Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:44:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:40:23 PM

ty for the update. I am still a little confused about paykey. It seems from the blog that it is a complete separate project to the getgems app and gemz. Is this correct or is gems used somehow in the transfer process?
tks
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:50:26 PM

Great new update! Just downloaded and tested it. Airdrop works fine for me on iOS version.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 08:59:11 PM

ty for the update. I am still a little confused about paykey. It seems from the blog that it is a complete separate project to the getgems app and gemz. Is this correct or is gems used somehow in the transfer process?
tks
I would like to know the same thing.

PayKey enables the ability to transfer cryptocurrency (gems/bitcoin) and fiat money (USD, CNY, etc) within any social network.

So Gems will/can be used I think

_@/'
eightnineten

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

Thank you guys for all the work that has been done. You're doing an amazing job!!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:33:36 PM

tks

PayKey enables the ability to transfer cryptocurrency (gems/bitcoin) and fiat money (USD, CNY, etc) within any social network.

PayKey technology enables to send gems (bitcoin and fiat also) within any social network (not just within Telegram).
Fiat will (at least initially) use "traditional rails" and gems / bitcoin will use blockchain. 
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:51:24 PM

Thanks for the blog, keep up the great work, btw for those who have questions Daniel will host an AMA on Zapchain, waiting for date and time.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:06:19 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 10:16:53 PM by reRaise

Thanks guys, very exciting update: Airdrop, web client, paykey, citi accelarator and who knows what more. I actually have a couple of questions so the ama comes in at a good time.

Also great to see the adoption of GetGems is growing!
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:51:53 PM

Even if the only news was 27% monthly adoption I would be excited, with everything else especially PayKey I'm crazily excited. I also have questions and will wait for the question time. I hope the team focuses on the essentials now and gets PayKey out in the wild ASAP....my hunch is its gonna be huge.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:39:12 PM

Even if the only news was 27% monthly adoption I would be excited, with everything else especially PayKey I'm crazily excited. I also have questions and will wait for the question time. I hope the team focuses on the essentials now and gets PayKey out in the wild ASAP....my hunch is its gonna be huge.

I see 3 big benefits for Gemz with Paykey:

- It will make Gemz tokens global, you will be able to transact Gemz on every social media, facebook, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Wechat etc.

- It will be possible to advertise via the Paykey space which is straight from the keyboard on your smartphone, and they will need Gemz tokens to advertise.

- Companies who want to use Paykey will get to know the GetGems brand which is great advertising itsself.

reRaise

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:48:53 PM

- It will make Gemz tokens global, you will be able to transact Gemz on every social media, facebook, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Wechat etc.

- It will be possible to advertise via the Paykey space which is straight from the keyboard on your smartphone, and they will need Gemz tokens to advertise.

- Companies who want to use Paykey will get to know the GetGems brand which is great advertising itsself.

Awesome, but mainstream users should have an easy way to buy Gemz with fiat, non of these users will even go to poloniex. One of the questions i would like to ask Daniel is if the AE has been implemented will the company offer an easy way to purchase Gemz without going to an exchange? Like using Paypal, iDeal, paysafecard, webmoney, visa, mastercard, american express, moneybookers etc.

I think the loop in getting onboard, using the app and spending is getting closer, just the channel for aquiring Gems for mainstream users must be improved.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:03:48 AM

I'm sort of on the fence about the validity of paykey...sounds kinda like another generic attempt to squeeze some shekels out of us  Undecided
eightnineten

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:04:43 AM

tks

PayKey technology enables to send gems (bitcoin and fiat also) within any social network (not just within Telegram).
Fiat will (at least initially) use "traditional rails" and gems / bitcoin will use blockchain. 

Hi Daniel,

Are you going to incentivize PayKey users to use and adopt Gemz, such as offering discounted transaction fees for Gemz for the first year or two? Also, will users be able to purchase Gemz directly through PayKey?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:17:21 AM

I'm sort of on the fence about the validity of paykey...sounds kinda like another generic attempt to squeeze some shekels out of us  Undecided

How could something that provides a service and ask nothing of you as holder of gems be on the take?

of course this is business and if they provide a service people want it and charge .5% to send money across social networks then what's the scam? If no one ever tried to provide a service competively then we would all be living in a cave hunting and gathering.  Roll Eyes

reRaise

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:36:28 AM

tks

Hi Daniel,

Are you going to incentivize PayKey users to use and adopt Gemz, such as offering discounted transaction fees for Gemz for the first year or two? Also, will users be able to purchase Gemz directly through PayKey?

Buying gemz directly from paykey would be great, we should bypass the need and hassle to go to poloniex, especially with the AE in place.

Also this part i really like: Instead of limiting GetGems to the telegram social network, we aim to be completely global and leverage the largest social messengers for money transfer.

Is the 27% from the total of around 15k users or from something else? This would mean a monthy growth of around 4000 users! If this is really the case then with the airdrop we can certainly atleast keep or accelerate this pace and within a reasonable time we can reach 100k users, so fcking exciting.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 01:23:03 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 02:14:16 AM by yoyoamigo

and then companies/businesses throw in some discounts to encourage users to use the GETGEMS app + PayKey to get the discount and at the cashier, there will be a small GETGEMS/PayKey banner. Or possibly even outside at the entrance of the shop if there's a promotion going on.

this cycle of activity alone will exponentially boost awareness + adoption for BOTH companies/businesses and GETGEMS.
advertisement = more awareness = more adoption = more advertisement done = more awareness created = MORE ADOPTION = THE WORLD!!!

discount is a must. majority of discount giving services have never failed to achieve their targets. if there is any failure, it is failing to let as many people know about their discounts. i myself have troubles keeping track of so many and i really wish i knew some of them. but it's just difficult honestly speaking. even if there's a website that helps to gather all this info into one place, it is still exhausting to look through all of them. easy to keep track of one...but when you have 10-30 or different companies/businesses use different means to advertise (mail, facebook, their own website, members only, limited sale, at the shop only, etc), yea...i'm just saying im a bargain hunter   Grin

let's just take for one example. i am looking to buy a new computer mouse. and there are so many brands available. i have to manually look up for each one of them to see if there is any promotion/discount. and then, i have to look at certain shops because they are the distributors and they too can have their own discounts. no wait! PC Fair, IT conventions, they usually have better discounts. gotta check on that too. Now...how many of us does all of these? majority or minority? And then think about it - how much time is being spent using social media and further zooming in, how much time is spent on the keyboard on our smartphone? our eyes practically.

Here's the thing - first and foremost, any business/companies that uses cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, can easily offer better discounts. And then coupled that with their usual sales and promotional events = bigger discounts.  Cool it's just logical, from a businessman point of view. and there will be competition, as usual, among companies/businesses to see who has better discounts. using cryptocurrencies allows them to save more and give more.  Cool

But that's not the real deal with PayKey

the GETGEMS Team is basically taking this feature to the next level. instead of putting it in an app, which is GETGEMS app, why not put it somewhere...where its everywhere and not just in an app. like the keyboard! many of us use SwiftKey keyboard app. and its practically everywhere - we use it on facebook, whatsapp, etc. because its a main aspect of the smartphone. BUT who is to say we can't do anything more to a keyboard app? frankly though, its better known as a GETGEMS Keyboard. but its weird to call it that i guess. and it doesn't do well to promote it since its in a social media app. not a keyboard app. we can't promote a social media app to other social media apps. but we can if its a keyboard app (although essentially not an app. but its one heck of a keyboard feature!). am i right so far? i guess it makes sense at least. but i bet the GETGEMS Team have way more reasons and better explanations in regards to this, after all the brainstorming.

Also, im guessing that this PayKey feature, although it sounds very separated from GETGEMS, i believe users can only get it by downloading the GETGEMS app. it would be a bad idea to totally separate it from GETGEMS and make it into another app. This may cause people to ONLY DOWNLOAD PayKey and not GETGEMS. So i believe, how it will be done will be like this - download GETGEMS app and it will also install and replace the smartphone's standard keyboard with GETGEMS' PayKey.  Wink

Whatever the case is, we can't forget the true underlying purpose of a cryptocurrency - to use it, to spend it. with PayKey and GETGEMS, we are a few steps closer to instantly deducting fiat from our banks (or digital wallets) and changing it into a cryptocurrency on the fly and then spending it in the very next second without any change in its price (or with as little change as possible).

Hopefully when it comes to regulations and stuff, the GETGEMS Team will have all that sorted out. that's the only concern i have. But Facebook has been there for some time - being able to send money and stuff to each other as a facebook user. doesn't seem like there's any legal issues so far.

THIS IS GENTLEMEN!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:34:07 AM

Even before you look at complex opportunities, simply being able to pay cross social network platforms with its patented paykey makes it potentially a billion dollar company.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:53:03 AM

Made a GetGems Topic at r/beermoney, 98k subscribers https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/3s4g7i/this_instant_messenger_app_shares_income_with/
reRaise

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:39:02 PM

@GetGems Team

I am very excited about the desktop client, GetGems has completely replaced WhatsApp for me already and I hope the Desktop Version will make it possible to shove Skype into a corner aswell.

PayKey :  If you've found a fast, safe and secure way to do this and have the support from the banking industry, this is indeed big and very exciting.

Questions:
Will people be able to install the PayKey keyboard without installing the GetGems App?
If so, how will the incentive element work for PayKey only users?

"PayKey sits on the most lucrative “real estate” on your phone." -> This "real estate" will need to be paid for by advertisers, I doubt these advertisers will go and buy GEMZ at poloniex to pay for the space / exposure they want but pay you in USD, EUR or whatever currency.. will you then convert 100% of the received funds into GEMZ at open market value or will buying advertising space with fiat fall out-side of the circle, or do you have a model in mind how this is going to work?

----- Non update related questions.

Most GEMZ transaction are off-chain which makes it instant, perfect! But why are transactions with a destination outside of the app taking so enormously long and do you have another strategy for when PayKey rolls out?

Book keeping.. where are the GEMZ used in Airdrop, Daily GiveAway and PrimeDice coming from? You have reserved 35.000.000 GEMZ for this yet none of them have moved, this is presuming the addresses holding 10.000.000 (x3) and 5.000.000 (x1) are for this purpose. Have you been funding the Airdrop and Give aways out of your own GEMZ Stash?

Excactly, they must offer an easy solution to buy Gemz with fiat in this case. The app makes managing money so easy, just buying it (Gemz) should improve. Although one of the best news for me from the update was the 27% users growth in a month, very impressed and excited by this news.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:16:48 PM

As the above posters alluded to, the key for gemz users in regards to paykey is that advertisers have to pay for advertising on paykey with gemz which is then paid back to users like the getgems app model. I see no issue with getgems (company) taking a cut from this by providing the service to convert fiat to gems on behalf of advertisers. They will be getting the 0.5% also from people sending fiat to one another.
I am still not sure how that is going to work. ie I link my account to the paykey app and send someone $5 on whatsapp. They must then do something, I presume download paykey also, but do they also have to link to their bank account?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:17:33 PM

Gems can be used in so many ways in paykey to attract users etc but I'm just happy it will be a payment option along for the fiat ride....... I think the reason any app is popular is solves a problem.

As Daniel said in recent competition, many people use a few social media platforms and mobile payments is a massively growing industry....so if you are the only option to pay in all your social media platforms that is a massive selling point. Otherwise you will have to hook up your bank to all your different apps. Paykey, one bank hook up all platforms...simple and and will be wanted.

Imagine it as a kind of Paypal that can make payments through a text message inside any app....basically there is nothing like it now. To say this could be a billion dollar company is conservative. I expect companies like FB might at some point want to buy them out. I mean who these days wants to put credit cards in multiple sites....people want to click paypal and do it, same with Paykey....but much much better.  

*And just incase you think well I only use FB why bother with all this. I teach Korean youth and they use at least 3 social media apps, and they all are moving into payments. e.g Kakoatalk, Instagram, FB...and that's basics.......many use more. Now you can see why banks want in on this.
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: