Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696182 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:43:33 PM

Hello,
I am early investor/donator and would like to get the promised coins. Anyone got them so far?

Dev were talking about a delay for investor to get their coin...

560k coins that would be dumped would kill the project...

Is 560k the whole premine or just the IPO?

This entire thing is making me nervous i hope this is not going to turn into another scam.

1. where is the public address for the entire bulk of the coins?

2. is it split into 2% investors pot,  3% dev premine,  75% of the other coins are also premined?? where is the public address for this huge bulk of coins.

3. who has access to the coins?

4. who are these people.

why was all of this not on the OP just looks shady to me. You need full accountability when running this large of a project.

Who are these devs? what are their real ids?

Come on let's have some details and credibility for this coin? why was all of this not public to start with and why is nobody else even asking these questions?

Seriously if this turns into a scam the media attention could be a catastrophe for crypto in general.

A scam with a 7 months setup... I highly doubt it, + Standford wouldn't involved so much in the project if it was really a scam...

Why are the questions not being addressed?

I asked these days ago and yet the devs still have not posted the public address where the coins are held?

Who are these devs?

What will you say if a huge dump happens in a few months and they stop posting?

Of course i'm 75% sure they are not scammers else i would not be folding away. However it is reckless and thoughtless that they don't see fit to provide any accountability at all for this project.

Any other coin with such a MONSTER premine would be getting all kinds of questions by now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:05:50 PM

They did address it, you just missed it. Going from memory, the coins are held by the developers, who have registered an LLC as an accountable holding entity.

The only thing not provided yet is the address where things are held currently, but I suspect that will come soon. Investors will also be paid out soon.

The devs have openly invited people to follow them on Google Plus, where their real identities are quite visible.

There's some amount of trust involved, and I get that that's hard in the Crypto Community - everyone assumes everyone else is out to screw them for their coinage. But CureCoin is working to be transparent and accountable - additional transparency info is coming, and there's a blockchain explorer if you're interested in poking around (fan created and in beta - http://explorer.m3ct0n.net/).
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:08:03 PM

They did address it, you just missed it. Going from memory, the coins are held by the developers, who have registered an LLC as an accountable holding entity.

The only thing not provided yet is the address where things are held currently, but I suspect that will come soon. Investors will also be paid out soon.

The devs have openly invited people to follow them on Google Plus, where their real identities are quite visible.

There's some amount of trust involved, and I get that that's hard in the Crypto Community - everyone assumes everyone else is out to screw them for their coinage. But CureCoin is working to be transparent and accountable - additional transparency info is coming, and there's a blockchain explorer if you're interested in poking around (fan created and in beta - http://explorer.m3ct0n.net/).

Oh okay thanks, i will look through the thread.

Would be cool if they put all of that on the OP too.

AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:12:18 PM

Anyone knows who is the best folders in our team?
http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=224497&username=dime

He has only 9 clients active and his points are around 70mil PPD. I wonder what kind of monster machines does he have to get such enormous PPD.

Thanks in advance if someone could enlighten me.
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:14:11 PM

almost 1 billion points and 33% of the FaH points today, impressive  Shocked
LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:15:06 PM

http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=224497&username=dime

He has only 9 clients active and his points are around 70mil PPD. I wonder what kind of monster machines does he have to get such enormous PPD.

He's actually a moderator at curecoin.us - if he hasn't talked up his setup yet, I'm sure you can go ask. Offhand I couldn't tell you what he's running.
BlkdOut

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:16:03 PM

A lot of those points are from months ago, he averages around 4m a day which is nice setup none the less.
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:33:38 PM

Check out our shiny new interface and mine CureCoin with us

MineP.it CureCoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers start mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://cur.minep.it:3373 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Live coin prices (where available)
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:28:02 PM

Hello,
I am early investor/donator and would like to get the promised coins. Anyone got them so far?

This entire thing is making me nervous i hope this is not going to turn into another scam.

2. is it split into 2% investors pot,  3% dev premine,  75% of the other coins are also premined?? where is the public address for this huge bulk of coins.

4. who are these people.

why was all of this not on the OP just looks shady to me. You need full accountability when running this large of a project.

Come on let's have some details and credibility for this coin? why was all of this not public to start with and why is nobody else even asking these questions?

Seriously if this turns into a scam the media attention could be a catastrophe for crypto in general.

A scam with a 7 months setup... I highly doubt it, + Standford wouldn't involved so much in the project if it was really a scam...

I asked these days ago and yet the devs still have not posted the public address where the coins are held?

Who are these devs?

Of course i'm 75% sure they are not scammers else i would not be folding away. However it is reckless and thoughtless that they don't see fit to provide any accountability at all for this project.

Any other coin with such a MONSTER premine would be getting all kinds of questions by now.

The devs are not hiding... As he has said about 5 billion times he is on G+ Hangouts.
https://plus.google.com/+joshsmithCygnusXI/posts
I beleive the coins are in cold storage but now you have his contact again so ask him.
As for accountability Who are you for posting things like this over and over I want your ID now...
Please stop spamming the forum over and over the questions have been answered.
Anything else you wish to seek about this same topic try contacting him directly...

Go CureCoin!
dime

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:32:17 PM

A lot of those points are from months ago, he averages around 4m a day which is nice setup none the less.

This.

Better site to check points is at http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

I'm already down to 6th place in average ppd and dropping more. My setup isn't that much but I think will at least be consistent. A lot of my old points were earned while helping beta test the project back in Nov 2013.

As for other users that average similarly (300k pts/wu), they're likely running amazon instances. I don't think that's a great idea to do for such small % profit when most of the take ends up going to amazon. But people will do what is profitable.
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:36:02 PM

and im already 17/th and dropping fast ha. I like that site for stats.
And what happend to tcdonk? do you know?

Go CureCoin!
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:51:12 PM

Some 200 coins later it is already time for me to say good bye. I switched my little GPU power back to my home team.

Job well done from CygnusXI and his team. While it it obvious that CureCoin attracts quite a number of new users for folding, which is great for science, it is for the price of having a mono-team setup.

That's what I don't like so much.

I will continue looking after the project as it's linked to folding, which I really like. I will continue learning about the whole crypto currency thing, which I still not fully understand.

Keep folding ! Smiley
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:57:35 PM

Hi,

I have one GPU with it's WU stuck @ 99.99% for several hours now. I paused the other GPU for 30min and no change. i seen this problem from another user but he didn't get an answer. Should I select that GPU and use the "Finish" option,reboot the PC? Project is 13001
pause the miner then completely close down the client. wait 10 seconds and open it again. That normally fixes it for me

I have the same problem
2 of cards folding 14h to 99.99% and they are idle 9h. and dont want to finish.
My PC have same problem - I paused and restart - after 2h everythig was OK byt only with 6000 credits (for R9 290x) ?!?!

kqpahv posted some information directly from the folding forums about this a few pages back.

The issue you are seeing with the WU that appear to be stuck at 99.99% is actually a sync issue in the client.  What is actually happening is that your GPU has encountered an issue.  You can confirm this by looking at the log tab inside the FAH Control client for the specific work unit and you will see it actually stopped updating long before 99.99%.  I had no errors in my logs and didn't see any errors in Windows event viewer but the data being sent in the log stopped long before the 99.99%

The problem is almost guaranteed to be an overclocking problem on your graphics cards.  I had to tone my R9 290X TRI-X cards down to standard 290X speeds.  One computer still had hung work units so I slowed the core clock speed down to 990 MHz instead of 1000 and will keep dropping it until the GPU's can handle the work.  Keep in mind these cards were factory over clocked but that made no difference with folding.  The overclocking got in the way and actually slowed down my WU submission.

TLDR:  Lower your GPU clock and memory speeds until the "hung WU" issue no longer happens.  As a reference I'm using a core clock speed of 1000 MHz and memory clock of 1250 on my R9 290X TRI-X cards (much lower than the factory defaults).  Even at these speeds I still had to reduce the core clock speed on two of these cards down more to 990 MHz and will continue to lower them 10 MHz at a time until the work units get submitted without incident.

stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:08:37 PM

Hello,

4. who are these people.

Who are these devs?

Most these questions have already been answered https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6688632#msg6688632
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 03:23:01 PM by ChasingTheDream

Some 200 coins later it is already time for me to say good bye. I switched my little GPU power back to my home team.

Job well done from CygnusXI and his team. While it it obvious that CureCoin attracts quite a number of new users for folding, which is great for science, it is for the price of having a mono-team setup.

That's what I don't like so much.

I will continue looking after the project as it's linked to folding, which I really like. I will continue learning about the whole crypto currency thing, which I still not fully understand.

Keep folding ! Smiley

Sorry to see you go! The information you have provided for folding has been quite helpful.  I'm new to folding so I can't say much about the teams but I would like to try to encourage your team to join CureCoin.  At least you have the chance to recover the cost of doing what you are going to do anyway.  It is a win / win!

I plan on using my hardware to fold from now on.  I didn't like "mining" because of the waste of energy and honestly the heat.  The difference in heat generated between Scrypt mining and folding with the exact same hardware is stunning.  I no longer need additional AC cooling to offset the heat generated and the basement doesn't sound like being inside a tornado anymore.  I would love to see all crypto's move toward the CureCoin model of scientific research for your coins and imagine this will expand in the future.
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:24:46 PM

[/quote]

kqpahv posted some information directly from the folding forums about this a few pages back.

The issue you are seeing with the WU that appear to be stuck at 99.99% is actually a sync issue in the client.  What is actually happening is that your GPU has encountered an issue.  You can confirm this by looking at the log tab inside the FAH Control client for the specific work unit and you will see it actually stopped updating long before 99.99%.  I had no errors in my logs and didn't see any errors in Windows event viewer but the data being sent in the log stopped long before the 99.99%

The problem is almost guaranteed to be an overclocking problem on your graphics cards.  I had to tone my R9 290X TRI-X cards down to standard 290X speeds.  One computer still had hung work units so I slowed the core clock speed down to 990 MHz instead of 1000 and will keep dropping it until the GPU's can handle the work.  Keep in mind these cards were factory over clocked but that made no difference with folding.  The overclocking got in the way and actually slowed down my WU submission.

TLDR:  Lower your GPU clock and memory speeds until the "hung WU" issue no longer happens.  As a reference I'm using a core clock speed of 1000 MHz and memory clock of 1250 on my R9 290X TRI-X cards (much lower than the factory defaults).  Even at these speeds I still had to reduce the core clock speed on two of these cards down more to 990 MHz and will continue to lower them 10 MHz at a time until the work units get submitted without incident.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply and info! I will take your adivce, One more odd thing,when I tried the pause and restart suggestion,when the client had stopped everything the progress on the WU in question dropped back to 58%,restart and it jumped fright back to 99.99%

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:31:40 PM

Thanks for the reply and info! I will take your adivce, One more odd thing,when I tried the pause and restart suggestion,when the client had stopped everything the progress on the WU in question dropped back to 58%,restart and it jumped fright back to 99.99%

I've found that restarting the computer without pausing the client first resets the work units more reliably than when I pause it first.  Additionally keep in mind the 58% is just where the WU had actually crashed before.  The 99.99% is just cosmetic.  It means nothing except the client has lost track of where it at with that particular WU.  It will eventually resync but it can take hours.

Try to restart your computer without pausing the folding first.  That seems to jar it back into resetting the issue and trying again but make sure you adjust your GPU clock settings first or you are just going to run into the issue again.
Cheena

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:46:42 PM

So far so good, Loving this Project, Why ?

• Helping science by folding
  • Making money
  • Rigs are nice and cool

HODL !
dime

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:51:31 PM

I will be overtaken shortly. But for now, I am the person with the most points in the team that has highest ppd. Smiley
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:52:55 PM

I've found that restarting the computer without pausing the client first resets the work units more reliably than when I pause it first.  Additionally keep in mind the 58% is just where the WU had actually crashed before.  The 99.99% is just cosmetic.  It means nothing except the client has lost track of where it at with that particular WU.  It will eventually resync but it can take hours.

Try to restart your computer without pausing the folding first.  That seems to jar it back into resetting the issue and trying again but make sure you adjust your GPU clock settings first or you are just going to run into the issue again.

Thanks again,I put the cards back to default,they were running at my normal minning OC settings. I'll let them go for the rest of the afternoon and see what happens.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: