Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 [869] 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
OscarHollywood

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:59:51 AM

So this dip was only caused by the cancelled airdrop? Nothing else?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:10:05 AM

AFAIK, this is the main cause. Many people HODL Byteball in hopes of accumulating coin via airdrop. Now that HODL Byteballs no longer has this benefit, I'm sure many just dumped. Hopefully, more use cases can be developed for this coin.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:33:10 AM

Why not burning remaining coins ? This would be more fair for long time believers and nobody would be scared about distribution anymore  Tongue

You still have a lot to distribute, this will take a long time by your new method... I understand people here are sad about the distribution, but this wasn't the solution too, the coin crashed under 0.02 BTC because of inflation created by the distribution and we were hoping this would stop some months ago.

I was wondering, without checking news this morning : "wow, Byteball is dumping, even if altcoins are on the bad way, seems like there is something wrong, I should check the thread "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
OscarHollywood

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:46:39 AM

I was wondering, without checking news this morning : "wow, Byteball is dumping, even if altcoins are on the bad way, seems like there is something wrong, I should check the thread "

this is exactly what i thought as ive been waiting patiently for a real dip
trustmngmnt

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:15:52 AM

Why not burning remaining coins ? This would be more fair for long time believers and nobody would be scared about distribution anymore  Tongue

You still have a lot to distribute, this will take a long time by your new method... I understand people here are sad about the distribution, but this wasn't the solution too, the coin crashed under 0.02 BTC because of inflation created by the distribution and we were hoping this would stop some months ago.

Because it's not your project, it's not your coin, and you're nobody to have an opinion by Tony's understanding. Or so we hear.
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:35:58 AM

talks of forking this are completely ridiculous. I have been one of tony's harshest critics since the start but that kind of talk is just a bit crazy and also very ungrateful. As if there are even more than a handful of developers that can attempt to fill tonych's shoes? where will you magically get another  tony ch to take over or fix if future issues arise. Let's keep up  pressure to get Tony to listen more to the community but let's remain slightly sensible here. Talks of take over dev teams and such are fantasy.

Tony's main problem is he is a genius coder and designer but is also probably an idealist like a lot of super smart people who don;t really give a shit about profits and money. Think about it people this smart are generally very wealthy already.

Now we just need to make Tony understand that this entire game is right now governed by speculation and the real truth is 99% of people are here to get rich. Sure a few will come and say we dont care about profits we are idealists and believers too. These people are talking bullshit. Whilst tonyCH seeks adoption but where is iota's adoption, where is xrbs adoption.... adoption at this point in crypto is not that important. Appealing to investors and speculators is important right now. Once you get them on board and a huge CAP is there you will get 100X more attention anyway and if the  tech backs up the hype your adoption will naturally come next without begging or paying people to adopt it.

I said at the start willingly letting other ico managers take the lions share of tokens was quite crazy. Tony didn't seem to think it mattered for some reason or other.

Tony then realised giving it out over and over again to btc owners was a bad idea so gradually shut them out.

Tony did NOT realise that a LOT of people invested in byteball on the basis not only of it being great tech but also because of the full moon drops. Cancelling those was a terrible mistake since it then destroyed the trust of many investors.

I do have faith that byteball will be a top 10 project even now. However this mess with the distribution needs to end and end fast.

If a burn is not possible I think a huge air drop to all byteball holders (excluding wallets known to be ico managers and exchanges) by huge I mean 30% in one big airdrop. Tony keeps 10% to do what he likes with and we move on from here.

Also a more distributed network needs to be worked out asap.

Then let us as a community move on from worrying about the distribution and get on with pushing forward to get byteball out there.

The problem with tony also is that he thinks he can just ignore the posts he does not feel like discussing and just cherry pick posts to reply to. This again looks bad. You need to be consistent and install trust. Many super smart people are very dynamic and it can appear they are super changeable and unreliable when really they are just adjusting to what they think best in the current situation. However if you want to make these  changes you need really to discuss and convince the community or at least some of them. People here are very use to being part of a decentralised community driven decision process. It seems strange to have huge changes thrust on to them with no discussion and then when they complain no answer or even recognition of their concerns.

You have to remember though with this project a LOT of the huge whales have no interest in seeing byteball beat their own projects so since they have such control of the price because they got gifted such huge amounts of the minting that they can beat us down at will. It will take many cycles to take away their power.

Byteball is still way undervalued i think but the question is how to get it to fair value.  For a start we need to bring more serious investors for long term holds. I think fully distributing and getting a more decentralised network will be a good start.

This thread is mostly full of arguing about the distribution and the unit size. We need this thread full of positive discussion about how to push byteball forward and demonstrate how good it is next to other projects.

TonyCH is a great designer and coder but just  needs to spend a bit more time listening to the community and to give a few more reasons for his decisions and make the entire thing feel more of a community effort (although really he is the project)

I feel we are all being a bit harsh on him but it is frustration at these last min changes that are making us seem ungrateful for this great piece of work.

I think tony does what he really thinks is best for the project but I think sometimes he is wrong and sometimes he needs to discuss these changes  with the community and explain he reasons fully. I mean after all if he is way smarter than most of us (which is highly likely) maybe we are the ones not fully comprehending the benefits of such changes. All the same we need to be made to understand so we all have more faith in the project going forward. Install more faith and trust and you will install a lof of long term holders that will suck up supply and hold it. That is exactly what you want whilst you work on driving demand too.

Excellent post Cryptohunter - a great read,

I love ByteBall and greatly admire what Tonych has achieved, and will remain a promoter and participant for a long time to come (I fell in love a few months ago and I still have hope)
But there is no question that this matter could have been handled with much more sophistication and sensitivity, as could many before.

Given the Cryptopia Situation, IMO, the Airdrop should have at minimum been postponed, but Airdrops also have the potential to be a pretty decent marketing tool and they are kind of "ByteBall thing". There's no law that says it had to be so large. It could have been reduced in size to 1 or 2% to reduce market impact, and continued for it's Buzz factor on a periodic basis for a long time to come - leaving plenty of Bytes left to distribute and use in other ways.

It also would have been very easy with a little compromise to keep everyone in the community happy with "one last drop" - even of a reduced size.

We really need everyone pulling together, building our community if BB is to succeed - not constantly fighting among ourselves over things we have absolutely no say or control over.
Did "management" not realize how divisive such a blunt announcement like this would be? Where was Eli on this?

What's it going to take to get Tonych to understand how important a Strong & Vibrant Community is to the ultimate success of Byteball?
It cannot succeed without community - no matter how good the technology. The community needs to feel that they are a part of the process.

And to realize that it's unlikely much institutional money will flow into ByteBall as long as it remains a "one man show" with no Roadmap, no Governance Structure looking out for the long term interests of Byte holders, and no long term Platform Maintenance or Marketing Infrastructure to support it in the years and hopefully decades to come. (Heavens forbid, but what happens if Tonych gets hit by a bus?)

Some of these things are not easy to say, but I think it's essential for our investment & the ByteBall Platform that someone does.

At some point, Tonych has to release his child into the universe to fend for itself - along with the means to do so.

Perhaps Tonych would also be a lot happier if he were to step back from things he doesn't like so much to concentrate on what he loves
 - which is obviously coding. It must be an awful lot of pressure to have responsibility for "everything".

With a little luck this is the wake up call that Tonych needs.

Good luck and wisdom to us all.

Cryptaculara

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:46:50 AM

Sorry to intrude on the FUD, but......

I can only speak for myself, but I am in awe of the innovation of blockchain technology.  It offers western society, and the entire world, a decentralized financial system that affords ordinary people significantly more control over their money, and potential to gain wealth.
Speaking as a millennial with thousands of dollars of college debt, who feels disillusioned with our current financial and economic system, yet still clings to the idea of the American dream...I feel like many Byteball veterans have lost sight of the intention behind a DEcentralized financial system.  

Now, and I may be misreading or not have all of the info here, so I say this based solely on what I have read in this thread:

The way many Byteball holders are responding to the idea of having to take [what will very likely be] a short-term loss in order to expand this opportunity for others is the kind of toxic attitude and thinking that made financial decentralization necessary in the first place.  
The idea that you deserve more of something simply by virtue of having already accumulated a lot before others had a chance to is the very definition of greed.  This is the sort of questionable ethical standard that keeps the average American out of the stock market or college.

Ever since I got into crypto, I have been trying to get my family and friends involved...but their always feel lost or confused by the flood of new information.  But when I explained Byteball to my boyfriend and showed him the wallet, he immediately understood and it MADE SENSE to him.  
The fact that this seems so incredibly unique+simple+userfriendly had me really excited about it when I started researching it.  

It's disheartening to see that many veterans of Byteball would prefer not to let others in on the opportunity.  

However, for those of you who are genuinely abandoning the project...I will VERY HAPPILY take all of your unwanted bits and bytes.  Cheesy
I can provide my FB to prove I'm not just a veteran looking for another way to cash in:  

VCV4CNBCODU3MPGU2D6ROHQIIEQ62FPG

Or just keep selling so I can buy some when I get paid!

But I hope that those who are remaining part of the community appreciate what an awesome project they're a part of, and how many people it could bring into the crypto space.   Smiley

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:27:53 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I am in awe of the innovation of blockchain technology.  It offers western society, and the entire world, a decentralized financial system that affords ordinary people significantly more control over their money, and potential to gain wealth.
Speaking as a millennial with thousands of dollars of college debt, who feels disillusioned with our current financial and economic system, yet still clings to the idea of the American dream...I feel like many Byteball veterans have lost sight of the intention behind a DEcentralized financial system.  

Byteball is neither blockchain nor decentralized. Good luck with your beg.
Cryptaculara

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:12:02 AM

Whether it is blockchain or DAG, or technically constitutes as decentralized, I feel that this project falls under the overall concept of the  decentralized financial system many blockchain enthusiasts hope to achieve.  (Also, you are posting on a forum dedicated to blockchain technology, sooooo.... Huh )

As someone fairly new to this, I will openly admit that I have a lot to learn and may not be as knowledgable as those who have been into this for over a decade...but I do not think one needs to be a computer programer to understand principles of economics, or human behavior. 

But I do appreciate the wishes for luck in my byteball panhandling endeavors.

naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:48:13 AM

Tony's main problem is he is a genius coder and designer but is also probably an idealist

He must realize that the dominant position in the coins circulation race    is  not necessarily about who has the best tech, but  rather who has the most efficient strategy for implementation.
zaliass

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:20:09 AM

Tony's main problem is he is a genius coder and designer but is also probably an idealist

He must realize that the dominant position in the coins circulation race    is  not necessarily about who has the best tech, but  rather who has the most efficient strategy for implementation.

That is the biggest load of .... i've heard. Strategy for implementation is just words on a paper and they mean all of 0.  Its exactly for this kind of mentality people have fears about crypto / alt markets being unsustainable in the long run. 'Investors' expecting to make free money out of projects who have nothing behind them but 'efficient strategy for implementation'. Okay lets agree we all made good money out of crypto last couple of years but do you really see projects being worth in the billions with nothing but strategy and good marketing? Be serious people! Someone needs to take you down a peg or two.

IMO this is a great project and I'm all for it trying to break the mould not falling into the same trap so many other projects have.

Carry on doing what you're doing Tony. Rome wasn't build in a day.
taurados

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:21:46 AM

Sorry but cancelling the airdrop without any discussion was the badest thing ever could happen. DEV is selfish and only do things on his own. So i´m sad this coin will be dumped over and over next months.
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:25:37 AM

hi guys Smiley

Also shared my opinion on the cancellation of airdrops by Tony:

"Byteball SALE 33% Off"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLi0ajJd6Tc

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:40:19 PM

not a western coin it’s a mankind coin
Malek17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:47:22 PM

Now, and I may be misreading or not have all of the info here, so I say this based solely on what I have read in this thread:

The way many Byteball holders are responding to the idea of having to take [what will very likely be] a short-term loss in order to expand this opportunity for others is the kind of toxic attitude and thinking that made financial decentralization necessary in the first place.  
The idea that you deserve more of something simply by virtue of having already accumulated a lot before others had a chance to is the very definition of greed.  This is the sort of questionable ethical standard that keeps the average American out of the stock market or college.

Ever since I got into crypto, I have been trying to get my family and friends involved...but their always feel lost or confused by the flood of new information.  But when I explained Byteball to my boyfriend and showed him the wallet, he immediately understood and it MADE SENSE to him.  
The fact that this seems so incredibly unique+simple+userfriendly had me really excited about it when I started researching it.  

It's disheartening to see that many veterans of Byteball would prefer not to let others in on the opportunity.  

However, for those of you who are genuinely abandoning the project...I will VERY HAPPILY take all of your unwanted bits and bytes.  Cheesy
I can provide my FB to prove I'm not just a veteran looking for another way to cash in:  

VCV4CNBCODU3MPGU2D6ROHQIIEQ62FPG

Or just keep selling so I can buy some when I get paid!

But I hope that those who are remaining part of the community appreciate what an awesome project they're a part of, and how many people it could bring into the crypto space.   Smiley

try not to think there are 2 worlds your western world and the other world there is only one world
Malek17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:32:40 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:12:18 PM by Malek17

hi guys Smiley

Also shared my opinion on the cancellation of airdrops by Tony:

"Byteball SALE 33% Off"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLi0ajJd6Tc

Sound some nonsense to me yes the Dev of any project should listen to the community without community this project is equal zero and you can share the one million byteball yourself and Tonych then.
The main problem here is not stopping the airdrop the problem is not finishing the distribution if he can finish the distribution with this new methods in 3 to 6 months that’s fine but it seems it will be going forever it’s a psychological game.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

AFAIK, this is the main cause. Many people HODL Byteball in hopes of accumulating coin via airdrop. Now that HODL Byteballs no longer has this benefit, I'm sure many just dumped. Hopefully, more use cases can be developed for this coin.

I agreed. At least, I am one of those guys to buy Byteball for the 10% airdrop. Anyway, I didn't dump my holding in this round.
MawsonPeak

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:30:50 PM

I think stopping the airdrops was a good decision for the simple reason that it is good for investors. And I think most people holding byteball today are investors and this is absolutely natural and unavoidable. Why? Because there is simply no other reason to hold bytes in the moment: you cannot purchase anything with it, you cannot use it as a matter to transfer money between exchanges. Sure you can argue, many people (me included) would like to see it suceeed as an everyday payment method, but this is pretty far in the future. But why should I hold bytes now, if I want to use it to buy a beer in a couple of years. The answer is because I think it goes up in price in the meantime and that makes me an investor.
Therefore I think Tony needs to care for investors, because this are the only people holding bytes for the time beeing. Even if that is not Tonys intended target audience, but it is definetely the audience he has to deal with, if the project shall gain more adoption.

But as I wrote before, the uncertainty what will happen with the undistributed funds is a killer argument for all investors. Nobody knows how many will be distributed over which time periods, therefore the price could crash completely, if too many new bytes become available. How about putting the undistributed funds into smart contracts, that lock them up for predefined periods of time, so everybody knows how much new bytes can be distributed per time period?

One more comment on exchanges: everybody wants to see Byteball adopted, so why don't we try to get it to more of the big exchanges in order to establish it as a way to transfer money between exchanges? Byteball has fast confirmation times and low fees, so this is a good use case that could be estabished in a reasonable time frame. There are not that many use cases for a new cryptocurrency and this is a obvious one that can help drive adoption.

SatyrA

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:55:35 PM

Tonych's sudden decisions about airdrops made Byteball my worst investments in 2017. Value of Byteball platform is influenced by airdrop significantly at this moment. It should not be canceled completely just becouse of investors care. Postpone, reduce percentage, but not cancel. Platform needs time to adopt and mature. Price will grow in natural way but with less investors stress.
Jedgar

Activity: 219
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:42:16 PM

Sorry but cancelling the airdrop without any discussion was the badest thing ever could happen. DEV is selfish and only do things on his own. So i´m sad this coin will be dumped over and over next months.

Agree, the same as  you went to the bank to receive interest from  your deposit and they turned you down. And the worst of it is that tonych kept this from us until this last moment while many people kept buying. Seems it's okay for him not to play fair. He just  lost all my credibility.
Pages: « 1 ... 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 [869] 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: