Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 04:31:19 PM

Putting a God in there answers nothing. Its makes it 10 times worse since you then have to explain a All mighty intelligence and where it came from. "It has always been there" is no answer since it then breaks Newton's 3rd Law.

All hypotheses regarding the origin of things involve self existence! Read First Principles by Herbert Spencer. Your rhetoric applies to any origin hypothesis whatsoever.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:56:42 PM

One of the main conclusions on the OP is that the burden of showing evidence is on the believers side.

Your belief is a matter of FACT? No my friend, I found the counter-example to your claim that "the brain creates conscience" and you are afraid to touch it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424793.msg17075020#msg17075020

According to Lorber:
"Of course these results are dramatic, but they're not overdramatic.  One would not make the claim if one did not have the evidence."

You find me an instance of a person without neocortex able to reasoning.

The burden of proof about any other life but this one is on you. Taking in account the evidences, my statement that this life is the only one we have seems pretty obvious.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:04:50 PM

I think you faulted in some passages of the Bible that you made reference to as you only picked a verse and not what was was going on at that point in time when the verse was related to.

Any comment is welcome.

However, I don't think you mean that when Yahweh ordered (read a priest said god ordered something in order to justify horrible acts from the ancient Hebrews) the extermination of women and children (Joshua 6:21; Judges 21:10; Numbers 31:7-18), killing of babies (Isaiah 13:16) or massive rape (Numbers 31:18; Deuteronomy 20:10-14) these acts could be justified by the context...

No one dares to try to argue that today in a moral debate.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:24:23 PM

I think you faulted in some passages of the Bible that you made reference to as you only picked a verse and not what was was going on at that point in time when the verse was related to.

Any comment is welcome.

However, I don't think you mean that when Yahweh ordered (read a priest said god ordered something in order to justify horrible acts from the ancient Hebrews) the extermination of women and children (Joshua 6:21; Judges 21:10; Numbers 31:7-18), killing of babies (Isaiah 13:16) or massive rape (Numbers 31:18; Deuteronomy 20:10-14) these acts could be justified by the context...

Why not. The executed were enemies of God, of good, and of God's people, Israel... even the babies were.

Besides, even if you don't understand, God owns everything. It is His right to do whatever He wants.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:41:06 PM

Any comment is welcome.

Why not. The executed were enemies of God, of good, and of God's people, Israel... even the babies were.

Besides, even if you don't understand, God owns everything. It is His right to do whatever He wants.

Cool

so, the god ain't all that loving and all that powerful since he can't stop the evil from the beginning.. and by killing the ones who think the opposite of him, he's not allowing the freedom that much, so worship him or die.. boy that sound like some jealous, egocentric god.. So why didn't he kill Stalin,Hitler and all other dictators, mass murderers that killed innocent people, Hitler killed those very same jews, yet we didn't see him doing anything... so in all, your god is an egocentric, control vengeful maniac... Nice god you've got there.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Tyrantt

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:44:38 PM

One of the main conclusions on the OP is that the burden of showing evidence is on the believers side.

Your belief is a matter of FACT? No my friend, I found the counter-example to your claim that "the brain creates conscience" and you are afraid to touch it.

According to Lorber:
"Of course these results are dramatic, but they're not overdramatic.  One would not make the claim if one did not have the evidence."

The burden of proof about any other life but this one is on you. Taking in account the evidences, my statement that this life is the only one we have seems pretty obvious.

So according to qwik2learn, I can claim that unicorns exists even tho there aren't any evidences but actually I don't need evidences to claim that... Why's that stupid logic only applied to god and nothing else?

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:47:34 PM

Any comment is welcome.

Cool

so, the god ain't all that loving and all that powerful since he can't stop the evil from the beginning.. and by killing the ones who think the opposite of him, he's not allowing the freedom that much, so worship him or die.. boy that sound like some jealous, egocentric god.. So why didn't he kill Stalin,Hitler and all other dictators, mass murderers that killed innocent people, Hitler killed those very same jews, yet we didn't see him doing anything... so in all, your god is an egocentric, control vengeful maniac... Nice god you've got there.

When you have done everything, made everything, thought every thought, for an eternity, life might get boring. God doesn't let that even start to happen for Himself. He is dynamic. That's why He has set things in place that "test" (for lack of a word that fits the Almighty) even His greatness.

That's okay if you don't understand the hows and whys of God. Nobody really does. Simply follow His rules, be on His side, and gain eternal life in joy and glory. Or don't. Your choice... for you.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

According to Lorber:

So according to qwik2learn, I can claim that unicorns exists even tho there aren't any evidences but actually I don't need evidences to claim that... Why's that stupid logic only applied to god and nothing else?

Didn't you even read what you bolded, above? One would NOT make the claim if one did NOT have the evidences. All you are doing is stating that you are a liar when making claims without even any evidence.

Cool

Tyrantt

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:02:41 PM

According to Lorber:

Didn't you even read what you bolded, above? One would NOT make the claim if one did NOT have the evidences. All you are doing is stating that you are a liar when making claims without even any evidence.

Cool

Well that's my bad, I've misunderstood that and I apologize.

But
All you are doing is stating that you are a liar when making claims without even any evidence.
can be applied to a lot of what religios people proclaim as an act of god or the existance of god himself. There is no evidence that any god exists, unleast not so far, maybe some god decides to show himself.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:10:54 AM

According to Lorber:

Cool

Well that's my bad, I've misunderstood that and I apologize.

But
All you are doing is stating that you are a liar when making claims without even any evidence.
can be applied to a lot of what religios people proclaim as an act of god or the existance of god himself. There is no evidence that any god exists, unleast not so far, maybe some god decides to show himself.

I'm not picking on you. I make my mistakes in the things I believe. So, that little mistake of yours isn't that important.

The thing that is important is that we don't have any science the shows pure random to exist anywhere. Yet the opposite of pure random, cause and effect, exists in everything that we have knowledge of. Cause and effect, like programming, brings everything into existence. Everything is programmed. Programming needs a programmer. Complex programming like we are, nature is, and the universe is, simply doesn't exist out of nothing without the impetus of something else causing it to exist.

Our word "God" by definition fits what the programmer must be.

Cool

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:33:47 AM

I understand what you're trying to say with programming/machine like posts around the forum
However, what I do not understand how you can tie a specific religion with this kind of thinking

If you believe there is a maker because of the things you've written here
How do you believe there is someone who has anything to do with the bible, who would actually care what a puny human does on this small rock in the universe?

I can grasp this concept of a deity, but tieing it to one of the mainstream religions.. That.. I cannot do.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:35:01 AM

Because you're an idiot?

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

The only part that's fun about gambling is when you win. Other than that, people might say the challenge is interesting, and most people enjoy the challenge, but the name of the game is win.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:54:58 AM

I understand what you're trying to say with programming/machine like posts around the forum
However, what I do not understand how you can tie a specific religion with this kind of thinking

How do you believe there is someone who has anything to do with the bible, who would actually care what a puny human does on this small rock in the universe?

I can grasp this concept of a deity, but tieing it to one of the mainstream religions.. That.. I cannot do.

The first step is to ask yourself how much you can understand about somebody who is trillions of times smarter than we are. Would we know... would we even have a hint... of what his goals and orientations and intentions are?

Once you are open to the idea that we don't naturally know much about God, then you can look around you to see that life has some good. Because of the good, it could be surmised that God is trying to do good by us, for whatever reasons He might have.

A step further along might include looking for methods that God might use to talk to us. After all, people of the whole world have formed many religions. And even atheism has qualities of religion enough so that it can be called a religion. What method would God use to talk to people? And why wouldn't He simply step out and tell all of us directly?

The various religions in the world have strength. Which of them goes way out, above and beyond in its strength?

It takes investigation. It isn't easy. But we in the modern world have the "luck" of being able to check the religions out in ways never done in past times.

It is important. When you have a Being that is trillions of times smarter than we are, and a universe that is possibly infinite, we might not even know it if the Being were collapsing the universe, and were holding our His hand through a religion to save some of us... in a way that made perfect sense, even though we don't understand it because of our weakness in being able to think.

Time to study the major religions, looking for one that is way ahead of the rest in some ways.

Cool

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:29:54 AM

The first step is to ask yourself how much you can understand about somebody who is trillions of times smarter than we are. Would we know... would we even have a hint... of what his goals and orientations and intentions are?

Once you are open to the idea that we don't naturally know much about God, then you can look around you to see that life has some good. Because of the good, it could be surmised that God is trying to do good by us, for whatever reasons He might have.

A step further along might include looking for methods that God might use to talk to us. After all, people of the whole world have formed many religions. And even atheism has qualities of religion enough so that it can be called a religion. What method would God use to talk to people? And why wouldn't He simply step out and tell all of us directly?

The various religions in the world have strength. Which of them goes way out, above and beyond in its strength?

It takes investigation. It isn't easy. But we in the modern world have the "luck" of being able to check the religions out in ways never done in past times.

It is important. When you have a Being that is trillions of times smarter than we are, and a universe that is possibly infinite, we might not even know it if the Being were collapsing the universe, and were holding our His hand through a religion to save some of us... in a way that made perfect sense, even though we don't understand it because of our weakness in being able to think.

Time to study the major religions, looking for one that is way ahead of the rest in some ways.

Cool

Please ask yourself that question (bold), and tell me how you can tie this deity to Christianity?

Let's say Christianity is most 'ahead' today, whatever the hell that means

Will all people born before Christ burn in hell because of animism and different gods we believed in before Christianity spread?

Looking for a signature campaign.
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:31:19 AM

Because you're an idiot?

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

LewL

Grin

Maybe he's the smart one and you're the idiot.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:35:06 AM

Cool

Please ask yourself that question (bold), and tell me how you can tie this deity to Christianity?

Will all people born before Christ burn in hell because of animism and different gods we believed in before Christianity spread?

Your thinking seems to be based on lack of knowledge. "Christ" is the way we say the Greek word for the Jewish word "Messiah." The Christ was essentially around from before time began... with God, as God. That I am aware, there is no word "Messiahian," or some similar form.

The point is, there was no time before Christianity.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 03:51:16 AM

Cool

Your thinking seems to be based on lack of knowledge. "Christ" is the way we say the Greek word for the Jewish word "Messiah." The Christ was essentially around from before time began... with God, as God. That I am aware, there is no word "Messiahian," or some similar form.

The point is, there was no time before Christianity.

Cool

People believed many Gods before Christianity.  When they died they will go to hell according to the Christian Bible.  They did not accept Christ as their Savior.

stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:14:34 AM

I like the way BADecker has posted in a topic which is called "Why I am an Atheist".

He loves to try and fight the fact he is not an Atheist by trolling others, when in fact he is no different to the rest of us and does not believe in any God.

Well played Sir.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:43:58 PM

I like the way BADecker has posted in a topic which is called "Why I am an Atheist".

He loves to try and fight the fact he is not an Atheist by trolling others, when in fact he is no different to the rest of us and does not believe in any God.

Well played Sir.

Thank you.

But you are missing one little point. In the same way that neither I, nor you, nor anyone else can make a human body and life... in that same way, nobody can believe in God without God strength holding him in that faith.

Because of this, I declare to you that I am weaker than you. Why? I don't have enough strength to fight God, and think that I am an atheist like you can. I am too weak. God is stronger in me than I am. I can't resist Him. But (unfortunately for you) you still have strength to fight God-faith.

However, this is talking about faith... faith which has to do with what God tells us, both in words, and directly through our spirits. Knowledge that God exists is undeniable, except by the ignorant, the unthinking, and by liars. You can see why, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Cool

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:06:31 PM

Cool

Maybe he tricked you?

Even if we indulge your pseudo-intellectual arguments about the "scientific proof of god", they don't point to any specific religion - just a creator of life. There is nothing to suggest a Christian god is any more likely than say, the Hindu gods or the Egyptian gods.

Even if your "proofs of god" were valid (they're not by the way), they don't tell us which is the real god. You made that up by yourself, by reading the Bible a lot. A muslim would do the same, by reading the Quran a lot, maybe I read the Egyptian book of the Dead every night and think those gods are better...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: