Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:05:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 [910] 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 08:55:47 AM

Thanks for the update jabo38!

Your welcome  Smiley

Recent News Recap #2

Two weeks ago I gave a recent news recap here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg11615702#msg11615702 and people asked me to give another one sometime.  Since a couple of weeks have passed and quite a few things have happened, I’ll continue.

A week ago rb2 released his script for a live usb/cd installer.
https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/live-cd-with-ncc/msg17721/#msg17721  Building on top of this could help to build even more security options for NEM, and we are looking forward to see it get used in many ways, like making it more user friendly to send off-line cold wallet transactions in an easier way than the method currently being used. 

Colin has been working on NCC, a part of NEM will all agree needs some work.

Makoto has been very busy continuing to travel around Japan doing presentations and is planning on attending another conference in the next week.

We would like to add more languages to the website, as many as possible. We are happy that the Japanese translation was recently completed and we would really like to have Russian, German, and Chinese all up to date and fully translated.  In addition we would of course like to have lots of other languages too.

To make this easier we are considering moving the FAQ (which is the majority of the difficult content on the website) to the ghost blog format so it will be easier to translate.  We are also in the process of updating the FAQ.  A new am improved version with additional Q&A’s can be found here.  http://blog.nem.io/faq-en/

We are also looking for somebody that can help us navigate the translation software that could make it easier for us to coordinate across lots of languages.  If anybody has any experience with the translation software Memsource, please PM me.  Or if you know a better software, that would work too. 

NEM would like to have many businesses and projects built on top of it.  To that end a community fund was set up.  The NEM Community DAO paper has been released for comments.  These are the guidelines that will be instituted to allow projects to be funded from the NEM community fund.  It is open to all that apply after the guidelines are finalized. 
https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/nem-community-fund-guidelines/msg17659/?topicseen#msg17659

Last time I asked for helpers to build a Discourse forum for NEM and that call was answered by Saul.  We have begun building and theming a new forum.  Saul has added social logins for Facebook, Twitter, Github, Google, Slack, or an option to sign up with your own email.  In addition to that lots of new features like drag and drop photos/attachments, personalized user profiles, more detailed and better search options, sleeker design, reply by email instead of logging in, in site wiki tutorials, badges, better security, and a better moderator system are all already active and are big improvements.  We will look to build it up more and port over the information from the old forum to begin fully testing the platform hopefully in the next few weeks.  If you would like to preview and test, please go to https://forum.nem.io/ to help.

A Slack tipbot has been set up and seems to be stable now.  It is a good way to get funds to test a wallet.  Join Slack.  Just do it.

I’d also like for somebody that is good with bots to fully integrate all our Telegram channels into Slack as well as possibly get a tipping bot for Telegram, IRC or the new forum.  Please speak up if you have the skills to make this happen.

Here are some examples bots that might help a person in this project.
https://github.com/yagop/telegram-bot/
https://github.com/jsorchik/changetip-discourse  tipping on discourse
http://coinjoint.info/chatroom-tipbot-crypto-wallet-meet-cannacoins-cannatip-irc-bot/

And it would be nice if we could have a bot connecting Telegram and BTT updating post counts per day, so that people can get an idea how active we are.  Telgram/Slack conversations can sometimes go over 1000 messages a day.

NEM has a new Voat page.  Vote is a competitor to Reddit that gained popularity after Reddit was recently being protested for censorship.  https://voat.co/v/nem

Colin has been working on an entropy program for NEM wallets.  Another security feature to make NEM the most secure platform.

Developers have begun work on what will eventually become the NEM asset feature.  Information is pretty tight lipped at this point concerning this project.   

As has been said before much of the discussion and work around NEM doesn’t really happen on BTT, but in other places.  Sometimes in the forum, a lot in Telegram or Slack, sometimes in Github and sometimes privately.  While it seems like BTT isn’t that active, there is indeed a lot of work going on, and we are looking to unify and connect platforms so communications in the future are more clear and unified.   

EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:17:06 AM

Hah!  The photo is the fat slob reacting to how NxT is worth way less anymore (used to be closer to $100 million).  Now it's full of bitter bagholders like DecentralizeEconomics and EvilDave who are waiting for a rebound so they can retire to the beaches in the Caribbean.

"NEM scam"
"Bitshares scam"
"everything but NXT a scam"

O rly ? Thanks for the explanation, TS.  Grin

Just to be clear: is it my NEM bag or my NXT bag that causes me the most bitterness ?

I've never called NEM a scam, idiot. I could start now if you'd like.

And as for BTS, never called them a scam either.....but I'm starting to think that it has some serious problems, even more than having TS as a cheerleader.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:19:50 PM

Forget NEM- buy combs, lousy times will come.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:32:26 PM

Forget NEM- buy combs, lousy times will come.

Combing machine would be good investment for a cooperative village.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:55:01 PM

TaunSewer, is there really nothing more productive you can do at 40+  than fudding on forum all day long year round?
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:02:22 PM

He's a fixture here in the community. Every village has at least one guy like him.

He sure is a lively character.

His NEM - MEN branding campaign
Is very easy on the eyes, that's for sure.

And sometimes he way off in outer space, but we can't deny at other times, he says what needs to be said.

He's bipolar, so let's try to show patience with his disability. Plus, when he's UP, he's VERY UP and can really tell it like it is.

When he's down? Well... lol he's a character all right.

Is it true what I heard that the NEM community actually officially adopted him?

I think I heard that Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:35:44 PM

You guys here really did become the thing you supposedly hated. A clicky group of lossers desperately trying to pump a coin.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:07:59 PM

You guys here really did become the thing you supposedly hated. A clicky group of lossers desperately trying to pump a coin.

Isn't all the cryptocoin world (including bitcoin) just like that?

The only difference I see: our developers are not trying to pump XEM with wapourware. They can hardly be  seen here.
We hope this is because they are developing beautiful features like they already did.
Only time will tell...
loyer

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:20:24 PM

The only difference I see: our developers are not trying to pump XEM with wapourware. They can hardly be  seen here.
We hope this is because they are developing beautiful features like they already did.
Only time will tell...

the Problem is the whole nem community is snobbing the bitcointalk Forum.. Makoto is traveling Japan to present NEM, but the first crypto Forum gets snobbed.... this People are good developers, but have no idea of Marketing.. Initially the interest in NEM was huge, but now when people think of nem, they think of a third row coin! this image will be difficult to change again!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:46:45 PM

NEM is destroyed. There's no need to keep on promoting NEM coins. Someone have already sabotage NEM project by increasing the supply to over 8 Billion coins. Less coins = higher price. More coins = lower price.

The guy who proposed increasing the coin was motivated by ripple. He thought  nem will have great fake marketcapp like ripple with trillions and trillions of coins. He didn't realize that another consequence of that would be that the price increase will become much harder.

I agree with you that nem isn't going anywhere anytime soon  given there are plenty of sock puppets and "developement coins" (more than 50%) that are still scheduled to be dumped in future.

The marketcap is fake, so it will only go down in future, not up.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:06:53 PM

Only time will tell...

the Problem is the whole nem community is snobbing the bitcointalk Forum.. Makoto is traveling Japan to present NEM, but the first crypto Forum gets snobbed.... this People are good developers, but have no idea of Marketing.. Initially the interest in NEM was huge, but now when people think of nem, they think of a third row coin! this image will be difficult to change again!

This place is toxic and full of trolls, NXT are not active much here either.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:13:41 PM

It's okay, EvilDave. Never too late to join the winning team Wink
Actually, diversification is a good thing. Smart money is not just in dollars, but is in gold, silver, etc. Crypto is the same, as no one knows who will go viral and reach mass adoption (even Bitcoin is very far from mainstream).

I'm already on the winning team.... Grin, or at least A winning team. Or two, or three....shit, crypto is complicated. Maybe we're all gonna win.

But TS appears to be regretting some of his life choices:

Hah!  The photo is the fat slob reacting to how NxT is worth way less anymore (used to be closer to $100 million).  Now it's full of bitter bagholders like DecentralizeEconomics and EvilDave who are waiting for a rebound so they can retire to the beaches in the Caribbean.

"NEM scam"
"Bitshares scam"

So much FUD going around on the two best crypto platforms currently active.
Why its no surprise to me? Because its so logical that these currencies are seen as a threat to so many other shitcoins!

We will ultimately see NXT and NEM both PREVAIL in the long term!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:25:22 PM

Only time will tell...

This place is toxic and full of trolls, NXT are not active much here either.

Jaguar0625 and Thies doesn't talk much or interact much outside of Github (Github is being updated daily).
Makoto1337, Gimre and Bloody Rookiee are definitely accessible. 

Who do you think created NEM's subreddit, the voat page and other community initiatives?  It wasn't some random coin holder helping out from the goodness of their heart.

Problem isn't the NEM developers or the team - it's just classical case of free rider syndrome among the stakeholders and many of those free riders are probably sockmasters with more XEM than me and others.  That's the comedy here - people accusing me of being UtopianFuture and other personalities and saying I have 100 stakes by using cover my ass (yeah I doubt that website worked with Patmast3r's analysis as he was looking at non-IP information).  NEM's just cool because it was one of the few coins that wasn't asking you to reverse mortgage your place to buy magical beans (like most crypto in 2013-2015).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 10:59:14 PM by TaunSew

It's okay, EvilDave. Never too late to join the winning team Wink
Actually, diversification is a good thing. Smart money is not just in dollars, but is in gold, silver, etc. Crypto is the same, as no one knows who will go viral and reach mass adoption (even Bitcoin is very far from mainstream).

I'm already on the winning team.... Grin, or at least A winning team. Or two, or three....shit, crypto is complicated. Maybe we're all gonna win.

But TS appears to be regretting some of his life choices:

Hah!  The photo is the fat slob reacting to how NxT is worth way less anymore (used to be closer to $100 million).  Now it's full of bitter bagholders like DecentralizeEconomics and EvilDave who are waiting for a rebound so they can retire to the beaches in the Caribbean.

"NEM scam"
"Bitshares scam"

So much FUD going around on the two best crypto platforms currently active.
Why its no surprise to me? Because its so logical that these currencies are seen as a threat to so many other shitcoins!

We will ultimately see NXT and NEM both PREVAIL in the long term!

If you look at price analysis and price range in BTC, NXT hasn't really changed since March 2014.  
Likewises NEMstake was going for 27,000 NXT before October 2014 and today 2.225M XEM is still 27,000 NXT.
It's Bitcoin that has lost $Fiat value.  It's also NXT and NEM that has otherwise stagnated (static) in user expansion and/or capitalization growth.

There's been stuff like Bitshares, Doge rebounding, Stellar and Dash which shot past NXT.  Why hasn't NXT, beyond that one surge around July 2014, made any market progress?    You tell me.   My answer is NXT / NEM (and many alternates) only live on Bitcointalk and in the coding (mercy) of automated bots on the exchanges.  

The big marketing problem on the internet is as soon as you try to peddle your alternate on a non-crypto website, people usually reply with something dumb like: "is this a scam like that Bitcoin?".  

Bitcoin itself is only used by 100,000 after 6 years (Tumblr had 75,000 users within their first 12 days!).  There's people who can get 100,000 views on YouTube within hours of posting a video.   There's women on instagram who get more donations from men than there are bitcoin users.  Shocked

Most people think Bitcoin is a thing where you order drugs and send hit men after people.   That's why cryptocurrencies need products and services that (regular) people want and need.  The best marketing you can have is products people actually need and it will sell itself.

If you're a long term position like me: you think Litecoin and Doge are just a waste of time as they will never be able to leave Bitcoin's shadow.  There's a glimmer of hope with projects like NEM and NXT, which have ecosystem initiatives and products in developments, that might actually produce an userbase bigger than 100,000.

TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:38:47 PM

He's a fixture here in the community. Every village has at least one guy like him.

And sometimes he way off in outer space, but we can't deny at other times, he says what needs to be said.

He's bipolar, so let's try to show patience with his disability. Plus, when he's UP, he's VERY UP and can really tell it like it is.

Are you a doctor and can you make a medical diagnose of bipolar?  I suppose you graduated from the Medical School of NxT, much like DecentralizeEconomics has his philosophy degree from the same place and can't ever form an argument without breaking the rules of dialectics?  Cheesy   Thankfully my appendix is fine and I don't need surgery.   Cool

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 04:15:54 AM

Are you a doctor and can you make a medical diagnose of bipolar?  I suppose you graduated from the Medical School of NxT, much like DecentralizeEconomics has his philosophy degree from the same place and can't ever form an argument without breaking the rules of dialectics?  Cheesy   Thankfully my appendix is fine and I don't need surgery.   Cool

Quick, sell your kidneys and buy XEM!  Shocked

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:03:27 AM

Only time will tell...

totally. Anyone who thinks btt is a lost cause has absolutely no idea of marketing. trolls and scumbags should clearly be our #1 target group.
Jokes aside...Important announcemnts are being made on btt as they should be. Regular planning and discussions make no sense here and that's why they have moved elsewhere. Anyone genuinely interested in NEM can come to slack, telegram or the forum or just follow @nemofficial on twitter for all the latest stuff.

choochimil

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:56:13 AM

Are the late/socks still getting their nem? I feel like there is not much being said about this when i'm just as excited as the rest.

Sorry for being so behind on it. There's a good reason, trust me!

Yes, I am going to process everything within a week or so. Sorry for the delay.

Any updates on redemption?

Extended redemption ended on 5/31. We will probably send out those stakes in the next day or two. Other stakes should be handled within the next week or two.

Any closer to getting through those last cases? I sent my 'not a sock'  pm to makoto on March 12th! No reply or confirmation of timeframes.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:34:35 AM

Only time will tell...

totally. Anyone who thinks btt is a lost cause has absolutely no idea of marketing. trolls and scumbags should clearly be our #1 target group.
Jokes aside...Important announcemnts are being made on btt as they should be. Regular planning and discussions make no sense here and that's why they have moved elsewhere. Anyone genuinely interested in NEM can come to slack, telegram or the forum or just follow @nemofficial on twitter for all the latest stuff.

The reason why NEM has moved from btt is why they do not tolerate criticism... If anyone is interested, on btt can follow discussions and participate, but believe me, not many want to familiarize themselves with a new forum for NEM or platform, just to see if NEM might be interesting... there are too many other coins, for which there is much less of a hassle to follow... Call me troll, i am invested in NEM, and i will the best for NEM, but this way is the way is the wrong........

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:52:21 AM

How many xem coins exist, 4 or 8/9 billion? Huh I read different things....

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: « 1 ... 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 [910] 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: