Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:32:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150762 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:13:25 PM

Yes, that worked. I first had to create a clam.conf file with server=1 in it to be able to unlock and then the importprivkey worked, but I got no Clams  Angry
I guess I just had 'dust' on my addresses

I meant for you to type 'walletpassphrase' in the same debug console you showed in your screenshot, but using the 'clamd' interface works too.

It's possible your DOGE were in a 'change' address on the day the snapshot was taken. You might want to try importing the whole DOGE wallet (after unlocking your CLAM wallet, as before). That will cause it to check all the change addresses you might own too.

Ok, this is what I have tried now. I enter walletpassphrase XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 3600 and press enter. This seems to work. I then go and choose import the wallet.dat from the Dogecoin directory:
/Users/family/Library/Application Support/Dogecoin/wallet.dat (I am using a Mac) - the only 'special' character is the 'space' and I get the same JSON error as before. I have attached two screen shots:

Soooooooon...............

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tryphe

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:33:12 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 12:48:58 AM by tryphe

Yes, that worked. I first had to create a clam.conf file with server=1 in it to be able to unlock and then the importprivkey worked, but I got no Clams  Angry

I meant for you to type 'walletpassphrase' in the same debug console you showed in your screenshot, but using the 'clamd' interface works too.

It's possible your DOGE were in a 'change' address on the day the snapshot was taken. You might want to try importing the whole DOGE wallet (after unlocking your CLAM wallet, as before). That will cause it to check all the change addresses you might own too.

Ok, this is what I have tried now. I enter walletpassphrase XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 3600 and press enter. This seems to work. I then go and choose import the wallet.dat from the Dogecoin directory:
/Users/family/Library/Application Support/Dogecoin/wallet.dat (I am using a Mac) - the only 'special' character is the 'space' and I get the same JSON error as before. I have attached two screen shots:

Right, this was a bit of an oversight since we didn't expect Unix paths to contain spaces(we didn't have a Mac build at the time). If you place the wallet.dat in a path with no spaces, you should be able to use File->Import Wallet properly. That will let you scan all of the change addresses in your wallet without manually entering them. You won't need to use walletpassphrase either. Hope that helps.  Smiley
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:18:59 AM

Hi there, I am just new to CLAMS and have a question

Do I need to have a complete CLAM coin in order to get the possibility to receive a CLAM for staking?

In other words, I have only managed to get 0.06 CLAM from faucets and selling some dogecoins. Woudl I get some benefit from staking or it is absolutely needed to have mor CLAM?

I do know that 1 CLAM every minute is distributed randomly in proportion of CLAM staked, but I do not know if having a fraction of a CLAM makes you ellegible.

Thanks in advance.

You'd be better off making a account at Just-dice and staking along with the group. (unless you are fucking lucky)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:34:20 AM

Yes, that worked. I first had to create a clam.conf file with server=1 in it to be able to unlock and then the importprivkey worked, but I got no Clams  Angry

Right, this was a bit of an oversight since we didn't expect Unix paths to contain spaces(we didn't have a Mac build at the time). If you place the wallet.dat in a path with no spaces, you should be able to use File->Import Wallet properly. That will let you scan all of the change addresses in your wallet without manually entering them. You won't need to use walletpassphrase either. Hope that helps.  Smiley

Yes, I copied the wallet.dat to another directory and did the import bit and I got one transactions:

Date: 13/06/2015 07:40
To: xLteUZZQa4RLvEv54mfQUYM8CxA3rNdi2T (own address, label: importwallet)
Credit: 4.60545574 CLAM
Net amount: +4.60545574 CLAM
Transaction ID: da947cc0f2ce70f5d40bed208bf49a7f889e5e60fd915e65e98c4620d5124501-000

Thank you  Grin

Soooooooon...............
tryphe

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:49:44 AM

Yes, that worked. I first had to create a clam.conf file with server=1 in it to be able to unlock and then the importprivkey worked, but I got no Clams  Angry

Right, this was a bit of an oversight since we didn't expect Unix paths to contain spaces(we didn't have a Mac build at the time). If you place the wallet.dat in a path with no spaces, you should be able to use File->Import Wallet properly. That will let you scan all of the change addresses in your wallet without manually entering them. You won't need to use walletpassphrase either. Hope that helps.  Smiley

Yes, I copied the wallet.dat to another directory and did the import bit and I got one transactions:

Date: 13/06/2015 07:40
To: xLteUZZQa4RLvEv54mfQUYM8CxA3rNdi2T (own address, label: importwallet)
Credit: 4.60545574 CLAM
Net amount: +4.60545574 CLAM
Transaction ID: da947cc0f2ce70f5d40bed208bf49a7f889e5e60fd915e65e98c4620d5124501-000

Thank you  Grin

Awesome!  Wink I'll make a bug report on this. Cheers!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:50:56 AM

Do I need to have a complete CLAM coin in order to get the possibility to receive a CLAM for staking?

No, but the probability of staking decreases if you have smaller amounts.

500 CLAMs will stake about once per day.
1 CLAM will stakes about once per 500 days.
So 0.06 CLAMs will stake about once per 22 years.

You might get lucky, but it's probably not worth even trying.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:05:20 PM

I'm officially an idiot. I installed clamd on one of my development servers and sent about .3 BTC worth of clam to it to stake, then I just recently reinstalled the operating system, accidentally deleting the wallet files without thinking.

...and they weren't imported from BTC addresses.

Boohoo.

No, but the probability of staking decreases if you have smaller amounts.

1 CLAM will stakes about once per 500 days.
So 0.06 CLAMs will stake about once per 22 years.

You might get lucky, but it's probably not worth even trying.

For those BTC-oriented, 500 CLAM is about 2.85BTC.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:28:58 PM

For those BTC-oriented, 500 CLAM is about 2.85BTC.

It doesn't really matter. If 500 X stakes 1 X per day, that's a gain of 0.2% per day. It doesn't really matter what the X's are worth (so long as it's constant) since you're making 0.2% per day no matter what.

Turns out the price of CLAM is on the rise against BTC for whatever reason and so you're making a little more than 0.2% per day at the moment. The numbers will decrease over time as the stake rate is fixed targetting 1 CLAM per minute, and the total supply is increasing.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:51:52 AM

I'm officially an idiot. I installed clamd on one of my development servers and sent about .3 BTC worth of clam to it to stake, then I just recently reinstalled the operating system, accidentally deleting the wallet files without thinking.

Boohoo.

What OS were you using? Is undelete an option?

Wonder if anyone has written a utility to scan raw sectors and pull out plausible looking coin keys? I just had a quick look at my clam wallet.dat, and there are strings which could be used to quickly locate the contents of the deleted file, such as "main", "keymeta", and "pool."
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 04:07:46 AM

Boohoo.
Wonder if anyone has written a utility to scan raw sectors and pull out plausible looking coin keys? I just had a quick look at my clam wallet.dat, and there are strings which could be used to quickly locate the contents of the deleted file, such as "main", "keymeta", and "pool."

A very good option - though it almost sounds like it was a cloud-based/server-as-a-service situation Sad

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:47:40 AM

Boohoo.

A very good option - though it almost sounds like it was a cloud-based/server-as-a-service situation Sad

I think I've seen tools before which scan for private key information. The on-disk format of a private key has a lot of static bytes in it I think (unless of course you encrypted the wallet, in which case that's less likely to be true - though then the 'keymeta' and such will still be in the clear.

Do cloud-based server providers wipe the hard drives before provisioning a 'new' server? Or is there a possibility that you can scan the 'free' space on your new server and scan for the previous owner's wallet data?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
rakesh.technorizen

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:14:53 AM

I am new here, i am looking for php api here,

also i have few questions.

1.) How to know any address has Clams ?
2.) How to valid address for Clams ?
3.) Is there any PHP API for developer ?

What PHP API? You can interact with the wallet using it's server function (server=1) and JSON-RPC PHP, a free library for running JSON-RPC commands with PHP.

Thanks for reply, but it will be pleasure  to me if you give a example

with use json_rpc client

can you post php code with json rpc client how to use send clams to other address

Help me please.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:15:56 AM

Do cloud-based server providers wipe the hard drives before provisioning a 'new' server? Or is there a possibility that you can scan the 'free' space on your new server and scan for the previous owner's wallet data?

It came out a couple of years ago that by default, digitalocean do NOT wipe customer data when they delete their VM, so it was possible for future customers who were allocated the same space to access the remnants.

https://github.com/fog/fog/issues/2525
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6983097

I think they've changed this behaviour now, but I'm not sure.

Along similar lines: I once requested that a second hard drive be added to my dedicated server. The tech doing it was nice enough to mount the drive and add it to fstab, which meant that a previous customer's data (!) was immediately and easily accessible. They didn't bother to zero fill it.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:19:19 AM

What PHP API? You can interact with the wallet using it's server function (server=1) and JSON-RPC PHP, a free library for running JSON-RPC commands with PHP.

with use json_rpc client

can you post php code with json rpc client how to use send clams to other address

Help me please.

Code:
<?php

require_once 'jsonRPCClient.php';

$coinrpc = new jsonRPCClient("http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@127.0.0.1:30174");

// getinfo

$rv $coinrpc->getinfo();

var_dump($rv);

// sendtoaddress

$rv $coinrpc->sendtoaddress($clamaddress$amount);

?>

rakesh.technorizen

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:40:03 AM

with use json_rpc client

Help me please.

Code:
<?php

// getinfo

$rv $coinrpc->getinfo();

var_dump($rv);

// sendtoaddress

?>

Thanks for reply sir , but i am facing another problem , i tried 1.) khashier.com/ 2.) http://blockexplorer.com/ 3.) also clam client network

there is no option for username and password

how i will create username and password in these sites ?
Nht5alusio

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:48:02 AM

op says they sent clams to over 3.1 million unique addresses of btc, ltc and that other thing.
did op manually copy and paste and send to all 3.1 million addresses?
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:51:31 AM

Code:
<?php

// getinfo

$rv $coinrpc->getinfo();

var_dump($rv);

// sendtoaddress

?>

Thanks for reply sir , but i am facing another problem , i tried 1.) khashier.com/ 2.) http://blockexplorer.com/ 3.) also clam client network

I believe that khashier.com and blockexplorer.com only show transactions. AFAIK, they do not hold any value for third parties (ie, they're not a bank)

The sample source code that I posted assumes you have a CLAM client running on the same computer. The username and password would be contained within clam.conf. If the user/pass are not already there, you can edit the file and add them manually:

rpcuser=CHOOSE_A_USERNAME
rpcpassword=CHOOSE_A_PASSWORD
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:52:14 AM

Run 'clamd'. It will tell you something like:

Error: To use clamd, you must set a rpcpassword in the configuration file:
/home/rakesh/.clam/clam.conf
It is recommended you use the following random password:
rpcuser=clamrpc
rpcpassword=8SJafhJF75k2GM2tFxjAsMGhS8GdBou2aH4QVEWjGqx8
(you do not need to remember this password)
The username and password MUST NOT be the same.
If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.
It is also recommended to set alertnotify so you are notified of problems;
for example: alertnotify=echo %s | mail -s "Clam Alert" admin@foo.com

Those are the username and password: whatever you put in the clam.conf file.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
rakesh.technorizen

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:53:28 AM

Code:
<?php

// getinfo

$rv $coinrpc->getinfo();

var_dump($rv);

// sendtoaddress

?>

I believe that khashier.com and blockexplorer.com only show transactions. AFAIK, they do not hold any value for third parties (ie, they're not a bank)

The sample source code that I posted assumes you have a CLAM client running on the same computer. The username and password would be contained within clam.conf. If the user/pass are not already there, you can edit the file and add them manually:

rpcuser=CHOOSE_A_USERNAME
rpcpassword=CHOOSE_A_PASSWORD
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Thank you sir
rakesh.technorizen

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:21:00 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 01:41:42 PM by rakesh.technorizen

Run 'clamd'. It will tell you something like:

Error: To use clamd, you must set a rpcpassword in the configuration file:
/home/rakesh/.clam/clam.conf
It is recommended you use the following random password:
rpcuser=clamrpc
rpcpassword=8SJafhJF75k2GM2tFxjAsMGhS8GdBou2aH4QVEWjGqx8
(you do not need to remember this password)
The username and password MUST NOT be the same.
If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.
It is also recommended to set alertnotify so you are notified of problems;
for example: alertnotify=echo %s | mail -s "Clam Alert" admin@foo.com

Those are the username and password: whatever you put in the clam.conf file.

Thanks you, it was great help for me , but what is this now

most of this web-services not working

https://blockchain.info/api/json_rpc_api
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: