Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin debit card  (Read 293828 times)
Wirex-E-Coin

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 12:10:18 PM

E-coin guys I need your urgent help. E-coin has been good with me for months and with some small exceptions I am happy.
But today I send like 0.245 (~$109) to the address I generated from your website and I don't see the transaction coming or pending. To tell it straight the transaction is MISSING!
Please look into it and resolve it for me, because btc exchange rate was ~$450 yesterday, but as far as I see this it is going down now (to around $445 at the moment).
I got this from purse.io "We received a request to send 0.24432986 BTC to 39N6gme4Rr2MjfTDHscAkemGqRgvxPKjxB" - hopefully it will help you.
Based on purse.io the transaction was completed on their side - "2016-04-23 04:32:55    Withdrawal    -0.24432986    -0.0001    0"
I already sent a support request ticket - "Your request (26917) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.".
Please guys be kind enough to help me! I sent the btc to the address above like 6 hours ago and usually my upcoming transactions have "pending status", but now I don't see upcoming transaction at all!

Yep, see your ticket. Will send you reply in 10-15 minutes (just came to work)

Lana,
Customer Service at Wirex Limited

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:32:06 PM

Only got one complaint. You are charging a good premium on the exchange rate. I would be interested if it is lowered to 1% or less.
lol and the Monthly SMS notification fee (not optional).
philakone

Activity: 266
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:42:31 PM

Actually do you know what’s the daily limit on loading and is there any monthly fee in vcc?

Check this out: https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits
All the info is here.

TXID: https://blockexplorer.com/tx/cf6514434a18087454412c4d6498b56f9ec664a84f8560f4c2c3ee2f7b8743ab

Address generated from e-coin

https://blockexplorer.com/address/3QBAoXSRL1DrYuQL27FaUoSJWWwH6PVt8Q

Shows 54 confirmations now. Where are my funds?
21M

Activity: 450
Merit: 256

Mr. BTC

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:47:02 PM

I have an (old) e-coin account. Do I need to register a new acc on wirex?
Is it possible to transfer funds from an e-coin card to a wirex card?

"Die Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine richtige Lösung zu finden, sind genau jene Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine Lösung als richtig zu erkennen.“ Dunning - Kruger
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:47:55 PM

I have an (old) e-coin account. Do I need to register a new acc on wirex?
Is it possible to transfer funds from an e-coin card to a wirex card?

No you don't.
My ecoin card was automatically transferred to WireX. Just make sure to read the mail with instructions and you should be ok.
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 12:49:39 PM

Only got one complaint. You are charging a good premium on the exchange rate. I would be interested if it is lowered to 1% or less.
lol and the Monthly SMS notification fee (not optional).

We are considering better rates for Wirex.
Regarding monthly fee - this is bank's. We can do nothing about it.

Lana,
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 12:55:10 PM

Hi all,

Since we have a certain amount of issues with
a. missing transactions in ledger (they got enough confirmations in the blockchain but you do not see them in E-Coin account);
b. pending transactions (e.g. card loads)
and killing amount of tickets in our support queue, I would advise you the following:
- If you have issue A, add DEPOSIT to the subject line or anywhere in the text.
- If you have issue B, add PENDING to the subject line.

I am trying to review those tickets first using keyword search.

Please do not duplicate your tickets both to support@e-coin.io, support@wirexapp.com and both of our facebook pages. This will not speed the process up, only mess everything and will create unnecessary reply delay. One ticket is enough (just make sure you got an automated email with its number) - we answer all of them.
If you did not get a response in 24 hours - you can send PM in facebook, or to me here WITH TICKET number.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lana,
21M

Mr. BTC

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 01:46:13 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 01:58:28 PM by 21M

@wirex
HI. Do I need to register a new acc on wirex if I already have an account on e-coin.io? Can I transfer funds from my e-coin card (vcc) to wirex?

"Die Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine richtige Lösung zu finden, sind genau jene Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine Lösung als richtig zu erkennen.“ Dunning - Kruger
philakone

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:15:23 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 11:14:31 AM by philakone

E-coin is absolutely shit

I want to give my review of e-coin

I'm from canada and found it very appealing to load btc to a debit card and have the ability to withdraw instantly, so I started researching cards.

After all my research, I finally settled on e-coin. I read great reviews about them. Didn't read many reviews from users themselves and mainly reviews from actual professional blog sites and cryptocurrency sites.

A little background about me. I'm a professional miner and cryptocurrency trader. I invest in ICOs mainly as well. I used coinbase often, but wanted a mobile platform such as this e-coin card.

So i go to www.e-coin.io and here's how the process was

1) I go to their site and the captcha doesn't load properly. I clear my cache, try it again, same issues. captcha just isn't showing up. I download firefox (was using chrome), still the same issue of captcha showing up. So I tried it on my other 6 machines I have, each with different browsers, unfortunately to no avail. I email e-coin support and ask for him, telling them I've tried a total of 12 browsers on 6 machines and it doesn't, with all cache and settings factory too. Can't log in still. They tell me to clear my cache...

2) I try for the entire day, unable to log in, so I finally give up after about 8-10 hours. I try the next day, and login's fine. I google the issue and apparently this issue dates back to 2015 and has never been fixed.

3) I apply for a debit card. There are 2 options: the $17 card which is sent by regular mail and takes 4-8 weeks (so they say) and the $50 card which is sent by registered mail and takes about 3-5 days. I went with the $17 card as I was no rush. I was expecting it in 4-8 weeks, but it comes in 5 business days. This made me very happen, then I realized, why are people paying $50 if it comes in roughly the same time? Makes you wonder...

4) The card comes and I try to activate the card. No problems with activating the card. So I try to request a pin on their site. I keep clicking on "send pin," and I get the email confirmation that the pin has been sent. I wait.. and I wait.. and I want... 2 hours later, no email. So I try again, receiving the same confirmation email. No email. So I try again on my 12 different browsers on 6 PCs, and nothing works. I email support and they tell me to clear my cache again... I gave up by the end of the day. I try again the next morning, and voila, it works great. I get the pin, super excited to use it.

5) I click on "generate address" so I can get my address and deposit BTC. I click on "generate address" again... and again... and again.... no address shows up. Fuck I'm thinking to myself. I try on 12 browsers over 6 PCs again and just said fuck it. I'll try tomorrow. So I do that and great, my address finally generates and I get to send myself BTC. I send BTC to that address from Poloniex.

6) Poloniex immediately sent it and 2/2 confirms after about 30 minutes. Great I'm thinking. I go to e-coin, waiting eagerly to see my balance. I don't see anything... 32 confirms and about 16 hours later, I finally see my BTC balance showing.

7) I transfered the BTC balance to my card without issue.

Cool I went to the store, bought a few things. Worked without issue. Withdrew cash from an ATM, costing $4.45 each time I withdraw. reasonable fee if you're withdrawing large amounts.

9) I finish the test shop and realized that I still have some BTC left that I didn't convert to dollars on the debit card. So I transfer my remaining BTC to Poloniex. I created an address and surely enough, no addresses can be selected to send. The field is just empty, no drop down menu to select address. I gave up that day, and tried again the next day and it worked fine.

Now today, I've been waiting about 12 hours now to see my BTC balance and the textid on block explorer says 42 confirmations now. I deposited 0.25 (About $100) 12 hours ago and have yet to see my BTC balance on the e-coin card. This is a very normal occurrence. You have to plan very far in advance if you want to deposit and use any funds. It always works, but the process is very long and their site is full of bugs. I have to plan out about 3-4 days in advance just to use the card.

I constantly find issues on their site such as captcha not loading properly, balances not updating properly, extremely long deposit times. The support team is even worse. They aren't helpful, are patronizing, and never apologize for any of their issues.

Forums have nothing but negative comments about e-coin. Any website that has reviewed e-coin.io positively was most likely paid by e-coin to write that positive review.

I honestly don't recommend e-coin to anyone. I've used their services for 1 month now and find it the most painful process.
Wirex

Activity: 388

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 08:01:26 AM

https://blog.wirexapp.com/how-to-verify-paypal-account-wirex/

You can use Wirex cards to verify your PayPal account. Just another use case for Wirex cards.

Verified PayPal accounts increase trust, limits, and security – something that you want if you use the service regularly. Verifying PayPal account is uncomplicated with the E-Coin card. Compatible with the Wirex platform, both virtual and plastic cards can be used for this process.

Wirex — crypto-friendly currency accounts, VISA debit cards, bitcoin wallet, and now PCI DSS certified.
Wirex

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 08:03:59 AM

Here is a new tutorial on how to verify your Wirex/E-Coin account and why you should.

https://blog.wirexapp.com/verify-wirex-account/

Accounts have very low limits with unverified accounts. Also to buy bitcoin with bank transfers and alternative payment methods you must now have a verified account. Its not up to 2 weeks due to the long backlog of verifications to be done. We fully expect it to be down to hours or a couple days in the near future though.

Wirex — crypto-friendly currency accounts, VISA debit cards, bitcoin wallet, and now PCI DSS certified.
21M

Mr. BTC

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:16:34 AM

@wirex (second attempt)
Do I need to register a new acc on wirex if I already have an account on e-coin.io? Can I transfer funds from my e-coin card (vcc) to wirex?

Wirex

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 11:55:34 AM

@wirex (second attempt)
Do I need to register a new acc on wirex if I already have an account on e-coin.io? Can I transfer funds from my e-coin card (vcc) to wirex?

You will not need to register again. All E-Coin accounts with cards, bitcoin balances move over automatically. Nothing needed from your side. All Virtual and plastic cards will be fine. You can now use the Wirex app with e-coin.io account.

philakone

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:34:55 PM

Here is a new tutorial on how to verify your Wirex/E-Coin account and why you should.

Accounts have very low limits with unverified accounts. Also to buy bitcoin with bank transfers and alternative payment methods you must now have a verified account. Its not up to 2 weeks due to the long backlog of verifications to be done. We fully expect it to be down to hours or a couple days in the near future though.

Could you please process our tickets? For those of us ongoing day 3 waiting for deposits?

My review on e-coin said it all.

It takes everyone 3 days from the moment you deposit to actually being able to use it.

Their service is unreasonable. Their staff, incompetent. Try using Xapos or ANXBTC. Much better cards than e-coin.
gosha@e-coin (OP)

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:38:54 PM

Could you please process our tickets? For those of us ongoing day 3 waiting for deposits?

It takes everyone 3 days from the moment you deposit to actually being able to use it.

Their service is unreasonable. Their staff, incompetent. Try using Xapos or ANXBTC. Much better cards than e-coin.

Appreciate your opinion and sharing it, yet, it is not always adequate to base such strong statements on a one-off negative experience. It definitely doesn't take "everyone" 3 days. BTC deposits in our system are instant (providing you are using BitGo wallets), loading the card is instant, too. There can be cases when not everything is working perfectly and sometimes there are delays, however, those are rare exceptions compared to the number and volume of transactions processed seamlessly

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
philakone

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Appreciate your opinion and sharing it, yet, it is not always adequate to base such strong statements on a one-off negative experience. It definitely doesn't take "everyone" 3 days. BTC deposits in our system are instant (providing you are using BitGo wallets), loading the card is instant, too. There can be cases when not everything is working perfectly and sometimes there are delays, however, those are rare exceptions compared to the number and volume of transactions processed seamlessly

It's been going on for a month now. It's FAR from instant and we ALL know that. It's not ONE negative experience.

This opinion is from thorough use of your website. Everyone I know in person who's used your site also has strong negative opinions about e-coin.

You say there are cases where everything works perfectly? Those cases account for maybe 10% of my total transactions done for the month, and that's a lot of transactions. 90% of the time I want to cut up my card, but instead I wait it out 24 hours.

Let's not lie to customers. E-coin is a horribly ran site and the bugs are insurmountable for your present team to handle.
gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:59:38 PM

It's been going on for a month now. It's FAR from instant and we ALL know that. It's not ONE negative experience.

This opinion is from thorough use of your website. Everyone I know in person who's used your site also has strong negative opinions about e-coin.

You say there are cases where everything works perfectly? Those cases account for maybe 10% of my total transactions done for the month, and that's a lot of transactions. 90% of the time I want to cut up my card, but instead I wait it out 24 hours.

Let's not lie to customers. E-coin is a horribly ran site and the bugs are insurmountable for your present team to handle.

again, thank you for your subjective opinion. It seems like you really did get unlucky on quite a number of occasions, as the problems you describe do not occur nearly as often as you mention.
Anyway, we are fully aware of those and are working on improving the situation - an information e-mail with explanations to all customers had been sent out earlier

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
philakone

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:50:25 PM

Hilarious, I went to e-coin.io just now to see if there any issues, and to no surprise, of course I found at least 2 issues. That's how unreliable e-coin is and this is why you deserve to be shit on by the community. Don't think I'll stop. I expect reasonable service for something that gouges me this much. The BTC exchange rate is NEVER right, always lower. The USD to CAD exchange rate is NEVER right, ALWAYS much lower. The transaction fees are OUTRAGEOUS. It costs me $7 canadian to take out a $20 bill? I learned that the first time and was BLOWN away.

My balance isn't even right. It's supposed to be ZERO but it shows this. I have to calculate my fucking balance every time myself because the site can't even keep track of my balance. That's wonderfully shitty. so many issues with the site. I pray that no one uses e-coin ever, but sadly people have to sometimes as there aren't too many choices at the moment.

Though I highly advise everyone to use xapos or ANXBTC.

Why can't you even show my balance correctly? Isn't that the most basic thing to get down first? Do you really expect people to use your service when you can't even do something simple such as display our correct balance? Do you really expect people to use your service when it takes over 3 days to deposit?
21M

Mr. BTC

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:14:54 PM

@wirex (second attempt)
You will not need to register again. All E-Coin accounts with cards, bitcoin balances move over automatically. Nothing needed from your side. All Virtual and plastic cards will be fine. You can now use the Wirex app with e-coin.io account.
Thanks! Is it possible to transfer funds from one e-coin card to another, or change EUR/USD funds from the card back to BTC?

gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:21:13 PM

Do you guys even read forums other than here? People SHIT on e-coin and have been describing these issues since January this year.

Your job is to show e-coin in the most positive light and my job is the obligation to the community to provide honest and hard facts about my experience with e-coin so they can make an informed decision.

Do you understand the difference? You're paid to say positive things about e-coin. I'm not paid to say negative or positive things. I'm completely unbiased and my opinions are formed from solid and thorough use of your website.

It's unfortunate that I still have to use e-coin while waiting for my xapos and anxbtc cards to come in as I've lost them. Every time I use your card, I do very calm things beforehand because I know I'm about to enter a shit showdown that'll test my patience.

"You could be standing in line at an atm and have your funds transferred and ready to withdraw before your turn."

That's utterly bullshit and I can't imagine how much you paid them to review / write that positively.

Also before using your site, I think of the incompetent people behind e-coin and how they couldn't even fix a simple captcha login issue that was ongoing since FEBRUARY 2015 which is still not fixed to this day. SOURCE OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING:

https://profitbitcoin.com/cgi-bin/soap.pl?e=https%3A%2F%2Fprofitbitcoin.com%2Fht%2F132b6f%2Fe-coin_captcha_mess&r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F

Do you see my point now? It's been 1 year and 2 months and a simple issue isn't even fixed.

I have sources and proof for all the aforementioned in my little review.

Not saying there are no problems. Every service has them, especially when it comes to new and/or fast moving environments. And people shit on every service, however perfect it is - that's human nature. Not many take the time to make positive comments when everything works perfectly, but almost every disappointed person would post something negative.
I use the card myself, and it takes seconds to load. What 3 days?? Where is that coming from? If you are talking about loads over $2.500 per day, then that is a different story. If you are talking about particular unsuccessful load attempts, those do happen, and yes, they have been more frequent recently, yet still, those represent a negligible proportion compared to the number of transactions going through instantly and seamlessly.

Seriously mate, don't want to make this personal at all, but you are really forcing it, and the fact that you had faced issues so often seems to be either bad luck or the result of your general negativity, or both.

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: