Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:47:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589788 times)
Bathmat

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:01:59 AM

What else do you expect from him, to start walking on water like Jesus did?

I've removed the "-openclLocalWork 64" completely and I'm averaging 52 instead of 49.5 with ZERO errors or incorrect shares. PhoenixMiner says that the new kernel is included in the latest version. IF the developers coordinate and assist each other instead of competing against each other more can be accomplished. Granted I don't know if they do share tips with each other. Anyway, I still prefer Claymore... but so far Phoenix yields better results after this update. Not sure how he did it but it is an improvement nonetheless. I hope he can figure something out (and I'm sure he will) because I prefer Claymore.

Well, the faster he can make his miner, the more dev fee he will collect. So yeah, I think optimizing the kernel would be worth it to him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 03:57:26 AM

I've removed the "-openclLocalWork 64" completely and I'm averaging 52 instead of 49.5 with ZERO errors or incorrect shares. PhoenixMiner says that the new kernel is included in the latest version. IF the developers coordinate and assist each other instead of competing against each other more can be accomplished. Granted I don't know if they do share tips with each other. Anyway, I still prefer Claymore... but so far Phoenix yields better results after this update. Not sure how he did it but it is an improvement nonetheless. I hope he can figure something out (and I'm sure he will) because I prefer Claymore.

Well, the faster he can make his miner, the more dev fee he will collect. So yeah, I think optimizing the kernel would be worth it to him.

I hope so.

So... I let this run for exactly 5 hours and 19 minutes.
Three XFX 5700 XT cards.
Accepted 318, Rejected 0, HW Errors 0
Averaging 52 MH/s for 156 MH/s combined and 277w combined (92w - 94w each)

This is my setting for PhoenixMiner:
-tt 58 -cvddc 750 -cclock 1300 -fanmin 0 -mclock 900 -amd -mode 1 -clKernel 1 -clNew 1

You have to admit that these are very solid, stable and promising. Results of 52MH/s for 92w is 0.56MH/s per watt seems pretty efficient. Ideally I'd love to have a 500+MH/s Ethereum mining rig on a 1,000w PSU and I believe that it's achievable with these cards.
bategojko74

Activity: 220
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:38:53 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2019, 11:57:07 AM by bategojko74

So you have a 5% speed gain, but losing 5% to incorrect shares.... seems like a wash to me. Until the kernels are written for that worksize (if it's even possible), seems like using the default settings is the best way to go.

You mean a 10% gain?
50MH/s increased to 55MH/s is 10%. But I get your point.

Yeah, sure. I tried all the settings you just did, and every time, the % gain was almost exactly offset by % invalid shares. However, I did not run very long tests, so it could be possible that pool-side effective hashrate might go up even with the incorrect shares, but I doubt it.

All of my incorrect shares were from the same GPU (I have three) so it's possible that it's just my XFX GPU since it's also the GPU that won't let me clock past 900Mhz without the watchdog error. Thinking of returning it.

But from 49.5 to 57 seems like an improvement to me. Once Claymore releases some Navi kernels for his software then we'll be in business for sure.
Claymore has already released his version with Navi support. Quoting Claymore:
-----------------------------------------------------
v15.0:

- now miner supports up to #384 epoch (4GB DAG size). Note that previous versions support up to #299 epoch, you will not be able to use old versions after #299 epoch.
- added support for Navi cards (ETH-only mode).
- now miner sets environment variables automatically (required for 4GB AMD cards).
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

PS. AMD still has no public Navi drivers with DAG-fix, so currently 5700XT shows a very bad hashrate. But AMD already solved this issue and they promise to release public drivers soon...

Why do you prefer Claymore? It is slower than PM on any GPU. It takes twice more devfee. Consumes less or equal power. What is more important than these three facts? Your emotional affection? Are you a female?
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:00:49 PM

I try to send API call to claymore to disable all GPU but nothing happens, I set  -mpsw xxx, and I try with telnet:

{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0", "psw":"xxx", "method":"control_gpu", "params":[-1, 0]}

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Binary100100

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:20:07 PM

So you have a 5% speed gain, but losing 5% to incorrect shares.... seems like a wash to me. Until the kernels are written for that worksize (if it's even possible), seems like using the default settings is the best way to go.

You mean a 10% gain?

Yeah, sure. I tried all the settings you just did, and every time, the % gain was almost exactly offset by % invalid shares. However, I did not run very long tests, so it could be possible that pool-side effective hashrate might go up even with the incorrect shares, but I doubt it.

All of my incorrect shares were from the same GPU (I have three) so it's possible that it's just my XFX GPU since it's also the GPU that won't let me clock past 900Mhz without the watchdog error. Thinking of returning it.

But from 49.5 to 57 seems like an improvement to me. Once Claymore releases some Navi kernels for his software then we'll be in business for sure.
v15.0:

- now miner supports up to #384 epoch (4GB DAG size). Note that previous versions support up to #299 epoch, you will not be able to use old versions after #299 epoch.
- now miner sets environment variables automatically (required for 4GB AMD cards).

PS. AMD still has no public Navi drivers with DAG-fix, so currently 5700XT shows a very bad hashrate. But AMD already solved this issue and they promise to release public drivers soon...

Why do you prefer Claymore? It is slower than PM on any GPU. It takes twice more devfee. Consumes less or equal power. What is more important than these three facts? Your emotional affection? Are you a female?

WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER AND WHAT IS IT TO YOU???
Mind your own business. If I like Coke over Pepsi, I'll drink Coke. If I like mustard on my hot dog, I'll take mustard on it. Last I knew I needn't explain my preferences or loyalty.
I don't give a shit who or what you like, do I?
What does my GENDER have to do with anything? Are you wanting to fucking ask me out? Will you try to date rape me or some shit? Fuck off!
Binary100100

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:51:02 PM

You mean a 10% gain?

v15.0:

Mind your own business. If I like Coke over Pepsi, I'll drink Coke. If I like mustard on my hot dog, I'll take mustard on it. Last I knew I needn't explain my preferences or loyalty.
What does my GENDER have to do with anything? Are you wanting to fucking ask me out? Will you try to date rape me or some shit? Fuck off!

This loss of control obviously shows what your gender is. Don't worry! I date only normal female.

You don't know shit. Mind your own business and stay on topic.
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 08:51:38 AM

You mean a 10% gain?

v15.0:

This loss of control obviously shows what your gender is. Don't worry! I date only normal female.

But he right about PM. And here is only positives - less fee, faster speed, equal or less power with him...
Binary100100

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 03:25:08 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 04:03:34 PM by Binary100100

You mean a 10% gain?

v15.0:

But he right about PM. And here is only positives - less fee, faster speed, equal or less power with him...

Regardless of the opinion, THIS thread is about Claymore and HIS development. Not PM. If you were to open a thread sharing work that you've dedicated several hours to (and profiting from for those hours) just for someone to post reason(s) not to support him and to support someone else's work, would that be appropriate? On top of that express an inappropriate, rude and sexist attitude toward another member? Sure, I posted the original statement about PM software being updated. Obviously, that wasn't the best idea since now it put this douchwad on my ignore list (because he is clearly out of line) but I shared that information to spur development on Claymore and to INFORM other members of the advancement. At no point was my intention to ever persuade or coerce anyone to switch to PhoenixMiner. He on the other hand appears to be doing exactly that... in Claymore's thread. Which is definitely inappropriate. If he is such a PM supporter then what the hell is he doing posting in this thread? The sexist comments that he was posting was not only off topic but also libel. He doesn't know shit about me or anyone else on here, no less to even assume what a "normal female" is. His comments were definitely inappropriate, sexist, libel, rude, inappropriate and definitely off topic. Such are nothing but counterproductive.
bategojko74

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

You mean a 10% gain?

v15.0:

Regardless of the opinion, THIS thread is about Claymore and HIS development. Not PM. If you were to open a thread sharing work that you've dedicated several hours to (and profiting from for those hours) just for someone to post reason(s) not to support him and to support someone else's work, would that be appropriate? On top of that express an inappropriate, rude and sexist attitude toward another member? Sure, I posted the original statement about PM software being updated. Obviously, that wasn't the best idea since now it put this douchwad on my ignore list (because he is clearly out of line) but I shared that information to spur development on Claymore and to INFORM other members of the advancement. At no point was my intention to ever persuade or coerce anyone to switch to PhoenixMiner. He on the other hand appears to be doing exactly that... in Claymore's thread. Which is definitely inappropriate. If he is such a PM supporter then what the hell is he doing posting in this thread? The sexist comments that he was posting was not only off topic but also libel. He doesn't know shit about me or anyone else on here, no less to even assume what a "normal female" is. His comments were definitely inappropriate, sexist, libel, rude, inappropriate and definitely off topic. Such are nothing but counterproductive.
Sorry, i didn' want to be rude.
zeef

Activity: 296
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 11:34:27 PM

Hi,

Is this miner still maintained? Where can i see the changelog?  Cool
larryhg

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 12:01:07 AM

Need Help for strap
My rig has 3 GTX 1070 and 3 DTX 1060.

I am using 1@4600 for GTX 1070 to get an extra 7% of hash rate.

-strap 1@4600, 1@4600,1@4600,1,1,1

but sometime the 1070  would have an unknown error, causing the GPU out of line and miner would restart its own. Also one of 1060 is going to run at 4600 and causing 1060 has error and the miner keeping crash.

Someone has a solution for this. If the strap option can apply to PCI bus could solve this issue.

Thanks a lot

Larry
jpmonster

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 07:58:40 AM

I have 8 x GTX 1050 Ti 4GB on Windows 10.
This morning they stopped with DAG creation error.
Any idea how to resolve this, the DAG is only 3.3GB I believe
My Virtual Memory is more than enough to cover all of my cards in the rig.
jpmonster

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 09:52:13 AM

I already have these set:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Has any one go this to work with a 4GB GTX 1050 ti recently
bategojko74

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 09:58:20 AM

Check with gpu-z how match gpu memory is used from windows before starting the miner.
jpmonster

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:52:59 AM

Check with gpu-z how match gpu memory is used from windows before starting the miner.

GPU-z says 77MB used
dortortz

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 05:46:54 PM

I'm having the same issue today out of nowhere with all 5 of my 1050ti. Cannot write DAG. I've tried many things:
Updated driver, no go
Downgraded driver, no go
-eres 0, no go
increase page file size to 40gb, no go

please, we need help, our 1050ti's are dying lol
zeef

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 07:05:50 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2019, 08:18:41 PM by zeef

Hi guys,

Im an monero guy, and today i tested this miner. Because with ramdomx monero mining will be not profitable, im testing ETH.  Cool

I got one rig with vega 64, i can reach 51+ Mh/S on ethereum with strap 5 with no problems. Smiley  In monero it consume 195x watts for 8 gpus. With ETH the consume is 22xx watts. Smiley What an increase hehe

In other rig I got 8 mixed rx 580 with bios mod and one vega 56.  They handle 29-31,5 Mh/S. 29- 4gb elpida and 31,5 on 8gb samsung. When i use straps in this moded gpus i got no increase, sometimes an decrease. Maybe is normal, because they are biosmoded. ?

I got one vega 56 and got  43x Mh/S with strap 2-4. Smiley

I´m using overdriventool xmr settings, and doned some test that show i can lower a lot my gpu core with no impact in hashing performance. Will test this better when i merge to ETH. But i can lower core to something like 1000 mhz with no decrease in performance:

https://ibb.co/zrwTzXp

Strange or maybe the algo is not gpu core sensitive like xmr.

Anyone had passed for this too?  Cool Roll Eyes Smiley

Thnks  Wink
larryhg

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 07:23:42 PM

Hi guys,

Im an monero guy, and today i tested this miner. Because with ramdomx monero mining will be not profitable, im testing ETH.  Cool

I got one rig with vega 64, i can reach 51+ Mh/S on ethereum with strap 5 with no problems. Smiley  In monero i consume 195x watts for 8 gpus. With eth the consume is 22xx watts. Smiley What an increase hehe

In other rig I got 8 mixed rx 580 with bios mod and one vega 56.  They handle 29-31,5 Mh/S. 29- 4gb elpida and 31,5 on 8gb samsung. When i use straps in this moded gpus i got no increase, sometimes an decrease. Maybe is normal, because they are biosmoded. ?

Im using overdriventool xmr settings, and doned some test that show i can lower a lot my gpu core with no impact in hashing performance. Will test this when i merge to ETH.

Anyone had passed for this too?  Cool Roll Eyes Smiley

Thnks  Wink

try rxboost option, get you extra 1 MH
zeef

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 08:07:40 PM

Hi guys,

I got one rig with vega 64, i can reach 51+ Mh/S on ethereum with strap 5 with no problems. Smiley  In monero i consume 195x watts for 8 gpus. With eth the consume is 22xx watts. Smiley What an increase hehe

Im using overdriventool xmr settings, and doned some test that show i can lower a lot my gpu core with no impact in hashing performance. Will test this when i merge to ETH.

Anyone had passed for this too?  Cool Roll Eyes Smiley

Thnks  Wink

try rxboost option, get you extra 1 MH

Its on Smiley
Yaboi984

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 08:22:17 PM

Hi,

Need to help here to make sure Claymore isn't killing my GPUs.

I'm getting this error message:

NVIDIA NVML library not found, temperature monitoring for NVIDIA GPUs disabled.
Driver is not installed! Trying to install it...
Driver is in use, try to start miner with "-driver uninstall" parameter.

Basically I want to be able to control the temp and make sure I'm not running my rig at full blast, so can anyone help with setting up the NVML.dll so Claymore will recognize it. Apparently NVIDIA doesn't install with the driver installation from what I've read.
Pages: « 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: