Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:38:48 PM

I know of the MintPal fiasco, then the devs decided to roll back (fork?) the blockchain...which some people dont like (it suggests they could do this in the future/bail out exchanges?)...but apart from that what else is going on?

Cheers

IMO the roll back was a huge setback to this coin, now given their options at the time... roll back vs double spends or worse. I think they chose the lessor of two evils.

But it brings up the question, could other devs for other coins roll back the block chain as well? This could be a HUGE trust issue when dealing with insidious devs.

Also it appears the wikipedia page for VRC has been deleted due to poor sources. It was done late last month, this could be corrected as soon as possible.

I'm not an expert in this field but from my basic understanding; yes another dev team could rollback a coin but it wouldn't have an effect unless 51% of the wallet clients also accepted the fork and moved to the new blockchain (as the VRC community did).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nyktalgia

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:39:58 PM

Man you guys bitch and moan alot about many irrelevant things.  You guys sure do like to argue and flex your e-penis.  There is a very SIMPLE solution.  Those of you who really believe in VRC, fucking buy more!  Build confidence in it again, and more people will start to buy in because they won't want to be left in the dust on the next wave.   If you want out, go ahead and sell us your cheap coins.  If I had more BTC (which I should but I pussed out on cloak) I would buy in at least 5BTC if I could.   I don't really see how it can be at least around .0005.   Not sure if this coin will ever reach higher than .001 because of the sheer quantity of coins (too many IMO).  

I know some of you that believe in this have plenty to chunk at it.  Hyping some new addition to software is pointless until it is actually implemented.   I'm honestly surprised somebody hasn't pumped it already.   There isn't that many sell orders getting in the way (at least on crypsty).   Anyways, if I had made better decisions this month i would have already thrown 10 BTC and just bought in until I couldn't anymore haha... Ez money IMO.  Can't really lose with buying in now, wish I had and why you should never listen to anybody but your own intuition.

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:35:03 PM

Man you guys bitch and moan alot about many irrelevant things.  You guys sure do like to argue and flex your e-penis.  There is a very SIMPLE solution.  Those of you who really believe in VRC, fucking buy more!  Build confidence in it again, and more people will start to buy in because they won't want to be left in the dust on the next wave.   If you want out, go ahead and sell us your cheap coins.  If I had more BTC (which I should but I pussed out on cloak) I would buy in at least 5BTC if I could.   I don't really see how it can be at least around .0005.   Not sure if this coin will ever reach higher than .001 because of the sheer quantity of coins (too many IMO).  

I know some of you that believe in this have plenty to chunk at it.  Hyping some new addition to software is pointless until it is actually implemented.   I'm honestly surprised somebody hasn't pumped it already.   There isn't that many sell orders getting in the way (at least on crypsty).   Anyways, if I had made better decisions this month i would have already thrown 10 BTC and just bought in until I couldn't anymore haha... Ez money IMO.  Can't really lose with buying in now, wish I had and why you should never listen to anybody but your own intuition.

Has any really been far even as decided to use even go want to do lock more like?
nyktalgia

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:43:27 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 09:57:55 PM by nyktalgia

^ feel bad for you lololol!   You should lay off the xanax bro.  Yet more pointless post from a conceited arrogant simpleton.  You sir are verigay. Hahaha.  You are that guy taking it in the ass in the Jim Carey picture Lolz!I

Quite obvious you don't want VRC to succeed.  You are too retarded to even make an intelligent response.  Just a fail fat troll who is mad because your ass is too fat that your bfs tiny dick can't penetrate your anal cunt.  Hope people like you end up getting hacked and lose your ass. You are just lucky you can hide behind your computer. Don't need worthless shitters like you.  Peace bitch.

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:37:03 PM

Has any really been far even as decided to use even go want to do lock more like?

Man...I laughed so hard at this response!

Everyone in the office is laughing at too....classic
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:04:00 PM

Hey hey hey I thought that while a bit abrasive it was a valid post, we do need to try and buy out the manipulators so that the price can return to a normal growth trend and attract even more investors

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:04:32 PM

Looks like an ibteresting coin! Love it

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:24:41 PM

Socal is LIVE Now on VRCRadio.com

socal

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

hey guys lets keep the positive flow going in here eh?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:59:58 PM

The sound quality is bad.
And what's up with this troll? "nyktalgia"
You want to dump your coin right?  It sounds more to me that you want to buy more or else I don't get why you are here and talk shit
nyktalgia

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:12:23 AM

You want to dump your coin right?  It sounds more to me that you want to buy more or else I don't get why you are here and talk shit

Has everyone drank too much cool-aid?  Am I the only one who is sane?  I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.     You are like a child wandering into a movie.... No frame of reference!   It's none of your fucking business what I do I was just trying to make a positive suggestion and maybe stir an intelligent conversation, but obviously that is impossible with feeble minded mentalities.  Keep proving my points but you are no less of a troll than anyone else.  I should know better than to expect a logical argument with most people(I refer to you as a droned zombie or sheeple) in this dwindling age filled with narcissism, greed, and mommy teatsuckers who can't even wipe their own arse.

I agree tho it sounds horrid, and I thought you would be talking about pertinent information, not playing shitty ass music.

CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:22:03 AM

BLA BLA BLA
Good point, look at your last posts and tell me you are trying to be positive. You know you have to be intelligent to have an intelligent conversation or at least act like it, right? Now go bang your head some more.
socal

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:25:46 AM

You want to dump your coin right?  It sounds more to me that you want to buy more or else I don't get why you are here and talk shit

yes this is a known issue because of the ghettofabulous setup that we have lol but we are working on getting it fixed

and nyktalgia as far as the "shitty ass music" goes some peoples taste in music is different, I do talk about pertinent information if you take the time to listen when I talk BETWEEN the songs, but I guess this is the thanks I get from you for trying to promote your ideas on here and calm the community, last time I try to help you. Ignore button pressed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:31:31 AM

You still mad mad.  It's okay keep crying about it cause your bleep is too small to fit in his fat bleep. Lol. Just realized that was your bf.  Its okay to laugh at how retarded he is but you might probably take the cake in that arena lolpilollilololol haha u are Milton in the office .

Your vulgarity is impeccable, what are you 11 years old ?

ROFL!  Yes I'm 11 and undeniably more intelligent and cunning than those quarter-witts.   Bahahahahahaha!
bahahahahahah do you realize how ignorant you sound ?
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:17:43 AM

Hey Socal,

First off wanted to say that was a nice job providing that updating roadmap for where we are as a coin.

Second, do you have any idea when the dev team will be doing their next live hangout? There have been so many ideas and suggestions and brainstorming being thrown around I would love to hear directly from the source what the state of the state is.

Also I'm curious to why the hard fork has created such a delay!!! in moving forward with all the other projects. I can understand the initial setback over the weekend and maybe a few days following but it seems odd that that is still being thrown out there as a reason for why things are taking longer than expected. Is there any explanation as to what happens days/weeks after the attack.

Even though I'm asking you, if a dev wants to jump on and answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it. I'm only asking you because I know you're well connected  Wink
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:24:24 AM

Hey Socal,

First off wanted to say that was a nice job providing that updating roadmap for where we are as a coin.

Second, do you have any idea when the dev team will be doing their next live hangout? There have been so many ideas and suggestions and brainstorming being thrown around I would love to hear directly from the source what the state of the state is.

Also I'm curious to why the hard fork has created such a delay!!! in moving forward with all the other projects. I can understand the initial setback over the weekend and maybe a few days following but it seems odd that that is still being thrown out there as a reason for why things are taking longer than expected. Is there any explanation as to what happens days/weeks after the attack.

Even though I'm asking you, if a dev wants to jump on and answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it. I'm only asking you because I know you're well connected  Wink

I think all the complaints about the devs not making deadlines just led them to work with ninja launch's, I am sure when we hear something it will no longer have a date but it will be here when announced. Just a guess Wink
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:49:50 AM

Hey Socal,

Even though I'm asking you, if a dev wants to jump on and answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it. I'm only asking you because I know you're well connected  Wink

I think all the complaints about the devs not making deadlines just led them to work with ninja launch's, I am sure when we hear something it will no longer have a date but it will be here when announced. Just a guess Wink

Yeah, that seems to be the direction they are going. Not that it's a bad call - but a big part of the reason I enjoyed this team so much was due to the transparency they used to provide. Since the whole MP hack I haven't had a clue what is really going on =/ other than rumors and speculation.

One of the hardest parts of being a dev is setting a date and then following-up with your word. Knowing these guys have "real lives" outside of crypto on top of the fact they are no longer setting public deadlines seems to be the prefect storm for not getting projects done.

I'm not trying to spread FUD (well maybe a little Shocked) but that's just my thought
socal

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:15:37 AM

As far as I know the biggest setbacks were not really related to the actual rollback itself, but all the secondary issues that arose BECAUSE of the rollback, the actual implementation took a day or two but then several days to get all the exchanges up and running on the new fork and then a week or so of providing community support to everyone then add on the fact that (while granted MUCH less now than when it first happened) all the media relations they had to do because of the rollback. As far as I can tell something with the rollback caused the wallet to go screwy cause it seems to me 1.3.2 was solid and stable for everyone but then starting with 1.3.3 we seem to have gotten a bit shaky I could be completely wrong thats just my opinion. Add to that everything else that has happened (the work stops because of legal issues with Fiat integration, Pat recently experiencing a loss in his family, Dave moving, etc) and it's just all come together to push the Devs further behind schedule then they had anticipated, which is why they no longer release hard Deadlines because the last time they did Doug missed it by a few hrs and trolls came out of the woodwork screaming about VRC being a scam, the Devs dumping and running, and all sorts of other nonsense like that, so they will no longer be giving hard dates to prevent FUD storms like that from happening.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
nyktalgia

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:18:49 AM

Haha don't need anyone's help.  It's apparent there are just a few nuthuggin trolls that loiter on this thread.  Could give a Fuck about what you think or how you perceive me.  You bring the negativity on yourselves with your shitty attitude.   I thought you nerds had me ignored already, but you are too much of a coward and a child to do so.   I thought maybe there would be some other people with better attitudes but its just the same old shit for brains.  I'm glad I didn't make as much money as I should this month knowing I would have helped you fucking douche bags.  Cant wait to get out and watch you squirm til the inevitable demise of VRC.

I realize music is subjective so why do you get offended if I say its shitty?  I'm pretty sure what you were playing is shitty by irrefutable proof though.... 

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:25:21 AM

As far as I know the biggest setbacks were not really related to the actual rollback itself, but all the secondary issues that arose BECAUSE of the rollback, the actual implementation took a day or two but then several days to get all the exchanges up and running on the new fork and then a week or so of providing community support to everyone then add on the fact that (while granted MUCH less now than when it first happened) all the media relations they had to do because of the rollback. As far as I can tell something with the rollback caused the wallet to go screwy cause it seems to me 1.3.2 was solid and stable for everyone but then starting with 1.3.3 we seem to have gotten a bit shaky I could be completely wrong thats just my opinion. Add to that everything else that has happened (the work stops because of legal issues with Fiat integration, Pat recently experiencing a loss in his family, Dave moving, etc) and it's just all come together to push the Devs further behind schedule then they had anticipated, which is why they no longer release hard Deadlines because the last time they did Doug missed it by a few hrs and trolls came out of the woodwork screaming about VRC being a scam, the Devs dumping and running, and all sorts of other nonsense like that, so they will no longer be giving hard dates to prevent FUD storms like that from happening.

That was extremely informative, so thank you for taking the time to write that.

I can 100% understand the decision to no longer make public declarations as to when certain projects will get done, it's kind of a bummer for those who follow the coins closely enough to not know when something will be done. But yeah, it probably does more damage than good in the big scheme of things.

God damn that MP hack...  

Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: