Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589774 times)
NCarter84

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 04:55:50 PM

I don't think it yields twice the result though.

Agreed ... my assumption was based on their history of enhancements / speed updates and certain magical switches - since their Initial release.

I’m kind of “end-user” who believes with the right tools / skills nothing is impossible!
I am a little bit more acquainted in GPU programming so you can believe me that they don't have faster version than you have. Your suggestions are just a result of deep
misunderstanding of basic principles in computer technologies and programming like the memory throughput of GPU and how much memory (this is 8K bytes) is read to calculate one hash. Competition is a basic market principle that makes the customer gets the best quality for the lowest price. Otherwise your competitor will get your customers.

As my profile states, I am very newbie on this side - so for now - agreed and hope the next mining software will be announced by yourself.

As for competition discussion, I am actually a lot more acquainted in human nature who loves things with a shiny sticker that reads: FREE!

So, no matter how low CM and or any other mining software developer - including your upcoming software ask for, there will be always a huge percentage of us in this very forum complaining “how dare you ....” and ask for links to their FREE version - because humans are entitled to everything-free and or open-sourced so I can easily replace your wallet address with my own!
Sorry to disappoint you, there won't be next mining software from me. Can't beat Phoenix's kernels in speed and power consumption. Just wanted to assure you that you already have the best possible mining software in the universe (and other possible multi-universes) without any hidden magic tricks that the developers keep for themselves.

I was kidding ... but if you ever change your mind, you can count on my QA skills! Smiley

Claymore and PM both have hidden tricks to make you think you are getting the best possible hashrate - They both bump their hashrate by 1-3%.
Wink

Try TeamRedMiner Ethash for a real hashrate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bategojko74

Activity: 220
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:19:40 PM

Agreed ... my assumption was based on their history of enhancements / speed updates and certain magical switches - since their Initial release.

I’m kind of “end-user” who believes with the right tools / skills nothing is impossible!
I am a little bit more acquainted in GPU programming so you can believe me that they don't have faster version than you have. Your suggestions are just a result of deep
misunderstanding of basic principles in computer technologies and programming like the memory throughput of GPU and how much memory (this is 8K bytes) is read to calculate one hash. Competition is a basic market principle that makes the customer gets the best quality for the lowest price. Otherwise your competitor will get your customers.

As my profile states, I am very newbie on this side - so for now - agreed and hope the next mining software will be announced by yourself.

As for competition discussion, I am actually a lot more acquainted in human nature who loves things with a shiny sticker that reads: FREE!

So, no matter how low CM and or any other mining software developer - including your upcoming software ask for, there will be always a huge percentage of us in this very forum complaining “how dare you ....” and ask for links to their FREE version - because humans are entitled to everything-free and or open-sourced so I can easily replace your wallet address with my own!
Sorry to disappoint you, there won't be next mining software from me. Can't beat Phoenix's kernels in speed and power consumption. Just wanted to assure you that you already have the best possible mining software in the universe (and other possible multi-universes) without any hidden magic tricks that the developers keep for themselves.

I was kidding ... but if you ever change your mind, you can count on my QA skills! Smiley

Claymore and PM both have hidden tricks to make you think you are getting the best possible hashrate - They both bump their hashrate by 1-3%.
Wink

They may bump the value that they show but they are giving you the maximum theoretically and practically possible hashrate. I can bat you $1000000 USD on this.
NCarter84

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:32:15 PM

Wink

They may bump the value that they show but they are giving you the maximum theoretically and practically possible hashrate. I can bat you $1000000 USD on this.
At the start, they did it to "be faster" than the other.... But, its painfully obvious... its not the real hashrate.

And, so be it... if its the max available type deal, great... note it... don't continue to display it.
bategojko74

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 08:13:53 PM

Wink

At the start, they did it to "be faster" than the other.... But, its painfully obvious... its not the real hashrate.

And, so be it... if its the max available type deal, great... note it... don't continue to display it.
You don't have the max available deal, you have the totally absolutely max profitable hashrate deal  forever which couldn't be improved even if the Jesus get's back from heaven, learns to program and makes his own ETH miner.
saration

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 10:29:29 AM

Hello,

I have an problem on my win 10 with AMD RX580, also i use the computer for normal use, internet chrome, mail ...

Before everything was perfect around 28-30 Mh but now when i boot the windows i'm good, but after some time with chrome and thunderbird open the rate go down to 8 mh,
even closing all soft don't change anything, i have to reboot the computer to get back the normal rate.

I use claymore 15 and the last AMD driver with the compute mode on.

Does anyone have eard about this ?
Turn off the hardware acceleration of chrome:
https://www.lifewire.com/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-4125122

I have done that, then reboot windows, everything was good, but this morning i'm at 17 mh.

I think like windows use the card for something then this make the rate going down ?
bategojko74

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 10:36:42 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Hello,

I have an problem on my win 10 with AMD RX580, also i use the computer for normal use, internet chrome, mail ...

Before everything was perfect around 28-30 Mh but now when i boot the windows i'm good, but after some time with chrome and thunderbird open the rate go down to 8 mh,
even closing all soft don't change anything, i have to reboot the computer to get back the normal rate.

I use claymore 15 and the last AMD driver with the compute mode on.

Does anyone have eard about this ?
Turn off the hardware acceleration of chrome:
https://www.lifewire.com/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-4125122

I have done that, then reboot windows, everything was good, but this morning i'm at 17 mh.

I think like windows use the card for something then this make the rate going down ?
If you don't have integrated video buy some cheap card and set it as default:
https://pureinfotech.com/set-gpu-app-windows-10/
031croat

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 08:49:34 PM

lol someone is stealing my hash rate. on two rigs gpu 1 have a same hash rate of 1mh/s
Either is claymore or windows.
bluspirit

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 09:18:01 PM

lol someone is stealing my hash rate. on two rigs gpu 1 have a same hash rate of 1mh/s

I guess they are 4GB GPUs, if so read a few pages back
031croat

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 10:20:58 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2020, 10:47:34 PM by 031croat

Yes, you are right. I see, 4gb cards are outdated.
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 03:47:21 AM

Most popular pools do not even acknowledge TRM ... due to its instability as well as outrages fees - unless there’ no other miner available.

As for ETH and its lower dev fees compare to others - well ... due to its closed source, I don’t trust them!!
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:04:44 AM

Yes, you are right. I see, 4gb cards are outdated.

You can try and set your -eres 1 and see if it makes a difference but the issue is that the GPU0 (basically the GPU in the main x16 pci 3.0 slot) loads more of the windows resources into the GDDR. Hence its on the brink of completely maxing out its capacity. Hence why your other GPUs are working.

If you have any GPUs that are >4GB then put those in the main GPU0 slot and each of your GPUs which are 4GB should still mine temporarily. However your time is limited, you can try Windows 7 or Linux and buy you more time.

However eventually you just gotta upgrade to the 8GB models to get around this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Manic__Miner

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 05:00:40 PM

Hi,

I restarted my 6 x 1070 NVIDIA rig after more than 12 months inactive, it was working fine last I used it.  Found I was getting DAG errors and quickly realised my 10.2 version of Claymore needed updating due to DAG limit.  Did this (to V15) and then got CUDA allocation errors which I resolved by extending virtual memory.
Claymore is now mining ethereum but only at stock card settings, it is ignoring the overclock settings I have in Afterburner.
I noticed that Claymore now has some sort of "strap" setting overclocking but I presumed if I didnt use this my Afterburner settings would take precedence, is this true?
I dont really want to change from using Afterburner as I previously spent a lot of time optimising each card in Afterburner.
Shafay

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 02:00:27 PM

I am planning to use this on Antminer E3 from Bitmain. Wanted to know if the current release is compatible? If anyone is using E3 with the latest version, please let me know.  Smiley

Head to # for the latest updates on Tech, Motherboards, and PC Gaming.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 05:39:15 AM
Merited by xandry (1)

I am planning to use this on Antminer E3 from Bitmain. Wanted to know if the current release is compatible? If anyone is using E3 with the latest version, please let me know.  Smiley

E3 is an ASIC, you can't use the Claymore miner with it. It already has the miner software included in the firmware. Claymore is only for Windows and Linux users. Even though E3 operating system is unix, it still won't work because its an ASIC and not a GPU.

If you get an E3 , you will need to flash the firmware first because they no longer can mine ETH due to the high DAG. If you flash it you can get a few more months out of it and then once it gets closer to the 4GB limit, you will be out of luck.

So if its cheap enough, get it. However keep in mind that its days are numbered for mining ETH.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 08:27:06 AM

You made my day  Cheesy Cheesy
cas333

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 05:14:53 AM

Please guys,help me undervolt vram on my RX 5700. I can not find the way of doing it! Maintaining high temps about 92-94
ivanpop

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 03:20:02 PM

I can't run Claymore miner. I downloaded a fresh copy of Claymore v15.0, I copied my batch file, but when I run it it just closes. I tried running EthDcr....exe directly and it's the same. Running as an administrator also doesn't help. It's not Windows Defender. It's disabled from a group policy. I tried enabling it and adding Claymore to the exceptions, but it's the same. When I try to run EthDcr...exe from command prompt it just goes to a new line
https://i.postimg.cc/vZMjN6jt/1.jpg
abg00

Activity: 288
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 05:39:56 PM

I can't run Claymore miner. I downloaded a fresh copy of Claymore v15.0, I copied my batch file, but when I run it it just closes. I tried running EthDcr....exe directly and it's the same. Running as an administrator also doesn't help. It's not Windows Defender. It's disabled from a group policy. I tried enabling it and adding Claymore to the exceptions, but it's the same. When I try to run EthDcr...exe from command prompt it just goes to a new line

unpack program again
Light2808

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 06:23:23 AM

Hello. How to fix GPU0 problem on RX500s rigs 4Gb?
GPU0 - 0-1Mx
https://i.ibb.co/GsSMNS3/image.png
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5583

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 06:33:57 AM

GPU0's fan isn't moving, have you considered a hardware issue? Check the rig.
Even if it's not hashing, it should spin at minimum speed except if the model is designed to spin at certain temp.
(it's at the same temp rage as the others)

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: