Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:08:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:05:01 PM

Why dont you go and troll somewhere else.

Harmed much? Was it your sockpuppet?
I think you are harmed, by me. Since you are here jumping on every post I make, and now seeing sockpuppets. Dont you have anything better to do than stalking me?

Is it because you felt harmed when I asked about your little Iota project? Did I ask uncomfortable questions?  Kiss

hmm so what happened, i think i have been see you 2 guys here for a long time.
why not meet each other and have a talk? Smiley i can donate some byteball.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:07:40 PM

I think you are harmed, by me. Since you are here jumping on every post I make, and now seeing sockpuppets. Dont you have anything better to do than stalking me?

Is it because you felt harmed when I asked about your little Iota project? Did I ask uncomfortable questions?  Kiss

Well, basically I asked uncomfortable questions about IOTA, and now the guy is following me around like a bad fart. It is annoying me.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:09:27 PM

byteball create some new technology, and the innovation is big.

i hope byteball can have a 200000BTC marketcap one day, because the innovation deserve it.

so 10000BTC first this month
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:11:54 PM

I think you are harmed, by me. Since you are here jumping on every post I make, and now seeing sockpuppets.

Most of your posts look very suspicious. This harms me because I don't like con artists.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:14:12 PM

39   Byteball Byteball   $7,186,180   $71.86   100,000 GBYTE *   $111,266   25.55%

1GB is too expensive, maybe change the unit to MB, then 1MB=0.0071$

if we do the change, it will be good for byteball to get more users.

so 80$ this week

running farm worldwide
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:15:16 PM

Is it because you felt harmed when I asked about your little Iota project? Did I ask uncomfortable questions?  Kiss

No. Your questions were obvious trolling, I followed your previous posts and noticed a lot of red flags in this thread that made me suspect you are preparing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_trick. Now I'm paying increased attention to your posts.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

it's good for byteball activity.. any way.

but want to hear more about DAG algorithm or Byteball tech stuff. not just dislike each other.

running farm worldwide
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 09:22:22 PM

Well, basically I asked uncomfortable questions about IOTA, and now the guy is following me around like a bad fart. It is annoying me.

Ignore button is right there, under his name.

SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Is it because you felt harmed when I asked about your little Iota project? Did I ask uncomfortable questions?  Kiss

No. Your questions were obvious trolling, I followed your previous posts and noticed a lot of red flags in this thread that made me suspect you are preparing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_trick. Now I'm paying increased attention to your posts.
Just leave me alone dude, I asked as technical as I could and other people agreed with concerns, let these readers make up their own mind if it was trolling or not. Read the IOTA Unmoderated thread. Besides your own domsch offered some kind peace, then the other guy called me geriatric alcoholic or something, Ive had enough of you Iota people.

Im not out to get you or anyone, in fact, as I said before, I do not even give a shit about you.

But you are spamming this thread, and you are ruining it for the rest of the people when you begin these pity fights with me, instead of staying on focus and not threatening and spreading distrust.

Are you the king of bitcointalk, your legendary status, does that mean new comers must lick your balls and ask your permission before being allowed to talk in peace? OK, All hail king dictator for life Come-froom-Beyond all knowledgable, all-trustful, protector of users and highly skilled con artist detector, mighty cryptographer, legendary talker and kind benevolent lover. Happy valentines. I love you. You are the best.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:29:52 PM

Just leave me alone dude...

I know why my presence annoys you. And I know how this story will end - you'll create another account and will try to scam another community. I've seen such endings numerous times, few of them, probably, with your participation under other nicknames.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:45:20 PM

I embedded a valentine's day message for my gf in the dag last night  Cheesy

https://explorer.byteball.org/#JwUteajaUhsM0iO9NdJRaO10WvLobxf29BYZj4wFNjw=

BYTEBALL RULES!
how much was it in $?
SatoNatomato

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:57:38 PM

Just leave me alone dude...

I know why my presence annoys you. And I know how this story will end - you'll create another account and will try to scam another community. I've seen such endings numerous times, few of them, probably, with your participation under other nicknames.
I assure you this is my first and only account on this forum.

But yeah, I may just give up, you seem to be very persistent. You would have driven me away from Iota and away from Byteball, so you win, and you get to stay in this community and watch over it.

EDIT. Yeah Im done, fuck you Come-from-Beyond. Selling my bytes on cryptox.pl, Im out.
davidoski

Activity: 297

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:19:55 PM

Besides, as far as I know, tonych can't do anything if economy decide to change some witness [..]
I guess, this puts me in the "mindless cheerleaders" category then Wink.

Let me quote the most well informed person:

You are correct, if 12 witnesses so decide, they can block all attempts to replace them. But this is exactly what they were expected not to do when they were added themselves.  If a minority of witnesses appears untrustworthy, they can be promptly replaced before they reach majority.

I discuss in the whitepaper a mechanism which helps make the behavior of witnesses more predictable and earlier detect any breaches of trust:  a would-be witness pledges to follow the witness lists of a few (possibly larger than 12) prominent industry leaders.  The pledge is not enforceable in the protocol but publicly auditable, any breach of the pledge would immediately make the witness a candidate for removal.

Yes, indeed. I would add ignorant to this and it's not funny.

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
portabella

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:24:28 PM

Besides, as far as I know, tonych can't do anything if economy decide to change some witness [..]

You are correct, if 12 witnesses so decide, they can block all attempts to replace them. But this is exactly what they were expected not to do when they were added themselves.  If a minority of witnesses appears untrustworthy, they can be promptly replaced before they reach majority.

I discuss in the whitepaper a mechanism which helps make the behavior of witnesses more predictable and earlier detect any breaches of trust:  a would-be witness pledges to follow the witness lists of a few (possibly larger than 12) prominent industry leaders.  The pledge is not enforceable in the protocol but publicly auditable, any breach of the pledge would immediately make the witness a candidate for removal.

Begin spreading the trust.

The witness 7ULGTPFB72TOYA67YNGMX2Y445FSTL7O replaces UENJPVZ7HVHM6QGVGT6MWOJGGRTUTJXQ
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 11:36:58 PM

If by "centralized 'mechanism'" you mean the fact that tonych control all 12 witnesses I'd say I don't think the mechanism of changing witnesses is somehow deactivate 'till the distribution is over.
I think it's in full blow validity and someone who present a very compelling argument to be one of the twelve witnesses could assume the role.
Now, tonych may have any number of reasons to be in this role, but one would be: the network had to start securely somewhere, and the other being: no one's showed up yet with the needed reputation and credibility.

Finally some voice of reason. I felt so lonely with my arguments among all "hodl, to the moon etc." mindless cheerleaders. Thanks for that. It would be nice to hear from tonych what is his plan (if any) for relinquishing control over witnesses and breaking down the current one man cartel. It's obvious that it's very early to talk about that but some plan needs to be outlined if the system is to be considered in the future something more than privately controlled currency by one man. It's so centralized at the moment that the wallet "decentralized value" slogan sounds like a joke.

That's a valid concern and freezal got it right: the network had to start centralized and no one's showed up yet with the needed reputation and credibility.  I'm going to use every opportunity to relinquish control over 11 out of 12 witnesses in favor of reputable individuals/organizations/companies that are willing to be part of the network.  That would make the network only stronger thanks to both their involvement and the network becoming more decentralized.

Simplicity is beauty
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 12:10:05 AM

If by "centralized 'mechanism'" you mean the fact that tonych control all 12 witnesses I'd say I don't think the mechanism of changing witnesses is somehow deactivate 'till the distribution is over.
I think it's in full blow validity and someone who present a very compelling argument to be one of the twelve witnesses could assume the role.
Now, tonych may have any number of reasons to be in this role, but one would be: the network had to start securely somewhere, and the other being: no one's showed up yet with the needed reputation and credibility.

Finally some voice of reason. I felt so lonely with my arguments among all "hodl, to the moon etc." mindless cheerleaders. Thanks for that. It would be nice to hear from tonych what is his plan (if any) for relinquishing control over witnesses and breaking down the current one man cartel. It's obvious that it's very early to talk about that but some plan needs to be outlined if the system is to be considered in the future something more than privately controlled currency by one man. It's so centralized at the moment that the wallet "decentralized value" slogan sounds like a joke.

That's a valid concern and freezal got it right: the network had to start centralized and no one's showed up yet with the needed reputation and credibility.  I'm going to use every opportunity to relinquish control over 11 out of 12 witnesses in favor of reputable individuals/organizations/companies that are willing to be part of the network.  That would make the network only stronger thanks to both their involvement and the network becoming more decentralized.

This is even more difficult task than distribution of tokens. Whatever you do, there will be some people who will complain that selection of witnesses is unfair and therefore the network is centralized and corrupted.

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 12:47:36 AM

This is even more difficult task than distribution of tokens. Whatever you do, there will be some people who will complain that selection of witnesses is unfair and therefore the network is centralized and corrupted.

Let them speaking about centralized and corrupted nonsense. :-)

I think, the next months, Tony will show us, how DAG works and how awesome this new technology will be inspired by many developers.

Greetz
Steve
freezal

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:11:00 AM

To be fair, and in retrospect, I probably misunderstood that you were not concerned discussing byteball centralization generically and in theory, as a quality, but in particular, as it manifest itself at the current situation and stage of the project, with the real people involved, as I think I understand now, and for that I appologize.

As for the general/theoretical situation of collusion of most witnesses and how impotent the rogue cartel would be against an economy that value its platform a lot, please see pages 21/22 of white paper by the same author (not cited here for brevity) about how to deal with them (schism).

Still to be seen how easy/hard collusion of majority witnesses could form, mechanisms of changing witnesses, schism, would be coordinated etc, keeping in mind all incentives (economical, reputational etc) involved.

Yes, indeed. I would add ignorant to this and it's not funny.

That was easy as per my own admission there. Smiley
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:34:22 AM

Begin spreading the trust.

The witness 7ULGTPFB72TOYA67YNGMX2Y445FSTL7O replaces UENJPVZ7HVHM6QGVGT6MWOJGGRTUTJXQ

portabella is an awesome and knowledgeable person in my opinion from interacting with him in the slack
davidoski

Activity: 297

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:35:26 AM

That's a valid concern and freezal got it right: the network had to start centralized and no one's showed up yet with the needed reputation and credibility.  I'm going to use every opportunity to relinquish control over 11 out of 12 witnesses in favor of reputable individuals/organizations/companies that are willing to be part of the network.  That would make the network only stronger thanks to both their involvement and the network becoming more decentralized.

Thanks for clarifying that. The other concern that keeps coming to my mind is this: what happens if 2 or more of the 12 witnesses goes down (offline) for various reasons (hardware mulfunction, operator not interested in running it anymore, government seizure etc.). Will this cause any network disruption? If yes, what kind of disruptions would that be?

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: