Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:03:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249374 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:38:28 PM

Very very bad and scammish idea to increase coin supply and change POS to POW Angry
Very dissapointed with new devs hallucinating about millions of new projects and coins without any real work done Cry

Work in progress means they are working on it. I like the new ideas, ...
1st NEXT 1.0 and NEXT 2.0 (or Ardor)
BURST 1.0 and BURST 2.0.
Qora 1.0 and Qora 2.0.

New ideas Huh
BURST follows NEXT and now Qora is doing the same thing thanks to the BURST devs who took over Qora.
You can expect that in time Qora and BURST will have a lot of the same code as well, since maintaining 2 diff codes for the same functions is a lot of work.

Very sad to see how the ideas of Qora the original coder are simply ignored and forgotten.
In one of his last posts he also said to be critical when it comes to adding features, but that was also ignored as a result Qora became feature driven and not quality driven.
That's the reason why we are now stuck with crappy wallets.
Really backing up a full block chain is pathetic, these wallets should have never been released...

FYI none of what you said is true.

There is no BURST 2.0, merely an algo change.

QORA 2.0 will be a separate project, but in no way like NXT whatsoever.

If anything, NXT stole ideas from our developers, but that's a whole other story.

We have NOTHING to do with them, and WANT nothing to do with them.

I would appreciate it if you knew something at all before coming in here with this type of nonsense.

QORA has a LOT more functionality than NXT or anything they're doing over there, and BURST was the FIRST coin in the world to have smart contracts, totally new and innovative mining style that takes almost no power, blockchain lottery provably fair, and did a cross-chain transfer with QORA. So we're following no one here, we're leading.

The thing about innovation, is that you can't say it will be done for sure in x days. The devs we have working with us, are developing things the world has never seen before, completely from SCRATCH. This kind of work, takes time to complete, and is totally worth it in the end.

If you prefer going to a coin that has a development team with scammy actions in the past, and keeps using a coding style that is sub-par, dealing with a system that you put your money into, feel free to use other projects.

If you're looking for true innovation, and a group of really great people out to help people and re-structure the system of the world for the better, stick around. you'll see that there is a lot more development happening than you think.

You have no clue what is going on and your speculation is completely off base.

If you like NXT so much, go there, we don't have any use for people who think as you do, and obviously don't listen well.

Anyway, just coming by to say that I'll be posting the new idea map for QORA and Project X (the name I've given to the project that we have been calling QORA 2.0 so that people don't get confused, this project will be completely separate, and will not be the next evolution of QORA.) as soon as possible, I've been really busy reaching out to contacts, and making things happen behind the scenes.

QORA development right now is focused on prepping the coin for the multiple clones that will be spawning from it in the near future. I will be writing up the idea map and showing that to everyone soon, as I've finally got a solid idea of how everything will work, and what will do what, so forth.

As far as the changing of the cap, I don't find this 'scammy' whatsoever, and in fact, we've come in and mentioned it to the community multiple times, as well as the way we plan to do it, to make sure a whole lot of new coins don't flood the market. but fact is, there's going to be so many new things coming out at the same time, that I highly doubt the price will be negatively affected. If you think so, there's nothing keeping you from removing yourself from the project, such a beauty is open source open market.

There's currently not many other options than increasing the cap and changing the algo, as we all know that PoS isn't optimal. So that is what we are planning.

Also, I've got a really good idea as far as the new project we have running on the testnet now, and how we'll be releasing it, etc. So I will come back and post some information about that soon as well.

I simply need to have another couple conversations with the devs, and make sure my thoughts are in line with what they're thinking. I'm fairly sure that they are.

As for any future trolls, please keep your nonsense to yourself. If you prefer another project, by all means, go to that project. We have no use for blatant nonsense here.

For those of you that believe in the projects, thank you. We will not let you down. Have a great night everyone.

Thanks for clarification and scalping one more dumb troll. I am looking forward to see some more seriousness one day in our loved cryptoland. Maybe $btc hitting 2000$ next year and waves of waves of real investors will bring that. Anyway, great job so far on qora and its alignment on tactical activities.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovewiki

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 05:14:55 AM

Very sad to see how the ideas of Qora the original coder are simply ignored and forgotten.

Yes, and I believe that the original coder would prefer PoS over PoW.

Qora is becoming BURST 2.0. It will be no longer Qora soon.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:21:29 AM

whatever happen i still believed that both coin have good dev who managed  the project and for sure theirs always interesting progress that we will expect coming from them just keep holding and playing with the trade.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:24:41 AM

The great thing about crypto and blockchains is everyone is free to fork, modify, and setup a new coin. If people don't like it they don'y buy, they don't hodl, and the coin dies. The original Qora dev is gone, so his opinion is not relevant anymore, even though we all obviously respect what he did. It's just like BCNext and ARDOR - his opinion is not relevant if he's gone (although BCNext did offer support for ARDOR).

If you want Qora to stay PoS ... GO FOR IT! Nobody can stop you keeping that chain alive, and nobody can stop other guys forking Qora and modifying code to PoW. Everybody is FREE to do whatever they can to get support from users, that's why crypto currencies are so cool!

Honestly, keeping PoS Qora alive is a good thing to attempt, and so is forking a PoW Qora too! There's no bad guys here
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:24:07 AM

The great thing about crypto and blockchains is everyone is free to fork, modify, and setup a new coin. If people don't like it they don'y buy, they don't hodl, and the coin dies. The original Qora dev is gone, so his opinion is not relevant anymore, even though we all obviously respect what he did. It's just like BCNext and ARDOR - his opinion is not relevant if he's gone (although BCNext did offer support for ARDOR).

If you want Qora to stay PoS ... GO FOR IT! Nobody can stop you keeping that chain alive, and nobody can stop other guys forking Qora and modifying code to PoW. Everybody is FREE to do whatever they can to get support from users, that's why crypto currencies are so cool!

Honestly, keeping PoS Qora alive is a good thing to attempt, and so is forking a PoW Qora too! There's no bad guys here

Great points! Although I would rather see a Consensus.

PoW especially the type that Burst offers creates even more of a demand and competition for the coin. When people can turn their wallet off and come back a week later when their weight is higher, it leaves security issues. Not to mention if an Exchange like Polo holds all the coin they reap all the rewards! PoW keeps any exchanges out of the Weight battle. This is the main reason I don't like PoS it turns extra profit for the Exchanges and may make it impossible to Forge against as we recently learned.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 08:55:31 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know, I accidentally forgot a payment to my data center, so the QORA node at http://qora.tech is temporarily offline.

I've paid them, so it should be back shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, I should have time to write up the QORA idea map some time next week.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:49:18 AM

Great points! Although I would rather see a Consensus.

PoW especially the type that Burst offers creates even more of a demand and competition for the coin. When people can turn their wallet off and come back a week later when their weight is higher, it leaves security issues. Not to mention if an Exchange like Polo holds all the coin they reap all the rewards! PoW keeps any exchanges out of the Weight battle. This is the main reason I don't like PoS it turns extra profit for the Exchanges and may make it impossible to Forge against as we recently learned.

I agree on PoS plus all the flaws in it and don't approve of exchanges mining the PoS coins
as they give coins being worked on a hard time to remain listed.

blaster3ski

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:57:09 PM

Exchanges are in bus. to make money, so they will always do what is in their best interest.
Maybe there is a way to reward those individuals who keep their coins in a wallet that is not exchange friendly.
just a thought
FreshFund

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 10:45:59 PM

If QORA gets forked, what happens to my old coins? They are currently stuck on an exchange but I'm hopeful that I will retrieve them soon. Will they still exist after the fork?

NEM:NDMFCC-HHUNIX-M3SHZY-YNM5VK-BYZ6ZU-FVQXHB-H6GB
coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 06:25:49 AM

trans to POW?
nrg1zer
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:40:48 AM

trans to POW?

a very efficient way of PoW liek burst have.
itsus

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:52:43 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know, I accidentally forgot a payment to my data center, so the QORA node at http://qora.tech is temporarily offline.

Thanks for the update crowetic.

Eagerly waiting for the roadmap.
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 10:24:22 PM

Thanks for the update crowetic.

Eagerly waiting for the roadmap.

can't wait for it, very excited, hope for a great 1/2 - 1 year path though

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 03:47:41 PM

So, currently in an argument with my data center... even though I paid the bill (the ONE bill I've EVER been late on in over 2 years dealing with the same provider) they have shut the server down and re-allocated it...

which means that EVERY VM that I had on that host is now permanently destroyed.

Unfortunately this means that I've gotta re-setup everything I had on that host, into another one... This is going to take me a little time as I'm extremely busy lately, and haven't gotten my new office together fully so I can have my team by my side here with me.

Please allow me some time. I'll be getting more nodes setup as well, I promise I'm not wasting time, there's a LOT going on right now for me.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 02:36:16 PM

Any update on this situation? Hope we won't see a massacre after Zcash on polo
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 07:45:03 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2016, 02:38:05 AM by crowetic

-[ANNouncement]- New QORA Evolution Document

Hello everyone, just wanted to post the document I wrote up about the plans for QORA. This includes a totally new totally decentralized real-time communication application similar to Slack, that we have running on the testnet. (This is the exciting surprise that I mentioned a few weeks back, and only one example of the new dApps that will be coming from QORA!

From now on, as mentioned in the document, all information for QORA will be posted in our CIYAM open project management system. People will not only be able to see development, who is working on what, and estimated completion dates, but also be able to donate (platform currently running in BURST but will have links to donate in BTC and QORA) to either individual tasks, overall project, or project sections. This we believe will help people to see what is going on, in a fully open system. Also help to give people the option to donate to entice more development on certain things that they believe need more work, and see estimated completion dates.

I'm out at a basketball game right now, but I promised this by this week, so here you all go, me fulfilling another promise! Can't wait to show you the working version of the communication dApp, and more that is going on now!

the project management platform was just started, so I haven't put tasks in or areas yet, but I will next week. Thanks!

The project will either be called Quoth or Qola, and will be on the mainnet next week Smiley

Here's the document, and a picture of the application running now...

Doc download link - https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/GiFUdSU8wWRPqKq

CIYAM open - project management - http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20161027163848578000&ident=M100V137&chksum=d57aa36e

** also, and FYI - the CIYAM open website, is one of the few websites in the world that is written in C++** Smiley

Pic of Qouth/Qola decentralized slack-style real-time communication platform on QORA - full size - https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/qXsQvhhrBbczAB0

(just so that you know, you'll be able to nickname your wallet addresses, which is currently possible, so that you come up with a nick and not the wallet address, this pic was taken at the very beginning stages of development.)

HERE'S TO THE FUTURE OF QORA!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 02:50:55 AM

That appears excellent. Thanks for the update.

Here's to the future of Qora!
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 04:42:16 AM

That appears excellent. Thanks for the update.

Here's to the future of Qora!

Since I wrote the document during a basketball game of one of my children, I'm now doing some modifications to it... hah.

So please re-download and read again, and/or wait another hour or so, then re-download and re-read.

I wasn't pleased with it in the initial state. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so excuse this Wink)

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:39:13 PM

-[ANNouncement]- New QORA Evolution Document

Hello everyone, just wanted to post the document I wrote up about the plans for QORA. This includes a totally new totally decentralized real-time communication application similar to Slack, that we have running on the testnet. (This is the exciting surprise that I mentioned a few weeks back, and only one example of the new dApps that will be coming from QORA!

From now on, as mentioned in the document, all information for QORA will be posted in our CIYAM open project management system. People will not only be able to see development, who is working on what, and estimated completion dates, but also be able to donate (platform currently running in BURST but will have links to donate in BTC and QORA) to either individual tasks, overall project, or project sections. This we believe will help people to see what is going on, in a fully open system. Also help to give people the option to donate to entice more development on certain things that they believe need more work, and see estimated completion dates.

I'm out at a basketball game right now, but I promised this by this week, so here you all go, me fulfilling another promise! Can't wait to show you the working version of the communication dApp, and more that is going on now!

the project management platform was just started, so I haven't put tasks in or areas yet, but I will next week. Thanks!

The project will either be called Quoth or Qola, and will be on the mainnet next week Smiley

Here's the document, and a picture of the application running now...

Doc download link - https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/GiFUdSU8wWRPqKq

CIYAM open - project management - http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20161027163848578000&ident=M100V137&chksum=d57aa36e

** also, and FYI - the CIYAM open website, is one of the few websites in the world that is written in C++** Smiley

Pic of Qouth/Qola decentralized slack-style real-time communication platform on QORA - full size - https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/qXsQvhhrBbczAB0

(just so that you know, you'll be able to nickname your wallet addresses, which is currently possible, so that you come up with a nick and not the wallet address, this pic was taken at the very beginning stages of development.)

HERE'S TO THE FUTURE OF QORA!

Good work!

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:50:25 PM

Great work. A lot more users should be joining Qora very soon  I hope Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: