Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:48:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:18:54 AM

Is listing on Polo really can be bought? If so, maybe we could also donate to this?

If anyone can find out what different exchanges are charging absolutely, why not. We could use a few new exchanges as that may drive more volume.

If Bay can get on Polo, I think the increased volume and visibility would make it skyrocket.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
TRcoinvestor

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:42:18 AM

Hi guys. This is my first message. And BitBay is my first investment in cryptocurrencies also. I have fully synchronized the Halo wallet. But I'm still keeping my BAYs on Bittrex. I'm afraid of a collapse on my PC, a system failure on Halo.exe etc. Bad things happen to me very often and I don't want to lose my precious BAYs, nobody does. Anyway, how can i backup my wallet? And I would be glad if you give me some other advices about securing my BAYs. Thank you. Keep up the good work!

You should never keep much money on an exchange. A long history of exchanges being hacked speaks against it.
You can use the client or the Qt wallet. I recommend the client. Make several backups of your keys and remember a backup kept in your home does not help you if your house burns down.
For Qt wallet you need to backup a file called "wallet.dat"
For the client you need to backup "key1.private" and "key2.private" (the client is multisig. Much safer, but requires you to have both keys in order to transact)

You might also want to join our slack. A lot of noob questions are answered there every day.

http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

Thank you Munti. That's very helpful. I had invested in BitBay for a long term. I jumped into this train when it was 1070 sats. I was super happy when it hit 2000. I thought about selling it at that price, because it doubled in just two weeks. I'm a stock trader also. Those who trade on stock exchanges are familliar with this selling/keeping conflict. People usually wait for 3-6 months to double their investments in a bullish market. But, no! That was a long term investment and I would not sell it until it reaches $1. But some greedy douchebags decided to feast on that price. And it dropped to 997 in just 5 days. My money was almost about to melt. That was a huge wave to take profit. And no one seems to be in love with this coin. They're dangerously rational. So I've decided to trade. If they are selling, why do I just watch them weaken my investment? I guess I was too naive.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:27:10 PM

Yeah we got hammered hard by this guy.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?15057.htm

Dumped 4.4 million coins on us last night.
Sadly if he sold conservatively he could have made nearly twice as much.

But one less person to have to deal with in the future.

They sell like this to install fear and cause others to dump.

I think this is just a churner that no doubt will buy  back in cheaper and repeat this process over and over.
Bay as it is now has little to no incentive to stop this. The interest rate on the pos is tiny and there is no punishment what so ever for this kind of thing.
We need incentives for accumulation and holding. The peg will perhaps take care of this but the pegging price will start much lower than it should due to these churners.

Tiered levels of pos depending on amount and duration held would be ideal but pos3 seems not set up for this. Also only having one exchange is not a good thing.

Would be nice to see a few more whales who believe in holding long term join. Or obviously even better would be lots of new small investors.

Over all we are on the way up but it is a slower process due to churners having no incentive not to churn.

SYS been hit too they were at once point 5x bay now just over 2x so a few projects getting thrashed down atm.

Only those that have huge incentive to hold and punishment for dumping are holding up. Dash sadly. Masternodes for proven projects do work well in that way.

anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:17:46 PM

They sell like this to install fear and cause others to dump.

I think this is just a churner that no doubt will buy  back in cheaper and repeat this process over and over.

You are right, noticed huge buy support between 1100-1200 satoshis. Looks like same guy is buying back.
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:21:42 AM

BitBay Community Update -  July 2nd 2017

BitBay has begun its Chinese Tencent QQ community marketing campaign!
http://www.hongico.com/portal.php
We wish to expand our outreach into the Chinese community for months to come and provide as many community updates and translated blogs as possible!

David’s prepping to release next update for the Client - can be expected this coming week.
The new built-in price tracking Custom Contract Template and soon to be released Buy/Sell Anything Template. This price tracking is vital for merchants to keep their merchandise as accurate as possible in real time.
Will provide a superficial fix to Mac synchronization issue
Along with an updated addnode list to the bitbay.conf file for stronger network connections.

Multiple translators are beginning translations of BitBay documentation.
Currently we have in progress the translation of the bitcointalk OP in:
Dutch
French
Chinese
Portuguese
Some of these translators will be managing the native tongue BCT threads as well
We obviously have many more translator positions to fill. If you are interested please contact either Aletha or Craig.

We are still organizing our preliminary budget before we release an official update to our community on our marketing fund - should hopefully be next week.

Development of our two secret projects that are due to be release this summer are progressing. Hope to be testing one to prep for release within the next 2-3 weeks. We apologize for the delay, the developer’s family health issue has passed with good news and he is finally back to coding!

Thanks for supporting BitBay!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Gilboa

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 03:04:11 AM

Great news! Looking forward to the secret summer projects.

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord
timmyzhl

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:39:54 AM

This is an old coin. It seems that the development is still good, but the price is a little high. We are hesitating whether to buy some or not
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:53:37 AM

Absolutely loving the steady stream of good news Smiley Keep it up guys!

lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:02:11 AM

This is an old coin. It seems that the development is still good, but the price is a little high. We are hesitating whether to buy some or not

Price is high based on what? I'm curious on how you came to this conclusion.  Bitbay and Syscoin are in a similar space, but Bitbay only has 1/2-1/3 the marketcap of syscoin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:29:15 PM

After all this time people still don't understand how valuation works and how to use it to make a maximum profit.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:33:48 PM

High? Are you serious? Compared to what? BAY is WAY under priced, if you want to buy in, I wouldn't wait too long...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:15:05 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 02:03:19 AM by Bee Cho Chen

It is actually very undervalued. BAY has had solid development for a few years and is just starting with the marketing. Most of the times it is the other way around with coins selling nothing but hype and hope, especially these ICOs. Once the word really spreads, the sky isn't the limit, the moon isn't the limit, not even 1 billion light years away is the limit. BAY has true top 5 potential, especially once the rolling peg is implemented. There are so many use cases for BAY it is crazy. Also, BAY is currently cheaper than other similar projects which are thought to be inferior to BAY by a lot of people...
HVCC

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:41:50 AM

Solid announcement, posted it on Steemit: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@hvcrypto/bitbay-community-update-7-2-17

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:10:01 AM

It is actually very undervalued. BAY has had solid development for a few years and is just starting with the marketing. Most of the times it is the other way around with coins selling nothing but hype and hope, especially these ICOs. Once the word really spreads, the sky isn't the limit, the moon isn't the limit, not even 1 billion light years away is the limit. BAY has true top 5 potential, especially once the rolling peg is implemented. There are so many use cases for BAY it is crazy. Also, BAY is currently cheaper than other similar projects which are thought to be inferior to BAY by a lot of people...

Actually it's funny Bitbay is considered superior to a lot of other coins even by people who say they aren't invested. People eventually end up here after they get tired of holding "Truckcoin" or "Furrycoin" or dare I say "Dogecoin". Imagine that, does the illusion sell better than the reality?
R-J-F

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:30:32 PM

Actually it's funny Bitbay is considered superior to a lot of other coins even by people who say they aren't invested. People eventually end up here after they get tired of holding "Truckcoin" or "Furrycoin" or dare I say "Dogecoin". Imagine that, does the illusion sell better than the reality?

Cute and fluffy attracts the newbies and uneducated. Eventually, they move on to more serious projects or, they leave the market. BAY is a good project for those moving away from the "cotton candy" stuff to the real world.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 12:50:01 PM

Looking at Bitbay price chart I am not so sure if this is good time to buy. I see 1000 level testing.

Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:23:15 PM

Help, my balance has not showed up in my wallet.
I downloaded bootstrap, got the wallet synced sent my coins, but they have still not showed up 50 blocks later.
Its pretty stressful
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

Help, my balance has not showed up in my wallet.
I downloaded bootstrap, got the wallet synced sent my coins, but they have still not showed up 50 blocks later.
Its pretty stressful

Relax. Seen it many times before. Will turn out to be one of the typical noob missunderstandings.
Get on slack, and we'll help you there.
http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Reminder, bitbay supports censorship:

https://np.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/30t5m2/communitydiscussion_decentralized_marketplaces/cpvlxsq/

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/z4mk3a/this-decentralized-bitcoin-market-is-for-legal-stuff-only
R-J-F

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:00:53 PM

\Perhaps. You forgot the last part of the article: ""I think I will augment the disclaimer to say in effect [that I am not responsible for the content of markets]," Zimbeck wrote. "I know it isn't my responsibility.""

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: