Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:57:08 AM

So if a coin with CRW's profile were to be in the position that it's use was worth $100 MM in some fashion and the odds of it's continued success are 50%, then $50MM/$42 MM is about $1 per coin, which is about 50x where it is now.   So modest success of an alt-coin project like CRW (and like many others as well -- CRW is not unique in it's pursuit of a slice of the real economy) could achieve a 50x return... and in the worst case and honestly most probable scenario -- CRW ends up worthless... but in that case you only lose 1x.

Its common knowledge that Evan premined darkcoin. I never really piled onto dash because of this fact. CRW offers a much more equal (and in some areas better than) platform for now that I believe will continue to consume larger portions of the market. I don't think CRW will end up worthless any less than btc would end up worthless (pesetacoin is still around barely but worth "something" and honestly, I cannot figure out why that coin still has a market) ... I don't think crowncoin however, will fall like pesetacoin did, since the development is continuing and the announcements keep flowing.

This is a very active community and I am really happy to have "implemented" myself into it lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 02:32:07 AM

Nice to have new members of the community helping with the implementation -- its one of the key things that needs to happen.

I don't think the worst case scenario going to be what happens - but I think it's a useful analytical tool to be able to stare at the worst that can happen in a situation and see how it makes you feel -- so that you can keep from getting carried away by the feeling as the roller-coaster inevitably goes on it's ride (imagine Steve Martin in Parenthood hearing the ratcheting of the roller coaster in his head).  Or if you prefer see, Rudyard Kipling's "If..."

The value of CRW at this point isn't in the coin as much as it is in the community that is gathering... and the most likely "downside scenario" is forks or division in the core team and the community.  So analytically this is probably what one would want to watch for... but the goal is for their to be an active and constructive debate about the issues as the project comes together, so you should see genuine disagreements emerge and collide and hopefully those collisions will result in new and better ideas... either before or after a trip to the pub...

But I also just felt like there was enough "price talk" that it would be useful to unpack a simple case for how to think about the potential value to an "independent trustless distributed and decentralized fault-tolerant platform for computing, communication and commerce"... 

I think both the issues around pre-mining or self-distribution schemes, major corporate sponsorship of foundations or investment through VC's, and also just ownership concentration are ones which will be addressed over time. 

My impression of the folks involved in this project is that everyone would rather have a small piece of something huge than a huge piece of something small, and I have seen members of the team -- particularly CCK put this into action and it is part of what made me hang around and start messaging these guys... and then I also realized that at least a few of them are wicked smart too.

It promises to be an interesting ride.

calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 06:44:39 AM

Thronemonitor is now on the play store. iOS will follow not to far away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.crowncoin.thrones

Any problems, please let me know and I will do my best to get them sorted asap  Wink
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:41:54 AM

Any problems, please let me know and I will do my best to get them sorted asap  Wink

Great job mate! Send me your CRW address and I will send you a bounty asap

crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 05:46:02 PM

Any problems, please let me know and I will do my best to get them sorted asap  Wink

Great job mate! Send me your CRW address and I will send you a bounty asap

I am looking forward to the iOS as an Apple user  Wink

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:50:49 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 09:37:41 PM by thelonecrouton

Hi all, I was asked to post a short vid of where I'm at with the Crown wallet redesign. I'm not the designer here, just the QT guy, but I really liked the brief I was given and the help I've had from the team members has been outstanding.

Some notes from my point of view  -  vid title suggests to me where I'm at in meeting said spec. There's a whole lot of detail work still to be done but it's being posted here as an opportunity for all of you to give feedback before the design implementation is finalised.

I have an extensive personal to-do list but please speak up, your opinion can and will help CRW. For those curious, the wallet is launched with "./dash-qt" (and it's compiled from a CRW-team owned bitcoin repo) as Crown is updating to the latest Bitcoin and Dash code - work remains to be done all round but we're getting there and the Crown team is a huge step up from anyone I've ever worked with in crypto before.

Here you go:

https://vimeo.com/190149405]

Let us know what you think!  Smiley
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:33:36 AM

Hi all, I was asked to post a short vid of where I'm at with the Crown wallet redesign. I'm not the designer here, just the QT guy, but I really liked the brief I was given and the help I've had from the team members has been outstanding.

Some notes from my point of view  -  vid title suggests to me where I'm at in meeting said spec. There's a whole lot of detail work still to be done but it's being posted here as an opportunity for all of you to give feedback before the design implementation is finalised.

I have an extensive personal to-do list but please speak up, your opinion can and will help CRW. For those curious, the wallet is launched with "./dash-qt" (and it's compiled from a CRW-team owned bitcoin repo) as Crown is updating to the latest Bitcoin and Dash code - work remains to be done all round but we're getting there and the Crown team is a huge step up from anyone I've ever worked with in crypto before.

Here you go:

https://vimeo.com/190149405]

Let us know what you think!  Smiley

Wallet looks amazong, very regal  Smiley
calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:41:34 AM

This looks fantastic. Really great job!
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 04:26:45 PM

Market cap ticking up towards the end of the week. 284k now

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:06:41 PM

Got quite a bit more done on the wallet today, pull request submitted for testing. 
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:11:16 PM

Got quite a bit more done on the wallet today, pull request submitted for testing. 

Testing you say.  Can I help?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 11:52:03 AM

Testing you say.  Can I help?

Sure, pester infernoman for a new Win build... Wink   -   Or I can point you at the repo if you can build yourself.
urban_idler

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:31:45 PM

I'd love to help with testing too.. but will need some handholding on how to do since I am new to this stuff....

Along those lines -- if I am testing stuff on the machine which I am also running my thrones from, then I will worry about any security holes I might be opening up -- which is probably less of a risk than just running windows anyway -- but got me thinking...

I would like to be able to specify a "pay to address" in the Crowncoin.conf file of each throne -- so that the thrones could just receive all their payments in one address, rather than each throne receiving payments in the same address which the collateral is kept in.  The primary benefit of this is segmenting the earnings from the collateral at the address and also wallet level, so that coin locking isn't an issue and also so that I can just keep the collateral separate -- just like I would with "real world" collateral... so I am also just trying to push the digital process to look more like it's real world analog, which has been tested in its own way for centuries, so has some lessons to teach -- despite it's other obvious bugs...

I would put the pay to address in the Crowncoin.conf because then it points to and you can see whether you are receiving payments from your wallet you are managing the throne from -- it feels like there could be a one-many problem where more than one thone.conf could seem to claim a throne somehow if one were to specify the pay to address from the throne management wallet...  but I just thought of this about 30 minutes ago when I thought about helping test some code -- so am still thinking it through...   

This also have the benefit of not relying on the ephemeral wallet locking function or other wallet coin control to secure the collateral -- but would allow it to be kept offline in paper wallets or some other "vault" -- laptop in a freezer in a cave in Switzerland (crypto meets cryo?)... never understood vaults... seems like laminated paper or something else preserved that way and kept in a binder is probably best... but I like using three ring binders to save notes, articles, clips and other things that I want to be able to look at later -- my own person idiosyncracy.

Thoughts?

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:01:07 PM

I'd love to help with testing too.. but will need some handholding on how to do since I am new to this stuff....

Along those lines -- if I am testing stuff on the machine which I am also running my thrones from, then I will worry about any security holes I might be opening up -- which is probably less of a risk than just running windows anyway -- but got me thinking...

I would like to be able to specify a "pay to address" in the Crowncoin.conf file of each throne -- so that the thrones could just receive all their payments in one address, rather than each throne receiving payments in the same address which the collateral is kept in.  The primary benefit of this is segmenting the earnings from the collateral at the address and also wallet level, so that coin locking isn't an issue and also so that I can just keep the collateral separate -- just like I would with "real world" collateral... so I am also just trying to push the digital process to look more like it's real world analog, which has been tested in its own way for centuries, so has some lessons to teach -- despite it's other obvious bugs...

I would put the pay to address in the Crowncoin.conf because then it points to and you can see whether you are receiving payments from your wallet you are managing the throne from -- it feels like there could be a one-many problem where more than one thone.conf could seem to claim a throne somehow if one were to specify the pay to address from the throne management wallet...  but I just thought of this about 30 minutes ago when I thought about helping test some code -- so am still thinking it through...   

This also have the benefit of not relying on the ephemeral wallet locking function or other wallet coin control to secure the collateral -- but would allow it to be kept offline in paper wallets or some other "vault" -- laptop in a freezer in a cave in Switzerland (crypto meets cryo?)... never understood vaults... seems like laminated paper or something else preserved that way and kept in a binder is probably best... but I like using three ring binders to save notes, articles, clips and other things that I want to be able to look at later -- my own person idiosyncracy.

Thoughts?

Once the current code update is complete, you should be able to do exactly this - IIRC you simply specify a payout address for each throne in your throne.conf file. You can send all your throne payouts to the same paper wallet or whatever suits you.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:08:45 PM

Thoughts?

Once the current code update is complete, you should be able to do exactly this - IIRC you simply specify a payout address for each throne in your throne.conf file. You can send all your throne payouts to the same paper wallet or whatever suits you.

Would this be the same when using a throne.conf?
urban_idler

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:22:46 PM

I get it -- guess I want the address with the throne collateral to be in a different wallet than the one which I am running the thrones from... and am curious if I can run thrones from a wallet which doesn't hold the address which has the throne collateral payment?

And this may be in the dash update -- but I would like to effectively be able to "nominate" a throne management address which also receives the throne payments for all or some set of throne masternodes?

And I would like to be able to do that from each individual throne, ideally -- so that that information is distributed/decentralized... I get that it can be done and sound like this is already set up in DASH and will come with the update to have the info in the throne.conf file -- but it just feels like we want as little as possible in that file because it is the "hub" and a single point of failure....

Anyway -- thanks for the feedback and I will look more closely at the Dash capabilities/code.

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 09:54:11 AM

We need to find a balance between robot codes and human intuition, which robots will never have. Working on this within one of the goals of Crown Revolution. Its wrong when robots rule, but its neccessary to employ them to guard the good.

There are some clear examples where can we learn.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/07/what-caused-pound-flash-crash-brexit-fallen-sterling

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:09:37 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 03:51:07 PM by CHAOSiTEC

Node-vps still has 25 19 throne spots available, before closing for new customers.

we are slowly building the next generation system, but nothing will be disclosed until finished...

when we go live with the new systems, we will migrate all thrones already hosted to the new system...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

Node-vps still has 25 throne spots available, before closing for new customers.

Running out quick Smiley 19 left!
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 03:38:46 PM

Node-vps still has 25 throne spots available, before closing for new customers.

Running out quick Smiley 19 left!

Probably the easiest way hot to set up a Throne. I have set up a few of them with chaos and they are running smooth

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: