Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:31:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
stevebc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:30:29 PM

Is the timezone specified in the time for the snapshot the same timezone as the Bitcointalk forums use and show in the upper right corner of the screen?

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ervin-lemark

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 12:33:34 PM

Hi, Steve.

Is the timezone specified in the time for the snapshot the same timezone as the Bitcointalk forums use and show in the upper right corner of the screen?

Yes, it is.

Check your local time here: http://time.unitarium.com/utc/1810
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:35:33 PM

After August 7 we'll reach more than 50% distributed coins and will start a new phase of our distribution.

It was stated from day one that the purpose of this distribution is to get this coin into the hands of as many people as possible.  Both coins (bytes and blackbytes) are meant to be used as currencies, and this is only possible when there are many users and apps to interact with.  We already have a sizable community, a number of unique apps, and we are the only crypto project to have an app distribution platform (the Bot Store), but there is still a lot of room to grow in terms of user count, number of apps, and willingness of users to use these apps.

Up until now, we were distributing only to holders of BTC and Bytes, i.e. we were rewarding holding.  Now we are adding actual users into the mix, i.e. we are going to reward transactions.

To get you an idea of how we are going to do it, we are going to partner with several categories of companies:
- merchants
- payment processors
- "Bitcoin debit card" companies
and offer 10% cashback, paid in Bytes, for all qualifying purchases (no matter how the purchases are paid).  The cashback will be funded from the undistributed pool.  For example, a customer who bought for $100 receives $10 cashback in Bytes, paid to his Byteball address, at the current exchange rate.  For merchants, this is something that would drive sales and they would put effort into promoting the offer.  In competitive industries, a 10% cashback is a very powerful tool to lure customers.  For customers, this is a 10% discount (which matters a lot in some industries).  For Byteball, it is new users who will have to get involved into the system in order to receive the cashback.

A few companies have already expressed interest (not disclosing the names while it is a work in progress).

A few extensions of this offer:
- 20% cashback if the purchase is paid in bytes or blackbytes.  This would incentivize merchants to start accepting bytes and blackbytes, and the infrastructure will stay after the distribution ends.
- merchants can offer additional cashback to their customers.  Merchants fund it themselves by buying bytes from the market, and for every 1% funded by the merchant we add 1% more from the undistributed pool.

If you see similarity with existing loyalty points schemes, it is similar indeed.

At a minimum, we receive many new users who learn about Byteball from their merchants, plus working payment integrations.  And the users are not just crypto fans, it may be their first crypto coin for many users.  With the most user friendly wallet in the industry, we are in the best position to expand beyond the crypto village.

We can continue adding 10-20% to existing byte balances to incentivize keeping the received bytes before more infrastructure is built, rather than cashing out immediately.  

Two negative sides:
- the scheme is less transparent than plain adding on top of existing balances, and some share of fraud is inevitable.  Merchants might try to deceive us to receive coins for themselves by reporting nonexistent sales or selling to themselves.  This is mitigated by good choice of trustworthy merchants and our ability to disconnect any merchant at any time on suspicion of fraud.  Their customers can also try to find ways to abuse the system, again we'll require the merchants to prevent that by excluding some types of purchases, monitoring customers, enforcing caps, etc.  Additionally, if the merchant funds part of the cashback himself, he has skin in the game to counter the customer fraud.
- these new users are not holders for the most part, they are more likely to sell.  Not a big problem, the point is they already know about Byteball and it's easy for them to get back.  The new users are new to crypto, many of them won't use exchanges, and somebody will have to create new easier-to-use channels to fiat, which is positive for liquidity.  Also, 10%-20% monthly distributions discourage fast selling while the distribution is ongoing.  And lastly, the merchants who fund 50% of the cashback would partially balance the markets by buying coins.

On balance, I'm sure that these negatives are tolerable when we are going to achieve a vast expansion of our user base and acceptance at merchants.

For the current distribution round, nothing changes.

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders and slowing down the distribution to have more time to build out the cashback program:

BTC to Bytes: every 160 BTC gives you 1 GB from the distribution (or 0.00625 GB per BTC).
Bytes to Bytes: every 10 GB of existing balance gives you additional 1 GB from the distribution (in other words, +10% to existing balances).

Similar ratios for blackbytes.

For those who receive their first bytes from cashbacks, Sep 6 will be the first distribution when they receive +10%.

I'll make announcements as we add merchants in the cashback program.

Fantastic Tonych. One of the hardest working and innovative devs so far.
Keep up the great work.

Carolina
bc1qtm5d24nycxqfqzdtj33zh9m9wn2cdek6v4kkck
Pastonia

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:35:47 PM

UTC 18:10
Coiner_

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

More than 1.2 million BTC linked to Byteball!

Please retweet: https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/894493516390420480

The price is still really, really low. Last month I was expecting it to reach $950 at the very least but it's way below that and still dropping.  Sad

This dumping sucks! I was betting on BB going up especially after the sharp drop after last distribution.

there is nothing sucking about a dump in a coin with a good future!

i am new to Byteball, and i have recently found out about it but i am already very interested and total in.
when the dumps begin and the panics start, that is the best time to buy more Bytes. it is the bottom of the price just like last time, you get cheap coins and add it to your wallet and get profit. it is all a win-win situation.

I hope it drops even more after this airdrop than it did the last time, maybe I'll finally be able to get up to a 100,000 Bytes in my wallet and add it to what I got in the slack jaucet Grin
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:38:00 PM

UTC 18:10
Current utc time:
https://time.is/de/UTC
Coiner_

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:38:47 PM

This site, Moongiant, shows the time of the full moon according to your current timezone.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:46:36 PM

This dumping sucks! I was betting on BB going up especially after the sharp drop after last distribution.

i am new to Byteball, and i have recently found out about it but i am already very interested and total in.
when the dumps begin and the panics start, that is the best time to buy more Bytes. it is the bottom of the price just like last time, you get cheap coins and add it to your wallet and get profit. it is all a win-win situation.

I hope it drops even more after this airdrop than it did the last time, maybe I'll finally be able to get up to a 100,000 Bytes in my wallet and add it to what I got in the slack jaucet Grin

when i said i am in, i really meant it. i have already claimed only 1 airdrop and this will be the second one and also on top of it i have bought more bytes in the dips and will surely continue to buy more. specially with the last update from tonych about their cooperating with the merchants and also encouraging the merchants with byteball.

on top of it there is this part:

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders

Bytes to Bytes: every 10 GB of existing balance gives you additional 1 GB from the distribution (in other words, +10% to existing balances).

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:57:30 PM

After August 7 we'll reach more than 50% distributed coins and will start a new phase of our distribution.

It was stated from day one that the purpose of this distribution is to get this coin into the hands of as many people as possible.  Both coins (bytes and blackbytes) are meant to be used as currencies, and this is only possible when there are many users and apps to interact with.  We already have a sizable community, a number of unique apps, and we are the only crypto project to have an app distribution platform (the Bot Store), but there is still a lot of room to grow in terms of user count, number of apps, and willingness of users to use these apps.

Up until now, we were distributing only to holders of BTC and Bytes, i.e. we were rewarding holding.  Now we are adding actual users into the mix, i.e. we are going to reward transactions.

To get you an idea of how we are going to do it, we are going to partner with several categories of companies:
- merchants
- payment processors
and offer 10% cashback, paid in Bytes, for all qualifying purchases (no matter how the purchases are paid).  The cashback will be funded from the undistributed pool.  For example, a customer who bought for $100 receives $10 cashback in Bytes, paid to his Byteball address, at the current exchange rate.  For merchants, this is something that would drive sales and they would put effort into promoting the offer.  In competitive industries, a 10% cashback is a very powerful tool to lure customers.  For customers, this is a 10% discount (which matters a lot in some industries).  For Byteball, it is new users who will have to get involved into the system in order to receive the cashback.

A few companies have already expressed interest (not disclosing the names while it is a work in progress).

- 20% cashback if the purchase is paid in bytes or blackbytes.  This would incentivize merchants to start accepting bytes and blackbytes, and the infrastructure will stay after the distribution ends.
- merchants can offer additional cashback to their customers.  Merchants fund it themselves by buying bytes from the market, and for every 1% funded by the merchant we add 1% more from the undistributed pool.

If you see similarity with existing loyalty points schemes, it is similar indeed.

At a minimum, we receive many new users who learn about Byteball from their merchants, plus working payment integrations.  And the users are not just crypto fans, it may be their first crypto coin for many users.  With the most user friendly wallet in the industry, we are in the best position to expand beyond the crypto village.

We can continue adding 10-20% to existing byte balances to incentivize keeping the received bytes before more infrastructure is built, rather than cashing out immediately.  

Two negative sides:
- the scheme is less transparent than plain adding on top of existing balances, and some share of fraud is inevitable.  Merchants might try to deceive us to receive coins for themselves by reporting nonexistent sales or selling to themselves.  This is mitigated by good choice of trustworthy merchants and our ability to disconnect any merchant at any time on suspicion of fraud.  Their customers can also try to find ways to abuse the system, again we'll require the merchants to prevent that by excluding some types of purchases, monitoring customers, enforcing caps, etc.  Additionally, if the merchant funds part of the cashback himself, he has skin in the game to counter the customer fraud.
- these new users are not holders for the most part, they are more likely to sell.  Not a big problem, the point is they already know about Byteball and it's easy for them to get back.  The new users are new to crypto, many of them won't use exchanges, and somebody will have to create new easier-to-use channels to fiat, which is positive for liquidity.  Also, 10%-20% monthly distributions discourage fast selling while the distribution is ongoing.  And lastly, the merchants who fund 50% of the cashback would partially balance the markets by buying coins.

On balance, I'm sure that these negatives are tolerable when we are going to achieve a vast expansion of our user base and acceptance at merchants.

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders and slowing down the distribution to have more time to build out the cashback program:

BTC to Bytes: every 160 BTC gives you 1 GB from the distribution (or 0.00625 GB per BTC).

For those who receive their first bytes from cashbacks, Sep 6 will be the first distribution when they receive +10%.

To be honest this is the worst decision and it sucks.Price of byteball will fall now.I am out and dumping my gbytes now Cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bjack0815

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

The guys who are dumping right now maybe didn't get this  Grin

Work hard, play hard.
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:07:25 PM

The guys who are dumping right now maybe didn't get this  Grin

It's a good reason to dump now.Price will fall as they will be decreasing the distribution amount from next time.
Example:
Every 1 btc holder now gets 0.0625GB = 0.165×0.0625=0.0103125 BTC
From next distribution every 1 btc holder will get 0.00625GB=0.165×0.00625=0.00103125 BTC

Good to dump now Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Coiner_

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:12:55 PM

I hope it drops even more after this airdrop than it did the last time, maybe I'll finally be able to get up to a 100,000 Bytes in my wallet and add it to what I got in the slack jaucet Grin

when i said i am in, i really meant it. i have already claimed only 1 airdrop and this will be the second one and also on top of it i have bought more bytes in the dips and will surely continue to buy more.

Indeed. I came into crypto late June and watched the July airdrop (and it's plummet around July 19). Linked my address but since I didn't have anything to invest I didn't get anything.

specially with the last update from tonych about their cooperating with the merchants and also encouraging the merchants with byteball.

on top of it there is this part:

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders

Perhaps I'm not reading it right but I don't see this as an advantage, at least for "airdropees". At this rate the airdrop will be done by next month.

Edit: Just noticed "BTC to Bytes: every 160 BTC gives you 1 GB from the distribution (or 0.00625 GB per BTC)". It was 0.0625GB/BTC before.
Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:13:12 PM

- merchants
- payment processors

Two negative sides:

Very good work and nice decisions.
I'm  little bit affraid by the negative points and to be sure the balance is good for ByteBall and it's community,  think you have to make a big work around this system of cashback.
But I thank you for all these goods ideas.

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:13:27 PM

5 Hrs till distribution! load up your bags now!
shivamchawla

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:16:35 PM

What protection will be there for merchants who will try to fool the system by buying their own services just to claim bytes from the distribution pool?

Coiner_

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:18:04 PM

The guys who are dumping right now maybe didn't get this  Grin

It's a good reason to dump now.Price will fall as they will be decreasing the distribution amount from next time.
Example:
Every 1 btc holder now gets 0.0625GB = 0.165×0.0625=0.0103125 BTC
From next distribution every 1 btc holder will get 0.00625GB=0.165×0.00625=0.00103125 BTC

Good to dump now Grin

Not really though. All you need to do is buy GB and like always, you'll get more profit having GB than linking a BTC address.
DonYo

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:23:59 PM

- merchants
- payment processors

Two negative sides:

I've had a bone and an arrow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgFYKPSUOg

Great idea

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
wry

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:29:46 PM

- merchants
- payment processors

Two negative sides:

On balance I think this is a good initiative for the coin.  Incentives to use rather than hold make sense, and I like the x10 reduction for BTC holders versus the .5 reduction for byte holders.  To the extent people are aware of this, it might prevent the pre/post dump crash in price we see around every distribution date.

I do not know how you will guard against fraud, as I can see people having a field day with that, but I still like what you are trying to do.  Good luck finding trusted partners in crypto land.  Go Byteball!

Bitvest.io - Plinko Dice & More Gambling Site - Play/Invest - Amazing chat rewards!  Click now, thank me later!
Bitvest is a no?  Give Stake! a go! Good Luck!
SyamSoedin

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:31:13 PM

am I will get airdrop too if I put my byteball on bittrex?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1023

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

i have 1.6 billion blackbyte how much they are worth? where i can trade?

It's 1.6 Gb if I'm not mistaken. Current price is ~0.18 BTC per 1 GB, trading is going on bittrex!

man i'm talking about blackbytes not byteball, if they were worth 0.18 i would sold them already lol

am I will get airdrop too if I put my byteball on bittrex?

no because you need to sign the linked address otherwise every moron can get the airdrop multiple times lol

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: