Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:19:52 PM

I am presently only paper trading on two machines.  One machine is a laptop and the other is a PC.  The load is pretty high on the laptop so I don't think I will keep running it there.  I have seen resource contention and some issues where the bots all seem to busy at the same time.  At that point CPU utilization has been high.  I setup a second machine where it does some gpu mining in the background and Leonardo with a bunch of bots, and again I do see a fairly high CPU use as it cycles the refresh on the bots.  The more bots the worse it gets.  I used to CPU mine on this machine also, but that caused Leonardo to crash if I tried to run Leonardo and the cpuminer at the same time.  The cpuminer is set to only use half the cores but apparently this is enough to interfere with Leonardo and cause some crashes.  It is more stable now that I stopped cpu mining that machine, but still has crashed a couple of times.   

So I do think this could benefit if it has the ability to scale to more cores and threads.  Since we now hear rumblings from Intel about more cores and threads coming it can't hurt to start looking at leveraging this new hardware.  And one observation is that the coins still show the open buy or sell order when bringing Leonardo back up after a restart/crash, but the bot it no longer running for any of those positions.  I don't know if that is just a quirk of paper trading with this miner or if that is what is expected.  YMMV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:18:04 PM

I am presently only paper trading on two machines.  One machine is a laptop and the other is a PC.  The load is pretty high on the laptop so I don't think I will keep running it there.  I have seen resource contention and some issues where the bots all seem to busy at the same time.  At that point CPU utilization has been high.  I setup a second machine where it does some gpu mining in the background and Leonardo with a bunch of bots, and again I do see a fairly high CPU use as it cycles the refresh on the bots.  The more bots the worse it gets.  I used to CPU mine on this machine also, but that caused Leonardo to crash if I tried to run Leonardo and the cpuminer at the same time.  The cpuminer is set to only use half the cores but apparently this is enough to interfere with Leonardo and cause some crashes.  It is more stable now that I stopped cpu mining that machine, but still has crashed a couple of times.   

So I do think this could benefit if it has the ability to scale to more cores and threads.  Since we now hear rumblings from Intel about more cores and threads coming it can't hurt to start looking at leveraging this new hardware.  And one observation is that the coins still show the open buy or sell order when bringing Leonardo back up after a restart/crash, but the bot it no longer running for any of those positions.  I don't know if that is just a quirk of paper trading with this miner or if that is what is expected.  YMMV

Sounds like you are running it on a PC with a low-end CPU. It should be a quad core or at least an i5 with HT.
Like I said, on an old Quad-COre Q6600 it runs with 10-20 bots under 25% CPU utilization, and it only has 4GB of ram.

If you're concerned with CPU usage, why are you even running it on a Rig that you mine on??!

Go Big or Go Home.
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:40:23 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 09:56:09 AM by dan_and_shan

Just a general question,
I am having a few issues on Bitfinex, I can only assume the bot is trying to be too precise, is there a way to buy and sell just down to 1 decimal?  Eg. $1250.5
bot keeps stopping and this is the error that comes up in real time on the exchange " Invalid order price precision (5 sig figures limit)."

Price Precision
The precision level of all trading prices is calculated based on significant figures.

For all pairs on Bitfinex we use 5 significant digits. Examples of five significant digits would be 12.123, 1.1234, 123.43, and 1234.5.

This mimics how traditional global markets dynamically handle precision of small, medium, and larger values. The rationale behind this is that the higher the amount the less relevant the number of decimals becomes. The corollary is true for very small amounts, where more precision is more useful.

Note: API will truncate price with precision > 5

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 11:48:08 AM

Just a general question,
I am having a few issues on Bitfinex, I can only assume the bot is trying to be too precise, is there a way to buy and sell just down to 1 decimal?  Eg. $1250.5
bot keeps stopping and this is the error that comes up in real time on the exchange " Invalid order price precision (5 sig figures limit)."

Price Precision
The precision level of all trading prices is calculated based on significant figures.

For all pairs on Bitfinex we use 5 significant digits. Examples of five significant digits would be 12.123, 1.1234, 123.43, and 1234.5.

This mimics how traditional global markets dynamically handle precision of small, medium, and larger values. The rationale behind this is that the higher the amount the less relevant the number of decimals becomes. The corollary is true for very small amounts, where more precision is more useful.

Note: API will truncate price with precision > 5

Hi Dan,

We saw that there was an issue there in their API as far as I remember. I'll look into it and get back to you soon.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:58:04 PM

Sounds like you are running it on a PC with a low-end CPU. It should be a quad core or at least an i5 with HT.
Like I said, on an old Quad-COre Q6600 it runs with 10-20 bots under 25% CPU utilization, and it only has 4GB of ram.

If you're concerned with CPU usage, why are you even running it on a Rig that you mine on??!

Haswell and Skylake i5's in both machines.  Everything around here has multiple jobs.  The Haswell is the laptop, but that really is only a 2 core cpu.  So that isn't cutting it.  So 4 cores really is the minimum. 

Please don't mistake what I am saying for complaining.  I simply asked if the new CPU's are going to be supported. This is not a critique of Leonardo.  I can see that if I were to use this and begin trading with my own money I will use a dedicated machine that does nothing but trading.   

As it stands right now I am still in the stage of trying to figure out if I can make money with it.   So I was not going to dedicate an entire machine at this point until I can figure out how to make this work for me.  I am building some new machines and I will dedicate one of those for trading.  Hence the question about supporting the new CPU's.   
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:55:20 PM

No ill intended, so no worries, just trying to help. I'm in IT/tech so have literally any and everything to play with and know the hardware in and out.

If your Skylake or Haswell i5's are showing extra high cpu usage, it is a system issue, or you are running too many bots on the exchange.
(I ran it briefly on my new laptop (Kaby Lake i5-7200u) and it ran nice and fast with 30% CPU usage under leonardo using 17 bots), so even with a
low-voltage dual core it runs fine.)

CPU scaling to new tech should not matter at all if it runs as well as it does on 10 year old tech. I tested it on some spare junk I had lying around (Ie Intel C2Duo and C2Quad systems) and found no need to dedicate a higher-end system for it. I might try it if I feel bored. I'll probably buy a second license for Leonardo with it as it has paid for itself after a few day's of trading (and it's been almost 4 now).  Wink

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:11:04 PM

Id like to know if it works on a ubuntu 16.10 desktop version?

Yes, it works on Ubuntu!!

leomedina01

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:20:02 AM

Hello,

can u pls calrify me somethings?

For the "Static Ping Pong" strategy, what's the stop loss policy for it (if there's one)? I mean if I'm having loss with a buy order how can I stop this loss and close my position (sell) automatically? Is there anywhere I can set this?

The same qustion applies to "Margin Maker". I'm using the demo version, and I was in loss, but no stop loss was applied to my buy order. How can I fix this? Also can u pls explain me better how this "Margin Maker" strategy works? what's buy/sell margin, and "min efferctive gain" option? What's the stop loss policy for it? what's take profit policy? I could see it adapts the "limit sell" order automatically sometimes. so how does it really work?

Thnx.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 09:20:46 AM

Hello,

For the "Static Ping Pong" strategy, what's the stop loss policy for it (if there's one)? I mean if I'm having loss with a buy order how can I stop this loss and close my position (sell) automatically? Is there anywhere I can set this?

The same qustion applies to "Margin Maker". I'm using the demo version, and I was in loss, but no stop loss was applied to my buy order. How can I fix this? Also can u pls explain me better how this "Margin Maker" strategy works? what's buy/sell margin, and "min efferctive gain" option? What's the stop loss policy for it? what's take profit policy? I could see it adapts the "limit sell" order automatically sometimes. so how does it really work?

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

Thanks for checking out leonArdo.

There is currently no stop loss functionality in the bot - we are adding it soon.

We do support stop loss and trailing stop on the bitfinex exchange as they provide for it in their API. But we realise we cannot rely on all exchanges to add this into their API and there will have to be a leonArdo specific solution.

The main difference between the static ping pong and mArgin maker bots is that the ping pong bot is static and the mArgin maker in dynamic. What that means is that with the ping pong bot you explicitly set a buy and sell price and that is all the bot does. If the course bounces between those pre-determined prices the bot will cycle through buy and sell orders. In contrast to this you don't set a buy and sell price for the mArgin maker bot, but rather you set a relative margin which adapts based on the history window - which continually adapts to what has happened. This means that it allows for prices to be dynamically chosen. There are other parameters you can set to ensure the bot behaves like you want it to such as: don’t sell below a certain price or ensure a min gain has been achieved.

The minimum effective gain allows you set the amount you want to make on each trade cycle. This is the amount after exchange fees have been subtracted. Setting a negative value allows the bot to make a loss in the hope that it can continue trading and make a gain. Otherwise, the bot would stop until the course came back to it.

The take profit mechanism has nothing to do with the mArgin maker bot, but rather it is a leonArdo margin trading feature. I discuss it in the margin trading video you can find here: http://www.marginsoftware.de/tutorial.html

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leomedina01

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:53:22 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 01:11:54 PM by leomedina01

Hello,

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

There is currently no stop loss functionality in the bot - we are adding it soon.

We do support stop loss and trailing stop on the bitfinex exchange as they provide for it in their API. But we realise we cannot rely on all exchanges to add this into their API and there will have to be a leonArdo specific solution.

The main difference between the static ping pong and mArgin maker bots is that the ping pong bot is static and the mArgin maker in dynamic. What that means is that with the ping pong bot you explicitly set a buy and sell price and that is all the bot does. If the course bounces between those pre-determined prices the bot will cycle through buy and sell orders. In contrast to this you don't set a buy and sell price for the mArgin maker bot, but rather you set a relative margin which adapts based on the history window - which continually adapts to what has happened. This means that it allows for prices to be dynamically chosen. There are other parameters you can set to ensure the bot behaves like you want it to such as: don’t sell below a certain price or ensure a min gain has been achieved.

The minimum effective gain allows you set the amount you want to make on each trade cycle. This is the amount after exchange fees have been subtracted. Setting a negative value allows the bot to make a loss in the hope that it can continue trading and make a gain. Otherwise, the bot would stop until the course came back to it.

The take profit mechanism has nothing to do with the mArgin maker bot, but rather it is a leonArdo margin trading feature. I discuss it in the margin trading video you can find here: http://www.marginsoftware.de/tutorial.html

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Ok. Thx for the prompt reply.

What I called of "take profit" is in fact the "limit sell" order the bot creates after a buy order is executed. I saw this "limit sell" order was not executed sometimes although the target price has been hit.

Like here: Why it didn't sell here > http://prntscr.com/ehfzo6 ?

You can see there's a "limit sell" order to 0.00009823, but price hit 0.00009994, but sell order was not executed

Another thing I noticed is for example selected timeframe is 3D, but candle displayed is for 1H timeframe > http://prntscr.com/ehglr6. Pls let me know if this is the correct behaviour.

Thanks.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 02:16:50 PM

Hello,

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

What I called of "take profit" is in fact the "limit sell" order the bot creates after a buy order is executed. I saw this "limit sell" order was not executed sometimes although the target price has been hit.

You can see there's a "limit sell" order to 0.00009823, but price hit 0.00009994, but sell order was not executed

Another thing I noticed is for example selected timeframe is 3D, but candle displayed is for 1H timeframe > http://prntscr.com/ehglr6. Pls let me know if this is the correct behaviour.

Thanks.

Hi leomedina01,

The demo market tries to emulate what would happen on the real market, but seems like here it misfired? Without the logs I couldn't tell you why, but my guess would be that you had a network out issue at the point the course went through your sell order and that's why it didn't execute.

If you were using the real version and that was a real limit order on the exchange it would have been filled.

As for the candles, I am not sure I understand. The buttons at the top of the chart show the time frame and this then determines the time frame of the individual candles. For example in the 3 month view the candles are 1 day, in the 1D view the candles are 30 min and in the 30 minute view the candles are 1 minute candles.

All the best,
Jonathan

leomedina01

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:34:01 PM

Hello,

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks.

Hi leomedina01,

The demo market tries to emulate what would happen on the real market, but seems like here it misfired? Without the logs I couldn't tell you why, but my guess would be that you had a network out issue at the point the course went through your sell order and that's why it didn't execute.

If you were using the real version and that was a real limit order on the exchange it would have been filled.

As for the candles, I am not sure I understand. The buttons at the top of the chart show the time frame and this then determines the time frame of the individual candles. For example in the 3 month view the candles are 1 day, in the 1D view the candles are 30 min and in the 30 minute view the candles are 1 minute candles.

All the best,
Jonathan

Thnx for all prompt replies Jonathan.

I'm about to purchase Leonardo, I'm only concerned about the fact it does not have a way to set a stop-loss for poloniex orders. Do you think this is something I really need to be concerned about? Do you think it's safe trading without a stop-loss?

I mean suppose I cannot be in front of my pc all the time looking in the chart. Do you think it's safe being out for some hours (ex. for sleep) and leave the bot go alone, without any stop-loss? do you think it's safe? Just need an honest answer.

Regards.
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:17:50 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 10:31:05 PM by chicken65

Is there extra fees for the exchanges or are the included?

and is there a possibility of adding Yobit and Cryptopia in the future? Your bot is a decent price for newbies who tend to trade on exchanges I mention.

Edit
Disregard. I see one is free and charges for extra additions
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 07:58:54 AM

Is there extra fees for the exchanges or are the included?

and is there a possibility of adding Yobit and Cryptopia in the future? Your bot is a decent price for newbies who tend to trade on exchanges I mention.

Edit
Disregard. I see one is free and charges for extra additions

Yes, the current price is $89 for leonArdo and for that you get one exchange free. The ultra version gives you access to 7 exchanges and costs $179.

We will definitely add more exchanges soon. Demand will determine which ones jump to the top of the line.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 08:03:25 AM

Hello,

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks.

Hi leomedina01,

All the best,
Jonathan

I'm about to purchase Leonardo, I'm only concerned about the fact it does not have a way to set a stop-loss for poloniex orders. Do you think this is something I really need to be concerned about? Do you think it's safe trading without a stop-loss?

I mean suppose I cannot be in front of my pc all the time looking in the chart. Do you think it's safe being out for some hours (ex. for sleep) and leave the bot go alone, without any stop-loss? do you think it's safe? Just need an honest answer.

Regards.

Legally I cannot give you such 'financial advice', but I understand your concern.

I can tell you that we have hundreds of customers who are using leonArdo's bots without stop loss. But we will add this functionality soon, so you could wait until it's there.

I'm really happy you like leonArdo and might purchase a copy soon!

Thanks for your support,
Jonathan

leomedina01

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Hello,

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks.

Hi leomedina01,

All the best,
Jonathan

Regards.

Legally I cannot give you such 'financial advice', but I understand your concern.

I can tell you that we have hundreds of customers who are using leonArdo's bots without stop loss. But we will add this functionality soon, so you could wait until it's there.

Thanks for your support,
Jonathan

Ok. Thanks for the prompt reply.

A last question: do you offer any money back guarantee?

Cheers.
xpalax

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:51:33 PM

I have a question on this bot. Will this bot run on a Raspberry Pi. Also, will there be the ability to make your own strategies using indicators such as RSI, MACD, etc.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 10:37:25 PM

Hello,

Thnx.

Hi leomedina01,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks.

Hi leomedina01,

All the best,
Jonathan

Regards.

Thanks for your support,
Jonathan

Ok. Thanks for the prompt reply.

A last question: do you offer any money back guarantee?

Cheers.

You are welcome!

No, there is no money back guarantee! We have no way of even knowing how leonArdo performs for you as we have no access to that data.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 10:39:16 PM

I have a question on this bot. Will this bot run on a Raspberry Pi. Also, will there be the ability to make your own strategies using indicators such as RSI, MACD, etc.

It runs on Windows, Linux and OS X, but not on the Pi's architecture yet. We want to add this in the future.

Yes, when we release our strategy editor you will be able to use leonArdo's indicators to build your own bots.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Percivul

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:52:47 AM

It runs on Windows, Linux and OS X, but not on the Pi's architecture yet. We want to add this in the future.

Yes, when we release our strategy editor you will be able to use leonArdo's indicators to build your own bots.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Is there any kind of time frame as to when these features are coming?  1st quarter of this year? Summer of 2017?  It would be helpful to have at least a window as to when we can all expect some of these updates and improvements.  Smiley

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: