Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150686 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:54:49 PM

Has anyone else noticed a doubling of the time needed to mine a block since about the beginning of the month?

I was getting a block every three days, now it's more like six. So is it everyone or I just got unlucky?

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:04:22 PM

Has anyone else noticed a doubling of the time needed to mine a block since about the beginning of the month?

I was getting a block every three days, now it's more like six. So is it everyone or I just got unlucky?

It's funny you should mention this, because I plotted the network difficulty against time just a few hours ago. I was looking to see how my recent movement of >50% of the CLAMs from one wallet to another had affected things. "Not much" was the answer - it shows as a short dip to 22 on the right of the chart.

Anyway, here's the plot:

As you can see, it has been pretty stable for the last few months. It waves up and down several times a day, but the average doesn't appear to me to be increasing very quickly, and so I guess the increase in time between blocks you've noticed is mostly bad luck.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 12:59:58 AM

I think people should know the history behind sites like this, but CLAM is about freedom of speech.  Having a thread removed in regards to this is pretty much breath taking... this thread was supposed to only be self modded in order to keep people from trying to post fake CLAM clients  Lips sealed & spam.  I would hardly say the first post about a new service is anywhere near spam.

I do not believe enough investigation has been done against this company to have such strong opinion as to prevent my freedom of speech.  I think the CLAM community should support CLAM services regardless of what they are at this point.  

If people want to spend their internet pirate monies like that... who are we to stop them?

The post must have been removed by BitcoinTalk moderators, as it was not removed by anyone involved with CLAM.

EDIT:

Though it is quite obviously a scam.

EDIT #2:

And I was quite honestly considering removing it myself Tongue
Chose not to; in the interest of non-censorship or what-not.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 01:30:02 AM

The post must have been removed by BitcoinTalk moderators, as it was not removed by anyone involved with CLAM.[/size]

Those fuckers.

Well glad to see you stand behind your thoughts of free speech.  

I truly appreciate your dedication to freedom & everything else.  Millions of other people will as well in the future.  Smiley  

My bad!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 01:32:00 AM

The post must have been removed by BitcoinTalk moderators, as it was not removed by anyone involved with CLAM.[/size]

Those fuckers.

Well glad to see you stand behind your thoughts of free speech.  

I truly appreciate your dedication to freedom & everything else.  Millions of other people will as well in the future.  Smiley  

My bad!

I like the clamspeech function for this. You can send a message that will be stored for the life of CLAM (and beyond in the blockchain)

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 02:09:50 AM

Hi I am new to the forums. However I am not new to bitcoin, programming, hacking, and the like.

I have forked freewil/node-bitcoin on github to create daxxog/node-clamcoin. I hope this will serve as an excelent tool for those interested in building nodejs based CLAM applications.

To install:
Code:
npm install clamcoin

Have any questions/suggestions? Shoot me a bitmessage: BM-2cXVhsskpZEkEdqM6SydRhSC3hwt3QCuJF

Thank you for joining us! 
We can use all of the help we can get Grin

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:39:12 PM

Turns out yesterday the Prime-dice & XMR fan boy Bitcointalk mod "mpreps" took the offensive removing a number of my Pro CLAM posts and other posts.

We need to stop this kid where he stands.

Keep him out of the CLAM thread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1026785.0

(Creative I was doing my once a day CLAM community adoption post & testing withdraws... hard to do that when some asshole who doesn't even like CLAMS bans me! Tongue)

ALSO:

Having issues with withdraws from that cryptosplit place.

Be careful!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 02:33:35 AM

Turns out yesterday the Prime-dice & XMR fan boy Bitcointalk mod "mpreps" took the offensive removing a number of my Pro CLAM posts and other posts.
We need to stop this kid where he stands.
Keep him out of the CLAM thread!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1026785.0
(Creative I was doing my once a day CLAM community adoption post & testing withdraws... hard to do that when some asshole who doesn't even like CLAMS bans me! Tongue)
ALSO:
Having issues with withdraws from that cryptosplit place.
Be careful!

I understand your position, even agree from a perspective of idealism.
Further, I will not delete your most recent post quoted above, just as the original post all of this fuss is about was not deleted.

That said, I admittedly considered deleting the original post, as it was almost certainly a scam.  I chose not to delete the post primarily because dooglus did an eloquent and fine job of warning thread readers about the post.  However, the link in the referenced post WAS a referral link, and it WAS a link to a nefarious (questionable at BEST) service.  Within those bounds alone, I believe mprep was likely within moderator rights to delete the post.

As an aside, there has been a time or two where I also felt mprep may have been over-zealous in moderating this sub-forum.  (?)He was messaged to inquire about the removal, the reasoning was not entirely sound in my opinion but he had the decency to respectfully respond and his argument was defend-able within the terms we agree to when we participate on this forum.

In short, CLAM does not support censorship - however, in this particular case, I agree with dooglus' interpretation: it was a sour affiliate link, that could have resulted in harming an unsuspecting user.

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:22:37 AM

What was the census date for the clam distribution, and what balance did your btc ltc doge addresses need to have?
thanks
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:33:18 PM

What was the census date for the clam distribution, and what balance did your btc ltc doge addresses need to have?
thanks

The address needed to be funded on 12th, May 2014. You simple need a balance above "dust" levels for each of the coins. I am not sure the exact numbers offhand but whatever is considered dust for each of the coins.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:00:46 PM

Is there an expiration date for claiming Clams?
kolloh
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:44:03 PM

Nope, there shouldn't be any expiration date on claiming them. They basically just sit unclaimed until they are claimed.
no141

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:25:51 PM

Nope, there shouldn't be any expiration date on claiming them. They basically just sit unclaimed until they are claimed.

How could they expire? I don't think, or hope, that's even possible. Clams sit at those addresses, just as if you sent your bitcoins to a paper wallet for extended safekeeping. What I would like to understand how it's known when they are claimed--before they are moved away from those seeded addresses.

kolloh
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:42:14 PM

How could they expire? I don't think, or hope, that's even possible. Clams sit at those addresses, just as if you sent your bitcoins to a paper wallet for extended safekeeping. What I would like to understand how it's known when they are claimed--before they are moved away from those seeded addresses.

Pretty sure its just a bitcoin address that is mapped to a clam address that already has the clams within it.

Claiming it, is simply generating the clam address from the bitcoin key which allows you to add that clam address to your wallet. You could choose to send those clams elsewhere or leave them in that address. If they are moved to another clam address, pretty sure you wouldn't be able to tell if someone had "claimed" them by creating that address.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:08:08 PM

They could expire by the CLAM developers deciding that "after block 500,000 any CLAMs which haven't moved since block 10,000 are no longer spendable", and the rest of the network accepting their decision and switching to the new client version.

There's no way anyone can know if you claim your CLAM but don't move it. It looks exactly the same as if you don't claim it. But most people will either start staking their claimed CLAM or move them to an exchange. Attempting to stake isn't detectable, but successfully staking is. Once your claimed output stakes it shows up as spent, and a new unspent (larger) output is created. That's how we 'detect' which coins are active.

It's possible that there are thousands of CLAMs that have been claimed but never moved. There's no way we can know about those until they stake or otherwise move.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:13:11 PM

Claiming it, is simply generating the clam address from the bitcoin key which allows you to add that clam address to your wallet. You could choose to send those clams elsewhere or leave them in that address. If they are moved to another clam address, pretty sure you wouldn't be able to tell if someone had "claimed" them by creating that address.

Take a look at the CLAMs which were distributed in block 5001 (just as a random example):

http://khashier.com/tx/9aeedbc1c717956deebfce90e359243cb642c8caea297c56f0f3b9f3eb0321a8

Most of the 4.6 outputs haven't moved since they were created, but a few have. In this screenshot we see just one of the first few outputs has been 'spent':

So we can't tell that an output is 'claimed' until the initial-distribution output is spent. That happens when you move your claimed CLAMs anywhere or when you successfully stake a block with them.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:17:22 PM

I was happy to see how well the CLAM market dealt with having 20k CLAM dumped into it yesterday:

The price has mostly recovered already.

Usually when someone withdraws a bunch from Just-Dice to sell on the exchange, the CLAMs are bought up by Just-Dice players and/or investors and quickly find their way back onto Just-Dice. This time it's different, and only 8k or the 20k have come back to Just-Dice. I'm curious about what happened to the other 12k. I wonder whether they are being held by trading bots on poloniex who bought up the coins cheap during the dump and are waiting for the price to recover fully before offloading them at a profit. Or maybe the dump went to old existing buy orders placed by people who don't check the exchange regularly, and so they didn't yet discover that their hopeful low buy orders actually got filled.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:21:24 AM

so satoshi has what like 1 million clams just sitting there... lol wow

i like this coin tbh actually not a premined scamcoin like NXT or the others

this coin is legit and i might acquire some.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:32:19 AM

That is likely not the case.
CLAMs were distributed evenly to all addresses associated with a balance above dust.

"Satoshi" likely does control CLAMs, but a large balance in BTC, LTC, DOGE does not guarantee a large balance in CLAM.

Thanks for the vote of appreciation Grin

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:49:31 PM

The initial distribution gave a little over 4.6 CLAMs to each funded BTC address. Assuming Satoshi has 1 million BTC from mining 20,000 blocks at 50 BTC each, and assuming each block's coinbase has a different address he would have around 4.6 * 20k = 92k CLAM.

Still nothing to sneeze at.

And the coin was "pre-mined" - it's just that after the pre-mine it was then given out to everyone rather than hoarded.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: