Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
June 16, 2021, 03:06:29 AM

Do you even think before you post your silly stuff?

Cool

My BADecker irony meter just exploded....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 16, 2021, 10:07:33 PM

Do you even think before you post your silly stuff?

Cool

My BADecker irony meter just exploded....

You just know there has to be some irony somewhere. Keep looking. You might even be able to find some.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 10:15:48 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2021, 11:18:43 PM by Trading

Christians say that the fact that God (the father) was willing to send his son on a suicide mission (Bill Maher) with the goal of saving us all from our sins is evidence that he is a god of love!

If god's goal was to clean humankind from their past sins, couldn't he just forgive them?

If his intent was to make us better by example, he couldn't find a better way?

God is said to be omnipotent but the only way he found to make us better was to sacrifice Jesus to die an agonizing death?

Jesus wasn't pleased with the experience. He cried out: My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?! Was he talking with himself (god, the father, and god, the son)? It doesn't look like as he planned the move...

Sacrificing Jesus wasn't a breach of the command he gave to Abraham, not to kill his son?

Do what I say and not what I do?

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Trading (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 11:07:45 PM

Christians use the cross as a symbol with pride, usually with Jesus nailed on it.

But there is no need to invoke common sense. The very bible leaves abundantly clear that Jesus wasn't pleased with the experience.

If he could see them, how Jesus would feel to see all his worshipers with a cross with him nailed?

I doubt that he would be pleased with the homage. It would bring him traumatic memories.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 04:17:44 AM

Christians use the cross as a symbol with pride, usually with Jesus nailed on it.

But there is no need to invoke common sense. The very bible leaves abundantly clear that Jesus wasn't pleased with the experience.

If he could see them, how Jesus would feel to see all his worshipers with a cross with him nailed?

I doubt that he would be pleased with the homage. It would bring him traumatic memories.

why did Jesus did not write a single book/paragraph/sentence in the bible?
Trading (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2021, 04:59:12 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2021, 06:39:26 PM by Trading

Jesus was dead when some people, many only had met him on dreams or under the effects of some intoxicating substance (including Paul of Tarsus, who had persecuted Christians all his life), decided to write the New Testament.

Christians say that he resuscitated. The bible says he had the hole from the roman lance, but claims that he kept walking around.

I guess it would be too much to ask from Jesus in that situation, that he would still had the presence of mind to write something.

He probably would said "Come on bro, I have this hole here, give me a break... you write something about me".

It would be nice to have something written by him. But I doubt his text would survive the censors of the IV century.

Even the Gospel according to Peter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Peter) was excluded from the Bible.

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 03:48:11 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2021, 02:50:13 PM by sirazimuth

......The bible says he had the hole from the roman lance, but claims that he kept walking around.

I guess it would be too much to ask from Jesus in that situation, that he would still had the presence of mind to write something.

He probably would said "Come on bro, I have this hole here, give me a break... you write something about me".

Well speaking of holes in Jesus, did he not also have holes in the palms of his hands?
Rumor has it that a kind hearted passing by roman, upon hearing Jesus's groans of pain, impaled up there on the cross,
decided to remove the nails that made those holes in his hands......
"No worries bro...I'll get these nails out...I got a claw hammer!"
Jesus replied in a panic...''whoa, WHOA!!...feet first!!!...."

hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 11:28:06 PM

Religitards think their shit don't stink...

They think they are better than everyone else (God's special/chosen people)

They think everyone else is doomed to hell, and certainly not worthy of being treated with common decency or respect

How sad it must be to believe you are inherently superior to anyone based on believing a fairy tale... What the fuck is wrong with people?

Question with regards your username. Do you believe in "Moloch"? ...........or "Vulcan" to ye pagans

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Alfreed

Activity: 92
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 11:33:06 PM

I used to believe in God. my grandmother told me a lot about it and read the Bible. but as I grow older, I begin to doubt its existence. more and more often it seems to me that we have nowhere to wait for help, we need to rely only on ourselves. but all the same, that is, it is not God, but some kind of force exists. we just can't investigate and explain it yet

[в цeнтpe] █ █ █ CETЬ JAX █ █ █
⚫ ⚫ ⚫ MACШTAБИPУEMAЯ И ДEЦEHTPAЛИЗOBAHHAЯ CTAБИЛЬHAЯ MOHETA ДЛЯ DEFI ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬▬ https://jax.network/ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ [/ cen
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 02:51:28 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2021, 01:48:13 AM by sirazimuth

......The bible says he had the hole from the roman lance, but claims that he kept walking around.

Well speaking of holes in Jesus, did he not also have holes in the palms of his hands?
Rumor has it that a kind hearted passing by roman, upon hearing Jesus's groans of pain, impaled up there on the cross,
decided to remove the nails that made those holes in his hands......
"No worries bro...I'll get these nails out...I got a claw hammer!"
Jesus replied in a panic...''whoa, WHOA!!...feet first!!!...."

edit... (apologies for self quote)
This joke is more effective told IRL, so you can
frantically flap your arms in front of yourself as you start falling forward while yelling the punchline.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 05:12:09 PM

^^^ There is only one reason why you are an atheist... You simply don't want to accept reality.

It's Sunday. You should be in church.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 08:00:21 PM

^^^ There is only one reason why you are an atheist... You simply don't want to accept reality.

It's Sunday. You should be in church. having a beer.

Cool

ftfy

Hey, did you like my jesus joke bud?
I got plenty more.......

inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2021, 10:56:09 PM

Freedom of choice of religion is one of the proofs of human rights.  I just hope that one day you will find your faith.  even if you are an atheist if you really use your mind in your daily life, then you will always do positive things (not drinking, stealing, free sex etc.) because it is basically against reason.  Religion only helps humans understand their existence.  I recommend you to watch the P.K movie starring Amir khan.  there is a very deep meaning in the guise of religion.  This film carries a very sensitive theme.

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 11:46:56 PM

Cool

ftfy

I got plenty more.......

I barely glanced at your Jesus joke. But Jesus liked it.     Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 01:52:10 AM

Cool

ftfy

I got plenty more.......

I can always count on a reply from you, bud. Say hi to your invisible imaginary friend for me!

sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 04:51:35 PM

I just wanna share my insights about religion as I grew older. Before, I can say that I really believed on it and I devoted most of my time to please the church as well as God but as I learn and reflect about the things happening in the world, I find it illogical to keep my faith on something that lets the people of the world suffer with injust. I found it logical that it is very impossible to have a scripture that is not revised nor manipulated that was kept clean up until now. As clueless as I am on how the world really began, I am also curious about what is the true religion or was there such thing as true religion.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 02:31:31 AM

I can always count on a reply from you, bud. Say hi to your invisible imaginary friend for me!

Okay. Hi, sirazimuth.  So sad that you can't say 'hi' to yourself, being invisible and imaginary. Or is it that you are taking the lockdowns way too seriously? If you are, it matches your handle, seriousmouth. Lol.

I just wanna share my insights about religion as I grew older. Before, I can say that I really believed on it and I devoted most of my time to please the church as well as God but as I learn and reflect about the things happening in the world, I find it illogical to keep my faith on something that lets the people of the world suffer with injust. I found it logical that it is very impossible to have a scripture that is not revised nor manipulated that was kept clean up until now. As clueless as I am on how the world really began, I am also curious about what is the true religion or was there such thing as true religion.

The accuracy of the Bible isn't the important thing. Why not? Because you can find all kinds of Bible readers on both sides... believers and unbelievers. In the same way that God uses the Bible reading that Bible readers do to work salvation in some, nobody knows how the Holy Spirit does this... or how the unbelievers resist.

Much of the Bible makes simple sense. Some of it seems contradictory. Bible believers explain some of it away, but much of the Bible is complicated enough that it can't be explained easily. Yet believers keep on believing, and unbelievers remain in unbelief.

Here's the answer. What was the failing of Adam and Eve that brought sin into the world? I mean the real failing, not the simple idea of eating the forbidden fruit. Basically, it was that they believed the snake rather than God. So, since it hinged on belief, God turns it back to us in the form of believing Him now... even if we don't understand exactly what we are believing or how we are doing it.

As Paul and Silas said to the jailer, Acts 16:31:
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
They didn't say "understand and you will be saved." They said "believe."

Hebrews 11:6 says it clearly:
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
As it says further Hebrews 11:13-15:
13All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

So, maintain your faith in God the best way you know how, and trust that He will maintain you in the ways that you can't.

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 08:22:34 PM

The accuracy of the Bible isn't the important thing. .....

Agreed. And since I've had a couple, I'm gonna bite .....( just like old times bud!)

Who needs accuracy in silly tales about a magic invisible, almighty sky daddy, talking snakes, and a giant arc, floating around in some
mythical world flood with two of every species of animal (even dinosaurs!... lol) onboard, written and made up by ignorant goat herders 2000 years ago?
I mean I find it fantastical that adults of normal intelligence still believe in that nonsense.
My 13 year old stopped believing in Santa Claus, which is a far more plausible story (though still ridiculous) when she turned ten.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 12:00:03 AM

Agreed. And since I've had a couple, I'm gonna bite .....( just like old times bud!)

Who needs accuracy in silly tales about a magic invisible, almighty sky daddy, talking snakes, and a giant arc, floating around in some
mythical world flood with two of every species of animal (even dinosaurs!... lol) onboard, written and made up by ignorant goat herders 2000 years ago?
I mean I find it fantastical that adults of normal intelligence still believe in that nonsense.
My 13 year old stopped believing in Santa Claus, which is a far more plausible story (though still ridiculous) when she turned ten.

The important thing is to have enough smarts to recognize that God exists, simply by looking at nature.

The second thing is to believe that He is talking to you through the words of the Bible.

Cool

Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:56:08 AM

The important thing is to have enough smarts to recognize that God exists, simply by looking at nature.

The second thing is to believe that He is talking to you through the words of the Bible.

You do realize that you are not making any counter arguments that destroy his, thus making his statements stands.

Ergo, it shows that you can't even barely defend the "bible" from his logics.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: