Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

5 hours to distribute the VRC.

lets say you get 12k, give or take. That is 2.4k / hour to give away, or roughly, 400 per 10 minutes.

You will find people have differentiating levels of interest, but you may need more time helping people with a wallet set up. so I would say 10 minutes a person, who you will be giving money to might be a bit optimistic.

Now, you multiply the amount of time by x amount of people you have working at the booth in this scenario.

Say you have 2x,3x people working. then you would have 20/30 minutes to give away 400 VRC per person. Most people will come in groups, and you will be able to get away with using the same time for multiple VRC gifts. Try to find the best balance throughout the day, see how long its taking you to help each person and use the math to create the best possible use of the funds, without over / under allocating them. Every person won't be ready to accept free VRC either. So if you can, make some paper wallets to give out some coins to those who use desktops or IOS.

I think VRC is in good hands! So keep up the good work. I just wanted to toss in some math to think about to help get the best result. I think you need to give away 400 each if possible, that is 20 USD, and it will hit a cord with people, any less they might think its not worth it.

I think only giving out to 30 people would be a waste. Target as many people as possible and hope we stoke some interest amongst them. If we gave out to X amount of people what will the follow up rate be, I reckon about 1-2%. But its anyone's guess.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

5 hours to distribute the VRC.

lets say you get 12k, give or take. That is 2.4k / hour to give away, or roughly, 400 per 10 minutes.

You will find people have differentiating levels of interest, but you may need more time helping people with a wallet set up. so I would say 10 minutes a person, who you will be giving money to might be a bit optimistic.

Now, you multiply the amount of time by x amount of people you have working at the booth in this scenario.

Say you have 2x,3x people working. then you would have 20/30 minutes to give away 400 VRC per person. Most people will come in groups, and you will be able to get away with using the same time for multiple VRC gifts. Try to find the best balance throughout the day, see how long its taking you to help each person and use the math to create the best possible use of the funds, without over / under allocating them. Every person won't be ready to accept free VRC either. So if you can, make some paper wallets to give out some coins to those who use desktops or IOS.

I think VRC is in good hands! So keep up the good work. I just wanted to toss in some math to think about to help get the best result. I think you need to give away 400 each if possible, that is 20 USD, and it will hit a cord with people, any less they might think its not worth it.

Probably the biggest discussion we have had on our end is how much VRC do we give away to each person? One thing we are doing is having an "Enter to Win" drawing where we will be giving out $25 worth of VRC every hour to anyone who enters their e-mail into a fish bowl. This will allow for us to collect at the least an e-mail address to follow-up with individuals who visit our booth. That alone will eat up roughly 3k VRC at current prices. Outside of that we were thinking to give somewhere between $1-$5 to anyone else who is interested in downloading the wallet.

If we did $1 per person (roughly 25 VRC) that would give us roughly 320 lots to hand out (assuming we have around 8,000 VRC remaining from the pool). Between my friend and I that would give us 2 minutes per person over the course of 5 hours. If we go the route of $5 per person then we are talking about ~60 engagements throughout the day. This would allow for a more quality conversation almost 5-10 minutes per person. As of now we are leaning towards the $1/person + $25 Enter to wins.

We also want to take into consideration people who don't have android phones that are interested in getting some VRC. While paper wallets would get the job done for that - we are afraid they will just end up in the trash on the way out the door. So for that - our plan is to collect some basic information and follow-up with them after the fact. So for that reason too - we are thinking about putting some VRC aside for those folks.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:08:37 PM

I agree with some of your points. Ever since the Mintpal hack, there has been a major downward trend.

I wouldn't call VeriSend useless, some users want anonymity. Likewise VeriBit makes it easy to spend on anything wherever BTC is accepted.

I would not tell someone not to invest, but rather invest an amount you are comfortable with. The potential for this coin is huge. In the sea of scam coins, having transparent devs was one of the reason i invested.

As of late there is talk of adding a talented 4th dev. I hope we can hear something soon as this coin needs an adrenaline shot in the arm.

Having transparent devs was the only reason I have invested and I fully agree the potential for this coin is huge - if the developers start the work and delivering. Everyone thought the transparency will be enough to succeed - unfortunately it is not enough. The only option to succeed is if the devs fulfil their promises of developing the coin.

AltcoinUk and Barabbas make a lot of sense too.. if we can all be objective. That's intelligence. What i dont agree is the delivery esp Barabbas. You can both be intelligent and respectful
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:30:26 PM

I agree with some of your points. Ever since the Mintpal hack, there has been a major downward trend.

I wouldn't call VeriSend useless, some users want anonymity. Likewise VeriBit makes it easy to spend on anything wherever BTC is accepted.

I would not tell someone not to invest, but rather invest an amount you are comfortable with. The potential for this coin is huge. In the sea of scam coins, having transparent devs was one of the reason i invested.

As of late there is talk of adding a talented 4th dev. I hope we can hear something soon as this coin needs an adrenaline shot in the arm.

Having transparent devs was the only reason I have invested and I fully agree the potential for this coin is huge - if the developers start the work and delivering. Everyone thought the transparency will be enough to succeed - unfortunately it is not enough. The only option to succeed is if the devs fulfil their promises of developing the coin.

AltcoinUk and Barabbas make a lot of sense too.. if we can all be objective. That's intelligence. What i dont agree is the delivery esp Barabbas. You can both be intelligent and respectful

I couldn't agree more about what I say make a lot of sense :-)))
Seriously, thanks for being civil and reasonable, your constructive post it's really refreshing in the middle of continues moaning of over-sensitive prima donnas who can't accept constructive criticism. We have different view on how this coin could succeed, but we could still have civilized conversation.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:38:34 PM

As of now we are leaning towards the $1/person + $25 Enter to wins.

I thought that event will be in the US, has the location changed to Malawi or Burundi? I mean if the capita per GDP is $300 like in those African countries then the $1 give away could be a very attractive deal for the poor buggers (no disrespect and God bless them it's not their fault their country is fucked-up), but in your place in the US to bother peoples with $1 gifts won't be rather counterproductive?

EDIT:
If here in Europe someone would stop me with a $1 deal that come with a 10 minutes explanation I would be wondering what kind of operation it is. I mean, would you really download an application for $1?
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:46:46 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 04:57:01 PM by Xosihc

I thought that event will be in the US, has the location changed to Malawi or Burundi? I mean if the capita per GDP is $300 like in those African countries then the $1 give away could be a very attractive deal for the poor buggers (no disrespect and God bless them it's not their fault their country is fucked-up), but in your place in the US to bother peoples with $1 gifts won't be rather counterproductive?

EDIT:
If here in Europe someone would stop me with a $1 deals and 10 minutes explanations I would wondering what kind of operation it is. I mean, would you really download an application for $1?

Well... the purpose wasn't so much to actually give them enough money that they can go buy something valuable - more so, so they can feel the experience of using digital currencies. Please keep in mind we are working with a limited budget. As much as I would love to hand everyone that walks by $25 we have a total of just under 12,000 VRC to be handed out. At current prices that's about $500 in USD.

If you would like to donate $5,000 worth of VRC to the cause I'd be more than happy to give each person that walks by $100 Wink

Edit: And trust me - I do marketing events like these for a living. You'd be surprised what people would do for a free hand out. Even if it's a pencil, $1, a free sticker. People do love free stuff. Again the more important thing to keep in mind is the fact we want people to #1 feel the experience of using digital currencies and #2 spark enough interest in the story that they want to go home and read more about it. This is not about handing out real cash to let people go out and buy things with it. That's not the purpose of the day.

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:00:00 PM

EDIT:
If here in Europe someone would stop me with a $1 deals and 10 minutes explanations I would wondering what kind of operation it is. I mean, would you really download an application for $1?

Well... the purpose wasn't so much to actually give them enough money that they can go buy something valuable - more so, so they can feel the experience of using digital currencies. Please keep in mind we are working with a limited budget. As much as I would love to hand everyone that walks by $25 we have a total of just under 12,000 VRC to be handed out. At current prices that about $500 in USD.

If you would like to donate $5,000 worth of VRC to the cause I'd be more than happy to give each person that walks by $100 Wink

I understand the constraints of the operation, I was not trolling and was seriously worried that in your place in Minnesota people will be pissed off from the $1 gift. But you know marketing, especially you know what works at your place, so if you say so I am sure everything will be fine.

I am ready to donate 100k VRC in the next 5 minutes to support any ideas that take this coin to the next level :-)) and I said to you I have nothing but respect for your hard work, but this event unfortunatelly will not change anything for vericoin, except that you feel very well that you have done something and probably that makes worthwhile the whole thing. So I am keep waiting for the opportunity to show my support. :-)))
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:04:05 PM

You'd be surprised what people would do for a free hand out. Even if it's a pencil, $1, a free sticker. People do love free stuff. Again the more important thing to keep in mind is the fact we want people to #1 feel the experience of using digital currencies and #2 spark enough interest in the story that they want to go home and read more about it.

I have to admit I know very little about marketing, generally I am very sceptical about the effectiveness of certain marketing methods like the free give away, but I take your word that it could be very effective. If it works out I will donate after :-))
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

EDIT:

Well... the purpose wasn't so much to actually give them enough money that they can go buy something valuable - more so, so they can feel the experience of using digital currencies. Please keep in mind we are working with a limited budget. As much as I would love to hand everyone that walks by $25 we have a total of just under 12,000 VRC to be handed out. At current prices that's about $500 in USD.

Edit: And trust me - I do marketing events like these for a living. You'd be surprised what people would do for a free hand out. Even if it's a pencil, $1, a free sticker. People do love free stuff. Again the more important thing to keep in mind is the fact we want people to #1 feel the experience of using digital currencies and #2 spark enough interest in the story that they want to go home and read more about it. This is not about handing out real cash to let people go out and buy things with it. That's not the purpose of the day.

It depends on the people. I'd make a minimum of 5 bucks, and plan to have less people want to get the wallet. People don't know what bitcoin is, so by the time you get explaining to them what a crypto currency is, and how to obtain a wallet ect, you will end up having much less time per person than you plan. A lot of people will come by to talk to you, or look from afar, without any intention of getting free coin, go engage these people on the fence, who may not have a phone. Likely the people who will benefit from this may not even have a smartphone.

I am 31, I don't have a smartphone. If you came up to me, and your pitch was giving me something free on my phone, I would walk by you. So, you have to use the giveaway as 1 tool in your arsenal. 500-600 dollars in giveaways may not be worth the entire 5 hours time slot. Economically if we where a business and had as large an investment in the booth as we did, we would have to beef up the advertising budget significantly to make the numbers work. You MUST use that time better. To spend 5-20 bucks a person when giving them money to lock them in, I think is a good way to do it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:38:45 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 05:50:00 PM by altcoinUK

EDIT:

It depends on the people. I'd make a minimum of 5 bucks, and plan to have less people want to get the wallet. People don't know what bitcoin is, so by the time you get explaining to them what a crypto currency is, and how to obtain a wallet ect, you will end up having much less time per person than you plan. A lot of people will come by to talk to you, or look from afar, without any intention of getting free coin, go engage these people on the fence, who may not have a phone. Likely the people who will benefit from this may not even have a smartphone.

I am 31, I don't have a smartphone. If you came up to me, and your pitch was giving me something free on my phone, I would walk by you. So, you have to use the giveaway as 1 tool in your arsenal. 500-600 dollars in giveaways may not be worth the entire 5 hours time slot. Economically if we where a business and had as large an investment in the booth as we did, we would have to beef up the advertising budget significantly to make the numbers work. You MUST use that time better. To spend 5-20 bucks a person when giving them money to lock them in, I think is a good way to do it.

I think you marketing guys don't see this from the right angle. People love to hear about big money and opportunities, the small $1-$5 range is not interesting. If you tell you can win on the lottery $5 then ppl say, ohhh that's all. So what the lottery companies say? This week the winning is 125 million - and even there is virtually zero chance to win on individual level the lottery is a sustainable business.

So I think you should give the 12,000 VRC to one person at the end of the day with a drawing. But call the Minnesota Star Tribune that you are technically giving away a US$ 1,440,000, and explain in a small print that the amount is derived from the data and events indicate that VeriCoin will be $120 next year, because the altcoin market just like that, explain the Litecoin story that reached $120, etc. Or you just need to activate Lindon the guy in suit or socal who can predict well the $120 price. Anyway, 90% of the bag holders anticipate Vericoin will be one of the top 3 currencies (that means $120 price) so you are not going to mislead anyone saying that you give away US$ 1,440,000. In this case people who did not win will feel that they actually lost US$ 1,440,000 and 2880% ROI and there is a good chance they will buy Vericoin - to balance their loss (that never happened but they feel it did).

If it's marketing BS than it should be a proper BS.

ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:50:32 PM

Absolutely! People love free stuff! There was a "Survey" in Europe which found that 90% of office workers would give away their passwords in exchange for a cheap pen. Cheesy

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:12:41 PM

take Circle for instance.. recently they have been giving away $10 worth of bitcoin to those who signed up months ago (invites only).. it has really get people I am in the same group on Facebook to want to sign up and ask for links for invites.. there will always those ones who will walk away and there will be ones who will be very excited and interested...for free $5 to $10 in coins
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:14:12 PM

EDIT:

I think you marketing guys don't see this from the right angle. People love to hear about big money and opportunities, the small $1-$5 range is not interesting. If you tell you can win on the lottery $5 then ppl say, ohhh that's all. So what the lottery companies say? This week the winning is 125 million - and even there is virtually zero chance to win on individual level the lottery is a sustainable business.

So I think you should give the 12,000 VRC to one person at the end of the day with a drawing. But call the Minnesota Star Tribune that you are technically giving away a US$ 1,440,000, and explain in a small print that the amount is derived from the data and events indicate that VeriCoin will be $120 next year, because the altcoin market just like that, explain the Litecoin story that reached $120, etc. Or you just need to activate Lindon the guy in suit or socal who can predict well the $120 price. Anyway, 90% of the bag holders anticipate Vericoin will be one of the top 3 currencies (that means $120 price) so you are not going to mislead anyone saying that you give away US$ 1,440,000. In this case people who did not win will feel that they actually lost US$ 1,440,000 and 2880% ROI and there is a good chance they will buy Vericoin - to balance their loss (that never happened but they feel it did).

If it's marketing BS than it should be a proper BS.

That is a good way to do it as well, maybe do, Grand prize 10k VRC, and then do the other coins split 1/5 for each hour and do a hourly giveaway. Then you could have people put a Email into your drawing and you could contact and support the winners receiving the money. And spend the time educating people on VRC and bitcoin while you have the booth.

This solves both problems as you don't need to spend to much time setting up a wallet and then sending them money, when it really is insignificant, plus the headlines saying someone got 500 USD or w/e is better and then some runner ups so that people feel they get a chance to win, even if not the big one.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:18:42 PM

@Xosihc...thanks for your work buddy.. what your doing is absolutely amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

+1

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:50:35 PM

EDIT:

OK I sent 200 more as I promised. Good Luck and thank you for your hard work.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

Sorry for my delay in any response. I've had a busy day at work - on top of all the last minute planning for this event. So to address a few thoughts.

I understand the constraints of the operation, I was not trolling and was seriously worried that in your place in Minnesota people will be pissed off from the $1 gift. But you know marketing, especially you know what works at your place, so if you say so I am sure everything will be fine.

I do understand you are not trolling but I also feel you (and to a lesser degree buy4crypto) are missing the point for what the event is about. This event is not about handing out a ton of money - or even a grand prize of $500 or $10,000 dollars. It's about creating awareness for digital currencies. Period. Yes I am going to put Vericoin at the front of this message but my goal as somebody who is passionate about digital currencies as a whole is to simply try and have some engaging conversations with as many people as I can about what Vericoin is and how it can be used in society.

The handing out of Vericoin is very secondary to the bigger picture of simply trying to create awareness & interest for the future of digital currencies. To be honest, I don't even need any Vericoin to still make this day successful. I will do it with my passion for digital currencies. So please don't get so caught up on the price/value/amount of coin being handed out during the day.

The whole purpose of having Vericoin to hand out is to demonstrate the process for those who are interested in learning more. It's about demonstrating the process. It doesn't matter if it's $1, $10, or $0.05 that I'm sending to people - because regardless of the amount - they will still engage in the process.

I am ready to donate 100k VRC in the next 5 minutes to support any ideas that take this coin to the next level :-)) and I said to you I have nothing but respect for your hard work, but this event unfortunatelly will not change anything for vericoin, except that you feel very well that you have done something and probably that makes worthwhile the whole thing. So I am keep waiting for the opportunity to show my support. :-)))

And to continue my rant here for a minute, if I may, let me explain the main problem I have with You (and many others on this forum). You (and so many others) have this attitude that if something MASSIVELY large doesn't happen to this coin than it isn't even worth doing, nor is it "successful". How on Earth can you already come to the conclusion that this event will "unfortunately not change anything for Vericoin"? When it hasn't even happened yet!!

So far over the last 6-8 weeks I have been able to get 7 different people to invest money into Vericoin. By having simple conversations over coffee, beer, or just over the internet. One of those 7 people I got to invest in Vericoin got another 2. All together just from me personally, I have gotten 9 other people to invested some $10,000-$15,000 in Vericoin. Now I get none of my actions took the coin to "the next level" as you are so patiently waiting for. But you know what?? If You, and everyone else that just comes to this forum to bitch & whine would get out of their chairs and actually do something productive with their time maybe we'd have another 10 people that could have done the same thing. If 10 more people did what I have done then we would have another $100,000 invested in Vericoin. This didn't take some big announcement or the need for a plan - it was simply just getting out of my chair, off bitcointalk.org and being proactive.

So lets take a moment here and go back to this event that we already know won't change anything. What if I'm able to spark enough interest with 10 people during the day that 3 of them decide to actually invest a little money in Vericoin, say $1,000. Then one of those three people decides this really is a good opportunity and decides to invest $5,000 more. Then 1 of those other people talks to another person who decides to get involved. Fast forward six months later and all together they have now talked to 5 more people to get involved. Next thing you know there is $25,000 more invested in Vericoin. Oh wait!! That's right - you don't think getting $25,000 invested in Vericoin is big enough to actually matter. So yeah, I guess you're right - the event was a big failure. Nevermind.

It's the old saying that a 10,000 mile journey begins with the first step. You and so many others are just sitting here waiting for some MASSIVE milestone to happen not realizing you are missing the biggest opportunity of all - to go out and do something about it. You know what I'm doing after the fair tomorrow? I already have another event on meetup.com on 9/4/14 to discuss Vericoin with my cities bitcoin meetup group. Another event that... oh wait that's right - will unfortunately not change anything for Vericoin.

There are about 15 of you that just never shut the fuck up about everything wrong with Vericoin. You point out every problem you think you see. You never come up with any real solutions but you're always the first to point out every problem. Yet... none of you will go away. You say you're hanging around because you're now a "bagholder" and have so much money invested. Well why don't all go on meetup.com right now - create an event for 3-4 weeks out calling it "learn about Vericoin - the future of digital payments" and try and get somebody new to learn about the project you are "involved" in. Not only will it get you out of the basement for a minute and possibly a little vitamin D for your skin - but your folks will really appreciate having the house to themselves for a couple of hours for once in their lives.

Don't even waste your time responding to this message tonight, you know why? Because I'm leaving in 20 minutes to go DO SOMETHING about making Vericoin more known in this world. I know it "unfortunatelly will not change anything for vericoin" but you know what? At least I'm doing something about it.

tldr; fuck you, fuck you, Lootz you're cool, and fuck you I'm out!

edit: thank you everyone who actually is supporting the event tomorrow! We're really excited about it - going to go do some last minuting planning for it right now Smiley Smiley
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:45:24 PM

Well... the purpose wasn't so much to actually give them enough money that they can go buy something valuable - more so, so they can feel the experience of using digital currencies. Please keep in mind we are working with a limited budget. As much as I would love to hand everyone that walks by $25 we have a total of just under 12,000 VRC to be handed out. At current prices that about $500 in USD.

As I posted 150 pages ago:

Could you guys imagine how big a true (and on top audited) decentralized exchange would be? People would swarm in like crazy. There is a long talk about a decentralized exchange in the BTCitcoin community since the Mt. Gox drama. People like Andreas Antonopoulos are very interested in this for a long time now. We could also get a lot of media attention over Andreas and Let's Talk Bitcoin. If Adam B. Levine is talking about a coin it's like like an accolade for the coin on the long term.

There is a big big demand to get an exchange in which assets are not steal able. Neither by the people running the exchange neither by hackers. The single point of failure hurt a lot of people. There is no exchange I am currently trusting. Mt. Gox, Poloniex, Mintpal and other have proven again and again there will also be a point of failure. In the end it doesn't matter if a Government, an admin or an Hacker creates this situation where assets are gone.

Vericoin is currently one of the few coins competent, active and on top smart enough to achieve this milestone in the Bitcoin history. The demand is just huge.
But it would take 3 People too long to get a working exchange in time. We need to get bigger. Volunteers (which can be tipped), investors for a foundation to hire people and make the hole process accelerate.

The foundation should get in the end most of the fees charged by the exchange to make it lucrative to them investing.

I would love the see Vericoin to succeed. But if we can achieve this. This would be outstanding. This is a real opportunity to get big.

In my opinion the exchange should aim high to get attention.

--> get a white paper. Where do the dev. want to head. What are the ideas?

I would suggest:

Step:
1.) Create a base the exchange could operate on. Possibly a unique Blockchain 2.0 ? I am not sure if a decentralized exchange could even operate on the current blockchain.
 2.) Create the exchange. Just a simple test version integrated into the Vericoin Wallet to find problems. (Make it Multiwallet to people can keep both Bitcoin (lite weight client) and Vericoin in one Wallet. People would just swap coin to get interested if you want to hold for a longer time.
  3.) Make the exchange accessible over the browser. Create an Veri-exchange only Wallet
   4.) Add Altcoins

and then we got already a lot. The far future ideas would be:

-Veribank comes alive. Create a special token/coin (maybe Ripple style) and make it simple 1 coin/token = 1$ accessible for all Veribank users. Add this token/coin to the exchange.
And BOOM Vericoin became a big player and could even take over market cap of big Bitcoin exchanges like btc-e, bitstamp and even OKCoin simply because a p2p exchange with FIAT would be a kill blow to them.

-Create tradable contracts over the exchange.

But I am not sure if the dev of Vericoin even want to head this way.
I know this is a shit lot of hard work. But the possible value out of this is not even predicable.

I would love to see them heading this direction and would support this heavily.

I still think this would be really big. If you can give all the Bitcoin traders a decentralized platform they can indirectly trade BTC / Dollar (1 VeriBank Token = 1 $) and many other altcoins as well. Once this rounds up with Veribank it would be unimaginable how big it would become.

I know it's a lot of work to get to this point. Sadly I don't have enough programming skills and therefor I am not sure how this could even be realized in the end.
It was just a basic idea I had back then. It can should be developed and a few ideas should be added. But this could bring a lot of value to Vericoin itself when it's done right.

Feel free to add your thoughts on this idea. Maybe we can get to a point where we can pass this on to the dev. team.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
kasman5

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:23:02 AM

As I posted 150 pages ago:

Could you guys imagine how big a true (and on top audited) decentralized exchange would be? People would swarm in like crazy. There is a long talk about a decentralized exchange in the BTCitcoin community since the Mt. Gox drama. People like Andreas Antonopoulos are very interested in this for a long time now. We could also get a lot of media attention over Andreas and Let's Talk Bitcoin. If Adam B. Levine is talking about a coin it's like like an accolade for the coin on the long term.

There is a big big demand to get an exchange in which assets are not steal able. Neither by the people running the exchange neither by hackers. The single point of failure hurt a lot of people. There is no exchange I am currently trusting. Mt. Gox, Poloniex, Mintpal and other have proven again and again there will also be a point of failure. In the end it doesn't matter if a Government, an admin or an Hacker creates this situation where assets are gone.

Vericoin is currently one of the few coins competent, active and on top smart enough to achieve this milestone in the Bitcoin history. The demand is just huge.
But it would take 3 People too long to get a working exchange in time. We need to get bigger. Volunteers (which can be tipped), investors for a foundation to hire people and make the hole process accelerate.

The foundation should get in the end most of the fees charged by the exchange to make it lucrative to them investing.

I would love the see Vericoin to succeed. But if we can achieve this. This would be outstanding. This is a real opportunity to get big.

In my opinion the exchange should aim high to get attention.

--> get a white paper. Where do the dev. want to head. What are the ideas?

I would suggest:

Step:
1.) Create a base the exchange could operate on. Possibly a unique Blockchain 2.0 ? I am not sure if a decentralized exchange could even operate on the current blockchain.
 2.) Create the exchange. Just a simple test version integrated into the Vericoin Wallet to find problems. (Make it Multiwallet to people can keep both Bitcoin (lite weight client) and Vericoin in one Wallet. People would just swap coin to get interested if you want to hold for a longer time.
  3.) Make the exchange accessible over the browser. Create an Veri-exchange only Wallet
   4.) Add Altcoins

and then we got already a lot. The far future ideas would be:

-Veribank comes alive. Create a special token/coin (maybe Ripple style) and make it simple 1 coin/token = 1$ accessible for all Veribank users. Add this token/coin to the exchange.
And BOOM Vericoin became a big player and could even take over market cap of big Bitcoin exchanges like btc-e, bitstamp and even OKCoin simply because a p2p exchange with FIAT would be a kill blow to them.

-Create tradable contracts over the exchange.

But I am not sure if the dev of Vericoin even want to head this way.
I know this is a shit lot of hard work. But the possible value out of this is not even predicable.

I would love to see them heading this direction and would support this heavily.

I still think this would be really big. If you can give all the Bitcoin traders a decentralized platform they can indirectly trade BTC / Dollar (1 VeriBank Token = 1 $) and many other altcoins as well. Once this rounds up with Veribank it would be unimaginable how big it would become.

I know it's a lot of work to get to this point. Sadly I don't have enough programming skills and therefor I am not sure how this could even be realized in the end.
It was just a basic idea I had back then. It can should be developed and a few ideas should be added. But this could bring a lot of value to Vericoin itself when it's done right.

Feel free to add your thoughts on this idea. Maybe we can get to a point where we can pass this on to the dev. team.

It's a good idea but we've got three devs that are up to their eyeballs already. We would need a team of devs to even compete. Look at BitSharesX this is already happening, Ethereum has a shit tonne of investment plus a lot of devs working on it. We need to focus on being the 'cash' coin. 

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
kasman5

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:34:58 AM

Not only will it get you out of the basement for a minute and possibly a little vitamin D for your skin - but your folks will really appreciate having the house to themselves for a couple of hours for once in their lives.

Well that's a sweeping statement if I've ever seen one. 

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:27:55 AM

Not only will it get you out of the basement for a minute and possibly a little vitamin D for your skin - but your folks will really appreciate having the house to themselves for a couple of hours for once in their lives.

Well that's a sweeping statement if I've ever seen one. 

Yeah... it was more of a joke than anything. But I get sarcasm isn't easily conveyed over the internet =p
Pages: « 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: