Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119576 times)
Bascule

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:07:51 PM

Do you have any theories on why he would do this at all? It seems to me that it would make much more sense for him to just disappear with everyone's money. What does stalling buy him?

It's not that calculated. He's been running his scheme for over a year, and came to enjoy his status in the bitcoin community. Just like his "investors", he doesn't want to admit the gig is up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:51:06 PM

I dont believe this theory...........

if it been a ponzi since day 1 ,pirate wouldnt wait until now (judgement day ) to start selling his furniture and making plans to move to another country

he would have designed an exit long long ago .......

there is a few beautiful countries in the you could live in with 500,000+ btcST coins + 30k of his own BTC (like he claims to have )

selling coins slowly @ $10  would leave him millions of dollrs if that was the plan and with that much ,you could be set for life inn a country in south america or south east asia with that much cash and very little chance of being caught Smiley

miscreanity
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:36:50 PM

Pirate's self-imposed deadline was one week, yet Team Ponzi is already screaming scam/stall. It would be one thing if Friday comes and goes without any sign of funds. Then I'd be apt to start raising objections as well.

If you're completely calm and have no direct knowledge of how Pirate's operation works, you might be a little off in the head. If you're not even invested and have the gall to scream scam when there's no direct evidence, you're as confused as statist apologists.

As it stands, there are three more days. Save the pitchforks for the weekend.
Bascule

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:41:55 PM

Pirate's self-imposed deadline was one week, yet Team Ponzi is already screaming scam/stall. It would be one thing if Friday comes and goes without any sign of funds. Then I'd be apt to start raising objections as well.

If you're completely calm and have no direct knowledge of how Pirate's operation works, you might be a little off in the head. If you're not even invested and have the gall to scream scam when there's no direct evidence, you're as confused as statist apologists.

As it stands, there are three more days. Save the pitchforks for the weekend.

lol, victims gonna victim. Where's that stockholm syndrome link...
miscreanity
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:56:12 PM

Victims don't have a choice.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:02:57 PM

Interest payments were made electronically (redeposited) but not actually sent out.

Shocked Roll Eyes

Was this standard operating procedure for the pass throughs?

This is another signature ponzi move. Have some context:

The regular payment of so-called dividends induces investors to bring friends, family members, or business colleagues into the scheme and to put up additional funds themselves now that they are convinced of its veracity.

The operators will also persuade you, with little effort, to "roll over" your "profits" into another investment cycle, so your actual return ends up being back on paper only.

They may decide to provide you with just "statements" showing you your profits rather than sending out cheques,
but the receipt of a cheque in the mail seems to generate more enthusiasm for participants, and it ultimately makes it back to the con at any rate.

This kind of setup relies on keeping his victims from knowing they are being cheated for as long as possible so others can be lured in.

Mark Fleming
Consumer Protection Lawyer

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/MajorPerson/ponzi.htm

Squall1066, see: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme.

elux - Thanks, just finnished reserching, I't just that ponzi is said to mainly get you to re-invest your intrest "compounding" so you don't actually see it comeing back to you, So they can pay some withdraws out without any hassle, and when the pot is big enough they can up and leave, Some lenders do offer payouts, but most pay intrest out, There is obvious confusion between ponzi and scam.
also It should be called the "dickens scheme" lol
Bascule

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:15:16 PM

Victims don't have a choice.

These ones did. They chose to send money to people promising high rates of interest.
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:21:42 PM

Pirate's self-imposed deadline was one week …

Where did he say that and what exactly did he say?
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:32:16 PM

Interest payments were made electronically (redeposited) but not actually sent out.

Shocked Roll Eyes

Was this standard operating procedure for the pass throughs?

This is another signature ponzi move. Have some context:

The regular payment of so-called dividends induces investors to bring friends, family members, or business colleagues into the scheme and to put up additional funds themselves now that they are convinced of its veracity.

The operators will also persuade you, with little effort, to "roll over" your "profits" into another investment cycle, so your actual return ends up being back on paper only.

They may decide to provide you with just "statements" showing you your profits rather than sending out cheques,
but the receipt of a cheque in the mail seems to generate more enthusiasm for participants, and it ultimately makes it back to the con at any rate.

This kind of setup relies on keeping his victims from knowing they are being cheated for as long as possible so others can be lured in.

Mark Fleming
Consumer Protection Lawyer

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/MajorPerson/ponzi.htm

Squall1066, see: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme.

Up until Monday, he did whatever we wanted.  If we wanted payments, he did payments.  If we wanted withdrawals, he did withdrawals.  He never pushed us in either direction.  The stability bonus was never intended to be tied to interest payments and had no bearing.  Whoever says pirate encouraged reinvesting is just plain lying and spreading fud.  Now that he's unwinding, I'd expect the interest payments to change from the status quo, instead paying interest when he closes the account.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:37:25 PM

Up until Monday, he did whatever we wanted.  If we wanted payments, he did payments.  If we wanted withdrawals, he did withdrawals.  He never pushed us in either direction.  The stability bonus was never intended to be tied to interest payments and had no bearing.  Whoever says pirate encouraged reinvesting is just plain lying and spreading fud.  Now that he's unwinding, I'd expect the interest payments to change from the status quo, instead paying interest when he closes the account.

imsaguy spreading his typical foggy nonsense. Or can anybody here possibly make sense of that garbage?

You are either one of pirate's helpers or one of his accounts. Time to shut up, don't you think?
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:39:01 PM

imsaguy spreading his typical foggy nonsense. Or can anybody here possibly make sense of that garbage?

You are either one of pirate's helpers or one of his accounts. Time to shut up, don't you think?

What is foggy about it?  I am my own person.  He doesn't pay me anything more or less than any other person invested in him. He doesn't tell me anything directly, I only learn it like everyone else in #btcst.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 10:16:18 PM

What is foggy about it?  I am my own person.  He doesn't pay me anything more or less than any other person invested in him. He doesn't tell me anything directly, I only learn it like everyone else in #btcst.

And you still claim to be watching the same thing we are?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:21:41 PM

.. everything he said is true

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:50:03 PM

Still talking smack but too cowardly to put your money where your mouth is I see.   Come on girly man, there's a free 250BTC waiting for you over in Matthew's thread.  How can you possibly lose, right?

Until you actually show a little backbone, shut up with your nonsense.

miscreanity
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 11:14:07 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 11:37:57 PM by miscreanity

Guess what? GPUMAX is slow paying out today - Team Ponzi prepare to freak/panic/scream in 3... 2... 1...

Edit: Nevermind, I got mine just after posting.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 11:24:41 PM

Guess what? GPUMAX is slow paying out today - Team Ponzi prepare to freak/panic/scream in 3... 2... 1...

GPUMAX has no bearing on BTCST,it doesnt affect the bets even if pirate never pays out to GPUMAX guys Grin
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:19:32 AM

Still talking smack but too cowardly to put your money where your mouth is I see.   Come on girly man, there's a free 250BTC waiting for you over in Matthew's thread.  How can you possibly lose, right?

We should make a companion thread to Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes... and title it RoloTonyBrownTown's List of Forum Trolls that Don't Own Any Bitcoins.

The thread can list the most abusive and vocal trolls who have refused to bet any BTC against Matthew Wright. The trolls' currency is attention from strangers. Like flea-infested stray cats, they will keep coming around if you keep feeding them. I wish the forum would learn to stop replying to blowhards like Smoothy and others like him.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:23:56 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2012, 12:44:13 AM by RoloTonyBrownTown

Still talking smack but too cowardly to put your money where your mouth is I see.   Come on girly man, there's a free 250BTC waiting for you over in Matthew's thread.  How can you possibly lose, right?

We should make a companion thread to Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes... and title it RoloTonyBrownTown's List of Forum Trolls that Don't Own Any Bitcoins.

The thread can list the most abusive and vocal trolls who have refused to bet any BTC against Matthew Wright. The trolls' currency is attention from strangers. Like flea-infested stray cats, they will keep coming around if you keep feeding them. I wish the forum would learn to stop replying to blowhards like Smoothy and others like him.

Smiley   To be fair, there's really only two left of the main bunch.  That's Vladimir, who's already made some crap excuse so we can write him off as just all talk in the future.  The other is hgmichna who conveniently disappears whenever the bet thread is brought up.   It's clear he's not confident whatsoever about a default, despite banging on about it constantly.  So yeah, hypocrite-tastic Smiley

To their credit, the other major accusers have made bets, so good on them.

nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:59:01 AM

I think the GLBSE pirate collapse is beginning.  Bonds are selling at 30-50% of face value.

https://glbse.com/asset/view/TYGRR.BOND-P

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:16:09 AM

I think the GLBSE pirate collapse is beginning.  Bonds are selling at 30-50% of face value.

https://glbse.com/asset/view/TYGRR.BOND-P
One is already down to 15%:

https://glbse.com/asset/view/BIF.BTCST.PPT

This is hilarious.

BTW. this threat is really fun to watch.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: