Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:03:30 AM

why the price drops a lot?

Ask the whales

fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:28:49 AM

why the price drops a lot?

Ask the whales

i am happy I bought my first VIA at 23000 sat Wink
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:05:19 AM

bought my first with 15.000 sat... but sold the most of it too early  Sad

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

georgeandy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:06:31 AM

more than more invester lost their patience on VIA...Because there is nothing achievement or progress from the VIA DEV team!!!
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:12:11 AM

more than more invester lost their patience on VIA...Because there is nothing achievement or progress from the VIA DEV team!!!

Well maybe not seen, and I agree that communication can (and will be improved).

Would love to hear your suggestions.
VIAconBTC

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

I can't say I've been connected to the alt markets lately.  It is very quiet overall and the lower volumes bore the active traders looking for action.  I bet that is where a lot of the dumps have come from.  Regardless, there just seems to be very little Viacoin presence on the scene.  No one doubts that it is a solid contender for a top coin, but it just sort of stops there.  In the beginning there was a story and a vision, but it just seems as though that has gotten clouded a bit.

Do it your own way if you choose to, but some actual marketing would be great to see.  There is consolidation going on...people are tired of shitcoins and are trying to see who might remain.  You've got to fight to stay relevant in this defining stage...too much is at stake.  Even established billion dollar companies advertise just to remind people they are there and to keep the brand out front.  Nothing wrong with it.  Substantively I'd like to see a roadmap (yes) of near-term goals, ECDs, maybe a weekly or bi-weekly blog-post of some accomplishments/challenges/apps in work, etc., some further color as to what kind of big players are seeking out Viacoin and why?  Are you considering anything?  It may be premature to discuss, especially if you've entered into a confidentiality agreement, but surely there are some things you can share.

I was involved with Cloakcoin early on, never expected it to go as high as it did.  Though I think they went too far in communications, I never felt like they were not busting their asses every day and trying to deliver on the next goal.  Even with the giant set-backs recently they've been very transparent.  Again, I think they go too far and seem to want to satisfy every investor thirst for information, but there has to be a balance.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:25:08 PM

I can't say I've been connected to the alt markets lately.  It is very quiet overall and the lower volumes bore the active traders looking for action.  I bet that is where a lot of the dumps have come from.  Regardless, there just seems to be very little Viacoin presence on the scene.  No one doubts that it is a solid contender for a top coin, but it just sort of stops there.  In the beginning there was a story and a vision, but it just seems as though that has gotten clouded a bit.

Do it your own way if you choose to, but some actual marketing would be great to see.  There is consolidation going on...people are tired of shitcoins and are trying to see who might remain.  You've got to fight to stay relevant in this defining stage...too much is at stake.  Even established billion dollar companies advertise just to remind people they are there and to keep the brand out front.  Nothing wrong with it.  Substantively I'd like to see a roadmap (yes) of near-term goals, ECDs, maybe a weekly or bi-weekly blog-post of some accomplishments/challenges/apps in work, etc., some further color as to what kind of big players are seeking out Viacoin and why?  Are you considering anything?  It may be premature to discuss, especially if you've entered into a confidentiality agreement, but surely there are some things you can share.

I was involved with Cloakcoin early on, never expected it to go as high as it did.  Though I think they went too far in communications, I never felt like they were not busting their asses every day and trying to deliver on the next goal.  Even with the giant set-backs recently they've been very transparent.  Again, I think they go too far and seem to want to satisfy every investor thirst for information, but there has to be a balance.

The big problem is, the reality of it, developing technology for a coin is not a linear progression. It's not like baking a cake where you can predict with high degree of success exactly when it will be ready. Software throws up unexpected bugs, or you get unexpected issues that turn out the be more complex than you thought. You discover bugs in upstream libraries which take time to resolve. This is all very time consuming. Coinmarkets are always looking for the next thing, and the next hype, meantime we've got our heads down working so maybe it doesnt look like stuff is going on.

That's why I am asking for feedback about how to better communicate in an effective way and one that is hopefully not too demanding on time distracting from the real work at hand.  For example I have no problem with people asking questions with a view to maybe summarising progress or plans in a blog post (out blog is open source and anyone is welcome to contribute).

FYI: Masternode and Gavin Knight from Bitangels have both volunteered to help with marketing and maybe some others could step up. My focus needs to be more on technology and I appeal to others to help in the marketing efforts. I care about the marketing, and I acknowledge we have not done much - but I am equally saying I can help and empower others to get involved in it which helps the project and helps the developers focus on delivering features.
wom1979

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:19:56 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 09:28:51 AM by wom1979

I can't say I've been connected to the alt markets lately.  It is very quiet overall and the lower volumes bore the active traders looking for action.  I bet that is where a lot of the dumps have come from.  Regardless, there just seems to be very little Viacoin presence on the scene.  No one doubts that it is a solid contender for a top coin, but it just sort of stops there.  In the beginning there was a story and a vision, but it just seems as though that has gotten clouded a bit.

Do it your own way if you choose to, but some actual marketing would be great to see.  There is consolidation going on...people are tired of shitcoins and are trying to see who might remain.  You've got to fight to stay relevant in this defining stage...too much is at stake.  Even established billion dollar companies advertise just to remind people they are there and to keep the brand out front.  Nothing wrong with it.  Substantively I'd like to see a roadmap (yes) of near-term goals, ECDs, maybe a weekly or bi-weekly blog-post of some accomplishments/challenges/apps in work, etc., some further color as to what kind of big players are seeking out Viacoin and why?  Are you considering anything?  It may be premature to discuss, especially if you've entered into a confidentiality agreement, but surely there are some things you can share.

I was involved with Cloakcoin early on, never expected it to go as high as it did.  Though I think they went too far in communications, I never felt like they were not busting their asses every day and trying to deliver on the next goal.  Even with the giant set-backs recently they've been very transparent.  Again, I think they go too far and seem to want to satisfy every investor thirst for information, but there has to be a balance.

My fairly noob perspective is that it has only been a couple of weeks and based on the key data there is still plenty of time grow fearful -  I bought in at IPO and consistently all the way down to today..  I’m currently loaded up with both VIA  & XCH  and I see this as an investment not a trade.. Instead of focusing on the price I am currently staying focused on the fundamentals of the investment…

Based on what I currently know I have no doubt in Drak and his team’s ability that there are likely to be greater things to come. However in the meantime maybe more of a community could be built/formed on this (.   Most of my solid info comes from Drei’s tweets (@drei4u) (cheers for your help) – his VIA related “did you know” style tweets has made it easier for me to gain more of a grasp on the magnitude of the potential of this investment

I am unsure if I need to know what is actually coming up immediately next as i currently like catching the coins that slip from the impatient hands, however it could be good to take this slow-time to re-iterate the benefits of VIA/XCH in very plain jargon free English highlight what has been achieved and a basic outline of what is likely to next

I believe that there could be more quirky material put out that helps explain this as we may believe that we have the best product known to man however if we don’t consistently get the message across clearly a bloody dog with a rocket stuck up it’s arse could win the race regardless of which is better..  I hate that bloody dog and the moon..

At this stage a simple stupid approach could be the key –. This is where I believe there could be a slight weakness in this currently as too many people are asking the same questions and still not understanding.  I would consider myself as being reasonably well educated however I still found it considerably difficult, without extensive reading, to grasp the basics of this. I believe that the true gravity of what is being built needs to be able to be portrayed in a couple of short paragraphs with possible illustrations

Most people know that the team is amazing, most also know that there will be amazing things coming over the next few weeks/months etc. However many (including myself) still don’t actually fully understand what is so amazing about the amazing facts that we believe sound so amazing i.e tree chains, decentralized exchanges etc.  in basic terms what will this eventually mean for everyday life? How can these be used? Why would anyone want to use them. What is so special about a Dec-exchanges? Short-term and long term benefits.  The minority may already understand however the majority will eventually need to be convinced why they should sell their shivcoins  and buy in…    

Simple Stupid
compumine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

via, via, via,

I mined you from the beginning.  I invested a substantial amount of my BTC in you.  But as of last night, I stopped mining.  And now I'm waiting for you to go up so that I could make some money on you.

It's interesting mining this coin.  When the total hash rate was low, I made a certain amount of coins per day. When the hash rate went up, I made the same.  Now the hash rate is down again and yet the same amount!!  Give or take 1/2 coins more or less.

As for those who call this a "long term investment", I'm sorry, but I couldn't keep it to myself.  NO cryptocurrency is a "long term investment".  NOT even BTC.  Look at the market, no one buys BTC and holds on to it for ever or for years.  People buy, hold for the right price and then sell.  Re-buy when the price is low again.  Same as stocks.  If you're looking for a long term investment, go buy real estate. This is why all those who talk about "long term investments" always buy when the price is low.

I do agree however with the fact that this coin/project needs better advertisement.  People need to know about what this project is all about.  But unless people understand it, they can't promote it.  It needs to be made for dummies so that many will understand what's being done and can talk about it.

Video's are great for this.  More of them would be nice.  In basic simple forms.  Just to show how the burn process works, is not enough.  Need to explain why.  What is it for? And so on...

*Image Removed*
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:52:19 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 01:27:09 PM by altcoinUK

Technically speaking that's not quite true. As far as I know the development is in progress. Btcdrak tutorial is available on Youtube, that indicates the software development is in progress and is a very impressive and encouraging step forward. What most matters and other coins lack of it, viacoin is developing  a great feature.

It remains to be seen whether the effort will be translated to financial success, but having an innovative application at least viacoin has the chance to succeed.

Give the process some time, 2-3 months to succeed :-))
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:02:31 PM

Hi everyone!,
Just a quick question. I am not sure if it has been asked before.
How do I convert my VIA to XCH?

In clearwallet.co just send over some VIA to your wallet, then use the dropdown to "convert to XCH".

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but what is the benefit if converting to XCH. Im just checking out VIA to see if its a coin I want to invest in. Thank you.

My perspective: XCH is going to be the better "coin" to pair against assets in Clearinghouse. Since assets / XCH pair Bid/Asks will clear automatically even if you are off line. Although, I hear they are working on a way for that to happen with Via pairs too. Also, XCH will be needed to create assets. Also to issue more assets. However, it doesn't take much XCH to do that. Also, there will be a lot more XCH. Also, XCH isn't mine able or even PoS... so after the intial burn time there will never be more XCH created. So, it does have a slight deflationary aspect, because when XCH is used to do stuff, it is basically burned.

But, since XCH was created of Via I think it's value will track Via pretty closely to the final burn ratio. But, I could be wrong about that. If XCH hits exchanges it could take on a life and value of it's own.

But, it's such early days, it's hard to tell. Only Drak really know's his full plans and roadmaps. Probably since nothing is laid out yet is why the price has sort of stalled and even reversed a bit. If BTCD has proven anything, it is having a dev that is actively giving status updates on development progress (even if nothing is released or working) is very good for the coins price.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

Read the BTCD thread. Every day the devs are putting status updates of what they are working on, how they are doing, etc. The price of the coin has gone up quite a bit, [because] and very few people are selling.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:18:15 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 03:28:23 PM by andreibi

NO cryptocurrency is a "long term investment".  NOT even BTC.  Look at the market, no one buys BTC and holds on to it for ever or for years.  People buy, hold for the right price and then sell.  Re-buy when the price is low again.  Same as stocks.  If you're looking for a long term investment, go buy real estate. This is why all those who talk about "long term investments" always buy when the price is low.

Look at the chart below, people then (April 2013) were complaining that BTC crashed from a high of $259 to $50!

Now, people who bought at $1,000 in December of 2013 are complaining that BTC crashed to $500! Do you see the previous pump? It's small in comparison to the last pump. We are now due for the next cycle/pump. This is because more and more crypto businesses are sprouting. You cannot deny blockchain technology is the future. I bet if you were old enough then, you would have said the internet is just fad, it will die out. I imagine if you were mining BTC back in the early days, you would have sold early like $50 per BTC. You don't see the forest for the trees. You need a longer foresight.

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

NO cryptocurrency is a "long term investment".  NOT even BTC.  Look at the market, no one buys BTC and holds on to it for ever or for years.  People buy, hold for the right price and then sell.  Re-buy when the price is low again.  Same as stocks.  If you're looking for a long term investment, go buy real estate. This is why all those who talk about "long term investments" always buy when the price is low.

Look at the chart below, people then (April 2013) were complaining that BTC crashed from a high of $259 to $50!

Now, people who bought at $1,000 in December of 2013 are complaining that BTC crashed to $500! Do you see the previous pump? It's small in comparison to the last pump. We are now due for the next cycle/pump. This is because more and more crypto businesses are sprouting. You cannot deny blockchain technology is the future. I bet if you were old enough then, you would say the internet is just fad, it will die out.

Horrible hand writing ;-)

But nice use of graphs to prove your point. Long-term can win:)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:28:55 PM

Another suggestion is transparent work items. Something like Trello where anyone can go and look at what you are working on and see the tasks move from swim lane to swim lane.

Also, have a public repo where people can see commits. Each week, summarize the progress or even post the check in comments here so people will see what is happening, and that things are happening. Do this for the wallets, and core, etc.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:29:10 PM

Hard to write with a mouse.

SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

umm okay? the fuck does it mean

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:27:45 PM

umm okay? the fuck does it mean

He's validating that there is potential for holding coins long-term.. Several people have said there is no long term investments in crypto currencies... That's not necessarily true.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:18:37 PM

I have been mining since day 1 and haven't dumped anything yet.  With this recent downtrend I have been mining much more VIA per MH, it's like blocks are worth 7 VIA again.  Smiley
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:36:31 PM

I have fond memories of VIA at 70k...  Cool

Awaiting patiently for more information of at least a roadmap of developments- XCH also seems to have slowed down a bit.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: