Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:48:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150750 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:21:45 AM

Otherwise, if you are only importing a single wallet.dat file, it is fine to overwrite the EMPTY wallet.dat file created when CLAMS starts.

Again, please make sure you back-up any wallet files that have coin in them before you copy ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ymod123

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:26:54 AM

I keep getting the error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transactiondata or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I just copied the BTC wallet.dat into the CLAM folder in C:\Users\Mobile User\AppData\Roaming\Clam. I get the same error pasting the DOGE wallet.dat.
Do I need to rename the BTC wallet.dat or do I need to extract the privkeys?
No need to extract privKeys or anything.
The issue you are seeing has to do with the extra meta-data that a wallet.dat file contains.
Essentially, the CLAM client is looking for all the BTC transaction history that you had in the wallet - the problem is, they don't exist in the CLAMS network.
Adding the --salvagewallet argument when you run CLAMClient should solve your problem.
If you know how to use the command-line/DOS, just run the program clam-qt.exe --salvagewallet
If you do not, you can right-click and create a shortcut for the clam-qt.exe file.
Then, right-click the shortcut and click "properties".

You will see a field titled "Target:".
Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.
Then, save your changes to the short-cut.
Finally, run the clam-qt.exe shortcut you made once, and it if everything worked properly you should see your CLAMS.
In the future, you do not need to run the short-cut - just click the normal clam-qt.exe file.
I used the command line and still got that error.
My simple mistake, I misspelled "salvage" and put "salavage" instead...LOL....Got it....Thanks
Sure! No problem at all!
We made no pre-mine -> did this as a gift to the crypto-community; but that gift has no value if folks can't get their CLAMS Tongue
So, this only works with BTC, LTC or DOGE? Or can others work too?
so when I put the wallet.dat from bitcoin or ltc  to this location  "C:/Users/<YOUR_USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
there will be 2 wallet.dat file in the folder???
because when i run the clam qt it will generate wallet.dat  and plus I will add wallet.dat from ltc or btc

Please make sure you back-up any wallet.dat files that have coins in them BEFORE you do any copying at all!

But yes, after starting the CLAMClient, an empty wallet.dat file will be generated.  If you have more than one wallet.dat you want to IMPORT, then copy down a receive address from your CLAMS wallet, and back it up to a safe place.  Then move the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin wallet into the folder and import, sending the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down from the wallet file you have backed up safe and sound.

Does that make any sense?
"Then move the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin wallet"Huh do u mean the wallet.dat  into the clam folder?     "and import"? what do u mean import?

xP4YymhtLY6J4dgrkrpwmh1biH6dUBkwwb   this is my clam receive address  i  copied from received in clam qt  "Back it up in safe place" you mean save it in a note pad? the address?

ymod123

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:29:37 AM

Otherwise, if you are only importing a single wallet.dat file, it is fine to overwrite the EMPTY wallet.dat file created when CLAMS starts.

Again, please make sure you back-up any wallet files that have coin in them before you copy ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.

it works now....yeheyyy i claim some...

but I only put 1 wallet.dat from doge

question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet
is there any clam i can claim?
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:35:04 AM

mine now i have
wallet.dat and wallet(2).dat
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?

Okay, lets start from the beginning.

The first time you start CLAMClient, it will create an empty wallet.dat file.
Write down a receive address from this wallet.
Then, close down the CLAMClient, and copy the wallet.dat, which holds the receive address you just wrote down to a safe place (Like renaming it wallet(2).dat).

Now, copy in the wallet.dat from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin.

Then, start CLAMClient with --salvagewallet

Send the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down/copied.

Stop the CLAMClient.

Move you bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin wallet.dat file out of the folder and put back in your original CLAMS wallet.dat file.

Finally, start clam-qt.exe normally (only need --salvagewallet once when your finding your CLAMS).

You should see your CLAMS Smiley

ymod123

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:40:29 AM

mine now i have
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?

Then, close down the CLAMClient, and copy the wallet.dat, which holds the receive address you just wrote down to a safe place (Like renaming it wallet(2).dat).

Stop the CLAMClient.

Move you bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin wallet.dat file out of the folder and put back in your original CLAMS wallet.dat file.

Finally, start clam-qt.exe normally (only need --salvagewallet once when your finding your CLAMS).

I manage now with 1 wallet.dat  i got some clam already

please see the my other question above thread..
thanks a lot...

question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet
Abitcoinfuture

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:44:13 AM

Wallet works great, not a scam I still have my coins in all the wallets I used, I got 18 clams and trying to buy more, this is rare and great trophy coin goodluck everyone!!! Go Poloniex!
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:46:41 AM

mine now i have
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?
Stop the CLAMClient.
thanks a lot...
question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet

If your wallet had Bitcoin in it when we launched, in May, then there should be CLAMS waiting to be found there too Smiley

ymod123

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:47:56 AM

Wallet works great, not a scam I still have my coins in all the wallets I used, I got 18 clams and trying to buy more, this is rare and great trophy coin goodluck everyone!!! Go Poloniex!

the wallet should have coins on it enabale to claim clam?
ymod123

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:50:07 AM

mine now i have
Stop the CLAMClient.
thanks a lot...
question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet

If your wallet had Bitcoin in it when we launched, in May, then there should be CLAMS waiting to be found there too Smiley

wow you make me more excited more lol....i claim a lot of clam already with 1 wallet.dat....i hope the other coi that i have will have more...
ymod123

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:03:42 AM

mine now i have
Stop the CLAMClient.
thanks a lot...

I ALREADY CLAIM NOW WITH DOGE WALLET.DAT NOW WHEN I CLICK IN RECEIVING ADRESS IN THE CLAM WALLET.. I DONT HAVE RECEIVING ADDRES???
Apostle4444

Activity: 832
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:12:09 AM

mine now i have
Stop the CLAMClient.
thanks a lot...

I ALREADY CLAIM NOW WITH DOGE WALLET.DAT NOW WHEN I CLICK IN RECEIVING ADRESS IN THE CLAM WALLET.. I DONT HAVE RECEIVING ADDRES???

I had the same issue so added a new address and restarted the client and hey presto the old address also shows up.
Apostle4444

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:39:56 AM

No idea whether or not i'm mining on http://khashier.com/ you guys need to get stats up asap. I see the net rates go up and down all the time and it's prolly due to that one unanswered question.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:34:34 AM

Nice idea and all but i give up. I tried several times and no clams. Either i didnt get any or somethings wrong.
When i try to import the data from multibit saves i get "Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)"
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 08:41:13 AM

Nice idea and all but i give up. I tried several times and no clams. Either i didnt get any or somethings wrong.
When i try to import the data from multibit saves i get "Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)"
Please, visit us at the Clams Sub-Reddit.
Give as much detail as you can, and we are happy to try and help you figure out what is going on.

Also, it is important to note that the wallet you are attempting to claim your CLAMS with needed to have coins back in May when CLAMS was launched.

You may also private message us here at the forum here if you would prefer, and we will do our best to get you straightened out!

No idea whether or not i'm mining on http://khashier.com/ you guys need to get stats up asap. I see the net rates go up and down all the time and it's prolly due to that one unanswered question.

Honestly, the pool had not been doing great as of late and we have been focusing on development with the client itself and the upcoming updates.

In light of the Poloniex listing, I would expect some rudimentary stats pretty darn soon Tongue  
In the meantime, if you want some personal information you can PM us with your clams address/worker name, and we can give you whatever information you might need to hold you over Grin

Apostle4444

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:49:20 AM

Honestly, the pool had not been doing great as of late and we have been focusing on development with the client itself and the upcoming updates.

In light of the Poloniex listing, I would expect some rudimentary stats pretty darn soon Tongue  
In the meantime, if you want some personal information you can PM us with your clams address/worker name, and we can give you whatever information you might need to hold you over Grin
[/quote]

PM Sent.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 10:24:32 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 10:36:21 AM by SuperClam

We added a super temporary Worker Stats page at khashier.com

Worker Stats

We intend to improve the stats at the pool very soon, but for now we hope that helps a bit Smiley

The path to the first payout is well underway, but sadly will likely not come until tomorrow evening.
Everything is in line with the listing at Poloniex to get it done, but we would like to not push the CLAM market.

We would also like to supervise the scripts on the first run through, and alas we have been hammering away all evening and it is getting later by the minute.

Long live the CLAM Shell Smiley

zugvogel21

Activity: 995

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:50:04 PM

Hi all,

So i ahev done all of the bits for adding a multi bit wallet.

It was accepted on my console but no sign of any coins..

How long will this take and How do know if it has worked??

Kind regards.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:13:37 PM

Well well well, this coin seems interesting. I wouldn't have known about it was it not for poloniex, so props given to them. Maybe i missed the announcement on cryptocointalk for clams?

Lately the amount of ipo coins and coins with premine out there has been rather flooring. I cannot believe people buy into all this bullshit so often. I like the distribution method here. Unique is certainly a term for it. I am not trusting, so it will take a little bit for me to transfer my btc from one wallet to another and so forth but the method of receiving your clam coins seems rather straight forward if you have been messing with cryptos for a while.

I like how Superclam has been on top of this thread for a while. I think the biggest factor to a coins success is the team behind it. So far i have liked what i read, time to gamble with my hash and throw it at the pool for clams.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
charles33200

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:25:53 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 03:51:51 PM by charles33200

Hi,

The Mac Wallet is not officially available ?

If not, i built a mac wallet from my own use, available here : https://mega.co.nz/#!gBBFnTiI!-lZkvsnHfme_4EHI4hv8WXcYRwSORHhLEjbrUgUpGQM

https://i.imgur.com/fg95geP.png
ymod123

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:33:10 PM

We added a super temporary Worker Stats page at khashier.com

Worker Stats

We intend to improve the stats at the pool very soon, but for now we hope that helps a bit Smiley

The path to the first payout is well underway, but sadly will likely not come until tomorrow evening.
Everything is in line with the listing at Poloniex to get it done, but we would like to not push the CLAM market.

We would also like to supervise the scripts on the first run through, and alas we have been hammering away all evening and it is getting later by the minute.

Long live the CLAM Shell Smiley

hello! just want to thanks you for the help...I claimed my Clam already....
tnx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: