Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:39:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:37:45 PM

Now i hate myself for doing this But ..

Barabbas ,
What are your thoughts on supernet?(when the guy starts talking about the jl777 "effect" it reads a lot like the magical dev effect predicted about dev4)
And could u try Really hard to just be Nice about it, just your thoughts without the insults would be great.
Just to help u along , I know im illiterate , I dont play enough tennis these days And i like to strut around the field with a red and white cane holding pom poms (blind cheerleader).
But inspite all of this I would like to Read your thoughts on this because everyone else seems slightly befuddled by what it will bring to the table.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:19:49 PM

@Reavon

how was the bitcoin conference in Cologne?

It hasn't happened yet. Starts tommorow

I've offered VRCRadio spots , reports, LIVE or recorded to reavon.

He's managed to get a spot in a meeting of the priniple "Big Cheeses" attending the conference and is checking the SMS network so he can demonstrte on the mobile forun. He's got some media stuff to hand out.

Great JOB Reavon!!
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:41:53 PM

@Reavon

I am sorry to not writting anymore into this forum, because of obvious circumstances .
But to answer your question the conference i am invested to is on 2nd September , tommorow. Well your right it started today with a premeet up and tommorow there will be a Presentation held by several people and there are only 50 people invited me included.
on september the 3rd there will be a Bitcoineer and computer inthusiast meetup for everyone and there were over 1000 people last year so i will
be there aswell and handout vericoin also demonstrate the services and talk with people about vericoin and crypto as a whole. I wanted to visit that event even before vericoin was implemented, so i am visiting it mainly for my own interest and i think you all will agree that it is a good to represent vericoin aswell, since i am veriLeader in my region.

i had great donations from you guys about 1000 vericoin, althought i even didnt ask for donations because i have 600 vericoin of my own to give away there . Thanks to the donors , this community is awesome.

So everyone who wants to hear about the conferenece stay tuned on vericoinnews and vrcradio , also at veritalk because i wont put information into this thread.

Greetings
Reavon

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:54:51 PM

i had great donations from you guys about 1000 vericoin, althought i even didnt ask for donations because i have 600 vericoin of my own to give away there . Thanks to the donors , this community is awesome.

Hey Reavon,

I have some left over VRC from the MN State Fair - which I'm sure the donators would be happy to have me pass along to you for your conference. I have an event on 9/4/14 where I'm going to try and pass out the rest but if you send me an address I can send you over 1,000-1,500 VRC for ya.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

nice to see the group is still together and everything is all dandy maybe we can all have a feast on the holidays

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:24:42 PM

LOL i just seen this blast from the past

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:35:41 PM

Hey Reavon,

I have some left over VRC from the MN State Fair - which I'm sure the donators would be happy to have me pass along to you for your conference. I have an event on 9/4/14 where I'm going to try and pass out the rest but if you send me an address I can send you over 1,000-1,500 VRC for ya.

Thank you Xosihc my VRC adress you can find in the  signature . I would say that any left overs should be send into the veriFund or ,with permission ofcourse, i will use it for future giveaways , as i want to create a Cryptoclub in my town with a friend.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:38:17 PM

Hey Reavon,

Thank you Xosihc my VRC adress you can find in the  signature . I would say that any left overs should be send into the veriFund or ,with permission ofcourse, i will use it for future giveaways , as i want to create a Cryptoclub in my town with a friend.

I am going to make the call that those who donated for the fair would be more than happy to support the conference tomorrow on your behalf. I sent over 1,500 VRC to be handed out during the day. Thank you for everything you are doing!
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:17:33 PM

Well, sorry it took me a few moments to provide a recap to the MN State Fair event. It was a long day, long night and I had some family things to attend to this morning before finally getting back to my computer.

Overall I would say the event was a success! I'll be honest and admit there were some things that could have gone better. At the same time we had some good surprises too. So yeah, there were both good and bad surprises, which during an event like this would be expected.

I'll start with the unexpected "bad stuff" first and end with the positive second.

So just to remind people - our Vericoin booth was part of a bigger booth titled the "MN World Fair Expo 2023" aka Expo 2023. The purpose of Expo 2023 is to raise awareness/donations for Minnesota to host the World Fair in 2023. So part of the reason they were excited to have Vericoin be part of the booth was to display "future technology" like digital currencies and 3D printing (for example). So with that being said - they had our Vericoin booth tucked behind everything going on with Expo 2023. I was hoping we'd have more front and center space, which we did not, which was disappointing. I took to MS Paint with my pro graphics design skills to show what the set up looked like:

The brownish/red rectangles were the entrance to the building. Red lines was the way traffic was moving. The blue rectangle was our booth. The black circles on the outside black line was were Expo 2023 posted informational stations. And the orange circles were Expo 2023 volunteers.

With them being all over the place we had no chance to get people to actually come into the area and talk to us about Vericoin. So as a result we had to ditch hanging out behind a table and just force ourselves front and center to stay engaged with everyone walking by. The blue circles where were my friend Jake and I were mainly standing.

So with all that in mind - we basically stood front and center with the laminated Vericoin Flyers, business cards and our phones with VRC loaded into them in hand. Nothing really changed in the sense we talked to as many people as we could about VRC. The disappointing part was the fact we couldn't pull people in to sign-up for the drawing, which to be honest no one really was interested in doing anyway. Which meant we were unable to collect any information to follow-up with people on a mass scale.

So this second "bad piece" was by far the biggest issue of the whole day. There were times when no one could use their phones! We did not see this coming but due to the mass amount of people in such a compacted area (there were seriously tens of thousands of people everywhere) - there were times when no one could get 3G/4G connections to work. It was taking anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 minutes for people to actually get a connection and download the VRC wallet, at the best times! There were a handful of people who were patiently trying (one family stuck around for probably 15 minutes) but just straight up couldn't get a connection at all. We tried walking outside, going around the corner but no matter where you went there were just mass amounts of people everywhere!! So that was a huge unexpected surprise. For those who were interested in collecting some VRC but couldn't receive any - I handed them my personal information and asked them to contact me personally. There were about 5-6 people who seemed interested in following-up - we'll see if they do.

I will also admit when I am wrong. Both altcoinUK and buy4crypto talked days before the event how handing out $1-5 was so insignificant people wouldn't be interested. Being that I work marketing events all the time and see the hoops people will jump through to receive: a sticker, a free candy bar, a free pen, etc. - I thought we'd have no problem handing out $1-5 free dollars in Vericoin. Well they were absolutely correct that people had no interest in that. We had to bump the price tag up to $25/person and even then most people weren't interested in talking. So instead of doing the high volume/high mass interaction as we had planned - we changed gears and did the quality vs. quantity piece. The only people we handed out VRC to were people we spent a good 5-15 minutes talking to us which was really the time it took for them to get the wallet downloaded, account registered, and Vericoin sent over anyway. As a result - depending on how many people do actually follow-up. We have almost half our VRC stash 5,900 left over from the event. I'm going to leave this for another discussion but I am thinking there is 1 of 2 solutions to having this left over VRC. I'm happy to provide a refund to those who donated. Surprisingly enough I know where about 85% of the VRC came from - so given the fact we started the day with a little less than 12,000 VRC I can pretty much give back everyone 1/2 of what they donated. Or I can rollover this stash for the next event I have coming up on 9/4/14. I will only take feedback from those who donated as far as what to do with this. I am open to either idea.

Whew... ok. So I want to turn my attention towards what went well. For the matter of time/space I am going to be more brief on the good parts. I know I was a bit heavy on the details explaining what didn't go as planned above. But again, please realize we had a wonderful day and really felt the event went well. I am not just saying that because I ran it - it was an awesome day!

First piece being: we had some REALLY good conversations with a lot of people. Even though we didn't hand us as much VRC as we anticipated don't let that fool you into thinking we didn't talk to a lot of people, because we did! iPhones, dumbphones, no phones obviously kept many people from receiving any VRC during the event. We made sure to get them the proper information to read more about Vericoin, showed them the website, and gave them contact information to follow-up with, with any questions.

A big positive was the fact all the Expo 2023 volunteers were willing to help us pass out Vericoin business cards. So even though they did get in the way of blocking our booth and really had their own agenda - they were still nice in helping us pass out business cards and were helping pull people in to hear about Vericoin. That was a nice surprise. Also with the remaining 100-150 business cards we had - the Expo 2023 booth said to leave them there and that they would pass them out over the remaining 2 days.

Probably the best surprise of all was that we had a great interview with the Minnesota Secretary of State who was at the event briefly to help support Minnesota businesses. This is something that was recorded and will be edited down. As soon as I have a copy of this piece I will be passing it along to the Vericoin community. The best part of the interview was that he specifically continued to refer to Vericoin (not bitcoin) as a way to help businesses grow. All in all we recorded for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what the final piece will look like. We also had some great photos during the day - which again are coming from multiple sources and will be passed along when all collected.

I also talked to a few people who seem interested in investing some money into VRC. This is not on any large scale but I do believe as a result of the event we will be getting a few more thousand dollars invested in the coin. I am following up with these people personally and am going to help them get accounts set up to move forward.

I am going to just leave it at that for now. I know this is (another) long post by me. So much time and effort went into planning this event and I really do appreciate everyone help! I don't want to just forget about it and move on but at the same time - I have the next event for VRC coming up in 5 days! 9/4/14 I am hosting my bitcoin meetup's group next meeting to discuss all alt coins, obviously I'll be talking VRC - and should have a very engaging night, given the fact all people attending are already involved in the bitcoin community.

Hey Thanks for the time you put into this project. Veri decent of you to do. +1000000

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:36:36 PM

@Reavon

I am sorry to not writting anymore into this forum, because of obvious circumstances .
But to answer your question the conference i am invested to is on 2nd September , tommorow. Well your right it started today with a premeet up and tommorow there will be a Presentation held by several people and there are only 50 people invited me included.
on september the 3rd there will be a Bitcoineer and computer inthusiast meetup for everyone and there were over 1000 people last year so i will
be there aswell and handout vericoin also demonstrate the services and talk with people about vericoin and crypto as a whole. I wanted to visit that event even before vericoin was implemented, so i am visiting it mainly for my own interest and i think you all will agree that it is a good to represent vericoin aswell, since i am veriLeader in my region.

So everyone who wants to hear about the conferenece stay tuned on vericoinnews and vrcradio , also at veritalk because i wont put information into this thread.

Greetings
Reavon

Uups, sorry, thought it was this weekend. Best wishes for the coming up Event.

Grüße,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:26:40 PM

Hey Reavon,

I am going to make the call that those who donated for the fair would be more than happy to support the conference tomorrow on your behalf. I sent over 1,500 VRC to be handed out during the day. Thank you for everything you are doing!

I donated to Xosihc and I'm more than happy to have that passed on to Reavon.  Thanks to both of you!

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:54:04 PM

Hey Reavon,

I donated to Xosihc and I'm more than happy to have that passed on to Reavon.  Thanks to both of you!

TY for the feedback. With the German conference less than a day away it's hard to wait for feedback from the whole community. So far the response I have received (both private and public) has been to go forward to use the VRC for future hand-outs.
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:02:17 PM

Hey Reavon,

TY for the feedback. With the German conference less than a day away it's hard to wait for feedback from the whole community. So far the response I have received (both private and public) has been to go forward to use the VRC for future hand-outs.

Got my blessings, I would probably at this stage pass to Reavon, AS there is little or no time, as it is, and if Reavon's got any left over that could be used to go into the verifund. or maybe another upcoming project.?.

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:20:29 PM

Got my blessings, I would probably at this stage pass to Reavon, AS there is little or no time, as it is, and if Reavon's got any left over that could be used to go into the verifund. or maybe another upcoming project.?.

Well I did pass 1,500 VRC to Reavon this afternoon for his event. I have another event coming up this Thursday 9/4/14 which involves me talking about Vericoin to my local bitcoin meetup group. I have gotten some feedback from people who donated that it would be great to use the remaining VRC during that event as well - given they are already in the bitcoin world and possibly more interested in Vericoin that the average Joe.

I also have a few people who weren't able to receive VRC at the MN State Fair that are still interested in following-up later this week to receive some and talk about the idea. So I want to make sure to keep a little extra for them as well Smiley
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:37:13 PM

Well I did pass 1,500 VRC to Reavon this afternoon for his event. I have another event coming up this Thursday 9/4/14 which involves me talking about Vericoin to my local bitcoin meetup group. I have gotten some feedback from people who donated that it would be great to use the remaining VRC during that event as well - given they are already in the bitcoin world and possibly more interested in Vericoin that the average Joe.

I also have a few people who weren't able to receive VRC at the MN State Fair that are still interested in following-up later this week to receive some and talk about the idea. So I want to make sure to keep a little extra for them as well Smiley

Ahh yes indeed I forgot about that.

What you both have stepped up to do!. Is appreciated by many. I'm sure of that.

ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:51:10 PM

see how positive the thread is when theres no barabbas or altcoinUK.... SHUT DOWN THE THREAD AND START A MODERATED THREAD!!!!!!!

REAVON won't even post in here anymore and he's 100% right.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

now,why The price is very cheap Angry

Indeed a valid question. There are hundreds of investors would like to know the answer for this question, as we can see more and more visit this thread every day by asking the very same question.

Vericoin has been the biggest failure in the market this summer. The price is low, because there hasn't been progress nor software development for a long period of time. The three wannabe coin developers whom ability was limited to fork the Sunny King code are unable to develop the coin further - never mind real innovation that investors expected from the PhD students and MS developer. Consequently there's is no news nor information on progress and development, and the price has been going down. Hopefully the developers start working sooner than later and then the price could increase, but it will be not easy to regain the trust of the market.

Please let us know if you need any more info. :-)))

PS:
Don't take to your heart if the cheerleader brigade start calling you FUDder and insult you. The maximum 20 cheerleader users try everything to keep the status quo. 40% of them are complete idiot, 40% are scammers try to slow dumping their coin, 20% having a good intention but performed an incorrect analysis and don't understand the source of the problem. Anyway, the size of their group is insignificant compared to the hundreds of disappointed investors.

I'd also like to know why the price is very cheap :-(  is this a dead coin?

You see ... that's why the price is 8,800 Sat and the volume is an embarrassing 6 BTC, because there's no progress nor development whatsoever, but grown up men excited about how to distribute 1,500 VRC (US$ 60) at the German Bitcoin conference. I can imagine the face of the Bitcoin veterans from Switzerland and Germany when Reavon boy will start to explain what vericoin is and hand them over 500 VRC, US$ 20. Those bitcoin guys play with minimum a couple of thousands BTC on the exchanges, they now VRC inside out, as usual they had a look at the Sunny King fork to see what the devs did and since they understand vericoin is just a Sunny King fork they could not care less what VRC is - all that matters to them that VRC this is the biggest altcoin failure in this summer.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:22:58 PM

see how positive the thread is when theres no barabbas or altcoinUK.... SHUT DOWN THE THREAD AND START A MODERATED THREAD!!!!!!!

Oh please. There is nothing positive about the discussion of 5 delusional users. Why don't you worry about the hundreds of disappointed investors and growing number of investors that complain in this thread every day about the lack of progress?
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:54:06 PM

now,why The price is very cheap Angry

Indeed a valid question. There are hundreds of investors would like to know the answer for this question, as we can see more and more visit this thread every day by asking the very same question.

Vericoin has been the biggest failure in the market this summer. The price is low, because there hasn't been progress nor software development for a long period of time. The three wannabe coin developers whom ability was limited to fork the Sunny King code are unable to develop the coin further - never mind real innovation that investors expected from the PhD students and MS developer. Consequently there's is no news nor information on progress and development, and the price has been going down. Hopefully the developers start working sooner than later and then the price could increase, but it will be not easy to regain the trust of the market.

Please let us know if you need any more info. :-)))

PS:
Don't take to your heart if the cheerleader brigade start calling you FUDder and insult you. The maximum 20 cheerleader users try everything to keep the status quo. 40% of them are complete idiot, 40% are scammers try to slow dumping their coin, 20% having a good intention but performed an incorrect analysis and don't understand the source of the problem. Anyway, the size of their group is insignificant compared to the hundreds of disappointed investors.

I'd also like to know why the price is very cheap :-(  is this a dead coin?

You see ... that's why the price is 8,800 Sat and the volume is an embarrassing 6 BTC, because there's no progress nor development whatsoever, but grown up men excited about how to distribute 1,500 VRC (US$ 60) at the German Bitcoin conference. I can imagine the face of the Bitcoin veterans from Switzerland and Germany when Reavon boy will start to explain what vericoin is and hand them over 500 VRC, US$ 20. Those bitcoin guys play with minimum a couple of thousands BTC on the exchanges, they now VRC inside out, as usual they had a look at the Sunny King fork to see what the devs did and since they understand vericoin is just a Sunny King fork they could not care less what VRC is - all that matters to them that VRC this is the biggest altcoin failure in this summer.

Your such a drama queen! Lol Roll Eyes
Wreathy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:07:48 PM

Oh please. There is nothing positive about the discussion of 5 delusional users. Why don't you worry about the hundreds of disappointed investors and growing number of investors that complain in this thread every day about the lack of progress?

Can you compare this to another coin?.

Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: