Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:45:52 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 01:56:02 PM by zvisha

Mkae sure you have exhaust as well.  They pump out a TON of heat.  They pull ~ 1500W at the wall (I have two).

Hi
Are you sure about this number?  
How did you measure 1500W? At what voltage and with what tools? How much hash-rate do you get from it?

We have SW limit for ~1370W at the wall for 220V, and usually we are around ~1350W in turbo mode. In FCC tests we never passed 1370W at 220V.
We tested the PSU up to ~1390W, so I am surprised it works at 1500W.

Here is Dogies report with 1374W as his top power:
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVgqipWP.png&t=539&c=rfNka_JZWjl45g

Regards`

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:01:14 PM

Mkae sure you have exhaust as well.  They pump out a TON of heat.  They pull ~ 1500W at the wall (I have two).

Hi
Are you sure about this number?  
How did you measure 1500W? At what voltage and with what tools? How much hash-rate do you get from it?

We have SW limit for ~1370W at the wall for 220V, and usually we are around ~1350W in turbo mode. In FCC tests we never passed 1370W at 220V.
We tested the PSU up to ~1390W, so I am surprised it works at 1500W.

Here is Dogies report with 1374W as his top power:
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVgqipWP.png&t=539&c=rfNka_JZWjl45g

Regards`
I think he is talking about a specific model of (portable) AC units, not one of your miners Smiley
Collider

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:03:28 PM

@spondoolies

Does your hosting package include public ips for management of the hosted units or is some other system used for miner management?

Hi.
We are supporting 2 different options:

Recommended:
We are developing our custom monitoring system for our DC that will allow us to monitor performance of all hosted miners. All those monitored miners will be sitting in our VLAN, behind firewall and NAT, with our monitoring tools running in the cluster. We will update the FW, monitor rate and temperature etc`. We also have a technician in the DC to handle issues, HW malfunctions, do SW upgrades etc`. The user will be able to monitor his hash-rate on the pool side, and he will let us know of the wallets/pools via mail correspondence. We recommend pools that don`t require login, so it can be monitored by us and by the client.

Not recommended:
If someone REALLY insists to monitor his miners himself, we can put his miners on separate VLAN in the DC and give him access to the VLAN, but I really don't think it is a good idea from many points of view:
All such VLAN based miners will be on separate network interface (so they can not abuse the network or DDOS other miners), but they still can effect each other.  We will not be able to monitor them (since users can shut them down, restart, change mode, set custom IP etc`), the user will have to manually do SW upgrades, and it is much less secure (someone can access your VLAN by stealing your key).

So I really hope the users will prefer the fully monitored solution, which is a much more attractive package.
Thank you very much for your further information.
If the system can detect miner downtimes and technical parameters it should work very well.
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

I recommend this : http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-Single-Zone-Split-Conditioning-System/dp/B0060OU3DO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399297076&sr=8-3&keywords=mitsubishi+split+air+conditioner

It can be used for home if you no longer mining.

Always get Mitsubishi system, the best split system bar none

Easy to install, and heatpump is outside for best efficiency

Also, you can have up to 5 zones (maybe 8 ) with the new Mr. Slim systems. I am having my miners hosted, but I am interested in these for other reasons.  The outside fan is almost silent, and I saw these operate, for the single unit cooling may take a little as 1 amp.  I want to do more research to see if they have a system with a return.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

so does anyone have their sp10's a home?
how much heat do they put out?

I was thinking of storing 4 SP30s in rack in a closet and sticking a self contained 12,000 BTU air conditioning system in there.  Do you guys think that will be enough?

4x sp30 will create approximately 12 kw of heat.  

A single ac of 12,000 btu can absorb around 3.5kw of heat.

Noway then.

So what you're saying is that I need something like this??

http://www.amazon.com/TRIPP-LITE-Cooling-Conditioner-SRCOOL33K/dp/B0082PYTWK/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1399258315&sr=8-14&keywords=self+contained+air+conditioner

Yes , that would do the job for sure, but your bill would go high to the sky.
It consumes alone around 3kw.

I would suggest to build a nice small insulated kiosk and use fans with filters to circulate the air.
You can leave it at the balcony.

You mean the AC? I thought its for datacenter only,  did you measure thro PDU?

Argh - I see my mistake.  That is the 33K not the 15K tripplite unit.

Apologies...

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:17:50 PM

@spondoolies

Does your hosting package include public ips for management of the hosted units or is some other system used for miner management?

Hi.
We are supporting 2 different options:

Recommended:
We are developing our custom monitoring system for our DC that will allow us to monitor performance of all hosted miners. All those monitored miners will be sitting in our VLAN, behind firewall and NAT, with our monitoring tools running in the cluster. We will update the FW, monitor rate and temperature etc`. We also have a technician in the DC to handle issues, HW malfunctions, do SW upgrades etc`. The user will be able to monitor his hash-rate on the pool side, and he will let us know of the wallets/pools via mail correspondence. We recommend pools that don`t require login, so it can be monitored by us and by the client.

Not recommended:
If someone REALLY insists to monitor his miners himself, we can put his miners on separate VLAN in the DC and give him access to the VLAN, but I really don't think it is a good idea from many points of view:
All such VLAN based miners will be on separate network interface (so they can not abuse the network or DDOS other miners), but they still can effect each other.  We will not be able to monitor them (since users can shut them down, restart, change mode, set custom IP etc`), the user will have to manually do SW upgrades, and it is much less secure (someone can access your VLAN by stealing your key).

So I really hope the users will prefer the fully monitored solution, which is a much more attractive package.

@zvisha, Thanks for replying.  I was wondering about access and got more concerned when I saw the screenshots of customers miners in the DC.

I was afraid this was going to be the answer (needing tons of separate VLANs) based on the functionality of the start. page assuming it was on a lan with all the miners.

That said, offering monitoring for your customers is a nice service and will appeal to many.  

tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

I recommend this : http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-Single-Zone-Split-Conditioning-System/dp/B0060OU3DO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399297076&sr=8-3&keywords=mitsubishi+split+air+conditioner

It is a nice a/c, but IMHO It is useless to waste energy cooling something that is so energy efficient.
Also, those a/c's are not designed for a 100% duty cycle, as are for home use.

You either decide to send it to a DC, or build a nice polyurethane kiosk and use at least 4x 40w industrial fans with extra filters used for electrical cabinets.
http://www.brenclosures.com.au/pdfs/texa_datasheets/TX-FAN28.pdf

It will do the job and keep also a low energy consumption.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:49:00 PM

Why not use immersion cooling instead of an AC?

Novec is only $250/gallon and I think you would need about 2-4 gallons per sp30.
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:15:52 PM

It is a nice a/c, but IMHO It is useless to waste energy cooling something that is so energy efficient.

You either decide to send it to a DC, or build a nice polyurethane kiosk and use at least 4x 40w industrial fans with extra filters used for electrical cabinets.

Novec is only $250/gallon and I think you would need about 2-4 gallons per sp30.

I'm trying to weigh all my options right now.

1. 36,000 BTU mini split AC unit ~$3,000
2. Polyurethane kiosk (whatever that means) with some large industrial fans.  //I need more info on this.  What size would the kiosk be? what would be the estimated cost of building something like this? 
3. Novec Immersion Cooling.  //Need more info on this.  Where do I buy this liquid? do you just submerge the miner in it??

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:24:05 AM

Just saw that too.
GREAT write up for SP-TECH!!!

I HOPE all the BFL customers saw this, got refunds, and move to SP-TECH for future orders.
Im counting the days till my SP10 order ships.  Never been so excited!!!

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
jimmothy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:00:06 AM

3. Novec Immersion Cooling.  //Need more info on this.  Where do I buy this liquid? do you just submerge the miner in it??

You can buy it directly from 3m. It is almost as easy as submerging the miners. If you use 2 phase evaporative cooling you would need a condenser and pressure control system (so the system can safely breath without exploding or losing vapor).
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:37:12 AM

LOL Novec isnt magic liquid  Roll Eyes Its still just a medium of heat exchange. You have to dump those heat somewhere.

Dont be confused because Novec can conduct heat every well hence the advantage is DENSITY and EFFICIENCY, not cooling.

You need a heat pump to remove heat.

So you dont compare just the cost of Novec to the cost of A/C.

AC is a heat pump while to using AIR to conduct heat (air circulation in the room)

A correct comparison would be $500-750 vs $0 (air is free)
seriouscoin

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:40:24 AM

Dude, you compare 2 completely different scenarios. The whole point of using split system is because ..... you dont have ventilation !!!! Gee...

If you can vent air to exchange with the outside then, A/C doesnt help much.

I believe the poster want to use closet. Last time i check my closet doesnt have windows or balcony.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:42:07 AM

LOL Novec isnt magic liquid  Roll Eyes Its still just a medium of heat exchange. You have to dump those heat somewhere.

Dont be confused because Novec can conduct heat every well hence the advantage is DENSITY, not cooling.

AC is a heat pump while to using AIR to conduct heat (air circulation in the room)

You can just pump the heated water to an outdoor radiator+fan. No expensive and power hungry AC necessary.
seriouscoin

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:44:37 AM

LOL Novec isnt magic liquid  Roll Eyes Its still just a medium of heat exchange. You have to dump those heat somewhere.

Dont be confused because Novec can conduct heat every well hence the advantage is DENSITY, not cooling.

You can just pump the heated water to an outdoor radiator+fan. No expensive and power hungry AC necessary.

Or you can dump it to the ground..... you completely missed the point.

jimmothy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:49:41 AM

What exactly is your point?
seriouscoin

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:57:37 AM

LOL Novec isnt magic liquid  Roll Eyes Its still just a medium of heat exchange. You have to dump those heat somewhere.

What exactly is your point?

Being feasible, are you done dreaming?

You're talking about a custom cooling setup that requires setup cost, expensive materials and knowledge.

Put it this way, someone want to make his car more efficient and fuel economical. He plans to do some weight deduction and air intake. You come in and tell him to rig it off , put an electrical motor and build a plug-in hybrid.

Lets assume cost is not a concern, you think its easy?

10kW of heat is still 10kW of heat no matter what type of cooling you're using. You think the poster would be able to know what kind of heatpump he'd need? You think making an immersion tank is cheap and easy? Sure, just use a radiator and a pump right? until his tank pressure build up.

Its not a setup for 3 SP30s due to high setup cost and certainly not for someone whos not sure if they would mine long term. The AC can be re-purposed while your fancy setup would be a write off.

We all know you're awesome with "immersion setup" lets get back to reality ok?

jimmothy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:26:59 AM

You're talking about a custom cooling setup that requires setup cost, expensive materials and knowledge.

Aren't we all? Or do you know of a way to cool 10kw with no setup cost, expensive materials and knowledge?

Put it this way, someone want to make his car more efficient and fuel economical. He plans to do some weight deduction and air intake. You come in and tell him to rig it off , put an electrical motor and build a plug-in hybrid.

This is exactly what I am saying. Because 30% savings on electricity costs alone is not bad.

Lets assume cost is not a concern, you think its easy?

No I don't think it is easy but it is not nearly as difficult as you make it out to be. But cost wise it is practical.

10kW of heat is still 10kW of heat no matter what type of cooling you're using. You think the poster would be able to know what kind of heatpump he'd need? You think making an immersion tank is cheap and easy? Sure, just use a radiator and a pump right? until his tank pressure build up.

Yes along with a fan. With proper testing and a pressure control system there should be no problem with pressure.

Its not a setup for 3 SP30s due to high setup cost and certainly not for someone whos not sure if they would mine long term.

What low cost/short term solution do you recommend?
Collider

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:31:07 AM

Lets put it this way:
Unless you are trying to cool a whole 250kw Tank with Novec and 2-phase immersion cooling, it doesn´t make any financial sense.

The only reason why immersion cooling is cheaper than air cooling ist because of scale. When you put many units into these tanks, less liquid is needed and at some point the liquid becomes cheaper than buying heatsinks and fans for your units.

However, the liquid only transports the heat away from the chips / boards. It still needs to get extracted from the tanks.
Thats where the radiators come in, which are very efficient especially in warmer climates (compared to the normal cooling costs there) as the fluids in these radiators only need to circle slowly and can easily be cooled.

Building a home 2-phase immersion cooling rig isn´t worth the effort imo as it will always be more expensive vs air cooling.

My recommendation: Just put your unit in a DC, thats what they are built for anyway.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:35:37 AM

Lets put it this way:
Unless you are trying to cool a whole 250kw Tank with Novec and 2-phase immersion cooling, it doesn´t make any financial sense.

The only reason why immersion cooling is cheaper than air cooling ist because of scale. When you put many units into these tanks, less liquid is needed and at some point the liquid becomes cheaper than buying heatsinks and fans for your units.

Why would the cost not scale down? Whats preventing you from having the same gallon/kw ratio with a 10kw tub vs a 250kw tub?
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: