Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:58:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:12:11 AM

Which one is the better investment Crypti or Vericoin? I like both coins, but the Crypti community predicts skyrocketing Crypti performance and stagnation for vericoin. What you guys think about vericoin price for the next 2-3 months? Would you invest 10 BTC in vericoin right now or better to wait for the floor?

Just my 2 cents on the situation...

1st - From a technical point of view the current support ("bottom" if you will) is around 6500 stat. That was the previous low before any recent pumps (in late June or early July... whenever that was). So if you want to wait for the low perhaps you can test to see whether it can touch 6500 or even break it. If it breaks 6500 then it will be a true free for all (in my opinion) on how low we can go. So if you agree on that take we are fairly close to the bottom. It might be worth entering a position now, adding some orders lower and then seeing where it can go from there.

2nd take - since we've been in a down trend for quite some time and have had a difficult time breaking what used to be 20k, now 15k - you can wait and put a mental stop order at 15k and wait to see if we ever do break it. You won't time the bottom this way, but by doing this you will protect yourself from buying on a downtrend aka trying to catch a falling knife.

3rd take - what I would suggest: do a dollar cost average and just say I'm going to buy 1 (or 2) BTC worth of Vericoin every week for the next 5-10 weeks. No you won't time the bottom this way but it's a more conservative way to enter in a position. You'll catch some highs and some lows within the greater trend. If you are really confident in holding the position you might as well enter in slowly but surely.

Now whether or not to buy Vericoin vs. Crypti? Well I don't know enough about Crypti to provide any advice on it. Personally I would suggest diversifying your holdings so it would probably be best to buy a little of both, over time - if you believe in the projects.

Best of luck!

Very nice overview!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:35:42 AM

Everytime Bareass posts all I can think of is.....

LoL. So true. why not cut your loses and run?

Its not as much What he sais more like How he sais it and the Only reason he dares to do this is because hes anonymous on the net.
That dude has some RL issues for sure.

I welcome people that bring up their concerns and issues , his interrest more then talk about those is to call everyone retards, morons  etc .and those are  some of the nicer terms hes used.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:42:39 AM

Its not as much What he sais more like How he sais it and the Only reason he dares to do this is because hes anonymous on the net.

I welcome people that bring up their concerns and issues , his interrest more then talk about those is to call everyone retards, morons  etc .and those are  some of the nicer terms hes used.

The only way we get rid of these idiots is the ignore button. If nobody answer or quotes their rants they will leave sooner or later. And as soon as the Price rises they will leave anyway.

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:50:13 AM

I welcome people that bring up their concerns and issues , his interrest more then talk about those is to call everyone retards, morons  etc .and those are  some of the nicer terms hes used.

The only way we get rid of these idiots is the ignore button. If nobody answer or quotes their rants they will leave sooner or later. And as soon as the Price rises they will leave anyway.
your 100% right and the next rant I'm ignoring ... done with it... useless anyway as I'm in it to the top or till the end Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:07:33 AM

your 100% right and the next rant I'm ignoring ... done with it... useless anyway as I'm in it to the top or till the end Wink

Don't think it's clever to say barabbas is an idiot. The guy is mostly right and his level of language is far above I have seen here on bitcointalk.
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:30:41 AM

Don't think it's clever to say barabbas is an idiot. The guy is mostly right and his level of language is far above I have seen here on bitcointalk.
sorry but sometimes smart doesn't cut it... he has no respect or manners, everything that come out of his mouth is rude and condescending ... even when he posts something useful and positive and constructive he can't hold back but to dumb people down... don't care to see his thought anymore ..gave him several benefits of the doubt but always proves a nuisance ... seems like he has so much hate for vrc I've offered to buy all his coins if he wants out but clearly he doesn't so he can continue to post to the people who care and don't block him.. as for me I'm done with him,  what does it matter I'm merely a investor/cheerleader Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:23:07 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 12:46:16 PM by altcoinUK

Which one is the better investment Crypti or Vericoin? I like both coins, but the Crypti community predicts skyrocketing Crypti performance and stagnation for vericoin. What you guys think about vericoin price for the next 2-3 months? Would you invest 10 BTC in vericoin right now or better to wait for the floor?

English is not even my third language, so I apologize in advance for all confusions in my post  :-))

Most probably I hold more coins than the vocal supporters combined have, for that reason I follow this coin closely, and therefore I can give you an objective :-)) overview about the state of VeriCoin.

Hundreds of investors read the CV of the developers a few months ago. The CVs indicate the developers are capable software professionals with fairly impressive academic background. We liked the transparency theme and such transparency was a really unique feature in the altcoin market at the time. Everyone thought the bright, capable, honest, young developers will pull off this project. It seemed the only option is a success and if any coins can succeed that will be vericoin. So what happened in the summer? Well, the biggest failure of the altcoin market in this summer is VeriCoin. The price is 9k, the order book is a pathetic 5.5 BTC and the volume is 20 BTC that puts VeriCoin at the second page of Bittrex. The reasons of this spectacular failure are

a) The developers don't work on the software. The general expectations were that the vericoin devs are responsible and reasonable professionals and they will put the hard work into the project, the professional pride will drive them to deliver. The reality is that they don't deliver. That's why it hasn't been released anything in the last 10 weeks. (the meaningless road map that is full of bollocks doesn't count as delivery)

b) The developers are not in the league of serious crypto currency professionals like Peter Todd, Gavin Wood or btcdrak to just mention a few. This summer made clear that in order to succeed in the altcoin market the developers need to posses more skills than the ability of forking Sunny King codes and add a few useless functions like VeriBit, VeriSend and VeriSMS.

c) There is no clear strategy for the development of the coin. Lame ideas like the VISA card take precedence over sensible suggestions and again, no real progress in any areas.

Of course the devs can change the situation of "a", "b" and "c" easily, even "b" is changeable as we don't talk about rocket science here but software development, they can study the code base of other solutions and build on that new features for vericoin.

As the current situation is a complete failure, I strongly suggest do not invest your 10 BTC in vericoin. Your 10 BTC investment will push the price up with 5k, it will make ecstatic the hardcore cheerleaders, they will perform the usual rituals and dances for the cult leaders, socal will write his usual hosannas about the coming 100k price. However, the fundamentals of the project will remain the same and 2 weeks time the price will be even lower than it is today.
I suggest you wait, let the developers start working and deliver (anything would be great really) and then if you notice any improvements then you invest the 10 BTC in vericoin.

Good luck and let us know if you need more info :-)))

CINNI will LIVE

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

Reverse trend again.
I hope it rebounds on 8k
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:45:17 PM

English is not even my third language, so I apologize in advance for all confusions in my post  :-))

Most probably I hold more coins than the vocal supporters combined have, for that reason I follow this coin closely, and therefore I can give you an objective :-)) overview about the state of VeriCoin.

Hundreds of investors read the CV of the developers a few months ago. The CVs indicate the developers are capable software professionals with fairly impressive academic background. We liked the transparency theme and such transparency was a really unique feature in the altcoin market at the time. Everyone thought the bright, capable, honest, young developers will pull off this project. It seemed the only option is a success and if any coins can succeed that will be vericoin. So what happened in the summer? Well, the biggest failure of the altcoin market in this summer is VeriCoin. The price is 9k, the order book is a pathetic 5.5 BTC and the volume is 20 BTC that puts VeriCoin at the second page of Bittrex. The reasons of this spectacular failure are

a) The developers don't work on the software. The general expectations were that the vericoin devs are responsible and reasonable professionals and they will put the hard work into the project, the professional pride will drive them to deliver. The reality is that they don't deliver. That's why it hasn't been released anything in the last 10 weeks. (the meaningless road map that is full of bollocks doesn't count as delivery)

b) The developers are not in the league of serious crypto currency professionals like Peter Todd, Gavin Wood or btcdrak to just mention a few. This summer made clear that in order to succeed in the altcoin market the developers need to posses more skills than the ability of forking Sunny King codes and add a few useless functions like VeriBit, VeriSend and VeriSMS.

c) There is no clear strategy for the development of the coin. Lame ideas like the VISA card take precedence over sensible suggestions and again, no real progress in any areas.

Of course the devs can change the situation of "a", "b" and "c" easily, even "b" is changeable as we don't talk about rocket science here but software development, they can study the code base of other solution and build on that new features for vericoin.

As the current situation is a complete failure, I strongly suggest do not invest your 10 BTC in vericoin. Your 10 BTC investment will push the price up with 5k, it will make ecstatic the hardcore cheerleaders, they will perform the usual rituals and dances for the cult leaders, socal will write his usual hosannas about the coming 100k price. However, the fundamentals of the project will remain the same and 2 weeks time the price will be even lower than it is today.
I suggest you wait, let the developers start working and deliver (anything would be great really) and then if you notice any improvements then you invest the 10 BTC in vericoin.

I agree with some of your points. Ever since the Mintpal hack, there has been a major downward trend.

I wouldn't call VeriSend useless, some users want anonymity. Likewise VeriBit makes it easy to spend on anything wherever BTC is accepted.

I would not tell someone not to invest, but rather invest an amount you are comfortable with. The potential for this coin is huge. In the sea of scam coins, having transparent devs was one of the reason i invested.

As of late there is talk of adding a talented 4th dev. I hope we can hear something soon as this coin needs an adrenaline shot in the arm.

Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:55:27 PM

Just my 2 cents on the situation [...]

Very nice overview!

Thanks Zsp for the reply!

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:56:59 PM

Of course the devs can change the situation of "a", "b" and "c" easily, even "b" is changeable as we don't talk about rocket science here but software development, they can study the code base of other solution and build on that new features for vericoin.

I agree with some of your points. Ever since the Mintpal hack, there has been a major downward trend.

I wouldn't call VeriSend useless, some users want anonymity. Likewise VeriBit makes it easy to spend on anything wherever BTC is accepted.

I would not tell someone not to invest, but rather invest an amount you are comfortable with. The potential for this coin is huge. In the sea of scam coins, having transparent devs was one of the reason i invested.

As of late there is talk of adding a talented 4th dev. I hope we can hear something soon as this coin needs an adrenaline shot in the arm.

Having transparent devs was the only reason I have invested and I fully agree the potential for this coin is huge - if the developers start the work and delivering. Everyone thought the transparency will be enough to succeed - unfortunately it is not enough. The only option to succeed is if the devs fulfil their promises of developing the coin.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:04:20 PM

One final update in regards to tomorrow. As many of you may know I will be hosting a Vericoin booth at the Minnesota State Fair to help raise awareness of both Vericoin and digital currencies as a whole. We have tried to be flexible in regards to the time slot we have our space. Originally we had the space from 11am-4pm. Then I got a phone call asking if we could please move to the 4pm-9pm spot. Although we agreed to moving I did put a request in that if it would ever be possible we would prefer having our original time slot (11am-4pm). So I did just get a call last night saying they did some last minute rearranging and we are now back on for our 11am-4pm time slot.

tldr; we have our Vericoin booth tomorrow, Saturday August 30th from 11am-4pm CST.

This will be my last request for anyone that would be willing to donate VRC to be passed out to please use the wallet address in my signature. 100% of the funds donated will be handed out tomorrow during the event. Every coin helps! Even if you can spare 25-50 VRC.

Thank you everyone for the support. On a final note - it's raining all day today, suppose to rain all day Sunday - and Saturday is suppose to be a beautiful day! Everything seems to be going out way Wink
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 01:12:25 PM

One final update in regards to tomorrow. As many of you may know I will be hosting a Vericoin booth at the Minnesota State Fair to help raise awareness of both Vericoin and digital currencies as a whole. We have tried to be flexible in regards to the time slot we have our space. Originally we had the space from 11am-4pm. Then I got a phone call asking if we could please move to the 4pm-9pm spot. Although we agreed to moving I did put a request in that if it would ever be possible we would prefer having our original time slot (11am-4pm). So I did just get a call last night saying they did some last minute rearranging and we are now back on for our 11am-4pm time slot.

tldr; we have our Vericoin booth tomorrow, Saturday August 30th from 11am-4pm CST.

This will be my last request for anyone that would be willing to donate VRC to be passed out to please use the wallet address in my signature. 100% of the funds donated will be handed out tomorrow during the event. Every coin helps! Even if you can spare 25-50 VRC.

Thank you everyone for the support. On a final note - it's raining all day today, suppose to rain all day Sunday - and Saturday is suppose to be a beautiful day! Everything seems to be going out way Wink

That's exciting, Xosihc.  I sent you another 250.  Good luck tomorrow!

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

Nice, I meant to ask about the weather. Thanks for the update, and best of luck to you and your team.  Let it rain VRC Saturday. Wink

Sending my latest veripool payment your way...  (it was a nice one)

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:31:36 PM

I sent you over a small amount now (50). Will send you something bigger when I get out of work tonight. Thx.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:49:33 PM

www.VRCRadio.com  LIVE in 10 Minutes
CINNI will LIVE

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:03:48 PM

120 000 and more in one big drop at Mint to very low 8361
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:04:09 PM

Many thanks to those who recently sent in some more VRC for the fair tomorrow! This wouldn't be possible without the awesome support of the community!!
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

5 hours to distribute the VRC.

lets say you get 12k, give or take. That is 2.4k / hour to give away, or roughly, 400 per 10 minutes.

You will find people have differentiating levels of interest, but you may need more time helping people with a wallet set up. so I would say 10 minutes a person, who you will be giving money to might be a bit optimistic.

Now, you multiply the amount of time by x amount of people you have working at the booth in this scenario.

Say you have 2x,3x people working. then you would have 20/30 minutes to give away 400 VRC per person. Most people will come in groups, and you will be able to get away with using the same time for multiple VRC gifts. Try to find the best balance throughout the day, see how long its taking you to help each person and use the math to create the best possible use of the funds, without over / under allocating them. Every person won't be ready to accept free VRC either. So if you can, make some paper wallets to give out some coins to those who use desktops or IOS.

I think VRC is in good hands! So keep up the good work. I just wanted to toss in some math to think about to help get the best result. I think you need to give away 400 each if possible, that is 20 USD, and it will hit a cord with people, any less they might think its not worth it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:43:10 PM

5 hours to distribute the VRC.

lets say you get 12k, give or take. That is 2.4k / hour to give away, or roughly, 400 per 10 minutes.

You will find people have differentiating levels of interest, but you may need more time helping people with a wallet set up. so I would say 10 minutes a person, who you will be giving money to might be a bit optimistic.

Now, you multiply the amount of time by x amount of people you have working at the booth in this scenario.

Say you have 2x,3x people working. then you would have 20/30 minutes to give away 400 VRC per person. Most people will come in groups, and you will be able to get away with using the same time for multiple VRC gifts. Try to find the best balance throughout the day, see how long its taking you to help each person and use the math to create the best possible use of the funds, without over / under allocating them. Every person won't be ready to accept free VRC either. So if you can, make some paper wallets to give out some coins to those who use desktops or IOS.

I think VRC is in good hands! So keep up the good work. I just wanted to toss in some math to think about to help get the best result. I think you need to give away 400 each if possible, that is 20 USD, and it will hit a cord with people, any less they might think its not worth it.

Umm.. I have to agree with him $20 does hit a cord with people. I would be willing to give most people gladly 10 min my time for $20. The can easily go buy that new dvd burner they have needed for so long from newegg.
Pages: « 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 [729] 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: