Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210811 times)
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:48:23 AM

Most people feel offended by aspects of themselves.

Cool

And what aspect of yourself are you offended by? Is it your inability to show compassion or empathy? Or your constant belittling of others for your own self justification?

I think that you are the one who are on this. You are the on who can survive with it. About your own aspects, you can decide whether you are doing right or wrong. If you are doing right, then you have to prove or don't be afraid to show them what you are, and who you are.

If you are asking if I am an offensive person, then the answer is yes! I believe that some people find me offensive and brash. I am not afraid to admit my faults.

Happy to discuss my faults if it makes you feel better about your own.

I only ask that you do not try and tell me how and what I should believe in and make it out to be the truth.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chachaa

Activity: 287

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:52:50 AM

Most people feel offended by aspects of themselves.

Cool

And what aspect of yourself are you offended by? Is it your inability to show compassion or empathy? Or your constant belittling of others for your own self justification?

I think that you are the one who are on this. You are the on who can survive with it. About your own aspects, you can decide whether you are doing right or wrong. If you are doing right, then you have to prove or don't be afraid to show them what you are, and who you are.

If you are asking if I am an offensive person, then the answer is yes! I believe that some people find me offensive and brash. I am not afraid to admit my faults.

Happy to discuss my faults if it makes you feel better about your own.

I only ask that you do not try and tell me how and what I should believe in and make it out to be the truth.
To tell you what you should believe is simply impossible. Believers are people who do not listen to words of reason. They live in their own world. Invented, but it suits them. Remember the movie "the matrix"? It's about you.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:05:23 AM

The Rise of Leftism Was Inevitable
By John C. Wright
http://www.scifiwright.com/2017/01/inequality-and-antichrist/#more-17583
The rise of a secular religion called Leftism or Liberalism was inevitable. It was inevitable because a vacuum of opinion on metaphysical matters is as impossible as erecting a mathematics without axioms. Without Christian metaphysics, first assumptions of secular metaphysics govern society.

Hence, in the modern period, the first assumptions of secularism entered into all the areas, hospitals, universities, family law, and public charities, which once had been controlled by canon law, and administered by the Church.

Those assumptions are that truth is subjective, that logic is a mere word game unrelated to reality, that virtue is relative, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that the mind exists as a side effect of matter in motion; that God is dead and therefore the impersonal forces of history are God; that Christ is but one wise man among many; and that man is but one animal among many, and like them, lacks dignity and lacks free will, and therefore liberty and equality are myths, and the brotherhood of man is a joke.

One form of secularism says that since men are unequal, the elite should rule the benighted; another says that since men are unequal, the master race should rule the inferior races.

The idea that all men deserve equal treatment under the law, and equal dignity despite their differences in talent, virtue, wealth and social position, and that all men are brothers under the skin, is an idea unique to Western Civilization. It has its roots in Jewish theology and Athenian philosophy, which are the two wellsprings from which Christendom flows, but it is an uniquely Christian artifact.

Perhaps in India, a member of the Brahmin caste can claim to be morally superior by birth to an Untouchable, on the grounds that Karma, in reward or penalty for deeds done in past lives, has raised or lowered the caste into which the soul is reborn in his life. That is not the Christian notion.

Perhaps in the ancient world, the patricians of Rome, counting their descent from Aeneas, and hence from divine Venus, knew themselves to be more beloved of the gods than barbarians and lesser races. Elysium was reserved for heroes and demigods.

The Christian notion is that a saved peasant goes to heaven and a damned rich man goes to hell. Each man is judged by his own deed, and taken naked before the Judgement Seat, without any worldly trappings, robes, crowns, or coins to be seen. The prince who did not repent is thrown on the lake of fire; the pauper who confessed his sins and confessed Christ as Lord is brought to the bosom of Abraham. Rank hath no privileges on Doomsday.

The concept has been abused by secularists claiming that true equality or social justice equality can only be achieved by the rule of the elite over the benighted or the master race over their inferiors, but no one should be foolish enough to mistake this false notion of equality, egalitarianism, for the reality.

The idea of equality is not the idea that difference of talent, virtue, wealth and social position do not exist. It is not the idea that these differences are undesirable and should expunged by a redistribution of wealth and a suppression of talent.

The idea of equality is the mystical Christian idea that DESPITE the obvious differences of talent, virtue, wealth and social position, all men are and should be judged each man on his own merit, and all men are equal in the sight of God, hence equal in the sight of the law.

That is all the word means and all it has ever meant.

The antichristian idea is precisely the opposite: it is the idea since men are not equal in rank and wealth, intelligence and talent THEREFORE they are not equal in dignity, not to be judged each man on his own merit, but to be judged collectively. By this logic, a man of the elite or of the master race has rights and privileges protected at law which those whom birth or matters outside human control place at a lower rank in their social hierarchy do not and can never enjoy.

qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 04:24:01 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 04:49:35 AM by qwik2learn

You can read the Bible and see the vast differences between OT and NT, between the gospels and the teaching of Paul, etc; you can also read the book "Misquoting Jesus" and determine for yourself that NOT ALL of these men were DIRECTLY inspired by GOD. Therefore, how could the Bible be a DIRECT TEACHING FROM GOD???
The teachings are not different. They are simply said in different ways. Also, they are said to different groups of people, and to people with different outlooks and understandings in life. This is why they are said differently.

For example. If I were to try to explain proof for the existence of God to a tribe of Australian Aborigines, people who had not had any modern science schooling at all, it wouldn't make sense to talk to them about cause and effect and Newton's 3rd Law. I would have to go about it a different way.

You mention the Dead Sea Scrolls, but fail to mention the writings made by early Christians found at Nag Hammadi which are in opposition to the now-popular teachings of Paul. Actually, the history of the Bible is far more tangled than you have been led to believe; maybe you would be better off STUDYING THE WRITINGS OF BIBLE SCHOLARS WITH EXPERTISE? It seems like you are trusting in Paul's teaching but paying no heed to that of the Gnostics or even that of Deepak Chopra as in his book "The Third Jesus". In these Gnostic texts Jesus actually says "I am not your master"! Now where is that in the Bible!? Regarding the Dead Sea Scrolls, they only prove that there was more important information left out of the Bible, like the process for making MANNA:

The excavation of Qumran, Judea revealed a complex system of conduits, channels and numerous water cisterns, some of which led directly from the Dead Sea. This salt-laden water was not suitable for drinking, but its high mineral content has been found to be a source of high quality m-state material for the processing of white gold powder.
Each blade of grass is important in the universe. The universe would be radically different if even one blade of grass that had been cause-and-effected to exist, simply did not exist.

If the Bible held all the important information in it, it might be bigger than the universe. That which is written is there for the saving of souls. That which is not written will add little towards the saving goal, and might even detract from it if added.

Getting back to the main point: it seems kind of absurd to have such an important project (the WORD) for mankind in the hands of so many fallible men; GOD certainly works in mysterious ways but men are prone to corruption and certainly the Bible has the mark of man upon it. Can the same be said about the Phoenix Journals? These volumes are more lucid and go into every detail, and were written by just ONE scribe.

Hatonn is: Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn-Aton.  I write through a “Translator”; communications through pulsed short-wave transmission.  This is not “psychic channeling nor hocus-pocus”. This is purely “physics” of frequency transmission, receiver termination of transmission and translation of the signal into the English language.

I am Commander of the “Phoenix Project”, serving the Command of that ONE whom you refer to as “The Messenger, Christos, God, etc.”  The “Command Fleet” is from the sector Pleiades from which originated your ancestral lineage.  My mission is in preparation for the return of the “God” to reclaim His property.  He went forth and has prepared safe passage and “a place” for each of you who would come within His shelter.  The choice is individual for force is not of God and you have free-will for all choices.

This is why God allows the Dead Sea Scrolls to exist... so that we can see which writings are infallible, by comparing the ancient to the new. Whatever is copied accurately by hand over thousands of years is something that has power. Since the Phoenix Project writings have only been around for a short while, and since they contradict the Bible in some places, they are probably demonic writings.

At the time of the judgment in the last day, all prophetic writings will become unimportant. They will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire following the judgment. The only book that will remain is the Word of God, Jesus, and those who follow Jesus.

Some of the other prophetic writings might help people live good lives here in this life, for the tiny hundred years that they live. Other writings might have Jesus salvation mentioned. But all the Jesus salvation writing comes first from the Bible. So, since we have the Bible with us, let's go directly to the source for salvation... the Bible.

Cool
It is truly absurd to think that the Bible is inerrant; I will prove it very simply and let's see if BADecker wants to reason with me...

There is absolutely no proof that the source of salvation is the Bible, nor is it obvious that Jesus taught "Jesus salvation" or "Bible salvation" or "Christ paid for your sins" or any of this Pauline nonsense. It is quite a stretch to imagine a prophet teaching "salvation by faith IN ME ALONE". Really? I think the arguments against "SAVIORS" in the Phoenix Journals are more convincing than your repetitive demand that I seek out the Bible as the SOLE SOURCE OF WISDOM (?). I certainly feel that you should read these arguments along with Chopra's "The Third Jesus", and the writings of various experts to determine the role that Paul and his teachings had to play in early Christian history. Why not learn about things that JESUS ACTUALLY SAID? Indeed, Jesus did say "I am not your master", and this is a far different claim than Paul's teaching (i.e. BADecker's dogma). It is obviously not "just a different way of saying things"! You would like to make that claim and avoid making a clear THESIS STATEMENT, but I already know that your thesis is PAUL'S TEACHINGS (i.e. "Jesus is the master"). BADecker, I have educated myself on this subject. Why not you?

Had this Bible been accurately copied over generations then I suppose you would have a decent argument about historical preservation of cultural and theological information via this Bible (IN FACT this argument is made about Vedic history in the film "Krishna: History or Myth?"). IN FACT; HOWEVER, THERE ARE MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE VERSIONS OF THE NT THAN THERE ARE WORDS IN THE NT! How is that for "accuracy"?! This book has been re-written to suit an agenda and provably it happened thousands of times! It is little wonder that the phrase "I am not your master" was left out of the Bible! How can I trust your true facts about the Bible, BADecker? Your "good book" has been re-written by MAN!

PLEASE, Go ahead and say that I am promoting "demonic writings"! THAT does nothing more than ATTRACT people to this material and prove that you are not able to accept TRUTH when you find it, even when it agrees with what you already believe!!
qwik2learn

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 04:58:27 AM

If I had to pick '-ism' I would pick humanism.  Sorry, religions offend my intellect.

Humanism asserts that man only has one life and that he lives it on Earth.

This is obviously false.

"The world in which we live is not the only one in which we shall live or have lived."

The most brilliant mathematician of our time has made an extraordinary claim about human life; we should pay attention! These ideas about re-birth are not only backed by evidence, they are derived from rigorous logic.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:14:55 AM

I think the arguments against "SAVIORS" in the Phoenix Journals are more convincing than your repetitive demand that I seek out the Bible as the SOLE SOURCE OF WISDOM (?).
Had this Bible been accurately copied over generations then I suppose you would have a decent argument about historical preservation of cultural and theological information via this Bible
IN FACT; HOWEVER, THERE ARE MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE VERSIONS OF THE NT THAN THERE ARE WORDS IN THE NT! How is that for "accuracy"?! This book has been re-written to suit an agenda and provably it happened thousands of times! It is little wonder that the phrase "I am not your master" was left out of the Bible! How can I trust your true facts about the Bible, BADecker? Your "good book" has been re-written by MAN!

qwik2learn I am curious I am honestly not familiar with data regarding the accuracy of the New Testament over time. However, if you are correct that "THERE ARE MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE VERSIONS OF THE NT THAN THERE ARE WORDS IN THE NT" why do you go forward from there to an embrace of this modern prophet Phoenix Journals rather then back to a text that has been demonstrated not to exhibit such variability?

The Greatest Archaeological Find of the 20th Century
https://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/is-the-bible-true/proof-2-dead-sea-scrolls/
The doctrine of inerrancy, as commonly understood, states: “Inerrancy is the view that when all the facts become known, they will demonstrate that the Bible in its original autographs and correctly interpreted is entirely true and never false in all it affirms, whether that relates to doctrines or ethics or to the social, physical, or life sciences.” This statement was articulated in the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy 1974.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are universally proclaimed as the greatest archaeological find of the 20th century. The first scrolls were discovered quite by accident by a young Bedouin shepherd in the Qumran area near the Dead Sea in 1947. When tossing a rock into an open cave in the cliffs just above the Dead Sea, he heard the sound of a breaking pot.

Upon investigation, he and his fellow Bedouins discovered several clay jars that contained rolled-up scrolls. They took four of these scrolls to Bethlehem for testing. An antiquities dealer by the name of Kando confirmed their authenticity and purchased the original four scrolls for $150. He then sold them to Archbishop Samuel, head of the Syrian Orthodox Monastery of St. Mark in Jerusalem.

The Bedouins did not fully realize the value of their discovery and subsequently sold three additional scrolls to another antiquities dealer for an equivalent amount. This all took place in 1947.

Such a historic find could not be kept quiet for very long. When in 1948 Hebrew University Professor Eliezer Lipa Sukenik heard through an Armenian antiquities dealer of the scrolls’ discovery, he promptly looked into it.

He met secretly with the antiquities dealer in the British military zone near the Jerusalem border. The dealer provided a fragment for the professor to examine. Professor Sukenik realized that he was viewing an authentic ancient writing.

He wrote in his diary: “My hands shook as I started to unwrap one of them. I read a few sentences. It was written in beautiful biblical Hebrew. The language was like that of the Psalms, but the text was unknown to me. I looked and looked, and I suddenly had the feeling that I was privileged by destiny to gaze upon a Hebrew Scroll which had not been read for more than 2,000 years.”
The treasure trove, now known as the Dead Sea Scrolls, includes a small number of near-complete scrolls and tens of thousands of fragments, representing more than 900 texts in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

The scrolls consist of two general types: the biblical text (including partial or complete copies of all the books of the Hebrew Scriptures with the exception of the book of Esther) and nonbiblical texts (including letters, hymns, prayers, calendrical texts and legal documents).
What is so special about these scrolls, and how do they help us prove the Bible is true? Until the discovery of the scrolls, the oldest manuscripts of the Hebrew Scriptures dated from the 10th century, about 2,500 years after the time of Moses. How can we be assured of the integrity of a document after so much time?

Considering the carefulness of the copyists is one way to be assured of the accuracy of the preservation
The Dead Sea Scrolls are generally dated from around 200 B.C. to A.D. 68. This is more than 1,000 years older than any manuscripts of the Hebrew Old Testament that we had before their discovery. Because of their age and close similarity with the Masoretic Text, we now have an objective basis for determining that the biblical text used in our modern copies of the Old Testament is accurate.

Norman Geisler is the author of several books on the subject of inerrancy: Inerrancy, 1978; General Introduction to the Bible, 1986; and From God to Us, 2012. Dr. Geisler says the Dead Sea Scrolls provide the best external evidence showing the validity of the Masoretic Text, proving that this text type was in fact accurately preserved over a period of about 1,000 years from the first century to the 900s A.D.

He concludes that we can be confident that the texts used to copy the Dead Sea Scrolls were of the same tradition or family as used in the Masoretic Text. He provides evidence from comparative studies of the Isaiah scroll revealing that a word-for-word identity exists in 95 percent of the text. That is a very high rate of similarity for documents that were copied 1,000 years apart.

Other scholars have commented on the similarities between the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Masoretic Text. Hebrew scholar Millar Burrows writes, “It is a matter of wonder that through something like one thousand years the text underwent so little alteration. As I said in my first article on the scroll, ‘Herein lies its chief importance, supporting the fidelity of the Masoretic tradition’” (The Dead Sea Scrolls, 1955).

The Dead Sea Scrolls provide an objective confirmation of the authenticity of the Masoretic Text, which is the basis for our modern copies of the Old Testament. Although we live in 2015, we can go back in time 2,000 years and read from the scroll of Isaiah discovered by a shepherd boy in a cave above the Dead Sea.

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:37:42 AM

If I had to pick '-ism' I would pick humanism.  Sorry, religions offend my intellect.

This is obviously false.

"The world in which we live is not the only one in which we shall live or have lived."

The most brilliant mathematician of our time has made an extraordinary claim about human life; we should pay attention! These ideas about re-birth are not only backed by evidence, they are derived from rigorous logic.
"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Kvazimoda

Activity: 287

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:58:28 AM

This is obviously false.

I wonder how you can mathematically prove the afterlife? I think it's all nonsense. I don't believe in God nor in the afterlife. This tale which allow to keep in slavery duped people.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:38:34 PM

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Yet you are dying anyways with or without belief.

In your world nothing is more valuable than an ever diminishing pile of seconds.

Your fear must necessarily grow with each passing day.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:51:54 PM

I think it's all nonsense. I don't believe in God... This tale which allow to keep in slavery duped people.

I have written a fairly extensive argument that you have this backwards Kvazimoda.

See:
Religion and Progress
The Nature of Freedom

qwik2learn

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:26:20 PM

I think the arguments against "SAVIORS" in the Phoenix Journals are more convincing than your repetitive demand that I seek out the Bible as the SOLE SOURCE OF WISDOM (?).
Had this Bible been accurately copied over generations then I suppose you would have a decent argument about historical preservation of cultural and theological information via this Bible
IN FACT; HOWEVER, THERE ARE MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE VERSIONS OF THE NT THAN THERE ARE WORDS IN THE NT! How is that for "accuracy"?! This book has been re-written to suit an agenda and provably it happened thousands of times! It is little wonder that the phrase "I am not your master" was left out of the Bible! How can I trust your true facts about the Bible, BADecker? Your "good book" has been re-written by MAN!

qwik2learn I am curious I am honestly not familiar with data regarding the accuracy of the New Testament over time. However, if you are correct that "THERE ARE MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE VERSIONS OF THE NT THAN THERE ARE WORDS IN THE NT" why do you go forward from there to an embrace of this modern prophet Phoenix Journals rather then back to a text that has been demonstrated not to exhibit such variability?

The Greatest Archaeological Find of the 20th Century
https://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/is-the-bible-true/proof-2-dead-sea-scrolls/

The advantages of choosing a modern text for spiritual guidance are immediately obvious; firstly it is really exciting to read the plain and literal english of our times rather than the same ancient material. The fidelity of the speaker is of paramount importance. In Phoenix Journals you will read the statement that even the book of Isaiah has been modified; it is one speaker's word against another's. In the audios you will hear that "God would never terrorize a child"; to me this speaker makes more ethical sense than the apparently well-preserved story of the child who was almost killed by his father as a "sacrifice unto GOD" (story of Isaac).

Also: Why do you choose the OT which is in this case "95% consistent" when there are books that are about as old and MORE consistent? Take a look at the film "Krishna: History or Myth?" for details.

Another thing to consider is the consistency and ethical clarity of Phoenix Journal 2 when compared to the four popular gospels. The only sensible way to choose the better text is to read them ALL with an open mind.

I posted earlier about learning from spiritual teachers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424793.msg15532145#msg15532145
qwik2learn

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:48:27 PM

One more time, if you believe, hear or see something that other people don't see or hear, you are losing your mind.
OK, maybe some people are losing their minds, but in EVP, the voices are coming from an electronic device. Would you claim that these devices are losing their minds?

Obviously false?  Really?  Please enlighten me.

Yes, humanism is obviously false! It does not take much searching to find the overwhelming evidence. So what kind of effort have you put forward?
Would you claim that all of the AECES top 40 cases have simple and obvious explanations?

http://www.aeces.info/Top40/top40-main.shtml
qwik2learn

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:26:55 PM

One more time, if you believe, hear or see something that other people don't see or hear, you are losing your mind.
OK, maybe some people are losing their minds, but in EVP, the voices are coming from an electronic device. Would you claim that these devices are losing their minds?

Obviously false?  Really?  Please enlighten me.

Yes, humanism is obviously false! It does not take much searching to find the overwhelming evidence. So what kind of effort have you put forward?
Would you claim that all of the AECES top 40 cases have simple and obvious explanations?

I have not examined the 40 cases you have listed.  Have you examined millions of cases of people dying never to be heard from again?

You used the wrong word to describe your position.  It is not obvious that there is life after death.

What is obvious that there is no life after death. Why? Because everyone lost a family member and they experienced the fact that loss is permanent.

That fact is obvious, not some 40 cases in a pdf file on some website.

No, not everyone experienced that loss as permanent. Some were able to connect again with the dead. Others were able to witness the prior personality in a new living body.
Lots of related evidence; time for you to do some reading: http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/deathbed-visions.html
Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 08:10:05 PM

I have not examined the 40 cases you have listed.  Have you examined millions of cases of people dying never to be heard from again?

You used the wrong word to describe your position.  It is not obvious that there is life after death.

What is obvious that there is no life after death. Why? Because everyone lost a family member and they experienced the fact that loss is permanent.

I on your website can also write anything you want. Who would believe it? I am sure that there is no life after death exists. This tale for people who can't think for themselves and hope that they help someone.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:23:46 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 09:48:06 PM by CoinCube

CoinCube,

Monotheism (or Polytheism) is lagging our social progress.  Progress happens because people use reason and logic to learn more about the nature not because of monotheism.  
Most religions change BECAUSE of social and technological progress; religions change to avoid losing their membership.  

Religions HINDER progress. Always did, always will be.  
Do not forget Giordano Bruno and many other progressive thinkers!!!!

Richard Fenyman puts it nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajV2h6bZB3Y

Progress happens because we learn more about the world around us (without ANY perceived notions of how it all happened and why we are here).

World we see might be here for no reason, or for reasons unrelated to 1000s of religious explanations.  

Assuming the answer is known is not getting you any closer to the truth.  Such position stops you from investigating further.

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”
― Richard Feynman

af_newbie I very much enjoyed your linked video by Richard Fenyman. I also agree with most of the message. We do need to seek answers. In its unhealthy manifestations religion can prevent us from asking questions. Perhaps this is what Gödel was referring to when he said:

Quote from: Kurt Gödel
Religions are, for the most part, bad—but religion is not.

It certainly gets harder to believe when you embrace doubt. However, at the end of the day we must make a choice about who we are. That choice or lack thereof will define us regardless of our doubts.

Not believing in a traditional afterlife does not free one from the necessity of a belief in God it simply makes compliance with that necessity more difficult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadducees#Religious
The Sadducees were a sect or group of Jews that was active in Judea during the Second Temple period, starting from the second century BCE through the destruction of the Temple in 70 CE. The sect was identified by Josephus with the upper social and economic echelon of Judean society.

The Sadducees rejected the Oral Law as proposed by the Pharisees. Rather, they saw the Torah as the sole source of divine authority.
According to Josephus, the Sadducees believed that:

There is no fate
God does not commit evil
Man has free will; “man has the free choice of good or evil”
The soul is not immortal; there is no afterlife, and
There are no rewards or penalties after death

The Sadducees or people with very similar views were responsible for transmitting the Hebrew Bible from the time of Moses to the time of the first Jewish uprising a period of well over a thousand years.

These people did not believe in any reward or afterlife but they believed in God and believed in him with such fervor that they transmitted the Hebrew Scriptures for over a thousand years bequeathing them to Rabbinic Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In doing so they transformed the world.

ekaterina77

Activity: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:49:36 PM

Who gave these texts? No they are not kept thousands of years. Someone wrote this nonsense, and then 2 thousand years each, they were copied and customized interpretation to fit your interests.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:59:38 PM

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

Yet you are dying anyways with or without belief.

In your world nothing is more valuable than an ever diminishing pile of seconds.

Your fear must necessarily grow with each passing day.
Yet you are dying anyways..Born to die Wink..With or without belief..I believe one day humans will discover many things so i have belief Grin..
BUT i have no belief in fairy tales

Your fear must necessarily grow with each passing day..YES IT DOES..The fact what our young children need to do for a future..

That's why i want a universal income for all Wink..TO SAVE US..I will win Grin..
qwik2learn

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:41:34 AM

No, not everyone experienced that loss as permanent. Some were able to connect again with the dead. Others were able to witness the prior personality in a new living body.
Lots of related evidence; time for you to do some reading: http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/deathbed-visions.html

Did anyone who died in YOUR family came back? If the answer is no, how can you say the answer is obvious?
If the answer is yes, I think you are suffering from some sort of the post dramatic disorder.  Your brain is playing tricks on you.

The human brain is an extremely complicated organ.  But it needs energy to stay alive, it cannot function without it. 
Dying is a process, it takes time. Once complete, the outcome is irreversible.
You think that the brain is playing tricks upon those who scribe inspired writings, but I think the whole of these writings are more consistent with the existence of a discarnate personality communicating with the incarnated. I have pointed to the paper "The Problem of Seth's Origin" as an example of analyzing evidence of this nature. This is an important paper in parapsychology literature and I also recommend "A Field Guide to Critical Thinking" for an introduction.

I can actually say that the answer is obvious because of the wealth of evidence that I have linked to over and over again, particularly in discussions with you. Taking the evidence as a whole is important because many different fields of study unite in supporting what is now called the "survival hypothesis"; you can start with understanding strong cases (AECES top 40) or understanding modern theoretical physics or biology; NDE is only the start but you have ignored all evidence presented so far. There are even some banned TED talks that relate to the true relationship between mind and brain; it is obvious that mainstream atheism does not want the cat out of the bag.

Everything in the universe is cyclical, and everything depends on awareness to be observed, so from this I observe that awareness is cyclical. That is how obvious we are talking about.

If you conduct an Internet search of Pseudoscience, you will find page after page of skeptical articles condemning paranormal subjects and those who study them. They have been effective because today, several countries, including the USA, considers pseudoscience a clear and present danger to scientific progress. The result has been virtually no funding for research and rapid condemnation of academics who are brave enough to study anything paranormal unless they are seeking to understand the nature of the “paranormalist mental illness.”

This growing suppression can be countered by a well-organized and paranormalist community speaking well-considered arguments for why the skeptics are wrong and why knowing about things paranormal is important to society.

In fact parapsychological researchers are always working to overcome Unthinking and/or Unfounded Criticism on the part of others; this is probably the main issue faced by the people who are interested in things paranormal and people who are actively involved in the study of parapsychology, psychical research, hauntings investigations, survival and transcommunication.
http://ethericstudies.org/trojan-horse/
http://ethericstudies.org/introduction-to-community/
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:28:42 AM

Did anyone who died in YOUR family came back? If the answer is no, how can you say the answer is obvious?
If the answer is yes, I think you are suffering from some sort of the post dramatic disorder.  Your brain is playing tricks on you.

The human brain is an extremely complicated organ.  But it needs energy to stay alive, it cannot function without it. 
Dying is a process, it takes time. Once complete, the outcome is irreversible.
You think that the brain is playing tricks upon those who scribe inspired writings, but I think the whole of these writings are more consistent with the existence of a discarnate personality communicating with the incarnated. I have pointed to the paper "The Problem of Seth's Origin" as an example of analyzing evidence of this nature. This is an important paper in parapsychology literature and I also recommend "A Field Guide to Critical Thinking" for an introduction.

I can actually say that the answer is obvious because of the wealth of evidence that I have linked to over and over again, particularly in discussions with you. Taking the evidence as a whole is important because many different fields of study unite in supporting what is now called the "survival hypothesis"; you can start with understanding strong cases (AECES top 40) or understanding modern theoretical physics or biology; NDE is only the start but you have ignored all evidence presented so far. There are even some banned TED talks that relate to the true relationship between mind and brain; it is obvious that mainstream atheism does not want the cat out of the bag.

Everything in the universe is cyclical, and everything depends on awareness to be observed, so from this I observe that awareness is cyclical. That is how obvious we are talking about.

If you conduct an Internet search of Pseudoscience, you will find page after page of skeptical articles condemning paranormal subjects and those who study them. They have been effective because today, several countries, including the USA, considers pseudoscience a clear and present danger to scientific progress. The result has been virtually no funding for research and rapid condemnation of academics who are brave enough to study anything paranormal unless they are seeking to understand the nature of the “paranormalist mental illness.”

This growing suppression can be countered by a well-organized and paranormalist community speaking well-considered arguments for why the skeptics are wrong and why knowing about things paranormal is important to society.

In fact parapsychological researchers are always working to overcome Unthinking and/or Unfounded Criticism on the part of others; this is probably the main issue faced by the people who are interested in things paranormal and people who are actively involved in the study of parapsychology, psychical research, hauntings investigations, survival and transcommunication.
http://ethericstudies.org/trojan-horse/
http://ethericstudies.org/introduction-to-community/

Again, the ghosts, spirits, afterlife is not observable.  An average person does not experience any of the paranormal activities.  That is why I say it is not obvious to me and most people.

People who experience paranormal activity, people who talk to ghosts or spirits are not well.  It is plain and simple.

Ask yourself this question, do you personally experienced any of the paranormal activity?  Do you personally know anyone who did?

There are 1% of people worldwide suffering from schizophrenia.  The percentage of people suffering only from the 'paranormal perception disorder' is probably much smaller.

I suspect some schizophrenics can talk to ghosts and spirits.  That is the nature of their illness.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:21:43 AM

Again, the ghosts, spirits, afterlife is not observable.  An average person does not experience any of the paranormal activities.  That is why I say it is not obvious to me and most people.

People who experience paranormal activity, people who talk to ghosts or spirits are not well.  It is plain and simple.

Ask yourself this question, do you personally experienced any of the paranormal activity?  Do you personally know anyone who did?

There are 1% of people worldwide suffering from schizophrenia.  The percentage of people suffering only from the 'paranormal perception disorder' is probably much smaller.

I suspect some schizophrenics can talk to ghosts and spirits.  That is the nature of their illness.

Then there's you... someone who can't even understand that God exists when the science that proves Him is explained directly to you. Since you might understand anything or not, anything you might post should be taken with dozens of grains of salt.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: