Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 [863] 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 01:43:09 PM

If anybody is good at coding, the NEM client is open source.  

What does this mean?  It means somebody can 1) make a super light USB client that is on a USB and NEM could be used on any computer the usb is plugged into.  A client could be programmed to look for an open node and connect to it no problem.  We are talking about being able to plug in a USB and 5 seconds later be logged into your NEM wallet and sending transactions from any computer.  And 2) for a bonus level said dev could even customize the NCC with new fonts, or colors or themes to make it more streamlined and beautiful.  

This would really give NEM credibility if some third-party clients/apps were built using its platform ... we need this!

+1

+1

here is another idea that came out of Telegram. 

There is a really slick online wallet called Mofo (I think that is Finnish).  It is a cross platform wallet for a Finnish cyrpto and NXT.  Did I mention it looks nice? :-)

Well, it is open source, and our NCC is open source.  What does that mean?  It means if somebody has the skills, then it is very doable.  They can be merged.   

The next crypto they will add is BTC.  This opens up a lot of possibilities in the future too for NEM.   

https://www.mofowallet.com/  https://github.com/fimkrypto/mofowallet

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 01:56:22 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 02:22:01 PM by jabo38

I'm running the NEM client on Mac OS X. When I try to add an existing account I get error 500.

I even updated to Yosemite  Cry

Some other user posted about the same problem in the NEM forum but no answer was given. Does anyone know the problem > solution?

Soooo, I am not sure the exact problem but I know that in the past if people were importing a private key and there was a space at the end of the private key, then they could get error 500.

The installer definitely shouldn't have worked if you didn't have Yosemite, but I think it should work after the update.  Anyway, here is the usually suspects or Mac problems.

1) Before installing a new version of NEM, you definitely need to uninstall any old versions of NEM.  So first uninstall any and all versions you can find.  (Each version will have its own folder in Applications).  And for added measure it is important to on Mac go to Finder, then click "Go" at the top of the screen. Go to Computer, then Macintosh HD, then users, then your user name, and then delete the NEM folder. http://blog.nem.io/how-to-remove-old-nem-software-versions/  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-find-export-or-delete-your-wallet-and-address-book-file/

Only then after having uninstalled all versions and deleting the NEM folder, should you then try to reinstall.  (following the instructions above will delete your wallet, so want to back it up just to be sure.  And as always be sure to back up your private keys)

2) Mac might not allow you to install NEM due to security settings. If this happens, please go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Install anyway.

3) In Mac I went to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Firewall → Firewall options → + → NEM 0.6.xx → wallet → okay. If that still doesn't work in Mac, you may need to turn your Firewall off.

4) It is very important to have the latest version of Java 8 running.

5) 10.10 Yosemite and up required to use the installer.  If you have 10.9 or lower, you must run the stand alone.  

These are all the common sticking points that I can think of with Mac.  I'm assuming you don't have any third party virus scanners or firewalls or things like that because they aren't really needed on Mac.  

Please let us know if it works.

One last trick is to try the stand alone.  I actually run it half the time on mac anyway just because it is a little more fun.  http://blog.nem.io/mac-installation-guide-standalone/

apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 03:50:22 PM

@jabo38: Thanks!

I have 2 clients installed, so I'll try 1) when I get home to wifi.
My private key is stored in keepass, 2)-5) are covered, and I've also tried with the standalone client. So... 1) ! and my fingers crossed. Smiley

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:07:43 PM

Mofo is open source and has something like a plugin system. So, everyone who has the skills can it extend by services like a NEM wallet.

If anybody is good at coding, the NEM client is open source.  

What does this mean?  It means somebody can 1) make a super light USB client that is on a USB and NEM could be used on any computer the usb is plugged into.  A client could be programmed to look for an open node and connect to it no problem.  We are talking about being able to plug in a USB and 5 seconds later be logged into your NEM wallet and sending transactions from any computer.  And 2) for a bonus level said dev could even customize the NCC with new fonts, or colors or themes to make it more streamlined and beautiful.  

This would really give NEM credibility if some third-party clients/apps were built using its platform ... we need this!

+1

+1

here is another idea that came out of Telegram. 

There is a really slick online wallet called Mofo (I think that is Finnish).  It is a cross platform wallet for a Finnish cyrpto and NXT.  Did I mention it looks nice? :-)

Well, it is open source, and our NCC is open source.  What does that mean?  It means if somebody has the skills, then it is very doable.  They can be merged.   

The next crypto they will add is BTC.  This opens up a lot of possibilities in the future too for NEM.   

https://www.mofowallet.com/  https://github.com/fimkrypto/mofowallet
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 09:31:45 PM

How much XEM did each stakeholder initially receive?
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:32:14 PM

How much XEM did each stakeholder initially receive?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:22:58 PM

I've been unable to harvest for the last few days, not even a block with zero fees. Before everything was running smoothly. Everything is working. Could someone enlighten on what's going on? By the way I'm using delegated harvesting.

It happens.
What could be happening - can't confirm this though - is that more and more people start to harvest. The more people "compete" the less likely it becomes for everyone to harvest a block.
It's good for the network when more XEM are being used to harvest but of course it can be annoying for "smaller" harvesters.

How did you setup delegated harvesting ? Is it possible the machine got restarted and it isn't set to auto-harvest with your remote account ?

Thank you for the explanation. That's actually a good thing because it means that Nem is in demand amongst its supporters
I wouldn't call myself a small harvester as I received 1 stake. I actually though that it might had something to do with POI (to sicourage people from accumulating Nem), because I didn't have much in and out transactions.

The wallet shows "stop delegated harvesting" and the NIS is synchronized so it should actually work.

*Is there anyone else with the same problem?
Yes im having the same problem, i have 1 stake s worth of NEM.
I feel that i havnt done something right when setting up delegated harvesting.
I did harvest one block on launch day and that block contained nothing.
But anyway i havnt harvested any other blocks since, so dont know if ive done something wrong or not.

The remote nis was probably restarted which means you must click stop delegated harvesting then click start delegated harvesting

OK, ill try that

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 02:59:09 AM

I've been unable to harvest for the last few days, not even a block with zero fees. Before everything was running smoothly. Everything is working. Could someone enlighten on what's going on? By the way I'm using delegated harvesting.

It happens.
What could be happening - can't confirm this though - is that more and more people start to harvest. The more people "compete" the less likely it becomes for everyone to harvest a block.
It's good for the network when more XEM are being used to harvest but of course it can be annoying for "smaller" harvesters.

How did you setup delegated harvesting ? Is it possible the machine got restarted and it isn't set to auto-harvest with your remote account ?

Thank you for the explanation. That's actually a good thing because it means that Nem is in demand amongst its supporters
I wouldn't call myself a small harvester as I received 1 stake. I actually though that it might had something to do with POI (to sicourage people from accumulating Nem), because I didn't have much in and out transactions.

The wallet shows "stop delegated harvesting" and the NIS is synchronized so it should actually work.

*Is there anyone else with the same problem?
Yes im having the same problem, i have 1 stake s worth of NEM.
I feel that i havnt done something right when setting up delegated harvesting.
I did harvest one block on launch day and that block contained nothing.
But anyway i havnt harvested any other blocks since, so dont know if ive done something wrong or not.

The remote nis was probably restarted which means you must click stop delegated harvesting then click start delegated harvesting

OK, ill try that

If you have a stake you should usually get a block everyday.

If you are just harvesting on your home computer, local harvesting is fine and a little easier for a non-techie to monitor.

If you are using delegated harvesting for a remote server thee are somethings to watch for.

If the server is not yours, your delegated key will get kicked off the machine when it reboots or updates (later versions of NEM might fix this), so that isn't in your control and hard to monitor.  Though most remote, open, and free nodes are proving quite reliable. An easy way to check age of a node online is NEMbex, but that still isn't full proof. To solve this as nzminer said you have to turn off and turn on delegated harvesting.

In some situations is you have moved your private key from one wallet/computer to another, you will even have to deactivate and then reactivste delegated harveysung. This is because the original delegated harvesting key was paired with your original wallet/computer.

There is another problem that I'm not completely clear on or understand well so this information may be off. Some people have problems with auto harvesting being in and delegates harvesting being active and interfering with each other. (This will be made better later so a user can't mess up).

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:44:15 AM

The 24-hour volume dropped  under  $1000, just as I predicted last month. Next stop could be under $500

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:17:30 AM

It depends how NEM convince me to believe into its future. Currently I would sell at around 250 sats or even 200. If the dev deliver what they've promised the rate will increase for sure  Grin

We are buying XEM cheap whenever possible.
Everybody have some price in mind when they will sell some of their XEM when the price will go up.

Would you guys share what price you think is that which you'll think of selling some XEM?
like 500 satoshi,
1000 satoshi,
500,000 satoshi and so on??

I want to see how much people have confidence in NEM? If more people strongly holding in higher prices, means NEM have solid community, and long term believers.
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:24:45 AM

We are buying XEM cheap whenever possible.
Everybody have some price in mind when they will sell some of their XEM when the price will go up.

Would you guys share what price you think is that which you'll think of selling some XEM?
like 500 satoshi,
1000 satoshi,
500,000 satoshi and so on??

I want to see how much people have confidence in NEM? If more people strongly holding in higher prices, means NEM have solid community, and long term believers.
$10  Grin
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:33:20 AM

The 24-hour volume dropped  under  $1000, just as I predicted last month. Next stop could be under $500

So...  now that it's crystal clear the major dumps ain't happening...  they turn to Volume...   Roll Eyes

What do you mean dump ain't happening? The prices are already ridiculously low, given most  coins are held by "development stakes" making the current ranking pretty artificial. The real market-cap is much lower. Plus there is basically zero  volume. Even this $700 volume is just mostly people trading among  themselves and experimenting.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:43:55 AM

What do you mean dump ain't happening? The prices are already ridiculously low, given most  coins are held by "development stakes" making the current ranking pretty artificial. The real market-cap is much lower. Plus there is basically zero  volume. Even this $700 volume is just mostly people trading among  themselves.

Too bored to recalculate at today's rates...  although the results would be favorable...   Roll Eyes

NEM got dumped pretty hard when it launched and that wasn't supposed to happen because 'fair distribution'.

1 NEM stake = 35500 NXT  (at current Poloniex Bid rates)...  I wouldn't call that dumped pretty hard...  especially if the significant Supply increase (compared to the NEMstake trading days on the Nxt AE) is taken into consideration.

I absolutely agree with the rest of your post though!  Wink

1 NEM stake = 35500 NXT  is ridiculously low, given there are 1 billion Nxt and only 4000 nem stake, and even then most of those stakes are held by developers and co.

You aren't becoming millionaire anytime soon  in the next 20  years holding Nem. There is no interest. No volume, and I don't see how that will change. The volume actually went down in first  month, and that trend will most likely continue until you are down to Qora level volume in six months. 

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:51:40 AM

1 NEM stake = 35500 NXT proves that the major dumps ain't happening!

FTFY  Kiss

Already answered that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg11328628#msg11328628

You aren't responding to my posts, but talking to yourseld

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:36:43 AM

1 NEM stake = 35500 NXT  is ridiculously low, given there are 1 billion Nxt and only 4000 nem stake, and even then most of those stakes are held by developers and co.

You aren't becoming millionaire anytime soon  in the next 20  years holding Nem.
There is no interest. No volume, and I don't see how that will change. The volume actually went down in first  month, and that trend will most likely continue until you are down to Qora level volume in six months. 

So Eadeqa is all about this in your head?!
Becoming  a millionaire in fiat USD is all that matters to you Huh

Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:38:01 PM

1000 people bought NXT = lost money
1000 signed for NEM = made money
See the difference Edeqa? 

That is how you distinguish failed project from the succsesful one.

NEM is currently only coin, plus it was given away almost for free, and still it is doing better than most scare fully developed platforms out there.

tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:47:40 PM

NEM is currently only coin, plus it was given away almost for free, and still it is doing better than most scare fully developed platforms out there.

Sorry, but don't get the point. How made the NEM investors money? If you bought NEM stakes on the NAE you paid an avg of about 120 sats per NEM. The price is now at the half?  Huh
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:11:45 PM

Sorry, but don't get the point. How made the NEM investors money? If you bought NEM stakes on the NAE you paid an avg of about 120 sats per NEM. The price is now at the half?  Huh
the vast majority didn't buy on AE, so in that respect it is a success for the majority

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:46:41 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 02:17:04 PM by yshin365new

Sorry, but don't get the point. How made the NEM investors money? If you bought NEM stakes on the NAE you paid an avg of about 120 sats per NEM. The price is now at the half?  Huh
The initial stakeholders joined in NEM project in Jan~Mar 2014. (If my memory is correct)
I was almost last joiner, and paid 0.075 BTC.
But the earlier joiner paid less.
The earlier, the less.
First some joiners were free.
The early bird catches the worm. Wink
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:49:55 PM

If you bought NEM stakes on the NAE you paid an avg of about 120 sats per NEM. The price is now at the half?  Huh

Nope...  NEMstake was priced in NXT.

A lot of people bought nemstake for well over 40,000 Nxt.   This price  talk is nonsense anyway, as there is no volume, no interest, and the volume has significantly dropped in just one month. 

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Pages: « 1 ... 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 [863] 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: