Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 [728] 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:56:27 PM

Xosihc nice job bud, hope my 1000 VRC makes someone happy Cool

Anyway we could have someone do a video of the event? I know you are already doing a lot but that would be an awesome PR moment!

Hey, I can't say enough about how much your donation (and everyone's) has helped make this event possible. Without everyone's support we'd just be 2 guys standing around talking about digital currencies. Thanks to the community we now have: business cards, t-shirts, flyers, Vericoin - it's really awesome!

I am working on finding a film crew that would be willing to come and invest some of their time/energy for next to nothing =p If we can't get a professional video crew - we'll go guerrilla on the situation and just use smartphone or something.

I'll keep everyone posted as we approach the event.  

IMO,

The most impressions you will get respresenting VeriCoin will be people walking by. The only chance to see what vericoin is about might be for a quick glimpse, don't let it be boring. Keep the area busy! Call your friends, have people you know stop by, keep the area lively, have fun people around you, don't be to serious. But don't be a clown either. Music makes your area seem energetic. A lot of fair booths use music to keep the energy level up.

The best thing you, and the team respresenting vericoin can do is get energetic.. Find some energy that you can harness and get absolutely excited about the entire day. As much as you may be tired in that 4th or 5th hour, push through, always be busy. NEVER LOOK BOARD! Talk to anyone, and everyone. If you have merchandise to give away, get out to the fair early and tell people where you will be all day and prep the crowd with cards. Go to the beer tents and find a cute girl and give her a nice tip, and I mean like 50 bucks, this could be in vericoin, or straight cash homey. make an impression on her, and get them to be your best asset leading up to the time your booth is ready. Try to find a tent close to you, or an area close to you and get the crowd ready for your time slot.

Go and place the VeriCoin Cards earlier in that day in places that allow you to. You are representing the brand so try not to stick them near areas people associate with bad things, like the toilets Smiley Do well brother. GL

Hey Buy4Crypto,

I appreciate the advice and i do agree with 100% of it. Fortunately I do promotional marketing work for my 'B' job all the time. I'm used to being at large events engaging with massive crowds all day long. NFL/MLB/Concerts etc etc. Haha I can guarantee you I won't get burned out in a 5 hour shift. I recently did a 5 day, 12 hour/day stint while the MLB All Star game was in town and that was on top of me also being at my real job for 3 of those 5 days Cheesy.  I completely agree - always been high energy - always be talking to somebody - always be 'on'. We're going to try to keep a good balance of quantity vs. quality. While we only have the booth for 5 hours - we'll be at the fair the entire morning/day/evening. =)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:59:03 PM

Which one is the better investment Crypti or Vericoin? I like both coins, but the Crypti community predicts skyrocketing Crypti performance and stagnation for vericoin. What you guys think about vericoin price for the next 2-3 months? Would you invest 10 BTC in vericoin right now or better to wait for the floor?
I like the direction of the coin. I bought 6 btc when it was around 25k once I really looked at the coin. I have slowly been buying since. The devs transparency and honesty helps the coin in the long run but also hurt the coin in the short run. Like warr1979 said it was gearing up for a good hard run but Mintpal.....

The thing about crypto is time moves different. A week is like a month. A month is like 3-4 months. Good things will happen and the Mintpal crap will be forgotten soon. Another thing about crypto is what doesn't kill a coin only makes it stronger. Enough believe in the coin to keep it strong. I am sure the devs are in it for the long haul. Keep a coin strong and fresh and like a tree it will grow.

I am not telling you to invest. I don't give investment advice. I pushed the buy button and I life with the consequences whether good or bad. I either blame myself or pat myself in the back.
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:08:20 PM

Which one is the better investment Crypti or Vericoin? I like both coins, but the Crypti community predicts skyrocketing Crypti performance and stagnation for vericoin. What you guys think about vericoin price for the next 2-3 months? Would you invest 10 BTC in vericoin right now or better to wait for the floor?

Just my 2 cents on the situation...

1st - From a technical point of view the current support ("bottom" if you will) is around 6500 stat. That was the previous low before any recent pumps (in late June or early July... whenever that was). So if you want to wait for the low perhaps you can test to see whether it can touch 6500 or even break it. If it breaks 6500 then it will be a true free for all (in my opinion) on how low we can go. So if you agree on that take we are fairly close to the bottom. It might be worth entering a position now, adding some orders lower and then seeing where it can go from there.

2nd take - since we've been in a down trend for quite some time and have had a difficult time breaking what used to be 20k, now 15k - you can wait and put a mental stop order at 15k and wait to see if we ever do break it. You won't time the bottom this way, but by doing this you will protect yourself from buying on a downtrend aka trying to catch a falling knife.

3rd take - what I would suggest: do a dollar cost average and just say I'm going to buy 1 (or 2) BTC worth of Vericoin every week for the next 5-10 weeks. No you won't time the bottom this way but it's a more conservative way to enter in a position. You'll catch some highs and some lows within the greater trend. If you are really confident in holding the position you might as well enter in slowly but surely.

Now whether or not to buy Vericoin vs. Crypti? Well I don't know enough about Crypti to provide any advice on it. Personally I would suggest diversifying your holdings so it would probably be best to buy a little of both, over time - if you believe in the projects.

Best of luck!
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:35:52 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 11:50:06 PM by souljah1h

You should do your own research. Cant trust no-body on this forum, and don't let them get in your head!

Also did you guys see that (tweet) Moolah/Mintpal is getting a overhaul with FIAT trading etc? Should be released soon.

Moolah @moolah_io  ·  Aug 26
The new MintPal will blow existing trade platforms out of the water. Coming very, very shortly.

Moolah @moolah_io  ·  Aug 26
Yes. This rebuild will introduce FIAT markets to MintPal. Local banking et al in place.

Also heard they are releasing a desktop version, might be a step in the right direction.

_@/'
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:51:37 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 12:59:26 AM by amesterdamer

Would you like to print this A4 Flyer? Download here the Hi-Quality image (300dpi)
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:10:58 AM

Would you like to print this A4 Flyer? Download here the Hi-Quality image (300dpi)
Thanks i will be printing a few, a spread them in my town and school. Do you have a VRC Address, so i cant donate a few

_@/'
amesterdamer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

You have to take into account that this flyer was made for a particular promo where the stand will be giving some VRC to the people that pass along the Minnesota State Fair. So that last "we'll fill it up with some VeriCoin" doesn't make much sense. I can make a quick version without that last text and that would make it more useful.
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:54:22 AM

You have to take into account that this flyer was made for a particular promo where the stand will be giving some VRC to the people that pass along the Minnesota State Fair. So that last "we'll fill it up with some VeriCoin" doesn't make much sense. I can make a quick version without that last text and that would make it more useful.

download link not working
amesterdamer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:57:33 AM

Here is a version that can be printed and shared:

Download HERE: Final-Poster-LetterSize-CMYK-300ppi-print-CLEAN-Version.jpg
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

I like the direction of the coin. I bought 6 btc when it was around 25k once I really looked at the coin. I have slowly been buying since. The devs transparency and honesty helps the coin in the long run but also hurt the coin in the short run. Like warr1979 said it was gearing up for a good hard run but Mintpal.....

The thing about crypto is time moves different. A week is like a month. A month is like 3-4 months. Good things will happen and the Mintpal crap will be forgotten soon. Another thing about crypto is what doesn't kill a coin only makes it stronger. Enough believe in the coin to keep it strong. I am sure the devs are in it for the long haul. Keep a coin strong and fresh and like a tree it will grow.

I am not telling you to invest. I don't give investment advice. I pushed the buy button and I life with the consequences whether good or bad. I either blame myself or pat myself in the back.

I don't think you are saying what warr1979 is saying (not that it would make much of a difference because both things are exercises in absurdity, but just to clarify things). If I have understood correctly -and I know I have- he blames the Mintpal "affair" for having DELAYED the otherwise plentiful slew and magnificent releases by our dynamic dev team...

You, on the other hand, seem to point to the MP "affair" as the cause of the derailment IN PRICE of the coin, that was "gearing up for a good hard run..." instead. Just to make things perfectly clear, when VRC stopped trading because of the "affair", it was in the 37k level, having been recently above 43k and just days before touching 58k. When trading resumed, VRC traded for quite a few days in the 34-32 region. Subsequently, a very, very, very slow downside spiral started, without any rebound. In no way, shape or form it can be made related to the MP "affair". As a matter of fact, the fall from the low 30s mirrored that of many other similar coins, particularly BlackCoin -that still mirrors in price behavior- and NAUT.

So very wrong on both counts. The MintPal "affair" did not delay anything at all, not even the vacations of the dev team, and in no way was, even remotely, the cause of the monumental sell-off.

Just keeping the record straight.

You can like "the direction the coin is going" just like you may like the color purple. You are just another bagholder who tries to convince himself it's oke to remain invested in it, but this coin is going in NO DIRECTION WHATSOEVER, none atm.

And hasn't been since launch, by the way.
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 01:36:36 AM

So very wrong on both counts. The MintPal "affair" did not delay anything at all, not even the vacations of the dev team, and i.

You can like "the direction the coin is going" just like you may like the color purple. You are just another bagholder who tries to convince himself it's oke to remain invested in it, but this coin is going in NO DIRECTION WHATSOEVER, none atm.

Why is it that you invested in this coin (not much, i have seen you somewhere posting)? What things in VRC did attract you? And what didnt you like?

_@/'
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:58:31 AM

So very wrong on both counts. The MintPal "affair" did not delay anything at all, not even the vacations of the dev team, and i.

Why is it that you invested in this coin (not much, i have seen you somewhere posting)? What things in VRC did attract you? And what didnt you like?

I have posted a thousand times already the reasons, you simply don't want to remember. Here it goes again: This coin set a new standard in honesty and transparency and, for that, I wanted to be a part of it.

What didn't I like? Everything else that came after the launch: The baseless and completely stupid arrogance of Nosker, mainly but not only. The absolute lack of direction. The total lack of simple knowledge to code something of any significance... but more than anything else, the lack of action. On ANY direction with even a remote sense of PURPOSE.

You made me repeat it, I didn't think is was needed...

Now, I have finally understood the situation: The devs played their cards. They launched Vericoin. The three of them figured on dedicating maybe about 8 hours per week, each, to the coin and, most of that time, to do basically hangouts, tweets and any censored channel with the entire consensus of the cheerleading contingent. A project of the dimensions that Vericoin has gotten to, cannot be run like that. It is quite the full time job... and then something. And these three, as they have stated, have families, careers and school to do. Lots of it. Vericoin is a side show for them, nothing else. Oh they would like it to be successful and they are willing to invest more than double, at least for now, the time they planned in dedicating to it. For now. Holidays and all. But from here on, it is whatever anyone, away from the devs, makes of Vericoin or the project is going to end up in the gutter. The dev team lacks the skills AND the time, that salvaging Vericoin would require. As simple as that.

Complicating matters to extreme, they have monumental egos, reason why they won't just let others take charge. Or, simply, follow their lead.
And that's why we are where we are and we will be where we will be in the near future.

I certainly hope not to have to repeat any of this any more...
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:23:28 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 03:58:26 AM by souljah1h

I have posted a thousand times already the reasons, you simply don't want to remember. Here it goes again: This coin set a new standard in honesty and transparency and, for that, I wanted to be a part of it.

What didn't I like? Everything else that came after the launch: The baseless and completely stupid arrogance of Nosker, mainly but not only. The absolute lack of direction. The total lack of simple knowledge to code something of any significance... but more than anything else, the lack of action. On ANY direction with even a remote sense of PURPOSE.

You made me repeat it, I didn't think is was needed...

Now, I have finally understood the situation: The devs played their cards. They launched Vericoin. The three of them figured on dedicating maybe about 8 hours per week, each, to the coin and, most of that time, to do basically hangouts, tweets and any censored channel with the entire consensus of the cheerleading contingent. A project of the dimensions that Vericoin has gotten to, cannot be run like that. It is quite the full time job... and then something. And these three, as they have stated, have families, careers and school to do. Lots of it. Vericoin is a side show for them, nothing else. Oh they would like it to be successful and they are willing to invest more than double, at least for now, the time they planned in dedicating to it. For now. Holidays and all. But from here on, it is whatever anyone, away from the devs, makes of Vericoin or the project is going to end up in the gutter. The dev team lacks the skills AND the time, that salvaging Vericoin would require. As simple as that.

Complicating matters to extreme, they have monumental egos, reason why they won't just let others take charge. Or, simply, follow their lead.
And that's why we are where we are and we will be where we will be in the near future.

I certainly hope not to have to repeat any of this any more...
Thanks for your 'statement'. I really needed a review of your thoughts. I agree with your post, after POW period 3 things where released veri quick. VeriBIT, VeriSEND and VeriSMS after deployment of these features there was a roadmap. The roadmap shows Updated GUI Wallet, which still isnt released. And not alot of info since then. Since price went down, the devs are 'silent' or not in touch with the community anymore. We need to RESYNC and come together, maybe expand the DEV team, with an open position, someone who takes care for the community daily (for free).

Same thing with build in buy feature for the wallet, when is the update going to be released? Vericard in combination with the buy vericoin in the wallet, should be a killer combo. We need to close the ecosystem, with closing i mean should have paid attention to all points ever made in this thread and tie all loose ends

Instead of speaking, doing something.

Speaking of, I have build a staking device for my VRC and other coins, it draws max 2-5 watt with linux installed(ubuntu). Is anyone interested in buying some sort of device? I could make a custom VRC case staking 'pc'. It has a quadcore 1.6Ghz, 2GB ram, 16 GB hdd, WiFi & bluetooth etc

I can make a custom design with VRC logo etc when my laser engraver arrives. I can also integrate, arcade buttons, arcade stick, touchscreen, keyboard etc to build different versions (staking device with MAME installed and arcade buttons & stick is the shit)

Costs are not 'veri high' i estimate about 79-85 dollar for a 'clean' quadcore version without screen (you can attach your own monitor with HDMI)
For a dualcore system about 60-70 dollar

Since it draws almost no power, and is small (about the size of a floppy 1.44) I hope it encourages people to stake!

_@/'
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:36:18 AM

@Patrick Nosker:

Once again, I implore you to get off these boards. Get off Twitter. And Reddit. And IRC. As a matter of fact, get a medium-sized hammer and smash all your phones. Use only -and as sparingly as you possibly can- hard line phones. Please.

Every single time that you open your mouth, every single one, bar none, what comes out is inappropriate, unnecessary, arrogant, utterly stupid and detrimental to the price and progress of Vericoin. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING  TIME. Enough! Stop it! You are 100 times more toxic to VRC than your pal socal is.

You want proof? Just track the price's behavior after you make "an appearance"... sHEEEESH!!!

The Bizarre Spectacle that is Barabbas.

Barabbas, it seems to me that almost every time pnosker makes an appearance, you come out of the wood-work not much later and post a rant full of adolescent rage, self righteous indignation, or some other ridiculous behavior. Has it ever occurred to you that the price behavior that you mention above could be related to... YOU?
Barabbas just doesn't get it! His arrogance is beyond extreme now..its actually hurting vrc... then he blames the price on the devs.. or the cheerleaders .. no matter the reason is , its a combination of things and barabbas is a big reason.. period.

your invested in this coin and this is how you act in the place where ppl come to learn about vrc or keep up with vrc...all they see is your ranting and trashing the devs... you can't be that smart to do this while your invested.. now you see no one cares about your opinions anymore not cause they are ridiculous but purely cause of the way you speak... SO ..if you've come to the conclusion that vrc is gonna die and the devs are shit and this and that...why do u continue to hold your investment? i told you that if u have too much to dump at the current price i will buy them all off you for the price its at right now... all of them. we both know if you have too much it'll take you awhile to dump without getting less than current value.. so ill do you that favour and take every last vrc u have at this price...

what do u think barabbas?
BARABBAS this is the second time i ask you...can u please answer my question...
BARABBAS all you do is post negative comments ,trying to prove your smarter than everyone and that everyone who supports vericoin is dumb ,yet you say you are invested....

answer my post... i will buy all your coins! thats an offer that u should be dying for!?!?! yet...u ignore....lololololol

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:23:36 AM

Everytime Bareass posts all I can think of is.....

xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:31:10 AM

@souljah1h - I would be interested in seeing your staking device.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:33:12 AM

I as well...
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:46:05 AM

Everytime Bareass posts all I can think of is.....

LoL. So true. why not cut your loses and run?
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:29:17 AM

I as well...
I will post some screenshots/pictures later this day/tonight.

_@/'
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:45:49 AM

I as well...
I will post some screenshots/pictures later this day/tonight.

Good job! I have compiled the source for ARM core to stake using Raspberry PI and BeagleBone Black which cost only £25. Though your solution looks good too.
Pages: « 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 [728] 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: