.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:26:39 PM

Hi everyone;

I had an issue with the PSU (broke because of bad luck). Spondoolies replied to mail 5 mns after my request with : "give us your pool credentials".
Few hour later I had a SP10 configured in israel hashing for me. Thanks Spondoolies !
I now received my fresh new PSU and everything is back to normal. Thanks Spondoolies !
Firmware 1.4.3 is awesome, 1.5+TH/s with 1%-0.5% HW errors. Thanks Spondoolies !

If anyone read me and want to invest in a miner, I highly recommend SP-T. They are reliable, great after sales support and well... good at what they do.

@SP-Tech : Thank you again team, you have better after sales support than some of the biggest IT actor on the market.

Keep it up, Spondoolies!  You guys built a great reputation in a short amount of time!

Guy gave me a 15% off future purchase because I was unhappy with the slower hashrate on 110v.  This was before it was well known that the SP10 was current-limited on 110v.  I figured Spondoolies has such a great rep, a future purchase would probably happen anyways, so I decided the 15% off future purchase was a fair compensation.

BTW, I lifted the cap and can confirm they can hash at 1.4 TH on 110v!  (1260 W setting)  Of course, the power draw at the wall is around 1440 W so I went back to the 1100 W limit (around 1200 W at the wall).  At 1.4 TH, the wires were getting hot (120 C) - I only had 16 gauge wires.  So can't do that...

Edit: Next unit (maybe after SP30s), please have noise level and US 110v customers in mind as well. ;-)

How did it even go to  1400Watts? The power supply in mine is only an 1100 watt power supply. Did they change or put more powerful power supplies in different SP10's?

Kuma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:18:39 PM

Zvi, I was wondering how to allow API access so MultiMiner can see the miner on the network like it does the Antminers and such.
api-listen
True

api-allow

Thanks
I am not expert on the cgminer config files, I know you can set w:0/0 to enable total remote access to miner from any station. Maybe someone here can guide you to a more secure configuration.

If you need to change settings through API (for example switching pools etc.), you should set W:127.0.0.1,W:<your IP or IP/subnet>. If you need just to read values from API use W:127.0.0.1,R<your IP or IP/subnet> or W:127.0.0.1,R:0/0 (for enabling non privileged - read access from all IP addresses).
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:48:53 PM

Thank you Kuma,
I will ssh in to do this if I am correct.  There used to be a box to do this in the settings page.  I hope Zvi puts that back in later on.  ssh is a pain in the butt.
Thanks again I appreciate it.

api-listen
True

api-allow

Thanks

If you need to change settings through API (for example switching pools etc.), you should set W:127.0.0.1,W:<your IP or IP/subnet>. If you need just to read values from API use W:127.0.0.1,R<your IP or IP/subnet> or W:127.0.0.1,R:0/0 (for enabling non privileged - read access from all IP addresses).

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:53:54 PM

They were very fast with shipping in the past, so I was a little confused about the fact that some miners will be shipped more than one week after this date. If it has been communicated clearly, ok fine, I missed that part - sorry and thanks for pointing out.

All "immediate shipping" paid miners were shipped.
We've started to ship "Mid June" batch and will do so continuously until the end of the month.
No delays.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:01:51 PM

We've started to ship "Mid June" batch and will do so continuously until the end of the month.
No delays.

Do you guys ever take a breath? Wow... that is good news... hope to hear the August call for SP30s in the same clear voice. NO DELAYS!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
raskul

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:28:46 PM

No delays.

Do you guys ever take a breath? Wow... that is good news... hope to hear the August call for SP30s in the same clear voice. NO DELAYS!

i don't doubt it. just hope *someone* doesn't burn out the power sockets by testing too many at once!  Cheesy

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 11:39:43 PM

Does everything think the SP30 will ROI?

Depends on how much hash everybody else ships in the same timeframe and the price of BTC.

I'd say if Spondoolies ship on time or ahead of schedule and KNC are delayed and don't ship the monster Neptune many think they will, maybe but maybe  not. And if it does, it won't be huge. Right now dollars are chasing pennies in the mining business..
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 12:06:27 AM

Does everything think the SP30 will ROI?

Depends on how much hash everybody else ships in the same timeframe and the price of BTC.

I'd say if Spondoolies ship on time or ahead of schedule and KNC are delayed and don't ship the monster Neptune many think they will, maybe but maybe  not. And if it does, it won't be huge. Right now dollars are chasing pennies in the mining business..

Go back to your KnC thread and shill there please.

opentoe of course they will. I expect KnC to be delayed until September and I don't expect AM to sell their 60PH until September either so things are looking very ok for us.

Maybe I should ask it again but add "September". That's a whole month ahead of August and by that time I'm sure those KNC Neptune's will be out in swarms, which will put a pretty big dent in a September delivery. That is what I was thinking. Hey, that's what all miner's do, just sit and think and think and think. It is amazing how much just one month makes a difference in this "hobby".

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:17:05 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 12:30:12 AM by RoadStress

The only person shilling here RoadStress is you. Check the signatures for confirmation.

And if RoadStress is so sure that the  SP30 will ROI, I'm sure he won't mind guaranteeing it personally. Right RoadStress ?

Being an affiliate for the best bitcoin mining company isn't actually shilling. It's called supporting the company while also giving back some to the community. As for guaranteeing I actually did it, but it was a one time offer and I got refused.

I would like to offer you a deal, but i want to make it only for you and it won't happen again and i don't want to have any influence for the rest of the group buy. I can offer to support your losses by fully repaying you in case of non-delivery in August. It's not much and it's only my word. I would get the scammer tag if i don't pay you and my reputation here will be over. You will need to agree it first and then after I post "I agree" it will be binding for me. I reserve the right to not agree it if there will be a lot of people that will complain that i'm trying to gather more units and if i feel that it's the wrong thing to do it, although until now this Group Buy is doing just fine.

I will brake my promise just for you since you said that you are a miner too. If you want to buy an SP30 I will guarantee it personally, but I know you won't.

Maybe I should ask it again but add "September". That's a whole month ahead of August and by that time I'm sure those KNC Neptune's will be out in swarms, which will put a pretty big dent in a September delivery. That is what I was thinking. Hey, that's what all miner's do, just sit and think and think and think. It is amazing how much just one month makes a difference in this "hobby".

My reply was aimed with September in mind. I don't think KnC will not ship any Neptune in August. Even if they ship you need to think that the whole network now is powered with equipment that is over 1W/GH. Having 0.5W/Gh is the way to go. There won't be a better offer for both $/GH and W/GH.

You need to think faster because as the days pass you will be further along the queue line or who knows maybe they will sell out faster than we think!

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 12:25:02 AM

I will brake my promise just for you since you said that you are a miner too. If you want to buy an SP30 I will guarantee it personally

There you go opentoe, RoadStress will 'brake' (sic) his promise and guarantee that if you order a SP30 it will ROI. I'll leave it up to you to negotiate the details of when it is guaranteed to ROI, and what compensation he will offer you if it doesn't.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 12:28:25 AM

I don't think KnC will not ship any Neptune in August.

Double negative. Sounds like RoadStress is now agreeing that KNC with ship Neptune machines in August.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: