Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:24:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:46:57 PM

anything happening in the last few days? come on dev team announce something worth getting excited over.

WOC - 36 million coins - you can only buy for WC ....10 WC = 1WOC (i prefer just whiteout really over whiteout coin)

6 million dev pot held in  public transparent wallets

all un purchased WOC coins also held in pubic transparet wallets.

Let's use the WC people pay with for the WOC coins for development and marketing. Same for the 6 million WOC pot.

These pots can be monitored with alerts so if the coins are moved with out community consultation the markets for wc and woc can be shut down.

Let's get on with it. WOC must be an amazing coin or don't even bother since it is not amazing in every way with a great anon whitepaper, sms wallets all the bells a whistles then it is not worth starting.
However if it looks great people will buy it and we will have the development funds to push out something amazing.

WOC with premine of 16,666%?
I really think someone is going to support you that?
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:47:08 PM

WOC brings nothing to WC unless it is created as a tool WC and accessible only through it.
Its launch if it is not subject to that link with WC, is similar to dozens of coins continuously born and ever more implementations and development and I see no reason that it should "inherit" the community WC community. I think we should focus on improving what we have (and we've invested) to improve their marketing, and their adoption by the general public which is what will really give a value to WC.

I agree with this and, I kind of like the "features" post. Why not make "WhiteOut" a feature that can be added to WhiteCoin? As the poster said, that would open the door to all manor of other useful features building on a base that already exists. Just download a module if you want it.

I can see a future where certain users will be prohibited from using "anon" coins or, interest bearing coins, or other added on features. If it were modular, whitecoin could support all users simply by providing the needed/desired modules. Oh, and I'm not talking about a gov't crackdown or any of that crap, I'm talking about organizations that may be prohibited from using anonymous or interest bearing currency like charities, govt agencies, other countries with different sets of financial laws etc. This would create a truely universal coin that could be all things to all users.

Think about it please...

PS: I for one, purchased my WC and I would NOT be happy trading 10 for 1 no matter what the price projection is, that just doesn't sit well with me...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:20:11 PM

WOC brings nothing to WC unless it is created as a tool WC and accessible only through it.
Its launch if it is not subject to that link with WC, is similar to dozens of coins continuously born and ever more implementations and development and I see no reason that it should "inherit" the community WC community. I think we should focus on improving what we have (and we've invested) to improve their marketing, and their adoption by the general public which is what will really give a value to WC.

I agree with this and, I kind of like the "features" post. Why not make "WhiteOut" a feature that can be added to WhiteCoin? As the poster said, that would open the door to all manor of other useful features building on a base that already exists. Just download a module if you want it.

I can see a future where certain users will be prohibited from using "anon" coins or, interest bearing coins, or other added on features. If it were modular, whitecoin could support all users simply by providing the needed/desired modules. Oh, and I'm not talking about a gov't crackdown or any of that crap, I'm talking about organizations that may be prohibited from using anonymous or interest bearing currency like charities, govt agencies, other countries with different sets of financial laws etc. This would create a truely universal coin that could be all things to all users.

Think about it please...

PS: I for one, purchased my WC and I would NOT be happy trading 10 for 1 no matter what the price projection is, that just doesn't sit well with me...

+1 (great suggestions and position)

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:50:59 AM

| WhiteCoin PRIVACY features POLL | VOTE NOW! |

Wow, was not expecting to see practically the same amount of votes on all 3 choices.

so ideally it should be:
integrated privacy feature in WC, but as separate option, thus pleasing everyone Grin

a plugin system:
so its up to individual user to download and use "whiteout" plugin.
this plugin would only work with WC

and then you could use this plugin framework to add more downloadable features Smiley

I support this idea, i think it is best option.

I like the idea of a framework as well to be used with the current WC. Where is the vote button for that little gem?

eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:33:44 AM

so ideally it should be:
integrated privacy feature in WC, but as separate option, thus pleasing everyone Grin

a plugin system:

and then you could use this plugin framework to add more downloadable features Smiley

I would support this, too.

But, to my understanding, the devs are reluctant to build whiteout into WC because they are concerned about creating blockchain issues. Is this an issue that can be solved? (I don't know)

Also, I sense that a significant motivation behind WOC (I also prefer the name WhiteOut, instead of WhiteOutCoin) is that an IPO would help to create funds for WCF to pay the devs for their work (I'm kinda guessing here, so I may be wrong). Regardless, though, we are all asking for new features to keep WC competitive, but we haven't discussed funding or how WCF plans to pay the devs for their work.

In the absence of an IPO that raises funds for WCF are we, as a community, prepared to join together and fund the new features for which we are asking?
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:55:47 AM

so ideally it should be:

a plugin system:

But, to my understanding, the devs are reluctant to build whiteout into WC because they are concerned about creating blockchain issues. Is this an issue that can be solved? (I don't know)

Also, I sense that a significant motivation behind WOC (I also prefer the name WhiteOut, instead of WhiteOutCoin) is that an IPO would help to create funds for WCF to pay the devs for their work (I'm kinda guessing here, so I may be wrong). Regardless, though, we are all asking for new features to keep WC competitive, but we haven't discussed funding or how WCF plans to pay the devs for their work.

In the absence of an IPO that raises funds for WCF are we, as a community, prepared to join together and fund the new features for which we are asking?

+1 and yes, help to fund

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:13:56 AM

so ideally it should be:

a plugin system:

Speaking of DEVs I honestly am starting to think they no longer exist. Have not heard from just one of them in like, ever.

delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:24:39 AM

I live 4 hours away from Mogonzo and we got hit by Hurricane Arthur pretty badly, I lost power for 4 days and just got it back few hours ago... 25% of the province was down and 5% is still down...

Sorry mate but he might have bigger fish to fry for a couple days.

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
rocketcoins

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:23:14 AM

Would it be possible to get a running breakdown somewhere on what the WCF donation funds have been used for to date.

http://cryptexplorer.com/address/WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR

Balance              537695.728601 WC
Transactions in    241
Received            1430189.695071 WC
Transactions out  89
Sent                  892493.96647 WC

Thanks
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:25:07 AM

so ideally it should be:

a plugin system:

Speaking of DEVs I honestly am starting to think they no longer exist. Have not heard from just one of them in like, ever.

there is no sign of devs and if they keep on doing this, the coin will be dead soon.
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:42:09 AM

I live 4 hours away from Mogonzo and we got hit by Hurricane Arthur pretty badly, I lost power for 4 days and just got it back few hours ago... 25% of the province was down and 5% is still down...

Well, like Mogonzo will be the first to tell you....it's not all about Mogonzo.  There has been a request to hear something from Mindfox for weeks now.  Something that would let us know what is and isn't possible...help us to focus our conversations in a helpful direction.  I hate to be "that guy" and as you guys know I'm a big supporter....but come on already.  A statement from Mindfox (or whoever is actually going to be doing future development on WC) is LONG overdue.   We have 500,000 WC in the war chest...let's get that paid out to someone who can work on this coin.  And, for the record, I hope that is still Mindfox.  If 500K isn't enough...then let us know what it will take.  I know we can raise whatever is necessary to get this ball rolling. 
leonar76

Activity: 678
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:57:55 AM

good move. Smiley
hitbtc

Activity: 525

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:03:39 AM

Hello again! It's the Hibtc team here, and we invite your community to take part in our Coin Voting process.
Only active members of community can choose which currencies should be trading on Hitbtc.
You can vote for Whitecoin and add it to Hitbtc. Every few weeks we add the coin with the highest number of votes. We've already added Doge and are in the process of adding NXT now.
A small tip: You can sign in here: https://hitbtc.com/signin and add 10 votes instead of one from non-registered users.
The other way to add a coin to the exchange is our Market Maker program. We add any coin with two Market Maker contracts, irrespective of the number of votes it has. Take a look here: https://hitbtc.com/mm
Any questions, feel free to ask!

CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:47:23 AM

Well, like Mogonzo will be the first to tell you....it's not all about Mogonzo.  There has been a request to hear something from Mindfox for weeks now.  Something that would let us know what is and isn't possible...help us to focus our conversations in a helpful direction.  I hate to be "that guy" and as you guys know I'm a big supporter....but come on already.  A statement from Mindfox (or whoever is actually going to be doing future development on WC) is LONG overdue.   We have 500,000 WC in the war chest...let's get that paid out to someone who can work on this coin.  And, for the record, I hope that is still Mindfox.  If 500K isn't enough...then let us know what it will take.  I know we can raise whatever is necessary to get this ball rolling.  

Support is very strong for WC =) funding won't be an issue.

Two networks makes sense to me:

WhiteCoin = Transparency
WhiteOut = Privacy

I do like plugin/module architectures but of course, security is always a concern therefore consideration of security may overrule but it most certainly be evaluated as an option for inclusion in WhiteCoin network as a privacy for Net Neutrality is a must do.

[edit]

Here is my Proposed High Level roadmap for the community to consider:

* Build "Privacy Switch" for WC
* Privacy Switch can be extended to WhiteOut as a module
* Clearly define and agree on WhiteOut "mining/minting" logistics such as:
  * Wallet holding WC --> PoS (optional WC PoS Mining WhiteOut)
  * WC PoS = WhiteOut = Minting of WO
  * WO can only be minted with/by WC Wallet
  * Only 30M WhiteOut to be minted - follow bitcoin mining only using PoS (there was a previous suggestion of mining logic)
  * 2 - coin wallet = interwallet exchange WC - WO
[end edit]

Mogonzo talked with Mindfox (WCF CTO) and he has had some personal items he is taking care of atm and while he is getting back to WC, as this is only 1 development, more developers will be required (I am pretty certain) therefore, with this being said, if you are a dev and would like to contribute and be rewarded for your efforts, drop into IRC http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation and say hi and that you are interested in working with WC, WCF and the Community driven developments including future development in partnership with our recent partners - CryptoCopyright.com, shair.com and their many online interests.

We are at the beginning of a great journey with WhiteCoin Smiley

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:29:03 AM

that anon is just for suckers who fill fall on another pump and dump..it meen anything ..and no country  would ever aprove it legal ..so it would just make WC a trouble

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:49:19 AM

that anon is just for suckers who fill fall on another pump and dump..it meen anything ..and no country  would ever aprove it legal ..so it would just make WC a trouble

This is something that many have voiced, hence why the challenges with this topic =)

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:57:16 AM

anything happening in the last few days? come on dev team announce something worth getting excited over.

WOC - 36 million coins - you can only buy for WC ....10 WC = 1WOC (i prefer just whiteout really over whiteout coin)

6 million dev pot held in  public transparent wallets

all un purchased WOC coins also held in pubic transparet wallets.

Let's use the WC people pay with for the WOC coins for development and marketing. Same for the 6 million WOC pot.

These pots can be monitored with alerts so if the coins are moved with out community consultation the markets for wc and woc can be shut down.

Let's get on with it. WOC must be an amazing coin or don't even bother since it is not amazing in every way with a great anon whitepaper, sms wallets all the bells a whistles then it is not worth starting.
However if it looks great people will buy it and we will have the development funds to push out something amazing.

WOC with premine of 16,666%?
I really think someone is going to support you that?

Yes, because the pot will be public and used only for the projects and services for that coin as voted for by the whitecoin community. Would you invest in a company that had zero funding?
Premine = shit
instamine = super shit

premine with pubic wallet where coins can only be used by agreement of the community = ideal.

coins moved without notification to the community we want the exchanges closed down. We know who mogonzo is so i doubt he would be hard to find if he took millions of dollars from the community in the future.

You need to think through the stages step by step.

1. you will need to to buy or own WC to buy woc.

2. this will push the price of WC up.

3. You are essentially getting people to donate their WC to the foundation that they either own or buy.

4. this creates a development fund for the development of the features we want and new services and brings new blood into the community.

5. the new features of WOC can be if we want them to be implemented later into WC, the new services can be used for either coin or just one or the other.

Tell me precise negatives the companion coin can have?

It can turn out to be competition? well let me tell you there are 10 new coins coming each day that are competition and they have ZERO possible benefits for WC.

You want developments, features, services......... you need funding. If you don't nothing happens.

neoxxx

Activity: 351

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:27:43 PM

You want developments, features, services......... you need funding. If you don't nothing happens.

+1

.. just add, transparency and coordination!
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:22:10 PM

+1

.. just add, transparency and coordination!

New coin will kill this coin, especially right now when there are 200+ other crap coins. It's not rocket science. Put some investment back into what you invested in and grow the innovation. Unless this coin is dead (e.g. blockchain issues?) there is no reason for another coin. If the coin has no more growth, than yes another coin with dev funding and complete new start and hopefully you don't have a mass exit for people just going to another coin at that point. I think you need to think this over a little more. I am sure there are things like the "framework" that has been discussed.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:25:24 PM

that anon is just for suckers who fill fall on another pump and dump..it meen anything ..and no country  would ever aprove it legal ..so it would just make WC a trouble

This is something that many have voiced, hence why the challenges with this topic =)

Not many - I counted only five or six folks wanting this based on post. Maybe I am missing something, but you continue to state this over and over and it is simply not true as you have never provided any facts to back that statement up. You are trying your best to push this at any cost and frankly, it's getting a little old.

Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: