Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:45:20 PM

Sorry, i'm not up to date but my question is: are we are already able to do sth. with the siafunds?

Taek mentioned that by this Friday there will be an update on Siafunds.

yup

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goofy73

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:47:16 PM

Quote from: Taek
100MH/s is still enough to mine a block or so every day, but we're working on improving that rate.

If this 100mh is stable and working all cards in system..Devs, There is no need to chase for high hashrate, just give us stable miner with several gpu support for the first time.
PS: problem with 0xc000007b error doesnt solved for me
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:47:26 PM

I don't see fair distribution of coins...

Miner with better equipment and smarter knowledge always gonna have advantage.

Sia is no about fair distribution. Its not meant as currency like doggycoin. Its use is for renting and providing decentralized trustless storage.
So go away with your fair distribution crap. Sia is more business.

Go away self from this thread.About 10 pages ago someone from developers said,what current miner is configurated to mine only on one gpu,and this must help with distribution of coins,but some skilled people are mining with all of their gpu's and 500-800 MH/s on single gpu.
Your words are crap,and looks like Sia is like 99% of cryptos just another scam,where devs are geting money for what they know,instead of what they do.There is no tutorial on how configurate current miner.

So...Fah Q!

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:50:37 PM

My God!I just downloaded new 0.3.3.1 UI wallet and launched it,and...My coins are gone...Is there something to do,or I can forget about them?

They are in the folder where your older wallet is. Run that wallet and your coins will be there.
Thanks!

Can someone share pastebin configuration for radeon HD 7950?There is no fun with mining,because some people are runing miners with 800 MH/s for one card,and people,who have no knowledge like me are mining with 100 MH/s.I don't see fair distribution of coins...

I run win.64
With only 1.5 year of experience in crypto, I no longer believe fair distribution of coins exists for real.
On the other hand, there are some less unfair than others.
Sia is not too bad in this area to my opinion (and I still can't mine with my nvidia setup on windows due to opencl platform id bug; I have managed to mine 1 block with my cpu).
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:57:41 PM

hey guys..

Mining is not the point of this coin. Sure its a rush, and there is some money to be made, but it appears that the devs are building a complicated system with file transfers, security, taxation, and self funding mining.

Some coins aim for fair distro, so as to create the illusion that whales are not pumping and laughing all the way to the bank. This is not a new coin, its a new tech.

So, while some professional miners might be raking in the Sia's, don't get stressed out if your system won't mine. Check out Sia for its serious technology and its enterprise goals.
 If you want to get on board, start asking about Siafunds. That's where the future is.

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:15:31 PM

I love how David put it that mining is a necessary evil. Remember Siacoin was intended as proof of storage.
But apparently that is very difficult to do with high security and reliability. So these guys are pretty smart and
used proven bitcoin tech which still isn't broken in 6 years for consensus to fuel the real tech behind Sia which is
storage renting.

Altcoin miners range from skilled technical people to simple kids. But they all have in common they mine for free
money and have little interest or vision. Sia will have asics like bitcoin and the miner will go away just like
the altcoin mining market will die eventually. Main stream will never use litecoin let alone litecoin clones. Mining
is just so dumb and not the future of adopted crypto currency. Smart contracts will help some coins reach the
holy grail of adoption and market cap not gpu mining lol.

Maybe a storage coin will come out with proof of storage one day but will you trust it? How many years will it
take before you're pretty sure its not broken and you lose all your coins and files. Even if they do manage to do it
thats great for them but Sia will already be out for a while and people will hopefully have fallen in love with storing
their files on its network.

I have siafunds and I mined some and I'll probably buy some more but the thing to remember is its not a
to da moon coin. The value of siacoin should not be fueled by speculation. It should and always will be
tied to the price of cloud storage. How much is it worth it to you to store your files on a decentralized network?
Thats how much you'll pay and thats how much a siacoin will be worth. In the beginning there will be trading
and speculation but after a while there will really be no point in staring at coinmarketcap eveyday. Siacoin will
move in relation to the storage market which people will always need.
nemo1618

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:57:03 PM

I love how David put it that mining is a necessary evil. Remember Siacoin was intended as proof of storage.
But apparently that is very difficult to do with high security and reliability. So these guys are pretty smart and
used proven bitcoin tech which still isn't broken in 6 years for consensus to fuel the real tech behind Sia which is
storage renting.

Altcoin miners range from skilled technical people to simple kids. But they all have in common they mine for free
money and have little interest or vision. Sia will have asics like bitcoin and the miner will go away just like
the altcoin mining market will die eventually. Main stream will never use litecoin let alone litecoin clones. Mining
is just so dumb and not the future of adopted crypto currency. Smart contracts will help some coins reach the
holy grail of adoption and market cap not gpu mining lol.

Maybe a storage coin will come out with proof of storage one day but will you trust it? How many years will it
take before you're pretty sure its not broken and you lose all your coins and files. Even if they do manage to do it
thats great for them but Sia will already be out for a while and people will hopefully have fallen in love with storing
their files on its network.

I have siafunds and I mined some and I'll probably buy some more but the thing to remember is its not a
to da moon coin. The value of siacoin should not be fueled by speculation. It should and always will be
tied to the price of cloud storage. How much is it worth it to you to store your files on a decentralized network?
Thats how much you'll pay and thats how much a siacoin will be worth. In the beginning there will be trading
and speculation but after a while there will really be no point in staring at coinmarketcap eveyday. Siacoin will
move in relation to the storage market which people will always need.

Thanks grandpa_seth. It's refreshing to see that at least some people understand our vision. Wink
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:06:58 PM

well said Grandpa

The only way this thing keeps mooning is if enterprise jumps on the service, and the demand outstrips supply, but we've still got a good 100k blocks of goldrush mentality ahead.

I love the way the rewards decrease as miners ramp up. The miners are working for the project here, even if they don't know it. Securing the network for Sia, and helping the base grow.

This is one of the reasons I am buying, encourage the network support and fund the miners efforts with tangible bitcoins.

That said, pm me if you are selling! 0.08BTC for 1M Sia. Thanks!

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:19:30 PM

So, while some professional miners might be raking in the Sia's, don't get stressed out if your system won't mine. Check out Sia for its serious technology and its enterprise goals.
 If you want to get on board, start asking about Siafunds. That's where the future is.

People can always start a storage renting business on Sia with some small overhead to make money. Sia can dramatically lower the barrier of entry for the cloud storage business.
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:25:41 PM

Code:
Estimated Price Per GB: 9544371788.52846 KS

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Why is that number so big?

I tried to announce some free space, but nobody wants to take my cheap prizes  Grin
danbhfd

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:46:19 PM

I am kinda new at the whole GPU mining.  I am running Ubuntu 14.10 headless and the most I can squeeze out of my R9 280x is 68 MH/s.  I set gpu-miner -s 10 -c 1 which got me to 68, before I was at 65.  My card is fully stock.  Can someone please post what you have your core/memory set to.  I'll figure out the commands to set it.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:23:10 PM

Code:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I tried to announce some free space, but nobody wants to take my cheap prizes  Grin

The cost estimator glitches out sometimes. If you restart siad, the problem should resolve. My current estimated price is 2.3 KS / GB (6 weeks of storage). That seems pretty reasonable to me

Just a few people are uploading right now and we're not sure exactly what it's going to take to kick-off people using the storage feature. I'm sure the existing 500mb cap has something to do with it. I'll probably post some links to share my image library, maybe you guys have stuff you're interested in sharing too.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:24:04 PM

I am kinda new at the whole GPU mining.  I am running Ubuntu 14.10 headless and the most I can squeeze out of my R9 280x is 68 MH/s.  I set gpu-miner -s 10 -c 1 which got me to 68, before I was at 65.  My card is fully stock.  Can someone please post what you have your core/memory set to.  I'll figure out the commands to set it.

That sounds about right for that card. The people who are mining faster are using custom software - we'd release it if we could, but we don't have the software ourselves.

We're working on optimizing things.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:48:35 PM

Code:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

The cost estimator glitches out sometimes. If you restart siad, the problem should resolve. My current estimated price is 2.3 KS / GB (6 weeks of storage). That seems pretty reasonable to me

Just a few people are uploading right now and we're not sure exactly what it's going to take to kick-off people using the storage feature. I'm sure the existing 500mb cap has something to do with it. I'll probably post some links to share my image library, maybe you guys have stuff you're interested in sharing too.
4 Contracts
32.4MB/10.0GB in use
0.0000 KS earned
0.0167 KS to be earned

yay, I'm rich  Cheesy

snakes-r-us

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:04:48 PM

Code:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

What is the value for the Hosting Price (SC Per GB Per Month) that best corresponds to this estimated 2.3 KS /GB ? Trying to set a competitive rate here Smiley

grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:13:43 PM

Code:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

4 Contracts
32.4MB/10.0GB in use
0.0000 KS earned
0.0167 KS to be earned

yay, I'm rich  Cheesy

I get 1/10,000th of 3.9% of your 0.0167 for each sianote I own. Don't be jealous.
danbhfd

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:13:56 PM

That sounds about right for that card. The people who are mining faster are using custom software - we'd release it if we could, but we don't have the software ourselves.

We're working on optimizing things.

Thank you!  I am trying to get my hands on as much coin as possible as I can see the potential in this for where I work.  I live in New Jersey along the coast and we had a major Hurricane a couple years back.  During the lead up to the storm I was scrambling to try and send as much data off-site (My House/Cloud) as possible.  The idea of being able to distribute redundant data geographically is a pretty cool thing.  This project is very exciting!
grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:52:08 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:03:13 PM by grandpa_seth

Code:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I tried to announce some free space, but nobody wants to take my cheap prizes  Grin

I only uploaded a few small files. But nothing is clear or explained exactly how all this works. For example,
in google drive, I choose an amount of storage 1TB for 9.99 a month (recent huge price drop but we can talk about that later).
So now as a user i know I've paid for 1 TB of storage for one month. Its mine to add and delete as many files as often as I
want for that cost I already paid.

Now can one of the devs give a detailed explanation how renting storage works now and how it will work in the future?

Right now when I upload I don't know how much its going to cost me. I don't know if I can download it and reupload it
at additional cost. I don't know what these contracts mean because Sia doesn't ask me or tell me how much I am paying
or let me know I'm entering a contract.

Obviously Sia just started, its not stable and will go through a thousand fixes and changes. But I think I covered why
nobody is using the storage function yet. I think we are waiting until it is more user friendly and clear how it works.
Enterprise use and torrent replacement is part of the vision so you guys must know how all that will work one day.
I'm fascinated to see how people can one day build on top of sia and stream services or search and watch videos like youtube
using Sia as backend.

Btw no matter how much the big guys drop their prices Sia will always compete because if they can profit at whatever price
they drop it to, then Sia hosts certainly can at the same or lower due to low to no overhead. Plus as someone mentioned
I peronally would pay a premium for Sia (given if its stable and proven reliable) because I know nobody can hack into
it. If Jennifer Lawrence used Sia then her nude photos would never have been hacked into and released. It was good
for us guys but embarrassing for her.

Sia is open source, decentralized and unhackable (hopefully).
As opposed to Jennifer Lawrence, who has to trust a dimwit employee at Apple not to leak her password intentionally
or unintentionally. I can safely upload to the Sia network my "I can't stand my mother in law" letter that must never see
the light of day or I'm dead. In Sia its never getting read by anyone but me.
Roozy

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:10:24 PM

I'm fascinated to see how people can one day build on top of sia and stream services or search and watch videos like youtube
using Sia as backend.

That's funny that you say that. I was just talking about that earlier in the IRC.
This is going to be huge.

What hash-rate are you guys getting?
I'm getting 150MH/s but I haven't mined a single block and I've been at it a while...

Also.. We can use the same wallet on multiple SIA clients concurrently right (for mining purposes)? We won't run into any trouble?
Toshiorun

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:28:45 PM

where are the gpu miner sources related to the "fixed" cl file, the one on pastebin?
it looks like it has different kernel parameters than the one on git.

EDIT: the precompiled win version uses the new cl file and is faster, please provide its sources, otherwise mac and linux users will hash slower than windows ones!
r9 290 @1020/875 115mh/s with pastebin *cl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: