Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:54:00 PM

Does anyone else attend local bitcoin meetup.com groups? Personally I think if we can all do our parts and represent VRC within our geographical areas (like Reavon is doing) we can slowly spread the word.

Unfortunately the way things have played out recently I have not had the chance to make it a meeting in the last couple of months. Every time there has been a meeting I've had other activities come up. But our city's group has grown to quite a few members - to the point where we can have 50-60 people show up in 1 evening. I was able to meet with a few members of our group this week and to no surprise (well maybe a little surprise) few had still heard of Vericoin.

I'm excited to get to our next meetup, unfortunately once again our next meetup group is on a night when I cannot meet. But in the mean time I'm using the channel's meetup page to try and spread the word about VRC. I highly suggest other VRC supporters do the same Smiley

Sounds like a great idea...just joined my local Bitcoin and Crypto Currency group in my city 200 members. Will be spreading the word about VRC at the next meetup on Friday.

Yeah and I just added an "Alt-Coin" meetup within our bitcoin meetup group on for the first week of September. I know a lot of people in my group are fans of alts so I titled the meeting "a night when we can each come and share our favorite alt coins, educate one another on what projects/accomplishments our favorite coins are doing/working on and share ideas - I personally will be representing Vericoin". I'll have a few other friends of mine there too to rep VRC  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:54:34 PM

I have managed to get a seat at the Bitcoin conference in Germany Collogne on the 2nd september.
Many important people from netherlands and germany who are involved in crypto will be there and i will represent VeriCoin there as professional as i can. I will make pictures , connecting with people , demonstrate them the fast transactions with the mobile wallets and give away up to 600 vericoins. Set up for those who are interested mobile wallets. Give them buisnesscards and much more.

I hope until then more and more features will be add, so i can use it for argueing for vericoin.

I am actualy veri excited to be thaaat deep in crypto already i definitly wanna run a cryptobuisness one day.
Can you show a vericoin address? I want to participate in the donations.  Smiley
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:53:31 PM

I have managed to get a seat at the Bitcoin conference in Germany Collogne on the 2nd september.
Many important people from netherlands and germany who are involved in crypto will be there and i will represent VeriCoin there as professional as i can. I will make pictures , connecting with people , demonstrate them the fast transactions with the mobile wallets and give away up to 600 vericoins. Set up for those who are interested mobile wallets. Give them buisnesscards and much more.

I hope until then more and more features will be add, so i can use it for argueing for vericoin.

I am actualy veri excited to be thaaat deep in crypto already i definitly wanna run a cryptobuisness one day.
Can you show a vericoin address? I want to participate in the donations.  Smiley

Thank you Smiley. My VRC adress for donations is in the signature.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:00:03 PM

Why does the price drop every single day ? is there any good news to pump the price up ? I bought my stash at 20k and it seems I have lost 50% of my capital

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:41:16 PM

Why does the price drop every single day ? is there any good news to pump the price up ? I bought my stash at 20k and it seems I have lost 50% of my capital

There's constantly good news problem is the lack of liquidity in the market in general and people chasing the P&D coins but with our devs constantly working and coming out with new features there's no way that long term our price will remain so low

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:52:41 AM

There's constantly good news problem is the lack of liquidity in the market in general and people chasing the P&D coins but with our devs constantly working and coming out with new features there's no way that long term our price will remain so low

Continue to hold and wait for the explosion instead of wasting your time with P&D scams.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:55:43 AM

Don't listen the cheerleaders, the Wizrig funboys have been perfectly comfortable with the scammer Wizrig & Co's pump and dump and as you can see they don't care that you have lost your money, even they continue pressing the same irrational hype about their imaginary price rise. Why would the price rise if a) the current features like Veribit, Verisend, FIAT don't excite the market at all, b) there is no improvements terms of features?

You lost 50% of your investment because there are no good news, a web site and road map simply don't matter when other coins are improving rapidly. There is enough money on the market (if you check the order book you will see that 30 BTC would double the price), so the liquidity argument is nonsense, the money just goes to better projects like Ethereum and Viacoin. No one can questions the devs' integrity, they are honest, nice guys, but you see, yesterday Galix, Barrabas and others had many great posts/suggestions/inputs about possible development directions, but no one from the three devs could find 5 minutes to put a short reply never mind to get into the technical details to provide a short feedback. This elitist attitude from devs actually not new, they have time to chat on IRC with the cheerleaders but no time to talk about development ideas and issues with the bag holders. Investors who consider to put money into vericoin can see this and I am not sure they like what they see. In the meantime, if you go to the Ethereum forum you have a very good chance that Vitalik Buterin or Gavin Wood will answer your questions. No one expect the devs sit here all day and chat, but when the community is having such long talk about development ideas like it was yesterday at least some feedback would be nice.

Prepare for more loss if things don't change around vericoin.
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 12:56:12 AM

If you're looking to sell, yeah, the price isn't great. However, if you're looking to accumulate, then the price is great.

There's been a lot of good reasons listed so far on why someone should invest in VRC. I'd like to add another one.  

When autumn rolls around and Bitcoin increases visibility on Wall Street and large investors come back to the alt. market looking to invest, they're going to have specific criteria.  One criteria item will be highly visible, public devs and not ones hiding behind screen names.  When they see that in VRC, then their more likely to look at the rest and be very impressed.

Just be patient. We might have at least a few months before we see big positive price moves regardless.  Our main goal for now is to do whatever we can to help the devs get those features done so that in a few months when big money comes looking, we have a great product and great community to show them.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:02:40 AM

Great coin, great community, great development team. VeriCoin is the best investment opportunity right now.

Wow, a lot's changed for you in 1 month, eh?  For those of use newer to the forum, would you mind stating one of the good ideas that the devs are ignoring.  Maybe pick the best one and restate it.  It'd be really cool if you could do it without all the rude and condescending language that you seem to enjoy typing so much.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:11:55 AM

Great coin, great community, great development team. VeriCoin is the best investment opportunity right now.

Wow, a lot's changed for you in 1 month, eh?  For those of use newer to the forum, would you mind stating one of the good ideas that the devs are ignoring.  Maybe pick the best one and restate it.  It'd be really cool if you could do it without all the rude and condescending language that you seem to enjoy typing so much.

Read back a few pages please and you will see Galix's suggestion and the lot of talks regarding to possible development directions.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

Does anyone know what payment processor VeriSMS uses?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:16:35 AM

Wow, a lot's changed for you in 1 month, eh?  For those of use newer to the forum, would you mind stating one of the good ideas that the devs are ignoring.  Maybe pick the best one and restate it.  It'd be really cool if you could do it without all the rude and condescending language that you seem to enjoy typing so much.

Nothing really changed, I said here yesterday that this is still one of the best coins, I always say the devs are great, nice, honest guys, nothing wrong with the community except the Wizrig associate hype making cheerleaders do nothing good for the coin.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:32:45 AM

If you are correct and VeriCoin makes it to the 3rd spot, and reaches a market cap of $56,000,000, we would be looking at 350,000 satoshis.

Honestly, with the fiat to VRC and credit card to VRC, this seems small. The focus of these updates is to take VRC mainstream. When we've gone mainstream, VRC could likely exceed $56,000,000 market cap and probably start to approach half a billion. This would place us in the 1 to 3 million satoshi range. When VRC starts rising up the charts news sites, blogs, and twitter accounts will start sharing. We may even get another CoinDesk article up. There may be a correction, but a small one. Dumps become weaker and weaker as news sites pick up on VRC.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry. I had to bring this up. I remember laughing like a hyena when i first read it. I hope VRC will bounce back though.

Yeah, that guy was epic LoL I remember he was here every day when the price was rising from 15K to 50K (I bought a lot at the time around 17K) and he was making this ridiculous hype in his formal wear suit and tie avatar. Actually he was smart, probably he was dumping his vericoin while posting those ridiculous posts. But that guy is still a scammer like WizRig & Co and his supportive IRC buddies.

Since then vocal supporters and cheerleaders are still making ridiculous claims here every day about the great features that are apparently coming (and when you check the details you will see nothing relevant is coming), the most loud one is shouting like a laughing hyena that "I want you hold your vericoin" and when you ask a question why would I do that he says because VerciCoin will be big, but he can't back that prediction with any rational argument. So not a lot changed since the suit avatar guy here - very capable and honest developers and ridiculous cheerleaders.

Crindon is part of the "XC community" as per his latest posts. That guy was a Hype man. He sent a few bucks to the devs as his forum posts suggested. "I want you to buy food with it, its for you" blah blah blah, something like that. He made a lot of money, enough to throw a few hundred at the developers and make it sound like he was changing their lives. That guy is a joke, only thing he wants is a dollar, he could care less who he tramples on to get it.

A lot of people are working on projects behind the scenes. I gave up on trying to reason with people here. Just finished up setting up some OC'd S3's to start accumulating at these prices, while I work to build content for VeriCoin related business / websites.

Yeah, that Crindon guy with the suit avatar was exceptional :-))
I know you have been trying your best to help for this project and I think you helped a lot.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:43:52 AM

Nothing really changed, I said here yesterday that this is still one of the best coins, I always say the devs are great, nice, honest guys, nothing wrong with the community except the Wizrig associate hype making cheerleaders do nothing good for the coin.

I think we all have gotten tired of Joels hype. He has not done anything for our coin and lately I see him promoting other coins. I am pretty sure he is not attending or participating in meetings etc. because he know the rage he would get from us. I am one of the people that defended him because I wanted to give him a chance. He promised promised promised with his rolodex of golden phone numbers, singers, entertainment industry, BIG PEOPLE. The moment I first saw him I am pretty sure we all came to the conclusion that this guy is riding the white pony. I am one of VRC's biggest backers and am happy he is no longer here. So lets not talk about him again, unless he actually decides to do all the things he said he would the first 10 hours he spoke in the google live chat.

Moving on.... I do not think they are ignoring the good ideas, blockchain 2.0 is a great idea, decentralized exchange is a great idea. other ideas like usernames, anonymous chat, anonymous videos, upgraded wallet, website, etc are all little things compared to decentralizing the exchange. I live in New York and Ben Lawsky is about to fuck us big time by putting regulations in place for bitcoin that once again favor the corporations already in place that have money and fuck us little people who cannot pay for permits, fines, etc due to the regulations. They will clamp down on the exchanges..... Decentralize exchanges needs to come quicker then the speed of sound at this point. This is what all coins should be working on in my opinion. Hope that anwsers your question.

As far as what this coin has is.. Transparent developers which is very risky for them to come out in the open due to crazys out there that may backlash, this shows they are genuine unlike most coin devs. The Devs are very intelligent in the this field and have whole hearted interest in creating a great coin. We have a great community that have many developers in it including myself. Vericoinish.com was done in my spare time.  The coin was rated by and economist as one of the most economically sound coins.  PoS which allows everyone to be a miner by leaving their wallet open,( I always hated the fact that 1 rich guy can afford a billion miners and rape any coin they wanted.). Thats just my 2 cents, if you have any question definitely go to VRC irc channel and you can get answers on the spot and many times directly from the devs.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:54:13 AM

just checking in on the good folds in the VRC community how are things going. Has there been any thing i missed have not been in here for like 6-7 days but i dont want to read 31 pages lol.  Smiley

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:24:45 AM

Decentralize exchanges needs to come quicker then the speed of sound at this point. This is what all coins should be working on in my opinion.

You are absolutely right, the devs should focus on that.

I didn't think the devs ignore the community's input. I understood and remember they said on the hangout that they monitor the thread - they just don't have time to reply. That's fine, no one expect the devs permanent presence here. However, when such an intense discussion is on the thread like it was yesterday about the blockchain 2, Galix and others had concrete suggestions on the subject, plus other coins push very hard the technology, plus the money is clearly flowing to blockchain 2 related coins, then I think it would be very necessary that the devs would put a 5 minutes effort into the process and at least say something about the topic, so the community and potential investors would understand what will be the vericoin blockchain 2 strategy.
I think it is very important for potential investors to understand at least in principle the process and directions. For example I understood what Viacoin is aim to achieve with their blockchain 2 ClearingHouse, it seems it will be based on CounterParty, it is a very high level info, but it was good enough for me to get some Viacoin and right now I have more viacoin then vericoin (and I still have quite a lot vericoin but it is a different issue). Other people with money did the same, based on the very high level information bought into Viacoin. And we invested in the same way into Ethereum, except that I know Buterin and Gavin Wood and about their work for long, but most of the investors just invested based on a high level info. There is no word from the vericoin devs regarding what's the idea/direction about blockchain 2 never mind design or implementation details.  

Thanks for pointing out I should go to IRC and ask questions about the subject, but I think the devs should come here and instead of sharing some info with me on IRC they should share the info here with everyone. The blockchain 2 related info from the devs could be important for others as well, mainly for potential investors, so I believe that info should be here in this repository.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:47:28 AM

VRCRadio.com is off the air due to technical difficulties. We will make every effort to be up and running for our LIVE! broadcast tomorrow Friday August 8th @ 10 AM EST
tazmania

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:54:08 AM

Good posts. It does seem VRC is doing things the hard way. Making flashy things that need to be marketed hard and to the right people.

Instead they should be focusing on things that will attract people with little marketing. Although doing that is much harder. Like blockchain 2.0. Which a lot of coins are doing and a few are doing very seriously. Of course the first coins to do it will get the most money and then the coins that are late to the party won't get much attention. It is almost too late unless you are already started. By the end of the year there should be a few coins on top coinmarketcap.com that are blockchain 2.0 while all the other coins start falling as people move on.

aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:43:58 AM

I think we all have gotten tired of Joels hype. He has not done anything for our coin and lately I see him promoting other coins. I am pretty sure he is not attending or participating in meetings etc. because he know the rage he would get from us. I am one of the people that defended him because I wanted to give him a chance. He promised promised promised with his rolodex of golden phone numbers, singers, entertainment industry, BIG PEOPLE. The moment I first saw him I am pretty sure we all came to the conclusion that this guy is riding the white pony. I am one of VRC's biggest backers and am happy he is no longer here. So lets not talk about him again, unless he actually decides to do all the things he said he would the first 10 hours he spoke in the google live chat.

Moving on.... I do not think they are ignoring the good ideas, blockchain 2.0 is a great idea, decentralized exchange is a great idea. other ideas like usernames, anonymous chat, anonymous videos, upgraded wallet, website, etc are all little things compared to decentralizing the exchange. I live in New York and Ben Lawsky is about to fuck us big time by putting regulations in place for bitcoin that once again favor the corporations already in place that have money and fuck us little people who cannot pay for permits, fines, etc due to the regulations. They will clamp down on the exchanges..... Decentralize exchanges needs to come quicker then the speed of sound at this point. This is what all coins should be working on in my opinion. Hope that anwsers your question.

As far as what this coin has is.. Transparent developers which is very risky for them to come out in the open due to crazys out there that may backlash, this shows they are genuine unlike most coin devs. The Devs are very intelligent in the this field and have whole hearted interest in creating a great coin. We have a great community that have many developers in it including myself. Vericoinish.com was done in my spare time.  The coin was rated by and economist as one of the most economically sound coins.  PoS which allows everyone to be a miner by leaving their wallet open,( I always hated the fact that 1 rich guy can afford a billion miners and rape any coin they wanted.). Thats just my 2 cents, if you have any question definitely go to VRC irc channel and you can get answers on the spot and many times directly from the devs.

+1 decentralised exchange priority.  Smiley
InvestorPerson

Activity: 316

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:13:00 AM

When autumn rolls around and Bitcoin increases visibility on Wall Street and large investors come back to the alt. market looking to invest, they're going to have specific criteria.  One criteria item will be highly visible, public devs and not ones hiding behind screen names.

oh nice, so even more money into ethereum Grin

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
Pages: « 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: