Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of your mining rigs!  (Read 1805652 times)
aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:20:05 PM

2x Gigabyte HD7970 Smiley

my first rig (2x7970) give me 735Kh/s on W7, driver 13.1, cgminer.
But secon give(2x7970)  me only 570 Kh/s.
Which setting do you use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:25:00 PM

But secon give(2x7970)  me only 570 Kh/s.

Code:
start /D "C:\cgminer" cgminer.exe --scrypt -o coinotron.com:3334 -u Worker.1 -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256 -g 2 -d 0 -d 1 --gpu-memclock 1600,1600 --shaders 2048 --gpu-engine 1050,1050 --gpu-fan 60,60
aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:33:04 PM

Code:
start /D "C:\cgminer" cgminer.exe --scrypt -o coinotron.com:3334 -u Worker.1 -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256 -g 2 -d 0 -d 1 --gpu-memclock 1600,1600 --shaders 2048 --gpu-engine 1050,1050 --gpu-fan 60,60

almost same setting (without --lookup-gap 2 ), but lower Mem  speed GPU/Mem: 1060/1500

edit: mem speed to 1500
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:37:38 PM

-
baad

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:26:56 PM

Code:

Thanks for the settings!
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:52:29 PM

35 BFL FPGA Singles Smiley (2 are broken and being sent back to BFL for replacements so there will be 37 hopefully within a week)

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/jKUnQfe.jpg

All were purchased used through these forums... your unit should be above (other than the broken ones) if you sold me one. :p
Not pictured: 2 box fans, 4 large PC-style fans, a shelf full of more power strips and BFL power bricks, and the console (keyboard/mouse/monitor) for the host computer.
This is in a somewhat cramped basement so it was hard to get a picture with everything in it.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the custom BFL enclosure at the right of the top shelf; this came with my most recent BFL single purchase. Wink (thanks!!)

Host computer is an Intel Atom machine (the box with the bright blue light) but I'm currently having a lot of USB problems (which could actually be due to the units themselves... maybe it's because they're all used, but BFL Singles can be such a pain sometimes) so I'm looking to replace it with a regular computer soon. 

I know that I could power the BFLs from ATX power supplies using custom cables, but it would cost about $1000 US in cables and power supplies, and the Single SC's will require even more power (thicker cables + more power supplies) so I'm holding off until BFL's ASICs are out before I consider alternative power supplies.

I'm considering removing the cases from the units on the bottom shelf and will probably do this if a new host computer doesn't resolve my USB issues.  It almost seems like BFL sacrificed some of the functionality of these things to make them look nice, which I think is a terrible decision considering the purpose of bitcoin mining gear. Wink

Next step: Set up an air conditioner for when summer comes around...
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:07:11 PM

what kind of price were you paying for the most recent ones? (i'm so desperately in need of more hash!)

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:49:54 PM

35 BFL FPGA Singles Smiley (2 are broken and being sent back to BFL for replacements so there will be 37 hopefully within a week)

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/jKUnQfe.jpg

All were purchased used through these forums... your unit should be above (other than the broken ones) if you sold me one. :p
Not pictured: 2 box fans, 4 large PC-style fans, a shelf full of more power strips and BFL power bricks, and the console (keyboard/mouse/monitor) for the host computer.
This is in a somewhat cramped basement so it was hard to get a picture with everything in it.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the custom BFL enclosure at the right of the top shelf; this came with my most recent BFL single purchase. Wink (thanks!!)

Host computer is an Intel Atom machine (the box with the bright blue light) but I'm currently having a lot of USB problems (which could actually be due to the units themselves... maybe it's because they're all used, but BFL Singles can be such a pain sometimes) so I'm looking to replace it with a regular computer soon. 

I know that I could power the BFLs from ATX power supplies using custom cables, but it would cost about $1000 US in cables and power supplies, and the Single SC's will require even more power (thicker cables + more power supplies) so I'm holding off until BFL's ASICs are out before I consider alternative power supplies.

I'm considering removing the cases from the units on the bottom shelf and will probably do this if a new host computer doesn't resolve my USB issues.  It almost seems like BFL sacrificed some of the functionality of these things to make them look nice, which I think is a terrible decision considering the purpose of bitcoin mining gear. Wink

Next step: Set up an air conditioner for when summer comes around...

Sick setup, I'm jelly.

I have those same shelves at my place, but unfortunately they're not loaded with FPGAs Grin
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:40:43 AM

Now I'm virtually all FPGAs and am desperate to get more hashrate (I'm a committed, but very small, miner), but FPGAs are expensive and only compete with GPUs on power consumption - in my experience (best hash per £ GPUs, so 5770, 5830, 5850, 6950 all with special tweaks; and a combination of Ztex's 1.15d and 1.15x FPGAs, so all Spartan-6 units).

I lost out on bASIC Tom even though I considered my due diligence pretty good; he had a record of delivering and didn't send off my risk analyst radar like BFL did. And whilst Avalon *have* delivered ASICs, I can't take days off work glued to my computer, propped up on amphetamines and repeatedly hitting ⌘R on the slim chance that I'll get onto the order webpage - and even then needing the luck to be able to actually *pay* and get a guaranteed build slot. I fear now is far too late anyway and Avalon have already sold their entire short production run, so it's 'start the process again'. I wouldn't be surprised if BFL go the same way, since there are too many rumours of chips not making the cut, and like Avalon they would only have a very limited number of discrete chips to package and test. With all the pre-orders, I'm sure I've missed the boat

Sure, I have the option to spend another £5k on 25 of Stefan's wonderful little boards and build another cool looking rig. It will be ultra-efficient and use little power. But, like the current one, it only has around 5 GH/sec. The ASIC devices are looking like around 50 GH/sec for something around £1k to (probably) £4k. I had a paid-for ASIC order in along with the other early adopters, but unluckily my order was with Tom and not Avalon. So if the ASIC boat has gone, with terahashes of power in various states of assembly at BFL and Avalon (et al) already earmarked for customers, buying as many FPGAs as possible *now* doesn't sound like it'll ever pay off  And that's even if I could get the FPGAs in the first place. Perhaps I should sell my existing FPGA rig for Bitcoins and simply invest (buy and hold only)...

I have no stake in Asics .... i decided not to because even Avalon could have been a scam (default op). I am a small committed miner myself.On my desk i have a beautiful fpga rig (Stefan's boards, 18 Spartans) chugging away 3.9Gh/s. I feel to upgrade but that would be an investment that i can not do at the moment....

Luckily though the current exchange value my investment in this rig will pay of itself in a few month (initially calculated repayment was 4 years!).

jml

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:52:42 PM

Now I'm virtually all FPGAs and am desperate to get more hashrate (I'm a committed, but very small, miner), but FPGAs are expensive and only compete with GPUs on power consumption - in my experience (best hash per £ GPUs, so 5770, 5830, 5850, 6950 all with special tweaks; and a combination of Ztex's 1.15d and 1.15x FPGAs, so all Spartan-6 units).

I lost out on bASIC Tom even though I considered my due diligence pretty good; he had a record of delivering and didn't send off my risk analyst radar like BFL did. And whilst Avalon *have* delivered ASICs, I can't take days off work glued to my computer, propped up on amphetamines and repeatedly hitting ⌘R on the slim chance that I'll get onto the order webpage - and even then needing the luck to be able to actually *pay* and get a guaranteed build slot. I fear now is far too late anyway and Avalon have already sold their entire short production run, so it's 'start the process again'. I wouldn't be surprised if BFL go the same way, since there are too many rumours of chips not making the cut, and like Avalon they would only have a very limited number of discrete chips to package and test. With all the pre-orders, I'm sure I've missed the boat

Sure, I have the option to spend another £5k on 25 of Stefan's wonderful little boards and build another cool looking rig. It will be ultra-efficient and use little power. But, like the current one, it only has around 5 GH/sec. The ASIC devices are looking like around 50 GH/sec for something around £1k to (probably) £4k. I had a paid-for ASIC order in along with the other early adopters, but unluckily my order was with Tom and not Avalon. So if the ASIC boat has gone, with terahashes of power in various states of assembly at BFL and Avalon (et al) already earmarked for customers, buying as many FPGAs as possible *now* doesn't sound like it'll ever pay off  And that's even if I could get the FPGAs in the first place. Perhaps I should sell my existing FPGA rig for Bitcoins and simply invest (buy and hold only)...

I have no stake in Asics .... i decided not to because even Avalon could have been a scam (default op). I am a small committed miner myself.On my desk i have a beautiful fpga rig (Stefan's boards, 18 Spartans) chugging away 3.9Gh/s. I feel to upgrade but that would be an investment that i can not do at the moment....

Luckily though the current exchange value my investment in this rig will pay of itself in a few month (initially calculated repayment was 4 years!).

It is a shame though that Stefan won't be stocking 1.15x for small orders. Now you would need a large order on that to get FPGA boards (I can confirm this). Checking again on the 1.15y, the product page has gone, so I am suspecting that it is either out of stock OR you need to place a large order (unless someone can confirm otherwise).

I only bought 1 1.15x to get into the grind of mining and I can see that it does bring in *some* money in despite the rise of BTC. So I am waiting on CM1 as I have very little faith that ASIC's will make it to the mainstream bitcoin mining market at least for this year.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

I have very little faith that ASIC's will make it to the mainstream bitcoin mining market at least for this year.
Even if you think BFL is a scam or will just delay another 4-6 weeks, Avalons have been in hands of customers for quote some time.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
crashoveride54902

Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:32:11 PM

wouldn't you get lower temps if you stood the unit upright and had the big fan blowing thru the units?

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
BR0KK

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:09:07 PM

wouldn't you get lower temps if you stood the unit upright and had the big fan blowing thru the units?

Yes the Picture is old im currently working on a enclosure for this rig Smiley

jerethdaminer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:14:03 PM

all these high end machines make me need a cold shower id post a picture of my rig but its not worth looking at compared to yours just a pc
 with a high end card but ive only been mining a week and aftrer needed upgrades im saddly looking at 5btc to recoup my iniitial costs Sad cant imagine having the guts to plonk down 5k£ on hardware in hopes of turning a profit my hats off to you
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:31:32 PM

New GPUs in my everyday desktop.
Yes, thats dual 7990s with a 850W 80+ Platinum PSU, pulls 950W from the wall with 1050/684 clocks. Originally had the PSU planned for 3x 7970s but it seems to do fine with these monsters too.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Kingwin-Lazer-Platinum-850-W-Power-Supply-Review/1527/10
god_43

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:08:33 PM

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-01-1721.24.30whsn9.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-02-2816.25.363psxf.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-04-2611.00.121ds5k.jpg

It is a shame though that Stefan won't be stocking 1.15x for small orders. Now you would need a large order on that to get FPGA boards (I can confirm this). Checking again on the 1.15y, the product page has gone, so I am suspecting that it is either out of stock OR you need to place a large order (unless someone can confirm otherwise).

I only bought 1 1.15x to get into the grind of mining and I can see that it does bring in *some* money in despite the rise of BTC. So I am waiting on CM1 as I have very little faith that ASIC's will make it to the mainstream bitcoin mining market at least for this year.

where did you get these units (and the board) from? the look like the zte usb units?
im just trying to figure out how i see these massive 28 - 7000 ghs!!! i mean asics are not really out in large numbers yet? bfl still has not shipped any units right?

thanks.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:58:15 PM

3x HD5870 = 1300Mhash/s

Never rebooted it in 8 days now  Smiley Rock solid @ 3x 437Mhash/s.

And this one is rock solid too Smiley
spinx

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:25:57 AM

This is my temporary setup until i get my pci-risers
Running 3 of 5 7950's as for now. Need to finetune it for LTC, work in progress.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:47:12 PM

My new toy
trippp

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:02:26 PM

What's that? A "portable" AC unit?
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: