Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

I cant get it to work no matter what i try. I get a debug fail 6 when i try multibit and dogewallet doesnt work at all.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:20:08 AM

Terribly sorry for the delay in responding to questions in the thread.

With the holidays and the upcoming update, the development team has been a bit busy!

I will be looking through the responses on the thread and responding to them all shortly, thank you for your patience Smiley

-SuperClam

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:57:43 AM

Lovely idea but I am a bit technically impaired to get my clams.. Grin I am in poloniex trollbox though, I might get a few free..

Unique coin... and the name is terrific.

You have to overwrite the clam wallet with your, for example, a copy of your LTC wallet...
And then, from the command line, run "clam-qt --salvagewallet".

The LTC wallet COPY is processed, backed-up, and a new clam wallet is created...
Almost always containing 4.6 clams worth about $1.00...
So I wouldn't touch my BTC wallet for a few pennies...

But, who knows, stranger coins have caught on... and been pumped to da moon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And within an hour I got an "interest earned" payout of 0.14% on my 4.6 clameroos. What is this?
silicon_chip

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:11:49 AM

what do you mean 3. Run clam-qt.exe with the --salvage wallet argument.??  I dont understand what is salvage wallet argument
tnx

Go to your Clam wallet.
Open a command prompt and type in clam-qt.exe --slavagewallet

In Windows to open a command prompt , hold down the Shift key and right click in a blank area of the folder where you want to open the prompt.
Then scroll down untill you get to the  Open Command Window Here  option. Left click it.
You will now have a black box with a command prompt.

Type in   clam-qt.exe --slavagewallet

Your clam wallet should open.

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I will not strike an unarmed opponent.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:39:17 AM

I am not quite sure where this sentiment is coming from...
First of all, a responsible exchange would keep the majority of their coins in what are called "Cold Wallets".
The transaction which moves the coins to that cold wallet, would cause them to LOSE any CLAMS they might get from the deposits that make it up.
Further, I think the fact that we do not even HAVE an exchange yet, makes all of this a bit silly.... don't you?...?
wondering here as in op you say you can move your coins OUT to another wallet and still get clams for past transactions...
and here you say "The transaction which moves the coins to that cold wallet, would cause them to LOSE any CLAMS they might get from the deposits that make it up."
which is which  ?

The Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin block chains are not referenced in real time.  There is no interaction between the different chains.  The Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin block chains were dumped and processed shortly before launch and the CLAM distribution was frozen in time at that time.  So, the process of taking multiple "outputs" of CLAMS and accruing them into a single key would essentially opt-out an exchange from receiving CLAMS for the vast majority of their "outputs".  Indeed, in our conversation with Poloniex (who seem to responsibly handle their user's funds), their share of CLAMS was significantly smaller than would have been the case had they not combined outputs.  Thankfully for their users, they did still receive a small share of CLAMS - which they intend to distribute out to their users.

Very impressed with the honesty and character of Poloniex for this reason alone. They are the first and only exchange to do so.

Any transaction NOW, will not affect your share of CLAMS what-so-ever, as the block chain analysis on Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin is frozen in time.  This is why, moving your Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin to a separate wallet will not make you lose your distribution of CLAMS: it is only transaction gathering multiple "outputs" into a single wallet BEFORE the distribution and launch of CLAMS that would negatively affect your share.

they dont involve girls...they hire for 5$ on fiverr...
now..for multibit paranoid scumbags aka trollers....
click -> file -> new wallet.. name it ( new wallet) click receive get address....copy... click back on old wallet... click send ...paste your new address -> send ALL your coins to new address -0.001 -> click export -> unprotect -> save...
open the file..gather all the addresses you see...open clam ..debug -> console.. importprivkey <ADDRESSHERE> without the <>... do this for all addresses you had in old wallet...
et voila... your coins are safe in a new wallet file + you ge tclams...
for the non tech out there

Thanks for the How-To!  That is essentially the process, yes Grin

Concerning the "girls":
If there are any gals out there who would like to help promote CLAMS, we are happy to help!
The one gal on our Dev team is just not the mascot-gal type  Tongue

The currency time for a long time, now what circumstance?

Hope I am translating properly:

We launched CLAMS with whisper a bit ago.  Unfortunately, CLAMS is a horse-before-the-cart type of situation.  You see: when a user clams their CLAMS they are essentially minting the initial moneySupply.  This means that Users(Demand)==CLAMS(Supply).  We hope that this will aid CLAMS in maintaining a bit more of a balanced price-point at market - that was the hope anyways.  It also, however, means that CLAMS is an extremely small distribution crypto at the moment.  This makes it very difficult to push large volume.  However, with volume comes more users, and with more users comes more volume.... I think you get the point.

We are moving slowly and steadily, and as a development team: are still working hard on CLAMS.

also...
running a diff in balck vs clam /src/base58.h ~-402,10
   void SetSecret(const CSecret& vchSecret, bool fCompressed){
         assert(vchSecret.size() == 32);
-        SetData(128 + (fTestNet ? CBitcoinAddress::PUBKEY_ADDRESS_TEST : CBitcoinAddress::PUBKEY_ADDRESS), &vchSecret[0], vchSecret.size());
+       SetData(fTestNet ? PRIVKEY_ADDRESS_TEST : PRIVKEY_ADDRESS, &vchSecret[0], vchSecret.size());
         if (fCompressed)
             vchData.push_back(1);}
why change from pubkey to priv key ?
btw to check diff ( theres a few but no call home functions found i used :
git clone URLGITBLACKCOIN
cd blackcoin
git remote add -f b URLCLAMGIT
git diff master remotes/b/master
git remote rm b
Sigh... did you try reading the code before posting dumb questions?
line 282:   SCRIPT_ADDRESS = 5,
line 410:   PRIVKEY_ADDRESS = CBitcoinAddress::SCRIPT_ADDRESS + 128,
line 414:   PRIVKEY_ADDRESS_TEST = CBitcoinAddress::PUBKEY_ADDRESS_TEST + 128,
Nothing harmful here when you look at what this actually is.
Everyone calm down, it's tested and verified, get your CLAMS and ignore that other 100mil coin project.  Come to Poloniex today!!!

Thank you very much for the vote of confidence, everyone Smiley
Indeed, the referenced code change is not a risk what-so-ever to your Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin.

Awhile ago, a moderator on bitcointalk.org added a big red warning at the top of this announcement post.

We promptly requested (in a big green "everything is okay" message below it) that if anyone could point out a place in the code that made CLAMS capable of stealing anyone's coins - we would promptly DELETE CLAMS entirely.

To the moderator's credit, the warning was removed (Thank you, by the way).

I think the fact that no one has taken us up on that offer should be evidence enough for those who are concerned.

Phew!  
Still a couple more posts to respond to -> have some other social things to take care of; will be back in a bit to finish up responding.
Thank you everyone for being involved!

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:31:28 AM

There is any faucet?

No faucet yet, but Poloniex intends to do a giveaway of the small portion of CLAMS they received.
Hope everyone who has a chance to take part in it says, "Thank You!"

In addition, over 3 million people were given CLAMS during our distribution -> there is good chance you were one of them if you are involved in Crypto.

Finally, if you have the ability to set-up a faucet; I am sure everyone would greatly appreciate it!

*cough cough*bitmixer.io*cough*

*cough cough* Please don't advertise un-related services on our thread.  You are only the second time we have exercised our "Self-Moderated" function. *cough cough*

Create a CLAMS mixer, and we will be more than happy to list it in the OP thread!

how much is the total coins
"moneysupply" : 14954000.02096215
I guess a significant portion of it will never be claimed.

Indeed, that is the total money supply given that every single Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin user claims their CLAMS becomes a CLAMS user.

In addition, there are many privateKeys which have been lost or abandoned; so even then the distribution would be much less.

CLAMS is an extremely small distribution coin at the moment: likely less than 10,000 total.

I can only put 1 Wallet.dat file ? Can I put 3 wallet.dat file from bitcoin lite and doge?

In order to claim CLAMS from multiple BTC, LTC, or DOGE wallet.dat files the process is:

Copy and paste a CLAMS receive address some where you won't lose it.

Import a wallet.dat

Send the CLAMS from that wallet to the receive address you copied down.

Repeat for all wallet.dat files.

Load-up the wallet.day file for the address that you copied down.

See all your CLAMS!

I've added CLAM to AUR (arch user repository): https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/clam-git/
Received 4.6 CLAMS Smiley Thanks.

Thank you so much! Smiley
We really need all the help we can get -> it is much appreciated!

Lovely idea but I am a bit technically impaired to get my clams.. Grin I am in poloniex trollbox though, I might get a few free..
I cant get it to work no matter what i try. I get a debug fail 6 when i try multibit and dogewallet doesnt work at all.

We hope you do too! Grin

It really isn't all that difficult to get your CLAMS....

Please, anyone who is having difficulty, head on over to the reddit.com subreddit /r/CLAMClient.
That is probably a better forum for personal help. 
Just make a new post asking for help (make sure you post all the details of what you have tried and where you are stuck).

Unique coin... and the name is terrific.
You have to overwrite the clam wallet with your, for example, a copy of your LTC wallet...
And then, from the command line, run "clam-qt --salvagewallet".
The LTC wallet COPY is processed, backed-up, and a new clam wallet is created...
Almost always containing 4.6 clams worth about $1.00...
So I wouldn't touch my BTC wallet for a few pennies...
But, who knows, stranger coins have caught on... and been pumped to da moon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And within an hour I got an "interest earned" payout of 0.14% on my 4.6 clameroos. What is this?

Grin Grin Grin

The "Interest Earned" payment you are referring to has to do with Proof-Of-Stake.
Everyone's ~4.6 CLAMS have been accruing age since launch, even if they weren't "claimed".
That makes them more likely to stake.

Thanks for the compliment on the name!

In other news, we are still hard at work on CLAMS.

We have two updates in the pipeline.
One aims to change how Proof-Of-Stake functions, giving your average user with a smaller pile of CLAMS a fair shake and the chance to strike it CLAM rich.
The other, we hope, will shake crypto and make CLAMS easier to use and more useful than any other crypto in existence  Grin

The second is, however, a bit farther out.

In addition, expect an OSX release at roughly the same time as the first update.

SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

I keep getting the error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transactiondata or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I just copied the BTC wallet.dat into the CLAM folder in C:\Users\Mobile User\AppData\Roaming\Clam. I get the same error pasting the DOGE wallet.dat.

Do I need to rename the BTC wallet.dat or do I need to extract the privkeys?

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:49:01 AM

I keep getting the error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transactiondata or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I just copied the BTC wallet.dat into the CLAM folder in C:\Users\Mobile User\AppData\Roaming\Clam. I get the same error pasting the DOGE wallet.dat.

No need to extract privKeys or anything.
The issue you are seeing has to do with the extra meta-data that a wallet.dat file contains.
Essentially, the CLAM client is looking for all the BTC transaction history that you had in the wallet - the problem is, they don't exist in the CLAMS network.

Adding the --salvagewallet argument when you run CLAMClient should solve your problem.

If you know how to use the command-line/DOS, just run the program clam-qt.exe --salvagewallet

If you do not, you can right-click and create a shortcut for the clam-qt.exe file.

Then, right-click the shortcut and click "properties".

You will see a field titled "Target:".

Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.
Then, save your changes to the short-cut.

Finally, run the clam-qt.exe shortcut you made once, and it if everything worked properly you should see your CLAMS.

In the future, you do not need to run the short-cut - just click the normal clam-qt.exe file.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:49:23 AM

Guys, I think it is easy to exploit this wallet. I haven't tested it but I will soon. My post got deleted that told you how. The dev does not want to face this fact. Perhaps he is using the exploit to get clams for himself to later sell.
SpeedDemon13

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:50:24 AM

The issue you are seeing has to do with the extra meta-data that a wallet.dat file contains.
Essentially, the CLAM client is looking for all the BTC transaction history that you had in the wallet - the problem is, they don't exist in the CLAMS network.

Adding the --salvagewallet argument when you run CLAMClient should solve your problem.

If you know how to use the command-line/DOS, just run the program clam-qt.exe --salvagewallet

If you do not, you can right-click and create a shortcut for the clam-qt.exe file.

Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.

Finally, run the clam-qt.exe shortcut you made once, and it if everything worked properly you should see your CLAMS.

In the future, you do not need to run the short-cut - just click the normal clam-qt.exe file.

I used the command line and still got that error.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
SpeedDemon13

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:02:45 AM

My simple mistake, I misspelled "salvage" and put "salavage" instead...LOL....Got it....Thanks

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:04:58 AM

My simple mistake, I misspelled "salvage" and put "salavage" instead...LOL....Got it....Thanks

Sure! No problem at all!

We made no pre-mine -> did this as a gift to the crypto-community; but that gift has no value if folks can't get their CLAMS Tongue

SpeedDemon13

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:05:58 AM

Sure! No problem at all!

We made no pre-mine -> did this as a gift to the crypto-community; but that gift has no value if folks can't get their CLAMS Tongue

So, this only works with BTC, LTC or DOGE? Or can others work too?

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:08:23 AM

Sure! No problem at all!

Just BTC, LTC, and DOGE.

At the time we did the distribution, there wasn't a single coin that had anywhere even near as many users as those three.
I would be willing to bet that there still isn't.

SpeedDemon13

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:11:41 AM

Sure! No problem at all!

Just BTC, LTC, and DOGE.

At the time we did the distribution, there wasn't a single coin that had anywhere even near as many users as those three.

There is DRK and VRC that have high volume.

phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:39:28 AM

Trading volume, maybe... but that's a silly stat to look at.  It's doubtable either has anywhere near the userbase size of BTC, LTC, and Doge, tho.

DRK and VRC are both rather gimmicky coins too - DRK, for example, had a MASSIVE instamine, and a significant portions of coins are in the hands of a few individuals.

CLAMs is a coin based on wide distribution in the existing crypto communities.
Bitkol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:41:22 AM

Hello and good luck with project, got my Clams and still have my BTC for the people that do not think it is safe. You can also transfer Btc to an exchange and make a new wallet just to be safe. Also with the --slavagewallet, easy to make a .bat file in the same folder where the clam-qt.exe is and put  clam-qt.exe --slavagewallet inside the bat file. Am also mining at the pool and would like to see information on my miner. Thanks and good luck.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 04:07:22 AM

Sure! No problem at all!
Just BTC, LTC, and DOGE.

Indeed, there are many good coins Grin

And yet, this distribution was done some time ago, and even now both of those coins are almost orders of magnitude smaller when it comes to active addresses on the chain.

We chose the three coins that we believed had the most unique users based on our block chain analysis.

We understand that this isn't perfect for everyone  Cry

ymod123

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:14:23 AM

Sure! No problem at all!

so when I put the wallet.dat from bitcoin or ltc  to this location  "C:/Users/<YOUR_USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
there will be 2 wallet.dat file in the folder???
because when i run the clam qt it will generate wallet.dat  and plus I will add wallet.dat from ltc or btc
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:17:17 AM

Sure! No problem at all!
so when I put the wallet.dat from bitcoin or ltc  to this location  "C:/Users/<YOUR_USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
there will be 2 wallet.dat file in the folder???
because when i run the clam qt it will generate wallet.dat  and plus I will add wallet.dat from ltc or btc

Please make sure you back-up any wallet.dat files that have coins in them BEFORE you do any copying at all!

But yes, after starting the CLAMClient, an empty wallet.dat file will be generated.  If you have more than one wallet.dat you want to IMPORT, then copy down a receive address from your CLAMS wallet, and back it up to a safe place.  Then move the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin wallet into the folder and import, sending the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down from the wallet file you have backed up safe and sound.

Does that make any sense?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: