Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:51:27 AM

Hey I'm getting the error calling /host/announce : host address not reachable; ensure you have forwarded port 9982  error message when I try to announce some hosting.  Thing is I know port 9982 is forwarded and not blocked so anyone know the trick to get it to work?
I haven't heard of anyone getting that to work right? You could test it on that link to IP port tester website, pages back or even try turn off firewall briefly to see if it opens then? I am still waiting for more guidance on that.. announcing"  I think its bugged. lol

As they develop the wallet they really need to correct that, and make it user friendly. I don't see the masses one day port forwarding to easily lol

Well for outside connections to be able to retrieve files stored on your disk I believe you almost have to have the port forwarded.  I'm using Win 7 and I now got port 9981 and 9982 open and forwarded.  I can even check and see that they are open on canyouseeme.org so idk whats wrong.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TerraMaster

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:58:48 AM

Hey I'm getting the error calling /host/announce : host address not reachable; ensure you have forwarded port 9982  error message when I try to announce some hosting.  Thing is I know port 9982 is forwarded and not blocked so anyone know the trick to get it to work?
I haven't heard of anyone getting that to work right? You could test it on that link to IP port tester website, pages back or even try turn off firewall briefly to see if it opens then? I am still waiting for more guidance on that.. announcing"  I think its bugged. lol

As they develop the wallet they really need to correct that, and make it user friendly. I don't see the masses one day port forwarding to easily lol

Well for outside connections to be able to retrieve files stored on your disk I believe you almost have to have the port forwarded.  I'm using Win 7 and I now got port 9981 and 9982 open and forwarded.  I can even check and see that they are open on canyouseeme.org so idk whats wrong.
I just don't think it works ATM  Huh

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:02:17 AM

Okay, so up till 0.3.3.1 we had wallet.dat in the main folder. I agree until Sia is more sophisticated with features the wallet file
is best left in the main folder because if you want to host large amounts you are going to want to run Sia from a dedicated large
drive. Anyway, I'm sure the devs know what to do with that in the long run.

So now for 0.3.3.1 where is the wallet.dat? I swear I'm not lying I had a 0.3.3.1 on one of my computers with the wallet.dat in
the normal spot. Now when I zip a new 0.3.3.1 to a new location the wallet.dat is no longer there. I have several wallet.dat with balances
backed up but they are all from 0.3.3. So now I deleted everything sia related including the roaming folder. I now unzip 0.3.3.1 and start Sia.
Wallet.dat is not in the usual spot and is neither in roaming.

The wallet.dat file is in the same place. Did you keep your old wallet.dat? If you haven't run siad yet, none of the folders have been created - they don't exist until you run siad. (Sia UI will start siad if siad is not already running).

ok, tried the latest GPU miner, but do not like it because its set to mine at about 50% of what old miners do? not sure how or why that is. So anyways back using one of the early released (miners) at full set speed.

Apparently some of my "optimizations" are only good for nvidia cards. My GPU is running 6x as fast. I'm sorry that yours has slowed down as a result, I haven't been able to test on amd cards and so I'm completely in the dark when I'm making changes.

My guess though is that you've got a 64bit gpu, but many of my optimizations catered to my 32bit gpu. I'm not sure how to write a program that does both, this stuff is tricky. Your best hope is convincing someone with more experience to open source an optimized miner. We've got a lot of other things we need to focus on.

We'll nonetheless continue to try making incremental improvements to the GPU.

This coin is the absolutely hands down, the fastest transferring coin in the world! you blink and its there  Shocked

Careful with that. All transfers have 0-confirmations. The default mining pool software will refuse to acknowledge double-spends but someone could possible re-write the software on their own machines. (this is why exchanges can't use us yet, btw). The next release will be able to report balances with X confirmations (0, 1, 6, etc.) - much safer when moving large amounts of money.

We're planning on having upnp enabled in the next release or two, masses for the most part won't need to worry about it. For some people, port forwarding doesn't seem to be sufficient. We're not sure what's up with that. Maybe your router is only forwarding ipv6?

===

The current state of the wallet and network is just the beginning. Over the next 3-6 months we have a substantial number of upgrades planned.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:06:40 AM

Yes, we're sorry about that. Wallet is stored in the roaming directory, this is something we're going to change for the next release. The next release is probably 3-6 weeks away, and should be a lot smoother.

Perhaps this is a typo from David. So it only added confusion. Of course I know wallet.dat is in the resources.app.sia.wallet since the beginning.
So this post confused me as I decided to check my 0.3.3.1 and all of a sudden all new "installs" no longer had the wallet folder. So when
Taek said the above I thought 0.3.3.1 which is relatively new now put wallet.dat in the roaming which of course i couldn't find. But it was all
I think due to some weird borderline bug I was experiencing with java. A new instance of 0.3.3.1 finally created the usual wallet folder
whereas is it was not before after many attempts and fully being in sync too. Oh well.
TerraMaster

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:16:06 AM

Careful with that. All transfers have 0-confirmations. The default mining pool software will refuse to acknowledge double-spends but someone could possible re-write the software on their own machines. (this is why exchanges can't use us yet, btw). The next release will be able to report balances with X confirmations (0, 1, 6, etc.) - much safer when moving large amounts of money.

Ah ha Smiley was wondering about that side of things lol, ok well put  Wink

and yes I am AMD 64 bit all the way..... so I understand your dilemma there. I will say that the older GPU miners do work none the less, but are glitchy to say the least.  Grin

THX for that nice update on matters. Lots answered.

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:18:33 AM

The wallet.dat file is in the same place. Did you keep your old wallet.dat? If you haven't run siad yet, none of the folders have been created - they don't exist until you run siad. (Sia UI will start siad if siad is not already running).

Yes although UI was starting and synced up for a long time many times I guess java was preventing siad from starting each time.
It was only recently that the java pop up asking to check the private and public connection thing came on. I guess it was delayed
before for some reason and of course siad wasn't running. Sol good now.
d34g13

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:05:20 AM

Selling 20m = 20,000 KS = 20,000,000 sia for 5 btc (or 10m for 2,5 btc) - thats simply the price im willing to sell at - otherwise i just hold

pm me if your interested
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:57:14 AM

findyou1337

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:17:22 AM

so where i can find the version 0.3.3.1 gui wallet ?

i onliy find the 0.3.3. beta gui wallet
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:22:46 AM

on the official website - right down the bottom ...

http://www.siacoin.com/ ...

#crysx

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:53:28 AM

#crysx

The About tab on the new 0.3.3.1 wallet for some reason still says:

Sia UI version: 0.3.3 b372
Sia version: 0.3.3

As long as the folder you download says 0.3.3.1 you are on the new wallet.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 08:00:27 AM

#crysx

probably a small oversight on taek's part - but it i the latest by the looks of it ...

version numbers are very important when it comes to validation that everyone is on the same page ...

taek - maybe that could be a fix with your next release? ...

#crysx

Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:30:00 AM

My God!I just downloaded new 0.3.3.1 UI wallet and launched it,and...My coins are gone...Is there something to do,or I can forget about them?

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:34:09 AM

My God!I just downloaded new 0.3.3.1 UI wallet and launched it,and...My coins are gone...Is there something to do,or I can forget about them?

They are in the folder where your older wallet is. Run that wallet and your coins will be there.
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:41:36 AM

They are in the folder where your older wallet is. Run that wallet and your coins will be there.
Thanks!

Can someone share pastebin configuration for radeon HD 7950?There is no fun with mining,because some people are runing miners with 800 MH/s for one card,and people,who have no knowledge like me are mining with 100 MH/s.I don't see fair distribution of coins...

I run win.64

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:56:08 PM

#crysx

probably a small oversight on taek's part - but it i the latest by the looks of it ...

version numbers are very important when it comes to validation that everyone is on the same page ...

#crysx

ack sorry, we'll fix that.

[/quote]

Can someone share pastebin configuration for radeon HD 7950?There is no fun with mining,because some people are runing miners with 800 MH/s for one card,and people,who have no knowledge like me are mining with 100 MH/s.I don't see fair distribution of coins...

I run win.64

We're doing our best to get everyone a halfway decent gpu implementation, but it shouldn't be much of a surprise that the professional altcoin miners have an advantage over anyone else. 100MH/s is still enough to mine a block or so every day, but we're working on improving that rate.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 01:01:07 PM

#crysx

#crysx

ack sorry, we'll fix that.

I run win.64

We're doing our best to get everyone a halfway decent gpu implementation, but it shouldn't be much of a surprise that the professional altcoin miners have an advantage over anyone else. 100MH/s is still enough to mine a block or so every day, but we're working on improving that rate.
[/quote]

is there also a way of providing the best parameters to us with the miner also? ...

for both linux and windows? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Wesiematic

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:24:05 PM

Sorry, i'm not up to date but my question is: are we are already able to do sth. with the siafunds?

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
gitinahang

Activity: 43
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:28:30 PM

I don't see fair distribution of coins...

Miner with better equipment and smarter knowledge always gonna have advantage.

Sia is no about fair distribution. Its not meant as currency like doggycoin. Its use is for renting and providing decentralized trustless storage.
So go away with your fair distribution crap. Sia is more business.
100rage

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:30:38 PM

Sorry, i'm not up to date but my question is: are we are already able to do sth. with the siafunds?

Taek mentioned that by this Friday there will be an update on Siafunds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: