Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115831 times)
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:09:41 AM

^^

Hmm... not sure I entirely agree.

I think what will happen is that FCT will spike high and then come right back down after the M2 annoucement. This will flush out most of the degenerate Poloniex gamblers. Then we'll see a steady rise and a new base will be established.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:40:13 AM

Does Factom have a slack channel?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:05:11 PM

^^

I think what will happen is that FCT will spike high and then come right back down after the M2 annoucement. This will flush out most of the degenerate Poloniex gamblers. Then we'll see a steady rise and a new base will be established.

Well, I know it s not easy to have patience and not sell, especially now when BTC s up. However, that patience is what makes a difference between real investors and crypto speculators who rely purely on their luck.

If it would be easy, we would all be filthy rich, right?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 07:09:19 PM by D-Lux

^^

The last month+ has already shaken out the weak hands -- and even a lot of the fairly strong hands, and just uncertain hands. This isn't a market for "degenerate Polo gamblers" ATM, except for the shorters, who will be forced to rebuy with the testnet/M2 releases.

Also I think you're underestimating the importance of M2. Snow has called it the capstone for Factom for this year and many others. With the bonus of Exodus wallet integration, possibly learning what IOC POC stands for in the usage charts, plus any of the other pipeline announcements that may come about with M2 work finally completed, I find it extremely unlikely that FCT will return to anywhere near sub-400k levels after M2. But of course, we'll see, and hopefully soon ...  Smiley
D-Lux

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:28:43 PM

Does Factom have a slack channel?

I don't believe so. At least not one open to the public.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:11:11 PM

Lol i thought lets visit this after months and people still talking about M2.

People their like how many months behind 7>8
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:22:06 PM

As long it is within this year, no issues there. Factom team, can we get confirmation about M2 being launched in 2016? I think that would fair from your side.

Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:23:43 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 08:45:47 PM by Mrboot

As long it is within this year, no issues there. Factom team, can we get confirmation about M2 being launched in 2016? I think that would fair from your side.

They dont care about factoid price thats the only reason why i sold already.
They will earn the same on their business they lead.

For them atm it doesnt matter if Factoids are $0,1 or 4.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:03:36 PM

No thank god for that. They are only successful if Factom is used. And if Factom is used a lot, it needs tons of ECs. I much rather invest in a protocol that is build by a company focused on use than only on the value of a token. Use equals value. That is exactly what makes factom great.
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:37:35 AM

FCTBTC @ 0.00367 last as i write.

this is a very important support level which worked in the 3rd week of August, and at the beginning of the month...

normally it should hold at least one more time.

the problem is 4H or 1H chart are not oversold yet, daily not at all...
and its vacuum below that level, the only graphical supports 0.00306 the intraday lows from stop-hunting day, and 0.0025 next

So the risk/reward seems pretty low, i recently played twice a bounce for a trade, but i prefer to sit out this time.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:55:33 AM

this is a very important support level which worked in the 3rd week of August, and at the beginning of the month...

and its vacuum below that level, the only graphical supports 0.00306 the intraday lows from stop-hunting day, and 0.0025 next

So the risk/reward seems pretty low, i recently played twice a bounce for a trade, but i prefer to sit out this time.

Thanks for the buy signal.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:12:01 AM

My condolences.
Elpadrinho

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:36:18 AM

My condolences.

RIP Grossbit Sad
GrossBit

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:50:03 AM

well the support worked, congrats for those who played it

i didn't like the setup
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:52:59 AM

Factoid price is one man or one team show. They constantly play pump and dump and will continue doing so until M2 and until the price breaks out up big time. There s no point in analysing fundamentals, they will never allow for the price to go down significantly and all they re trying to catch is this ping pong interval of about 15% price difference.

So stop trying to FUD and overthink this, this tactics is so predictable. 5 year old kid would figure it out. Take a look the situation now, within a next week, the price will go up to 440 again.

D-Lux

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:45:31 AM

Factoid price is one man or one team show. They constantly play pump and dump and will continue doing so until M2 and until the price breaks out up big time. There s no point in analysing fundamentals, they will never allow for the price to go down significantly and all they re trying to catch is this ping pong interval of about 15% price difference.

So stop trying to FUD and overthink this, this tactics is so predictable. 5 year old kid would figure it out. Take a look the situation now, within a next week, the price will go up to 440 again.

I think I actually agree. But you think it's whales trying to play the margin, not trying to accumulate?
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:03:19 AM

No thank god for that. They are only successful if Factom is used. And if Factom is used a lot, it needs tons of ECs. I much rather invest in a protocol that is build by a company focused on use than only on the value of a token. Use equals value. That is exactly what makes factom great.

Not true what if they sell a mortgage contract for 250 dollar but only use 4 entry credits rest is company profit
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:52:28 AM

Not true what if they sell a mortgage contract for 250 dollar but only use 4 entry credits rest is company profit

Uhhh Ok didn't see that one coming. It is a protocol, to be used by everyone. There a billions of mortgages in the world and the are revised or updated regularly. Even with 4 ECs used for solely this purpose factom and factoids are quite interesting. If Factom makes 250 euro a mortgage contract I will be the fist to launch a competing service on the same protocol for less. Still using (a lot of) ECs though. Now imagine every single use case (outside of a mortgage contract) which has some sort of administration/trust in the process.... it's uses eclipse bitcoin and almost all alt coins combined.
GrossBit

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:04:22 AM

I'm not making predictions about where its going next week. 440 maybe, 320 maybe. no conviction here.

but I think you're not seeing straight. There is no particular conspiracy on Factom. Look at any major altcoin on Poloniex and look where it was trading at the highs last month, and where its trading now, and the vast majority is down by the same order of magnitude (or more !) than FCT. The vast majority of traders is long (by definition, somebody must hold those coins, and short interest is limited, and any short is sold to an extra long...) and the markdown in price is hurting, prompting traders for the exit, regardless of the (perceived) "cheapness" of this or that coin. I don't see many exceptions ETH, XRP, ETC, XMR, LSK, XEM, STEEM,...

Prices going down means destroyed margin, a lot of those coins were used as collateral for margin trades. As prices go lower, you have a wealth effect, and people cannot buy as much as before with the same collateral.... it always takes a lot to reverse this dynamic. Its a bear market in Altcoins, and in bear markets, even what is cheap, gets even cheaper. There would be no exception for FCT, if this bear market is to continue, and unless there is a big game changer (M2 is not a game changer), the pain trade is down in price. The only cure to a bear market is lower prices where assets are so dirt cheap, (new) people buy again.

In the current bearish environment, i think everyone should be prudent and not overleveraged/overinvested in anything, especially not an illiquid crypto-token.
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:30:39 AM

I'm not making predictions about where its going next week. 440 maybe, 320 maybe. no conviction here.

but I think you're not seeing straight. There is no particular conspiracy on Factom. Look at any major altcoin on Poloniex and look where it was trading at the highs last month, and where its trading now, and the vast majority is down by the same order of magnitude (or more !) than FCT. The vast majority of traders is long (by definition, somebody must hold those coins, and short interest is limited, and any short is sold to an extra long...) and the markdown in price is hurting, prompting traders for the exit, regardless of the (perceived) "cheapness" of this or that coin. I don't see many exceptions ETH, XRP, ETC, XMR, LSK, XEM, STEEM,...

Prices going down means destroyed margin, a lot of those coins were used as collateral for margin trades. As prices go lower, you have a wealth effect, and people cannot buy as much as before with the same collateral.... it always takes a lot to reverse this dynamic. Its a bear market in Altcoins, and in bear markets, even what is cheap, gets even cheaper. There would be no exception for FCT, if this bear market is to continue, and unless there is a big game changer (M2 is not a game changer), the pain trade is down in price. The only cure to a bear market is lower prices where assets are so dirt cheap, (new) people buy again.

In the current bearish environment, i think everyone should be prudent and not overleveraged/overinvested in anything, especially not an illiquid crypto-token.

I dont really agree on this, cause some coins are indeed undervalued and can get trackion any second, dont forget were not talking about bitcoin here Factom got a small market cap. And big investors joining might already make a huge diffrent.

We might see a retracement to 300k lvl but i doubt lower, but again that also depends on much diffrent things for example 1) what will bitcoin do 2) What will the usage do 3) Will M2 be launched 4) What will the economie do in general.

The usage have been in a nice grow but untill m2 is released i wonder what will happen to the Entry's will it increase will it decrease no one actually knows, but some people that are not small at all for example billionaire investor Tim Draper says this

“Governments also need better security from hackers, and the Blockchain avails them of better security than they currently have. I believe that the Factom team has the opportunity and the potential to build a company greater than Oracle and Palantir and IBM combined.”

means were not talking about 20 million anymore, but i hope they dont focus only on the goverments security and also focus on IoT etc.

Still no one can tell the future and we might see a bitcoin run first after elections and db failing or returning.
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: