Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:19:30 PM

Are you a witch or something? That's uncanny...

No.
You are nothing, if not thorough and detail oriented.
You are just predictably driven to such mathematical wizardry. (Thankfully Wink)
In other news, dooglus was turned into a frog today. CLAM bounty will be paid to the princess who kisses him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:23:47 PM

Are you a witch or something? That's uncanny...

No.
You are nothing, if not thorough and detail oriented.
You are just predictably driven to such mathematical wizardry. (Thankfully Wink)
In other news, dooglus was turned into a frog today. CLAM bounty will be paid to the princess who kisses him.

SMOOCH!!!!

Arauco

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:10:11 PM

Hello Clams,
I installed the Clam client.
I transfered some coins from Poloniex to my new wallet, everything fine.
I made a backup of my wallet on a pen drive.
I installed Clam client on a second computer.
I tried to import my wallet.dat on the second computer.
It doesn't work, I get the message: Error parsing wallet.dat.
What do I wrong, can anybody help me please???
I just want to be sure not to loose my coins in case of a computer crash.
Both computers are mac osx.
Thank you
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:14:14 PM

Hello Clams,
I installed the Clam client.
I transfered some coins from Poloniex to my new wallet, everything fine.
I made a backup of my wallet on a pen drive.
I installed Clam client on a second computer.
I tried to import my wallet.dat on the second computer.
It doesn't work, I get the message: Error parsing wallet.dat.
What do I wrong, can anybody help me please???
I just want to be sure not to loose my coins in case of a computer crash.
Both computers are mac osx.
Thank you

How did you make the backup?

You shouldn't copy wallet.dat while the wallet is running.

You should either:

1) shut down the wallet, make sure it has fully stopped, then copy the wallet.dat
2) pick 'backup wallet' from the file menu (or wherever it has moved to now) inside the Qt wallet
3) use "clamd backupwallet" to make a backup

I'm guessing that you may have just copied the wallet.dat file while it was in use. That is liable to give you a corrupted wallet.dat file.

Note also that it's not really OK to run the same wallet.dat on two different computers. It's OK if all you are doing is checking to see if the pen drive backup is working, but if you want to run two wallets, you should use two completely separate wallets. Otherwise you'll run into problems once the first 100 addresses in the keypool have been used up, since the two copies will generate different addresses after those first 100. You'll start seeing different balances on the two machines because they have different ideas of which "change" addresses they each own.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Arauco

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Thank you very much Dooglus, much appreciated.
My problem is solved. Smiley

AngelLox

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:03:14 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 01:39:40 PM by AngelLox

Hi, i wanted to invest in clams, and i wanted some clarifications.
Do i have to split them in blocks or is it automated? With 150 clams, how many can i expect to make back?
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:13:42 PM

whats wrong with this guys

wallet v1.4.10

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:21:54 PM

wallet v1.4.10

Looks fatal.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:26:08 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 10:38:29 PM by dooglus

Do i have to split them in blocks or is it automated? With 150 clams, how many can i expect to make back?

You don't have to split it into blocks, but it will stake better if you do. Each time a block stakes, it takes 8 hours (510 blocks) to mature. During those 8 hours it isn't trying to stake. If your 150 CLAMs was in a single block, that's 8 hours wasted.

Suppose you split your 150 CLAMs into ten blocks of 15 CLAMs each. Each block would take 10 times longer on average to stake, but there's 10 of them trying, so it about evens out. And when one of them does stake, one those 15 CLAMs (actually 16 now) will be idle for 8 hours. The other 135 CLAMs will continue trying to stake.

By default the client will automatically split any block into two roughly equal halves any time it stakes twice in 24 hours. That's the default splitting behaviour, but it seems too conservative. Your 150 CLAMs is unlikely to stake twice in any 24 hour period, and so maybe wouldn't be automatically split.

As a rule of thumb, we expect a block of 500 CLAMs to stake about once per day at the moment, earning 1 CLAM when it does so. That's an expected return of about 0.2% per day.

Here's a good example of how it works in practice (click 'show more transactions' at the bottom 4 or 5 times to get to the end). The richest non-JD CLAM address was funded with 4 large deposits (lines 1, 2, 3, and 10 counting from the bottom of the image below), and left to stake and split with the default settings. Read from the bottom up, and you can see how the 5000 CLAM deposit split into two 2499.5 blocks, then the 3000 deposit split into two 1500.5 blocks, etc. Each split makes the staking more efficient, since the 8 hour delay from staking freezes less CLAMs each time it happens.

Note that you can edit clam.conf in the same folder as your CLAM wallet.dat and set these two variables to control splitting and recombining:

Code:
splitsize=10
combinelimit=5

Those tell the client to split each block it stakes into multiple blocks of size 10, and to combine any blocks smaller than 5.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
AngelLox

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:42:21 AM

You don't have to split it into blocks, but it will stake better if you do. Each time a block stakes, it takes 8 hours (510 blocks) to mature. During those 8 hours it isn't trying to stake. If your 150 CLAMs was in a single block, that's 8 hours wasted.

Suppose you split your 150 CLAMs into ten blocks of 15 CLAMs each. Each block would take 10 times longer on average to stake, but there's 10 of them trying, so it about evens out. And when one of them does stake, one those 15 CLAMs (actually 16 now) will be idle for 8 hours. The other 135 CLAMs will continue trying to stake.

By default the client will automatically split any block into two roughly equal halves any time it stakes twice in 24 hours. That's the default splitting behaviour, but it seems too conservative. Your 150 CLAMs is unlikely to stake twice in any 24 hour period, and so maybe wouldn't be automatically split.

As a rule of thumb, we expect a block of 500 CLAMs to stake about once per day at the moment, earning 1 CLAM when it does so. That's an expected return of about 0.2% per day.

Here's a good example of how it works in practice (click 'show more transactions' at the bottom 4 or 5 times to get to the end). The richest non-JD CLAM address was funded with 4 large deposits (lines 1, 2, 3, and 10 counting from the bottom of the image below), and left to stake and split with the default settings. Read from the bottom up, and you can see how the 5000 CLAM deposit split into two 2499.5 blocks, then the 3000 deposit split into two 1500.5 blocks, etc. Each split makes the staking more efficient, since the 8 hour delay from staking freezes less CLAMs each time it happens.

Note that you can edit clam.conf in the same folder as your CLAM wallet.dat and set these two variables to control splitting and recombining:

Code:
splitsize=10
combinelimit=5

Those tell the client to split each block it stakes into multiple blocks of size 10, and to combine any blocks smaller than 5.
Thanks a lot, you cleared a lot of things up Wink
DomenicoRomano

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:31:45 AM

If I download the clam client how to I determine that it is not malware?  I don't want to turn on a alien keylogger.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:55:36 AM

If I download the clam client how to I determine that it is not malware?  I don't want to turn on a alien keylogger.

After 156 pages of posts about CLAMs, I think if it were malware someone would have figured it out.  Just make sure you download the client from the OP

SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 01:35:32 AM

After 156 pages of posts about CLAMs, I think if it were malware someone would have figured it out.  Just make sure you download the client from the OP

The vote of confidence is appreciated Grin

As you suggested, the code has likely now been vetted by many people.

Of course, you can always review the code yourself - if you are capable of doing so.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
DomenicoRomano

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:25:57 AM

If I download the clam client how to I determine that it is not malware?  I don't want to turn on a alien keylogger.
After 156 pages of posts about CLAMs, I think if it were malware someone would have figured it out.  Just make sure you download the client from the OP

Of course, you can always review the code yourself - if you are capable of doing so.

But how do I know that code that has been vetted is what was compiled?  There is no checksum delivered with the binary.  Do I need to compile it myself?
tryphe

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:34:38 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 10:40:41 AM by tryphe

But how do I know that code that has been vetted is what was compiled?  There is no checksum delivered with the binary.  Do I need to compile it myself?

This is a very good point that not too many people even address to themselves. I believe the gitian (a deterministic build platform) compile method is used to create these binaries, so xploited(dev/host) may be able to provide the hashes. If you can get it to compile with gitian, you can match the hashes for yourself.

There hasn't really been any demand for it that I've seen in the 8 months that I've known the CLAMS family(so to speak  Smiley) for, so it simply hasn't been done. I've seen zero reports of malware infected CLAMS clients (fingers crossed), not to say it can't happen. Typically those who are worried want to compile it themselves, just for the matter of principal. It's the clear and only option I would recommend if you are in anyway worried that the binaries aren't clean, or are simply claiming clams. If you are using Linux, you'll probably need to compile it anyhow for the dependencies.
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:40:42 PM

wallet v1.4.10

Looks fatal.

i was used v1.4.7 and working well

when trying install v1.4.10 and 1.4.11 64/32 bit thats error was show up
my os is win7 64 bit

than i'll back used v1.4.7 and working well sync very fast

is this happen just me or everyone

v.1.4.10 32 bit working on win 7 32 bit there is no error

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:25:47 PM

wallet v1.4.10

Looks fatal.

i was used v1.4.7 and working well

when trying install v1.4.10 and 1.4.11 64/32 bit thats error was show up
my os is win7 64 bit

than i'll back used v1.4.7 and working well sync very fast

is this happen just me or everyone

v.1.4.10 32 bit working on win 7 32 bit there is no error

The message suggests it's unable to open the leveldb. I can't imagine that stuff changed between v1.4.7 and v1.4.10, so I'm stuck for an explanation.

I don't have the same problem, but I'm not using Windows. I build my own executables.

Can anyone confirm that the 64 bit v1.4.11 Windows executable linked in OP works for them, and whether it works on a blockchain written by v1.4.7 previously?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:20:46 PM

If I download the clam client how to I determine that it is not malware?  I don't want to turn on a alien keylogger.
After 156 pages of posts about CLAMs, I think if it were malware someone would have figured it out.  Just make sure you download the client from the OP

But how do I know that code that has been vetted is what was compiled?  There is no checksum delivered with the binary.  Do I need to compile it myself?

I didn't post the gitian build hashes when I built it as no one ever asks for them and no one other then me and allejuppa have ever actually compiled the client through gitian to compare hashes (they matched btw).
I am more then happy to provide them, and if you use gitian to build the build hashes will match and it will build deterministically right from the git repo.  I'll recompile today and post the hashes for you.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:23:04 PM

I didn't post the gitian build hashes when I built it as no one ever asks for them and no one other then me and allejuppa have ever actually compiled the client through gitian to compare hashes (they matched btw).
I am more then happy to provide them, and if you use gitian to build the build hashes will match and it will build deterministically right from the git repo.  I'll recompile today and post the hashes for you.

Don't forget to move the git tag if you didn't already. I seem to remember you had to make a new commit to get it to build on Windows but didn't move the tag.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
blueshoe

Activity: 277

<space>

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:33:01 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 06:55:25 PM by blueshoe

Thanks for 4.6 13,x Clams!
It was a multibit btc adress.
What i read here ... Coinbase dont work? There i would have another 4.6 clams.
edit:
Just looked ... i have 2 coinbase adresses. The other one got 4.6 clams also.
edit2:
wow ... i'm rich .. i got with my very first bitcoinqt adress some and with my very old blockchain.info adress some.
so 13,... x clams now. there must be some more then dust in this btc adresses i have to look ....
Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: