Bitcoin Forum
August 11, 2024, 10:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 [860] 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984599 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:51:48 PM

makoto had the idea to check out muut.com. thats it. just an idea. i personally don't like to move there, because we have a lot of information on the nem forum which we can't move.

also a lot of people don't understand why there are several platforms. i will try to explain:
(- BTT forum: Well... I guess this is just a survival... Crypto projects seem to have to be here. We stopped helping/doing support here and tell people to move to forum.ournem.com or for specific problems support.ournem.com)

- NEM forum: THE forum for NEM. A lot of information/ideas at one place. Perfect for written down ideas, which still can be easily found after months/years.
- Telegram: THE place to chat about NEM. Perfect to discuss anything, but for more serious ideas/discussions there should be threads created on the forum (we have to work on this...)
- Trello: Specific boards to organize specific projects. These boards are internal for the respecitve teams. You can compare it to private sub forums, but trello is better for team projects.

- Website (nem.io): Official website... Official information, download links etc.
- Blog (blog.nem.io): Official blog... Official announcements (newsletters), tutorials etc.

Social media stuff like facebook/twitter/reddit is a must these days. But you don't really have to follow it. Your choice.

I think its not that hard. Whoever is new can check www.nem.io and blog.nem.io/overview. You find everything you need there.
More interested people can join the NEM forum or telegram or even certain trello boards if they are interested in actually working on stuff.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:10:23 PM

I agree with you. People with no experience in tech and development complaining all the time. They don't realize how much work all that stuff is.

LOL it is no wonder the medditeranean coin dev left with people like mill0601 complaining 24/7

evi_stale

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:27:51 PM

I agree with you. People with no experience in tech and development complaining all the time. They don't realize how much work all that stuff is.

LOL it is no wonder the medditeranean coin dev left with people like mill0601 complaining 24/7

+1

We've already been waiting for a year, a few more weeks/months won't hurt.
You need to be patient if you want results  Roll Eyes

evi_stale

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:32:25 PM

makoto had the idea to check out muut.com. thats it. just an idea. i personally don't like to move there, because we have a lot of information on the nem forum which we can't move.

also a lot of people don't understand why there are several platforms. i will try to explain:
(- BTT forum: Well... I guess this is just a survival... Crypto projects seem to have to be here. We stopped helping/doing support here and tell people to move to forum.ournem.com or for specific problems support.ournem.com)

- NEM forum: THE forum for NEM. A lot of information/ideas at one place. Perfect for written down ideas, which still can be easily found after months/years.
- Telegram: THE place to chat about NEM. Perfect to discuss anything, but for more serious ideas/discussions there should be threads created on the forum (we have to work on this...)
- Trello: Specific boards to organize specific projects. These boards are internal for the respecitve teams. You can compare it to private sub forums, but trello is better for team projects.

- Website (nem.io): Official website... Official information, download links etc.
- Blog (blog.nem.io): Official blog... Official announcements (newsletters), tutorials etc.

Social media stuff like facebook/twitter/reddit is a must these days. But you don't really have to follow it. Your choice.

I think its not that hard. Whoever is new can check www.nem.io and blog.nem.io/overview. You find everything you need there.
More interested people can join the NEM forum or telegram or even certain trello boards if they are interested in actually working on stuff.

I don't agree that everything is easily to find or to join, because not all the info can be found in an organised way on the website. There is not even a link to the Nem forum and this is just an example amongst many more. Because you have been involved with nem for soo long you know where to find everything, but for a newcomer it's a huge puzzle.

evi_stale

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Too many links being thrown about. Moving from one place to the next is by far the worst idea. It just serves to fragment and disorient information and newcomers.

all crypto's are slow right now, this isn't a fault of NEM and in all honesty i think creating new places to congregate is just going to push people away. The official NEM forums is plenty sufficient and all that is necessary.

Makoto said that the he wanted to move to muut a few months ago but that UP disagreed with it. makoto said that they could have saved $1000 in hosting the Nem forum + the forum tech is oudated -> time to move to something modern and mobile friendly.

mixmaster

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:39:52 PM

I don't agree that everything is easily to find or to join, because not all the info can be found in an organised way on the website. There is not even a link to the Nem forum and this is just an example amongst many more. Because you have been involved with nem for soo long you know where to find everything, but for a newcomer it's a huge puzzle.
Adding the forum as a direct link on the official website is something which was discussed before. There are up- and downsides for this decision.

Anyway, what else are you missing on the website?
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:43:45 PM

Agree with you.I think all links must be in OP.Because if people want to find info about coin,they are looking for information in bitcointalk.org forum.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
mixmaster

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:16:44 PM

I think all links must be in OP.Because if people want to find info about coin,they are looking for information in bitcointalk.org forum.
The OP (of this thread) was written by xtester so only he can edit the OP. This is a problem because we need more than 1 person to maintain information sites like that.

Because of that fact, we moved the information of the OP here: http://blog.nem.io/overview
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:40:35 PM

WANT TO BUY XEM

I want 2,800,000 XEM for 1.4 BTC. Someone wants to sell?
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:50:22 PM

More links should be added to www.nem.io

Namely links for forums and block/node explorer websites. I had some difficulty navigating to NEM related services/sites through www.nem.io
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:54:32 PM

There are much more important links than the ones listed below:

These links are less important:
Resources:
NEM Github
NEM Crowdsale
Final Stakeholder List
NIS API
NCC API
8BTC

Articles:
NEM on Vice
Yahoo Finance
Cointelegraph
Q&A All Coins News
Sunny King on NEM

Newsletter:
Newsletter 10
Newsletter 9
Newsletter 8
Newsletter 7
Newsletter 6
mixmaster

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:57:18 PM

Namely links for forums and block/node explorer websites. I had some difficulty navigating to NEM related services/sites through www.nem.io
Again the forum is a decision that was already discussed. Maybe we will look into that again.

The block and nodeexplorer links are actually a good idea. Thanks for this feedback.

Anything else?
jadedjack

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:43:08 PM

WANT TO BUY XEM

I want 2,800,000 XEM for 1.4 BTC. Someone wants to sell?

There is a trading thread here
https://forum.ournem.com/trading-and-exchanges/trading-thread-3228/msg16932/#msg16932

BadaBing
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 01:24:58 AM

I just went through the process of setting up an account and VM with Amazon VPS, so that I could run a node & harvest.

Completed the VPS set up flawlessly, synced my NEM wallet, and clicked on 'Delegate Harvest' only to get....insufficient balanceHuh?

Can anyone fill me in on what I'm doing wrong?  Do I need a certain balance before I even begin?  I have a bunch of funds scattered throughout exchange-land, if its necessary for me to make a deposit first....

Thanks in advance for any and all help Grin I hope to be joining and supporting the NEM community soon!!!
jadedjack

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:53:34 AM

I just went through the process of setting up an account and VM with Amazon VPS, so that I could run a node & harvest.

Completed the VPS set up flawlessly, synced my NEM wallet, and clicked on 'Delegate Harvest' only to get....insufficient balanceHuh?

Can anyone fill me in on what I'm doing wrong?  Do I need a certain balance before I even begin?  I have a bunch of funds scattered throughout exchange-land, if its necessary for me to make a deposit first....

Thanks in advance for any and all help Grin I hope to be joining and supporting the NEM community soon!!!

Hi
Welcome  Smiley
Yes, activating delegated harvesting is a transaction and costs 6 xem.
The minimum vested balance required to harvest is 10000 xem

BadaBing
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 02:04:15 AM

Hi
Welcome  Smiley

Thanks for the quick reply!  Should I just buy through an exchange, or would something like shapeshift be the fastest way to buy in?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:39:15 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040845.msg11222335#msg11222335

Soon IPO is necessary to us.
We would like to report about rather remote plans according to which our purpose a move is a resource for generation, adaptation and management of virus marketing strategy briefly.
Our current project is a web-platform, that will have both the facilitated version and mobile application as a result.
A marketing viral tool of the platform is a photography in all its varied displays.
Whether there will be this similarity of stock? Yes and no. We will take only elements necessary for us. Rather it will be a hybrid of stock, a social network and a universal advertizing platform.
Our platform will work at least in 50 countries of the world. Estimated number of branches: not less than 10000.

NEMviral Markets makes accessible NEM (XEM) for a free appeal in trade. NEMviral Markets opens for XEM a way to the free appeal in trade.
In the near future there will be a huge number of people who have NEM (XEM) on the accounts. They won't change it at the exchange because NEM (XEM) will grow constantly slowly.
But they will be ready to spend NEM (XEM) if businessmen offer people such opportunity in the shops and the companies.
Business will be compelled to make it itself. Business itself will come and will suggest to finance creation of system of calculation in XEM for the shops and the companies.

To all admirers of a blockchain, within IPO will be offered two statuses at least: NEMvil Markets and PR-Consul.

The NEMvil Markets status will allow each shareholder to open virtual branch.
Virtual branch, in turn, will allow the shareholder to open a certain number of real branches on the basis of the marketing NEMviral Markets platform worldwide.
The status of PR-Consul assumes possibility of interaction with business partner of the platform on a commission basis in an initiative order.
Each shareholder will be traditionally allocated with the rights in the form of actions for obtaining dividends from profit of the NEMviral Markets web platform.
Each shareholder will have the right to choose the status as official one.

Now all necessary coordination with management of a cryptoplatform 2.0 NEM (New Economy Movement) come to an end.
There is a preparation of the specification. Approximate terms of development and deployment of 3-6 months.

Sounds interesting ... but not 100% sure on the details. 

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
jadedjack

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:40:36 AM

Can anyone fill me in on what I'm doing wrong?  Do I need a certain balance before I even begin?  I have a bunch of funds scattered throughout exchange-land, if its necessary for me to make a deposit first....

Hi
Welcome  Smiley

Thanks for the quick reply!  Should I just buy through an exchange, or would something like shapeshift be the fastest way to buy in?

I dont think shapeshift has nem yet. I sent a few emails, maybe you could try too.
The most volume is on poloniex right now. It seems to be fast and efficient.
There is also bittrex, btc38, and some others too.
If you want to buy a large amount or dont want to deal with exchanges you could try here
https://forum.ournem.com/trading-and-exchanges/trading-thread-3228/msg16932/#msg16932

BadaBing
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 02:45:29 AM

Can anyone fill me in on what I'm doing wrong?  Do I need a certain balance before I even begin?  I have a bunch of funds scattered throughout exchange-land, if its necessary for me to make a deposit first....

Hi
Welcome  Smiley

Thanks for the quick reply!  Should I just buy through an exchange, or would something like shapeshift be the fastest way to buy in?

I dont think shapeshift has nem yet. I sent a few emails, maybe you could try too.

Thanks - I actually purchased 15,000 XEM on bittrex, in what seemed like an instant!  But I'm still having trouble sending it to my XEM wallet; my bittrex account says it's an invalid address?  Any ideas as to why?
jadedjack

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:48:20 AM

Hi
Welcome  Smiley

Thanks - I actually purchased 15,000 XEM on bittrex, in what seemed like an instant!  But I'm still having trouble sending it to my XEM wallet; my bittrex account says it's an invalid address?  Any ideas as to why?

Yeah that is an ongoing issue with them. We tell them there is a problem and they say it is fixed.
Try removing all the - from your address.

BadaBing
Pages: « 1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 [860] 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: