Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:32:16 PM

new SP20 price! $795
with discount code and shipping of 2 units (3.4TH): 4.5 BTC

7* bitmain S3+ units (3.4 TH) with coupons and shipping this week = 4.7 BTC
4* Bitmain C1 (4TH) with watercooling and shipping this week = 5.3 BTC   (4.64 for 3.5TH)

wrong math

1x SP20 price! $795+shipping   1700GH/s
2x C1 price   $800+shipping    2000GH/s

Which one is more GH/s ?

Which one requires extra components not mentioned in the price?

Both require a PSU,  2x C1 need 2 liter distilled water+200ml antifreeze. And C1  is silent.

But I look forward to Antminer S5, which goes on sale 15 November

Don't the C1 need pumps and radiators as well?

Shipped separately ordered separately from another company... costs?

C1 Batch2 opens sale now, Cooling Kits are included Smiley

SP20 plug and play vs the C1 and cheaper when all costs factored in.

Notice some issues with people and the coolant leaking and issues with failed pumps.

Issue for SP20... noisy?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:36:28 PM

Issue for SP20... noisy?

Just the 212 CFM 61db fan Cheesy

Otherwise quiet as a mouse  Shocked

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:45:57 PM

Issue for SP20... noisy?

Otherwise quiet as a mouse  Shocked
The magical noise of Bitcoins being generated Smiley

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:49:44 PM

Issue for SP20... noisy?

Otherwise quiet as a mouse  Shocked

Most homes in Houston do not have a basement (shifting ground is apparently to blame).
I cannot host mining equipment that produces excessive noise at home, otherwise new SP20 looks good.
I am surprised that mining manufacturers are not trying to accommodate such customers as myself.
Multiple S1 noise was as much as I could handle. S3 is better.
Sptech promised initially that Sp20 will be quiet, but it is not, apparently.
braindead

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:56:34 PM

new SP20 price! $795

4* Bitmain C1 (4TH) with watercooling and shipping this week = 5.3 BTC   (4.64 for 3.5TH)

wrong math

1x SP20 price! $795+shipping   1700GH/s
2x C1 price   $800+shipping    2000GH/s

Which one is more GH/s ?

Also i heard the SP-20 is another BOING 747 ready to take off, so it´s made to be in data-centers, the C1 seems to be a lot quieter miner 42db only
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:06:19 PM

price is still too high, there is no roi here.  

Hardware = $800 (including power supply)
Profitability decline per year = 0.1 (only <8% decline per period, very conservative)
Power = 1200W @0.15

Still come back with a negative $ after 12 months. It's basic math, i dont understand why people continue to buy those overpriced hardware, host them, run them, when they wont make any money for you.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:18:00 PM

new SP20 price! $795

wrong math

1x SP20 price! $795+shipping   1700GH/s
2x C1 price   $800+shipping    2000GH/s

Which one is more GH/s ?

Which one requires extra components not mentioned in the price?
@tupsu: look at my math, i did a cost basis at 3.4th (as that means better shipping$/gh) and then adjusted the 4th pricing of c1 miners to be based on 3.5th (similar to 7*s3+ units)
The resulting price was very similar for all 3 options.

@bickelliski: the c1 b2 comes with the cooling kit now. All that you need different from the sp20 is some cooling fluid and a bigger space to set up units and radiators. That's $5-20 depending whether using distilled water or a specialized coolant

S3+: takes up most space, reasonably quiet
C1: takes up medium amount of space, cooling system is easily reusable on a computer or the next gen c2, similar noise to s3 (due to fan on unit and fans in rad), some issues with pump leaks or failures.
Sp20: smallest, best software (debatable of course), better price, loudest option.

Imo, the sp20 is a tempting offer in comparison, but the noise and low buying power of. A bitcoin right now are holding me back. Anyone managed to sub in quieter fans to make this acceptable for living in the same floor of a house with?

Ps: the s5 is total rumor outside of a random magazine advert. I think there will be one soon, but the nov15 date is unsubstantiated by bitmain (outside of a random magazine advert)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:21:10 PM

Profitability decline per year = 0.1 (only <8% decline per period, very conservative)
Power = 1200W @0.15

Still come back with a negative $ after 12 months. It's basic math, i dont understand why people continue to buy those overpriced hardware, host them, run them, when they wont make any money for you.

Try your math again with $0.10 power - not everyone pays $0.15/kwh or more. Other assumptions like difficulty jumps <6% or increasing bitcoin value also affect the calculations. Its unlikely we will still have a $400 bitcoin in a year from now.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
newguy05

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:29:32 PM

Power = 1200W @0.15

Try your math again with $0.10 power - not everyone pays $0.15/kwh or more. Other assumptions like difficulty jumps <6% or increasing bitcoin value also affect the calculations. Its unlikely we will still have a $400 bitcoin in a year from now.

btc/usd increase or decrease is irrelevant to mining profitability calculations, i am surprised as a hero member, you dont understand this basic principal of mining. 

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..FROM ANY SMART........

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:33:57 PM

Don't the C1 need pumps and radiators as well?

No.  At this time all inclusive. It was only C1 Batch 1 problem.

SP20 plug and play vs the C1 and cheaper when all costs factored in.

Notice some issues with people and the coolant leaking and issues with failed pumps.

Issue for SP20... noisy?
I got both the  leaking miner and  the pump not running. I use one pump of two C1 miners.
SP20 its not only noisy, each of the new software, it will only slow down.
Too sensitive to temperature and power cuts.  A good miner, but too over-tuned.
I look forward to better take advantage of a water-cooled SP20(?)

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:03:20 PM

Imo, the sp20 is a tempting offer in comparison, but the noise and low buying power of. A bitcoin right now are holding me back. Anyone managed to sub in quieter fans to make this acceptable for living in the same floor of a house with?

Gone from 1.3x to 1.5x 1.665TH and climbing now, back temperatures gone from 37 to 67°C 77°C!
Keep your room cozy and warm in the winter ...

I am going to have to do something about the fan though, this thing is loud! Louder than all my other miners combined.

If I can't do anything about it I'll have to sell it I think Sad

This is the fan used in the SP20.. beast of a thing!

Damn, fan uses a 4pin PWM Graphics card type header. Going to have to get one of these if I want to try other fan types:

PWM Fan Adapter for VGA Cooler Fan

Don't buy this adapter its a different fitting on the SP20

Good news is that it runs without anything plugged into the header so I'm testing another solution

Latest update (from other thread)

I've currently got two Coolermaster Jetflo 90+CFM fans powered from the PSU, one replacing the internal fan and one on the outside pushing air in at the back.

Not-so good news is thats not enough airflow to keep the unit performing at spec, sweet spot seems to be just under 1.4TH

Temp Front / Back T,B
33 °C / 86,87 °C

But its now normal miner sound levels Smiley

I've got two other fans to try out at between 120-150CF<, still haven't got the connector sourced, its some sort of wire to board molex micro or pico connector, I guess you could solder the custom connector onto the fan wires if you wanted a stock look.

At the moment the wire comes out the side of the lid and to a 4 pin molex from the PSU, not pretty but I'd rather quiet than pretty.

Hopefully will get a chance to test the new fans today, so can update with pics.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

Power = 1200W @0.15

btc/usd increase or decrease is irrelevant to mining profitability calculations, i am surprised as a hero member, you dont understand this basic principal of mining.  

It has a lot to do with it. Let's take a fictional scenario where a miner costs 1btc and over a 12month period produces 2btc while using up $400 in electricity. You effectively break even if bitcoin price stays put at $400 from now to then.

What if bitcoin goes to $1200 (3x value)? At the end of the year your roi will be (2-1btc)-$400. That's effectively a $800 positive roi. On top of that, it's likely the miner could continue to mine profitably at that price for a few more months, maybe another $100 added to the ROI. *for those who say this is why to buy and hold, if you bought 1btc at $400, after the year you would have $1200 in btc, a gain of $800 (bitcoin going more than $1200 would make mining more profitable than holding)*

Granted, an increase like that in bitcoin price would likely result in a larger difficulty rise as 1-2w/gh equipment resumes mining profitably, and other various factors - but the point us that roi is effectively based on a (bitcoin(x1) - bitcoin(x0)) - dollar(y) equation, so the value of bitcoin is very important. Its all a lot of speculation, but so is trying to estimate difficulty increases

newguy05

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 05:50:12 PM

Power = 1200W @0.15

It has a lot to do with it. Let's take a fictional scenario where a miner costs 1btc and over a 12month period produces 2btc while using up $400 in electricity. You effectively break even if bitcoin price stays put at $400 from now to then.

What if bitcoin goes to $1200 (3x value)? At the end of the year your roi will be (2-1btc)-$400. That's effectively a $800 positive roi. On top of that, it's likely the miner could continue to mine profitably at that price for a few more months, maybe another $100 added to the ROI. *for those who say this is why to buy and hold, if you bought 1btc at $400, after the year you would have $1200 in btc, a gain of $800 (bitcoin going more than $1200 would make mining more profitable than holding)*

Granted, an increase like that in bitcoin price would likely result in a larger difficulty rise as 1-2w/gh equipment resumes mining profitably, and other various factors - but the point us that roi is effectively based on a (bitcoin(x1) - bitcoin(x0)) - dollar(y) equation, so the value of bitcoin is very important. Its all a lot of speculation, but so is trying to estimate difficulty increases

if you buy bitcoin directly, you will incur the same gain/loss with regards to btc price fluctuations.  Therefore to calculate if a mining hardware is profitable or not going forward, the bitcoin future price factor is never used as part of the consideration.

Anyone who doesnt understand that shouldnt be buying hardwares.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..FROM ANY SMART........

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:04:48 PM

Power = 1200W @0.15

if you buy bitcoin directly, you will incur the same gain/loss with regards to btc price fluctuations.  Therefore to calculate if a mining hardware is profitable or not going forward, the bitcoin future price factor is never used as part of the consideration.

Anyone who doesnt understand that shouldnt be buying hardwares.

I stopped arguing with that idiot long time ago. Hes too fcking dumb to understand this simple concept. Infact i say most noobs buying hardware right now are actually expecting BTC price to rise in order for ROI.
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:07:58 PM

There is no btc mining equipmemt that doesnt lose at least 50-80% of its value due to capital cost and electricity during its life cycle.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

I'm truly surprised SPT managed to sell any SP20's at all. The value it offered has always been terrible compared to the competition and I've been pointing that out (with the maths to back it up) since it was announced.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:30:14 PM

I'm truly surprised SPT managed to sell any SP20's at all. The value it offered has always been terrible compared to the competition and I've been pointing that out (with the maths to back it up) since it was announced.

Again coming here after I poke AM in their thread. I should make a counter for this. This is the fourth time Smiley

Being so surprised shows how clueless you are regarding everything and I will reply to you with a quote from another AM shareholder:
for each seller, there is a buyer.

Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:51:23 PM

I cannot express how glad I am I sold my SP20 immediately for exactly what I paid for it given they have 0 regard for those who purchased early (as show in the lowering of prices 1 week after delivery without equal compensation to early supporters).

Great hardware, shitty management.

Don't trust any exchange!
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

I cannot express how glad I am I sold my SP20 immediately for exactly what I paid for it given they have 0 regard for those who purchased early (as show in the lowering of prices 1 week after delivery without equal compensation to early supporters).

Great hardware, shitty management.

The hardware was actually shit too, hence why they had to stop selling it to sort the problems out.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:06:14 PM

Lowered the price 1 week after delivery, but shipping is one week later so that makes it 2 weeks. Also you should know by now that mining hardware price is always going down. I don't think you were expecting the same price until the end of the year.

The hardware was actually shit too, hence why they had to stop selling it to sort the problems out.

They had issues with shipping, not with the actual hardware, but yes feel free to spread your anger/shit here.

Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: