Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150660 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Devar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:41:25 PM

Haha, really, if people are going to give away their private keys then by all means... go for it...  Huh  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
closesat315am

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:21:00 PM

Haha, really, if people are going to give away their private keys then by all means... go for it...  Huh  Shocked

umm, yeah we are going to give away our private keys

simple instructions:

1. make a copy of your wallet.dat to use for CLAM
2. create a new address and send your coins there
3. safely import your previous copy of wallet.dat into your CLAM wallet and just don't use the old addresses anymore

DOGECOIN: D6MTLa1aMNHiuSv776FX28RezvhDVPHxFg much wow and thank you
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:29:33 AM

simple instructions:
3. safely import your previous copy of wallet.dat into your CLAM wallet and just don't use the old addresses anymore

Yeah Sad

It seems some people are either incapable of understanding, or choose to not listen Tongue

Ah well, here we are -> CLAMS to the world.
Take it or leave it, they are your CLAMS; and should be waiting for you if or when you decide to claim them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:12:50 AM

Is khashier going to have stats soon?
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:27:06 AM

Indeed. 
Not a whole lot to report at the moment, unfortunately.

We've been hoping for an exchange with some volume to begin the trading scripts.
Just been stacking BTC in the meantime.

If you'd like to PM your CLAMS address, I would be happy to throw some info your way.

Just hate to turn all the scripts on, buy CLAMS at the current prices @ AGX.io, and start populating the database.

phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:36:37 AM

Indeed. 

We've been hoping for an exchange with some volume to begin the trading scripts.

If you'd like to PM your CLAMS address, I would be happy to throw some info your way.

Just hate to turn all the scripts on, buy CLAMS at the current prices @ AGX.io, and start populating the database.
Makes sense.  Probably no rush.  I was just thinking some simple miner hashrate stats and stuff might be nice in the meantime.
mistress

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:43:19 AM

simple instructions:

hi! I apologize for my noob question... i use bitcoin core... Can i move my btc to another address but in the same client? do i understand right? thx to all of u!
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:47:30 AM

Indeed.  
Makes sense.  Probably no rush.  I was just thinking some simple miner hashrate stats and stuff might be nice in the meantime.

yeah, we get it.
We really do.

We had some long talks early on about stats at the pool.
Initially we displayed what coin we were mining and a wealth of other statistics.

The problem is, how much can you display without giving away what coin your mining, and all the market manipulation carry-on baggage that comes with that....
I will put some thought into breaking some stats out of some of the other work, as a stand-alone stop-gap while we wait.
Don't mean to brush anyone off by any means Smiley
All-time investment in the pool is incrementing away in the database and watched daily.
Just a matter of putting some CLAMS in the wallet, so they can be paid-out Grin

Haha, really, if people are going to give away their private keys then by all means... go for it...  Huh  Shocked
simple instructions:
hi! I apologize for my noob question... i use bitcoin core... Can i move my btc to another address but in the same client? do i understand right? thx to all of u!

No need to apologize at all Smiley

You can move your BTC to ANY address in ANY client.
You can send your BTC to an exchange and buy an Altcoin (preferably CLAMS Grin).

All that matters is that there was BTC in the wallet when we did our dumps, which was a bit of time ago now.

Where that BTC is NOW, doesn't matter even a smidgeon!

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 10:10:57 AM

Still think folks are under-estimating CLAMS  Cheesy

We intend to keep developing along -> with our next release the OSX wallet.
After that, maybe an Android wallet.
After that, maybe a decentralized lottery built into the Client? Who knows.

What people fail to realize with CLAMS is that:

Users == Mining.

With more exposure will come more users.
With more users will come more CLAMS.
With more CLAMS will come more volume.
With more volume will come more users...

I think that self-feedback loop should be self-explanatory.
And remember, every single BTC/LTC/DOGE user is a potential CLAMS user.

Just a couple CLAMS for your consideration.

Until then, we will continue fiddling, and developing.

Cheers!

U4guk

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:49:56 AM

Please tell me how to start earning reward POS? Wallet should always be enabled? And as in wallet increase "Stake" coin? Stake : 0.00 CLAIM (
closesat315am

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:21:24 PM

i'd like to add another voice to the this doesn't seem like a scam crowd. on friday i mostly emptied some of my ltc, doge, and btc wallets but left a little dust in them. i've successfully imported those wallets and now have clams in my wallet. none of the little bits of coin that i left in the addresses that i've imported have been stolen or anything.

DOGECOIN: D6MTLa1aMNHiuSv776FX28RezvhDVPHxFg much wow and thank you
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:28:32 PM

i'd like to add another voice to the this doesn't seem like a scam crowd. on friday i mostly emptied some of my ltc, doge, and btc wallets but left a little dust in them. i've successfully imported those wallets and now have clams in my wallet. none of the little bits of coin that i left in the addresses that i've imported have been stolen or anything.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

It appears an over-zealous moderator has recently decided to Scarlet Letter the OP Post with a big red "Go Away" warning.

We understand the hesitation: but a simple difference check between the code of BlackCoin and CLAMS would have CLEARLY proven that users have nothing to worry about from CLAMS.

I am thankful they didn't just delete it; but wish they would have bothered to contact us first.

At least give us a chance to PROVE it is legitimate and there is nothing to worry about.

Please tell me how to start earning reward POS? Wallet should always be enabled? And as in wallet increase "Stake" coin? Stake : 0.00 CLAIM (

Yes staking should, and has been, occurring automatically.
Chance to stake is roughly (size of output * age of coins).
You can check your stake weight in the console by typing "getstakinginfo".

Hope that's helpful!

maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:16:51 PM

I can confirm that, at least up till now, I haven't had any coins stolen. I left some in my doge wallet, and they are still there.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:22:47 PM

I can confirm that, at least up till now, I haven't had any coins stolen. I left some in my doge wallet, and they are still there.

Thank you very much.
The more that can confirm this, the less we will have folks spreading FUD  Embarrassed Cry

litecoinlover654

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:42:28 PM

great innovation i am ready to join it but please tell me that if i have a new btc address never receive or send transaction from it can i still claim some clams.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:44:11 PM

great innovation i am ready to join it but please tell me that if i have a new btc address never receive or send transaction from it can i still claim some clams.

Sorry!

That would have allowed people to literally generate a million empty addresses and then get millions of CLAMS.

If an address did not have a balance about two weeks ago when the dumps were completed, then unfortunately there won't be any CLAMS.

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:06:45 PM

I want to try this out but can you tell me what ratio i will get clams for dogecoin? Like i have 10k dogecoins in my wallet, how many clams i ll get for that amount of dogecoins?  Roll Eyes
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:15:50 PM

I want to try this out but can you tell me what ratio i will get clams for dogecoin? Like i have 10k dogecoins in my wallet, how many clams i ll get for that amount of dogecoins?  Roll Eyes

Sure!

CLAMS were distributed ~4.6 per address with a balance.  So if you had received coins in multiple piles, then you would get multiple "shares", so to speak.  The actual balance in the Dogecoin wallet doesn't matter. 

This was to prevent folks like the U.S. government, who last I checked had seized over 150,000 BTC, from getting all the CLAMS Cheesy

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:18:45 PM

Sure!

CLAMS were distributed ~4.6 per address with a balance.  So if you had received coins in multiple piles, then you would get multiple "shares", so to speak.  The actual balance in the Dogecoin wallet doesn't matter. 

This was to prevent folks like the U.S. government, who last I checked had seized over 150,000 BTC, from getting all the CLAMS Cheesy

LOL.. So you mean its same if i swap wallet.dat with just 1 dogecoin balance also i ll get 4.6 CLAMS?
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:44:56 PM

Sure!
LOL.. So you mean its same if i swap wallet.dat with just 1 dogecoin balance also i ll get 4.6 CLAMS?

To a point.

Super low balances were stripped from the send entirely.

In addition, larger balances will normally be made up of more "piles" or outputs, unless they are all a single incoming transaction.
Thus they would receive more "shares" on average.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: