Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 [735] 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:44:06 PM

Don't turn into captain hindsight barabbas....no one knew how the event was going to go and like he said he changed his strategy anyway.

As for the website content, yes it is a lot of mumbo-jumbo for a total noob. Maybe we can get the ball rolling for some beginner friendly documentation? I've got some free time on my hands if you want too put forward some ideas. We could do a google doc that everyone can contribute too?

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:57:32 PM

Don't turn into captain hindsight barabbas....no one knew how the event was going to go and like he said he changed his strategy anyway.

As for the website content, yes it is a lot of mumbo-jumbo for a total noob. Maybe we can get the ball rolling for some beginner friendly documentation? I've got some free time on my hands if you want too put forward some ideas. We could do a google doc that everyone can contribute too?

Sorry but while I believe in team efforts, in general, when it comes to digital currencies and especially this one in particular, nope. See, I believe in skills, rather than hyperbole or fanaticism (keyworded here as "passion"). When you have somebody who is practically illiterate and doesn't know the distinction between "your" and "you're" -among many other tell-tales- who feels entitled to give lessons to other because... well he is "passionate" about Vericoin, it is like trying to get an Australian Aborigine to write a paper in esperanto. I'm sure you get my meaning.

Xoshic here is a self-declared "expert". He does these types of events twice before breakfast every day. And he knows better than anyone his environment, his people and, like I said, these events... only that his perception of reality id about light years away from the real reality, as he now admits. In his thoughts, everyone but everyone knew not only everything about bitcoin but also was perfectly appraised -not to mention interested- about even the latest prices oscillations. And this is a guy that does these types of things frequently! Imagine people "passionate" to volunteer that are successful mass-market jeans manufacturers, even though they just can write in English... never mind that, he would entitled himself to "correct" others when they RIGHTFULLY, write "the world entire"... just because he has never read, well anything but these boards and not have even watched "Schindler's List"...

So you would excuse me if I nicely decline your offer. I guarantee you will find abundance of geniuses more than willing to volunteer. I did it once -not being paid-. It will never happen again. Thank you but no, thank you.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:03:28 PM

What this is telling me is the mass public still #1 doesn't even know ANY digital currencies are available and #2 for those who have heard of bitcoin or any digital currency - they are massively misinformed. There is no easy way to change this other than to get out there and continue to work on talking to people and educating people. It's an uphill battle but hey, many great ideas start this way.

You seems to be a very nice guy and I could not be happier for you, that you had a great day yesterday.

Unfortunately, as your enormous effort was an isolated event it won't reverse the declining trend of vericoin. What you have done isn't integral part of a strategy - mainly because there's no strategy exists for vericoin. If your effort would be part of a sensible idea like Barabbas' world vericoin day event when vericoin activities being held in London, Paris, Berlin, Moscow, New York, LA, etc. and you would do your part in Minnesota then such orchestrated effort could get vericoin into the news and kick-off a snow ball effect.

As for your mission to educate human kind about digital currencies, such ambitious aim like the vericoin community will educate the mass public shouldn't be in the scope of this project. I could be wrong, but before you try educating the mass public it would make more sense to try convincing the crypto currency literate audience, who already knows what digital currency is (so you wouldn't have to start from zero). But again, since there's no strategy do whatever makes you happy :-)))
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:32:02 AM

REALLY ITS TIME FOR A MODERATED THREAD>>> IT IS OBVIOUS BARABBAS AND ALTCOINUK ARE JUST BASHING EVERYTHING FOR THEIR OWN AGENDAS AND EVERYONE IS SICK OF IT>>>DONT TELL ME "OH BUT THEY HAVE GOOD POINTS" CAUSE THEY DONT AND CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AFTER THEIR DISPLAY OF COMMUNICATION>>> MANY THREADS HAVE GONE MODERATED>>> THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING MODERATED IF WE ONLY STOP SENSELESS RUDE BELITTLING COMMENTS FROM LITTERING THIS THREAD>>>

PLEASE DEVS CONSIDER THIS <IM SO DONE GOING THROUGH PAGES AND PAGES OF STUPIDITY>>> TAKE CONTROL AND END THIS THREAD>>>KEEP THE LINK ON THE MODERATED THREAD FOR PPL WHO WANT TO COME BACK HERE AND UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS NECESSARY!!!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:36:02 AM

MODERATE THE THREAD DEVS!!!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

Wow! Wouldn't that be cool if a whole city adopted VeriCoin over Bitcoin? Hmmm...

Good work Xosihc!! A few glitches here and there but overall sounds very positive. I think we got a good insight into how tough getting the general public into to digital currency is. Looking forward to seeing the photos and hopefully we can use them to show how friendly the community is underneath all the trolling lol

A few interesting points that I also took away from the event. I am constantly reminded how many people STILL have never heard of bitcoin, never the less an altcoin. I'm so used to all my friends, family and peers knowing about bitcoin (and other coins) due to me being so heavily invested in the community. Then I remove myself from my normal surroundings and find that probably 1 in 2 people yesterday still said they had not even heard of bitcoin.

Out of the other 50% of people that had actually heard of bitcoin - their response to me asking "have you ever heard of bitcoin?" was 90% of the time "oh, i thought that it went away". or "oh, didn't they all get taken or something?"

What this is telling me is the mass public still #1 doesn't even know ANY digital currencies are available and #2 for those who have heard of bitcoin or any digital currency - they are massively misinformed. There is no easy way to change this other than to get out there and continue to work on talking to people and educating people. It's an uphill battle but hey, many great ideas start this way.

X, if my vote counts, hang on to the VRC for the next event.  You might just find a new altcoin investor there that already knows crypto.  Then, if any is left over, I'd say donate it to the VeriFund.

Thanks for your hard work.  Unlike some other complete imbecile assholes, I really do appreciate what you are doing.  And I know you don't take what they say seriously - who would.  Good job!

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:26:03 AM

REALLY ITS TIME FOR A MODERATED THREAD>>> IT IS OBVIOUS BARABBAS AND ALTCOINUK ARE JUST BASHING EVERYTHING FOR THEIR OWN AGENDAS AND EVERYONE IS SICK OF IT>>>DONT TELL ME "OH BUT THEY HAVE GOOD POINTS" CAUSE THEY DONT AND CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AFTER THEIR DISPLAY OF COMMUNICATION>>> MANY THREADS HAVE GONE MODERATED>>> THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING MODERATED IF WE ONLY STOP SENSELESS RUDE BELITTLING COMMENTS FROM LITTERING THIS THREAD>>>

PLEASE DEVS CONSIDER THIS <IM SO DONE GOING THROUGH PAGES AND PAGES OF STUPIDITY>>> TAKE CONTROL AND END THIS THREAD>>>KEEP THE LINK ON THE MODERATED THREAD FOR PPL WHO WANT TO COME BACK HERE AND UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS NECESSARY!!!

Something is in the works that will make everyone happy! Will be rolled out Veri soon  Cool
ereborltc

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:36:05 AM

Something is in the works that will make everyone happy! Will be rolled out Veri soon  Cool
cant wait!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:49:47 AM

This thread has two sticky painful stupid idiots which makes reading through it a pain in the ass even for the most patient human, which I'm not, by the way.

So, please, Mr. stupid-asshole Barabbas would you just hold the hand of Mr. pain-in-the-ass altcoinUK and go both of you tell your stupid stories to some dumb idiot elsewhere?

Vericoin community would LOVE to see your back. Go go go!!!!!!!
CINNI will LIVE

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:20:15 AM

This thread has two sticky painful stupid idiots which makes reading through it a pain in the ass even for the most patient human, which I'm not, by the way.

So, please, Mr. stupid-asshole Barabbas would you just hold the hand of Mr. pain-in-the-ass altcoinUK and go both of you tell your stupid stories to some dumb idiot elsewhere?

1+
InvestorPerson

Activity: 316

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:58:22 AM

can't wait for november/december so you can't use your stupid IT'S SUMMEEERRRRR scapegoat for bad performance anymore

what are you gonna chear then?

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:58:22 AM

Remember BTC was not so overly welcome when it first took off, it was mainly laughed at.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:34:02 AM

1+

Veritalk. And fuck you very much, by the way.
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:34:28 AM

Since I had already wasted my time, here it is:

So this is the famous paper you wrote - now before you go off & write off anyone, here are some tip for you even as you put it " a first grader graphic designer " should be able to know this

- use a spell checker

- never alter a logo with gradient, bevel , shadow , glow or whatever generic filter.

- tone of language " hate " conveys negative emotions

Then again this is your campaign, so as you were

This was posted as such just to put in evidence your fuckery, as above. I didn't even read it twice, let alone use spell checker. Raw as raw can be.

Why not alter a logo that is, obviously, old and unatractive? That's your convention, no one else's.

The whole point of the flier is to hit where it hurts, with as negative an image as possible... towards banks, credit cards and the loss of value. This plays straight to the pockets after hitting the right emotions.

Correction: This WAS my campaign, when I proposed it. Now it is just a demonstration that you -and most others- do absolutely nothing, and prefer to do absolutely nothing, while I do what I say I will and it is something that could potentially have saved Vericoin.

Enough said.

Hey folks just reminder why Barabbas should be taken with a pinch of salt.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:34:57 AM

+1

Read above ^^^
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

Since I had already wasted my time, here it is:

So this is the famous paper you wrote - now before you go off & write off anyone, here are some tip for you even as you put it " a first grader graphic designer " should be able to know this

- use a spell checker

- never alter a logo with gradient, bevel , shadow , glow or whatever generic filter.

- tone of language " hate " conveys negative emotions

Then again this is your campaign, so as you were

This was posted as such just to put in evidence your fuckery, as above. I didn't even read it twice, let alone use spell checker. Raw as raw can be.

Why not alter a logo that is, obviously, old and unatractive? That's your convention, no one else's.

The whole point of the flier is to hit where it hurts, with as negative an image as possible... towards banks, credit cards and the loss of value. This plays straight to the pockets after hitting the right emotions.

Correction: This WAS my campaign, when I proposed it. Now it is just a demonstration that you -and most others- do absolutely nothing, and prefer to do absolutely nothing, while I do what I say I will and it is something that could potentially have saved Vericoin.

Enough said.

Hey folks just reminder why Barabbas should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Or, in your particular case, not at all. Much, much better that way.
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:42:24 AM

Yes please. Enough is enough.  Smiley
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:44:08 AM

@wreathy,

please stop quoting and answering this guys rants. He's sitting the whole day in front of his sreen, waiting for answers about his bullshit. If you feed this troll we never get rid of him.

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
moxl
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:48:57 AM

now,why The price is very cheap Angry
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:50:38 AM

Time to moderate this thread or lock it down, I believe in a right to free speech. But garbage I can live without. So I don't really mind.

Pages: « 1 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 [735] 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: