Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234015 times)
wry

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:46:23 PM

As I said before, airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, which we did on full moons, were a good way to bootstrap the network and get initial attention.  But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool.  We had to pivot to other distribution methods, but at the time I was writing the above post they were not ready yet, and I had to tentatively put another old-style airdrop on the calendar.

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

3. Giveaways, such as those that Rafael does to his youtube subscribers.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

Other similar methods will be added over time, the purpose is to use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently to acquire as many new users as possible.

There were multiple suggestions to redirect a part of undistributed funds from free distribution, i.e. from acquiring users, and spend it for hiring more people, paying contractors, etc.  While I understand the reasoning behind these suggestions, it is also important that we learn to spend money wisely, with the maximum effect per spent $, before (and if) we scale up the budget.  Anyway, it is unnecessary to repurpose the undistributed funds now as we have enough funds in the Community Fund to fund the current operations in the near future: it is over $1m in Bytes (plus another $1m in less liquid blackbytes).

When I went and checked and saw the price drop of Byteball I knew you had cancelled the March airdrop.

I don't see why the airdrops could not have continued at a reduced level or extended interval as part of the distribution method.  If nothing else, it gives people a reason to look into Byteball and is easy to understand.  I realize you always said the March airdrop may not happen, and can see moving away from rewarding BTC holders, but it would be interesting to see some data on how many new users these methods have attracted (sorry if it's somewhere I missed) versus the airdrop participation.

Good Luck.

Bitvest.io - Plinko Dice & More Gambling Site - Play/Invest - Amazing chat rewards!  Click now, thank me later!
Bitvest is a no?  Give Stake! a go! Good Luck!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

I don't see why the airdrops could not have continued at a reduced level or extended interval as part of the distribution method.  If nothing else, it gives people a reason to look into Byteball and is easy to understand.  I realize you always said the March airdrop may not happen, and can see moving away from rewarding BTC holders, but it would be interesting to see some data on how many new users these methods have attracted (sorry if it's somewhere I missed) versus the airdrop participation.

I realize that people blinded by greed cannot really get it: the purpose of the airdrop was to spread the coins to more and more people. It has worked for a while, it has then stopped to work. Alternative distribution methods are not much better? This only means we have to look for yet more different and better ways, not just go back to a method which have proved not to work any more.
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:39:57 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 11:52:35 PM by Pinstripe

edit: censorship?
Quote from: CryptoBest, reddit

UPDATE #2: Some of you might find it interesting that I made a very similar post on the ByteBall bitcointalk.org thread which immediately got deleted by a moderator - no reason given.

Why was my post deleted? What was so offensive? Did I not make some valid points and provide a decent suggestion to manage the optics of the announcement?

As a sincere ByteBall fan who is only seeking the best for the project, I find this kind of censorship deeply disturbing.

I have no idea why your post was deleted, moderation on this forum is totally out of my control.

-------------

I understand it was painful for many community members to hear that the March airdrop was cancelled.  But it had to be done for the reasons I stated in November and repeated a few days ago.  Back in summer, there were concerns about what happens when we distribute all the coins and the 10%-20% monthly holding reward goes away.  Since then, we reduced the reward, slowed down the balance-based airdrops, and finally phased them out.  Now, the concerns are over.  Going forward.

Thank you Tonych!

I am very moved by your response.

In my mind this is HUUGE!

It demonstrates:

#1 You do not condone censorship and are not a tyrant.

#2 You do care about your Community and ARE sensitive to how we feel.

It's really great to hear that you understand the cancellation of the Airdrop was painful for many.

I for one completely understand why you had to do what you did
- I only wish the whole thing was handled with a bit more sophistication and regard for
how things would look to a big chunk of your Community. We need unity - not more division.

But, you have fully restored my faith and confidence with this response.

We should all understand that ByteBall is still very young and needs nurturing before it can be more decentralized.
and there are many, many moving parts to consider before making changes that the Community might suggest.

I will continue my mission of trying to unite the Community so that you can trust us with your baby more and more as time passes - keep in mind, it's our baby too now:-)

More on this soon...

- If anyone would like to read the post in question, here it is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/7ylc73/dear_tonych/
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:38:38 AM

edit: censorship?
Quote from: CryptoBest, reddit

UPDATE #2: Some of you might find it interesting that I made a very similar post on the ByteBall bitcointalk.org thread which immediately got deleted by a moderator - no reason given.

Why was my post deleted? What was so offensive? Did I not make some valid points and provide a decent suggestion to manage the optics of the announcement?

As a sincere ByteBall fan who is only seeking the best for the project, I find this kind of censorship deeply disturbing.

I have no idea why your post was deleted, moderation on this forum is totally out of my control.

-------------

I understand it was painful for many community members to hear that the March airdrop was cancelled.  But it had to be done for the reasons I stated in November and repeated a few days ago.  Back in summer, there were concerns about what happens when we distribute all the coins and the 10%-20% monthly holding reward goes away.  Since then, we reduced the reward, slowed down the balance-based airdrops, and finally phased them out.  Now, the concerns are over.  Going forward.

Thank you Tonych!

I am very moved by your response.

In my mind this is HUUGE!

It demonstrates:

#1 You do not condone censorship and are not a tyrant.

#2 You do care about your Community and ARE sensitive to how we feel.

It's really great to hear that you understand the cancellation of the Airdrop was painful for many.

I for one completely understand why you had to do what you did
- I only wish the whole thing was handled with a bit more sophistication and regard for
how things would look to a big chunk of your Community. We need unity - not more division.

But, you have fully restored my faith and confidence with this response.

We should all understand that ByteBall is still very young and needs nurturing before it can be more decentralized.
and there are many, many moving parts to consider before making changes that the Community might suggest.

I will continue my mission of trying to unite the Community so that you can trust us with your baby more and more as time passes - keep in mind, it's our baby too now:-)

More on this soon...

- If anyone would like to read the post in question, here it is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/7ylc73/dear_tonych/
are you serious?
he "cares about the community" and listens to it?
just because he picked a little thing out and said that he wasn't the one who censored it?
there are so many uncertaincies and open questions which he doesn't even touch in the slightest.
still nobody knows of what happens to the last 40%.
the new distribution methods are not a fitting answer for that.
there are so many good ideas and advices from the community about how to solve the unsolved issues but he gives a damn about it and just says that he didn't censor anything himself.
really? and that is enough for you and everything is good now?
sure the community is united again now because of that little response of him.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:34:21 AM

are you serious?
he "cares about the community" and listens to it?
just because he picked a little thing out and said that he wasn't the one who censored it?
there are so many uncertaincies and open questions which he doesn't even touch in the slightest.
still nobody knows of what happens to the last 40%.
the new distribution methods are not a fitting answer for that.
there are so many good ideas and advices from the community about how to solve the unsolved issues but he gives a damn about it and just says that he didn't censor anything himself.
really? and that is enough for you and everything is good now?
sure the community is united again now because of that little response of him.

The community looks united in opposition to the continued uncertainty, we all know where this division between dev & community could go if we're not careful ...

I'm having a sleepless night thinking about "Byteball Cash", seriously I am ....
samer123

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:31:35 AM

transfer most of the remaining coins to leading exchanges + so that they become witnesses
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:55:15 AM

lol, bytecash.com not available, but you can get bytecash.money for like $10
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:51:41 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 11:54:08 PM by Pinstripe
Merited by jjacob (2)

UPDATE: There is a somewhat more refined version of this article here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/7zvigt/dear_fellow_byteballers/

A Call for Calm, Rationality & Honest Reflection by All Byteballers

With a goal of building a Strong & Vibrant Community in Spite of this recent PR setback.
I Invite all of you to put aside past issues and try to see things with a fresh perspective.

Let's have a Reset...

Dear Fellow Byteballers,
my apologies this post is so long but there is a lot I'd like to cover.

Most Importantly this:
We, the Community must find a way to get on the same page about some core issues
if we are ever to see a long term future for ByteBall. Which surely is what we all want.
Long term survival is the Supreme Mission ...

We Simply Must stop Fighting Among Ourselves about Issues of No Real Importance.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand"
ByteBall cannot succeed without Community. End of Story. Does EVERYONE get it?

If you really care about this project please join me in trying to chart a course toward a Community
where Tony will come to embrace a partnership with us, Something he has been unwilling to do so far
- I think maybe with some good reason.

- But ultimately this has to happen if Tonych wants ByteBall to achieve it's true potential.

To begin this new chapter of ByteBall history, We Must try to see things more from Tonych's perspective as well.

He is the founder, the driving force. He knows the code  - knows how changes affect other
components and the difficulty of doing things with the resources available.
He obviously has his particular vision of ByteBall as well.
It is his baby and the baby is still very young - it still requires a lot of nurturing and protection.

For example, if you had created this amazing thing called ByteBall, would you give control of parts of
your baby to a wild bunch like as us? Always fighting amongst ourselves, grudges held, politics played,
many lazy and expectant ... more complainers than helpers? etc. etc. I think not.

We need to change all that if ByteBall is to succeed.

ByteBall cannot succeed without Community.
Does everyone truly get that? It's just not going to happen without us!

But, If we rise to the occasion, and speak with a coherant voice I believe Tonych would begin to trust us more and more and take us
much more seriously, incorporating as many new ideas and concepts as make sense.

He must realize this is a partnership of sorts and being an honorable and ethical man, He would want to
do right by us, his partners - his supporters - without whom none of this would be possible. Many were
not so lucky to get free Bytes and have paid for them out of pocket. These folks have made an
investment that needs to be respected and protected to the fullest extent possible, otherwise it could
appear as if they are the suckers in all this. Let us all understand that a rising price is not evil - it
is a sign of success. It is something we should all value - it will help to drive growth and adoption marvelously.

But Tonych cannot do everything himself. There is an army of volunteers that keep the machinery going -
how will this be accomplished 3 years from now? or 6? can ByteBall continue to always rely on volunteers?
Is that a good idea long term? What if it's not?
We need to solve challenges like this and others if ByteBall is to have a long term future.

I believe Tonych would welcome a mature responsible, resourceful & resilient Community looking out for
his Brainchild's long term interests.

A Strong & Passionate Community is also Vital for the Best Roadmap to Emerge and Evolve.

A Roadmap is essential if we are to attract serious long term players.

But we need to be much stronger and less divided for that to happen. In My Opinion, We should work towards a kind
of "Constitution" for the ByteBall Platform. If we can begin to agree on a few things we can move
forward quickly and begin to add Essential Elements into our Roadmap and help Tonych build a great map of the future.

As a Community, we have a Vital Role - we must consider points of view outside of our own and be
willing to switch our support to a better argument when key choices and decisions need to be made.
I'm confident that when we as a Community are able to show that kind of maturity, we will truly be in a
position to conquer the world of Crypto with our Bytes.

Let's Begin this new chapter together by Resolving Two Key Issues as a Community Right Now. Today!

Allow me to explain...with a little story...

At a high level, beyond ByteBalls DAG technology, Distribution Strategy & Governance are the Ultimate Keys to the future.

If we accept the premise of centralization and the nature of the distributions as being key, a lot of
things begin to make sense. Especially Price Action.

Obviously the price has not done what most have been confidently predicting, and the poor price
performance versus some others has in turn prompted many to wonder why?

Quite a lot of selling was done from rivals and others of course, who just wanted to cash in,
but through the agonizing months of shocking declines, which never seemed to end, some began to wonder ...

Is it the dirty filthy sounding name that people don't like?
while others demand the Denomination be changed (to sucker in people who can't do math  Grin )

A lot seemed to want both.

Change Something! . . . they demand, in truth, because the price was not going up as they would have liked.

And when other Digital Assets of far lesser worth were doing so much better they knew exactly why...
It's the Name Dumbass. . . it's the Denomination Stoopid.

(So easy & fun to mock something isn't it)

Now I really don't mean to offend anyone, I know some of us have argued furiously for one side or the
other in the past, because on the surface, that's what it looks like. Had me fooled for a time.

But . . .
In fact, when you really think about it, the name is not bad at all - I definitely love that we own
Bytes, KBytes, MBytes & GBytes, and a "Ball of Bytes" called ByteBall is actually pretty cool also.

Sure, maybe we could come up with a better one, I like "Quirky" or "Quirk" myself,
- but frankly it's the least productive thing we could possibly do right now.
Same for changing the Denomination. (I prefer Bytes, But who cares? its fairly basic math)

The Real reason Byteball is heavily sold on every rally is because of the nature of the ByteBall
distributions & centralization. It is has been a "centralization" issue for a long time now and the
markets don't like the uncertainty - simple as that. Little or Nothing to do with the name or denomination.

ByteBall can and must build a Roadmap - What large ICO is going to want to join our party when some
fundamentally important elements are not yet in place?

Would you stake the next 5 - 10 years on a Platform that could not state what it's plans are for the
next six months, let alone the next year or two. Let alone the Next Decade? Ha.

Be under no illusion, Undistributed Bytes are an extremely powerful asset when coupled with a Roadmap
that is well thought out, fair, workable and delivers on its promises. Get it right and Bytes will
dominate with widespread viral adoption and use - get it wrong and we slowly, and then quickly die.

Under no circumstances should the Bytes be quickly distributed - we are not nearly strong enough for
that yet. The current path while inadequate, is a good beginning and addresses some very important areas,
and Tonych has stated that they are on the lookout for more. Let's help him find some - but there is no immediate urgency.

Those undistributed Bytes are key to Byteballs future. They are the most powerful asset ByteBall has.
It's fantastic that so many are still to be distributed.  In truth Tonych has done the right thing by
deciding to switch gears - the way it was done however was not well thought out. We'll have to do better next time.

Distributions should actually stretch out for a long time into the future - chasing the broadest
possible user base, with room to evolve as circumstances change. Couple that with a Strong Roadmap,
which outside of core protocols, is ultimately more and more Community driven,
and we will have an unstoppably viral crypto growing in every direction.

A large portion of remaining Bytes should be used to incentivize Byteballers to help grow the Platform
by Inviting others to participate and getting a bounty for doing so.

Those who are arguing for ultra ultra conservative distribution methods only,
are putting ByteBall at risk of missing the boat by being too conservative.
We should trial lots of different methods - see what works and what doesn't.
Most businesses are able to factor in a "cost of doing business" ByteBall must also be mature enough to do so.
We do not have endless time to get things right

Competitors are well entrenched in the race already. Look at what Dash is doing on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Augu01Z9tw
 - even sponsoring "truthy" journalists: https://youtu.be/VWbuNd64qoU?t=52s
It's working...

One of the reasons I first got involved in ByteBall is because I see Tonych as a decent honorable man
who tried and is still trying to do what he considers the right thing for his briliant invention.

I have no doubt that Tonych would absolutely love if we stopped bugging him about the Name and Denomination stuff,
and started to organize something he could embrace and work with - something that puts no demands on the protocol,
but allows for user input into certain aspects of ByteBall - like for example, a vote on exchange listings.

If Tonych cannot get on board with common sense things like this, then maybe we are actually in the wrong
investment. A world class Crypto must have liquidity!

(Sidenote: Can someone with some real knowledge tell me if its possible to vote from within the wallet - I'd love to know,
step by step how if possible. I'm sure it would cost a few Bytes to vote, but beyond that, I don't know.)

How about Cryptopia? We should have flown someone down there to fix things with a SSD already - It's
that important! A system needs to be in place to do everything possible to prevent bad things from
happening - these are some of the things a good Roadmap will address.

So Lets try to develop a consensus around these Two issues that have been dogging us for far too long.

The Name & Denomination have little to nothing to do with the price of the Asset.
Let's put these two issues firmly behing us. We'll do just fine with the name ByteBall.

If we can simply agree on these two things, we can move forward nicely and begin to work out the
details on other things.

Let's set about rebuilding trust and making it happen. Objective: A Strong & Vibrant Community, capable of
building and maintaining a non protocol level Governance, Maintenance & Marketing Structure to lead us
into the next decade and beyond. I for one, still have high hopes for the ByteBall project. It is still early days.
(But no time to waste!)

My credentials: I am Pinstripe on Bitcointalk and CryptoBest on Reddit.

I can't earn brownie points by pointing to some amazing code I wrote, but that doesn't mean I don't
have something to offer, if you consider +35 years of old school marketing and 20 years of Internet
Marketing of some value - I would hear me out if I were you.

Final thoughts:

I still believe that variations on the themes I presented here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg28085267#msg28085267
especially new merchant invitations, are some of the most powerful ways to grow the byteball platform,
and drive Marketing efforts going forward - as well as Rebuild the Community to world class levels.

Let's Find creative ways to Engage the Community to do the work, to the ByteBall Platforms extreme benefit.

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:23:58 AM

A Call for Calm, Rationality & Honest Reflection by All Byteballers

With a goal of building a Strong & Vibrant Community in Spite of this recent PR setback.
I Invite all of you to put aside past issues and try to see things with a fresh perspective.

Let's have a Reset...

Dear Fellow Byteballers,
my apologies this post is so long but there is a lot I'd like to cover.

Most Importantly this:
We, the Community must find a way to get on the same page about some core issues
if we are ever to see a long term future for ByteBall. Which surely is what we all want.
Long term survival is the Supreme Mission ...

We Simply Must stop Fighting Among Ourselves
"A house divided against itself cannot stand"
ByteBall cannot succeed without Community. End of Story. Does EVERYONE get it?

If you really care about this project please join me in trying to chart a course toward a Community
where Tony will come to embrace a partnership with us, Something he has been unwilling to do so far
- I think maybe with some good reason.

- But ultimately this has to happen if Tonych wants ByteBall to achieve it's true potential.

To begin this new chapter of ByteBall history, We Must try to see things more from Tonych's perspective as well.

He is the founder, the driving force. He knows the code  - knows how changes affect other
components and the difficulty of doing things with the resources available.
He obviously has his particular vision of ByteBall as well.
It is his baby and the baby is still very young - it still requires a lot of nurturing and protection.

For example, if you had created this amazing thing called ByteBall, would you give control of parts of
your baby to a wild bunch like as us? Always fighting amongst ourselves, grudges held, politics played,
many lazy and expectant ... more complainers than helpers? etc. etc. I think not.

We need to change all that if ByteBall is to succeed.

ByteBall cannot succeed without Community.
Does everyone truly get that? It's just not going to happen without us!

But, If we rise to the occasion, and speak with a coherant voice I believe Tonych would begin to trust us more and more and take us
much more seriously, incorporating as many new ideas and concepts as make sense.

He must realize this is a partnership of sorts and being an honorable and ethical man, He would want to
do right by us, his partners - his supporters - without whom none of this would be possible. Many were
not so lucky to get free Bytes and have paid for them out of pocket. These folks have made an
investment that needs to be respected and protected to the fullest extent possible, otherwise it could
appear as if they are the suckers in all this. Let us all understand that a rising price is not evil - it
is a sign of success. It is something we should all value - it will help to drive growth and adoption marvelously.

But Tonych cannot do everything himself. There is an army of volunteers that keep the machinery going -
how will this be accomplished 3 years from now? or 6? can ByteBall continue to always rely on volunteers?
Is that a good idea long term? What if it's not?
We need to solve challenges like this and others if ByteBall is to have a long term future.

I believe Tonych would welcome a mature responsible, resourceful & resilient Community looking out for
his Brainchild's long term interests.

A Strong & Passionate Community is also Vital for the Best Roadmap to Emerge and Evolve.

A Roadmap is essential if we are to attract serious long term players.

But we need to be much stronger and less divided for that to happen. In My Opinion, We should work towards a kind
of "Constitution" for the ByteBall Platform. If we can begin to agree on a few things we can move
forward quickly and begin to add Essential Elements into our Roadmap and help Tonych build a great map of the future.

As a Community, we have a Vital Role - we must consider points of view outside of our own and be
willing to switch our support to a better argument when key choices and decisions need to be made.
I'm confident that when we as a Community are able to show that kind of maturity, we will truly be in a
position to conquer the world of Crypto with our Bytes.

Let's Begin this new chapter together by Resolving Two Key Issues as a Community Right Now. Today!

Allow me to explain...with a little story...

At a high level, beyond ByteBalls DAG technology, Distribution Strategy & Governance are the Ultimate Keys to the future.

If we accept the premise of centralization and the nature of the distributions as being key, a lot of
things begin to make sense. Especially Price Action.

Obviously the price has not done what most have been confidently predicting, and the poor price
performance versus some others has in turn prompted many to wonder why?

Quite a lot of selling was done from rivals and others of course, who just wanted to cash in,
but through the agonizing months of shocking declines, which never seemed to end, some began to wonder ...

Is it the dirty filthy sounding name that people don't like?
while others demand the Denomination be changed (to sucker in people who can't do math  Grin )

A lot seemed to want both.

Change Something! . . . they demand, in truth, because the price was not going up as they would have liked.

And when other Digital Assets of far lesser worth were doing so much better they knew exactly why...
It's the Name Dumbass. . . it's the Denomination Stoopid.

(So easy & fun to mock something isn't it)

Now I really don't mean to offend anyone, I know some of us have argued furiously for one side or the
other in the past, because on the surface, that's what it looks like. Had me fooled for a time.

But . . .
In fact, when you really think about it, the name is not bad at all - I definitely love that we own
Bytes, KBytes, MBytes & GBytes, and a "Ball of Bytes" called ByteBall is actually pretty cool also.

Sure, maybe we could come up with a better one, I like "Quirky" or "Quirk" myself,
- but frankly it's the least productive thing we could possibly do right now.
Same for changing the Denomination. (I prefer Bytes, But who cares? its fairly basic math)

The Real reason Byteball is heavily sold on every rally is because of the nature of the ByteBall
distributions & centralization. It is has been a "centralization" issue for a long time now and the
markets don't like the uncertainty - simple as that. Little or Nothing to do with the name or denomination.

ByteBall can and must build a Roadmap - What large ICO is going to want to join our party when some
fundamentally important elements are not yet in place?

Would you stake the next 5 - 10 years on a Platform that could not state what it's plans are for the
next six months, let alone the next year or two. Let alone the Next Decade? Ha.

Be under no illusion, Undistributed Bytes are an extremely powerful asset when coupled with a Roadmap
that is well thought out, fair, workable and delivers on its promises. Get it right and Bytes will
dominate with widespread viral adoption and use - get it wrong and we slowly, and then quickly die.

Under no circumstances should the Bytes be quickly distributed - we are not nearly strong enough for
that yet. The current path while inadequate, is a good beginning and addresses some very important areas,
and Tonych has stated that they are on the lookout for more. Let's help him find some - but there is no immediate urgency.

Those undistributed Bytes are key to Byteballs future. They are the most powerful asset ByteBall has.
It's fantastic that so many are still to be distributed.  In truth Tonych has done the right thing by
deciding to switch gears - the way it was done however was not well thought out. We'll have to do better next time.

Distributions should actually stretch out for a long time into the future - chasing the broadest
possible user base, with room to evolve as circumstances change. Couple that with a Strong Roadmap,
which outside of core protocols, is ultimately more and more Community driven,
and we will have an unstoppably viral crypto growing in every direction.

A large portion of remaining Bytes should be used to incentivize Byteballers to help grow the Platform
by Inviting others to participate and getting a bounty for doing so.

Those who are arguing for ultra ultra conservative distribution methods only,
are putting ByteBall at risk of missing the boat by being too conservative.
We should trial lots of different methods - see what works and what doesn't.
Most businesses are able to factor in a "cost of doing business" ByteBall must also be mature enough to do so.
We do not have endless time to get things right

Competitors are well entrenched in the race already. Look at what Dash is doing on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Augu01Z9tw
 - even sponsoring "truthy" journalists: https://youtu.be/VWbuNd64qoU?t=52s
It's working...

One of the reasons I first got involved in ByteBall is because I see Tonych as a decent honorable man
who tried and is still trying to do what he considers the right thing for his briliant invention.

I have no doubt that Tonych would absolutely love if we stopped bugging him about the Name and Denomination stuff,
and started to organize something he could embrace and work with - something that puts no demands on the protocol,
but allows for user input into certain aspects of ByteBall - like for example, a vote on exchange listings.

If Tonych cannot get on board with common sense things like this, then maybe we are actually in the wrong
investment. A world class Crypto must have liquidity!

(Sidenote: Can someone with some real knowledge tell me if its possible to vote from within the wallet - I'd love to know,
step by step how if possible. I'm sure it would cost a few Bytes to vote, but beyond that, I don't know.)

How about Cryptopia? We should have flown someone down there to fix things with a SSD already - It's
that important! A system needs to be in place to do everything possible to prevent bad things from
happening - these are some of the things a good Roadmap will address.

So Lets try to develop a consensus around these Two issues that have been dogging us for far too long.

The Name & Denomination have little to nothing to do with the price of the Asset.
Let's put these two issues firmly behing us. We'll do just fine with the name ByteBall.

If we can simply agree on these two things, we can move forward nicely and begin to work out the
details on other things.

Let's set about rebuilding trust and making it happen. Objective: A Strong & Vibrant Community, capable of
building and maintaining a non protocol level Governance, Maintenance & Marketing Structure to lead us
into the next decade and beyond. I for one, still have high hopes for the ByteBall project. It is still early days.
(But no time to waste!)

My credentials: I am Pinstripe on Bitcointalk and CryptoBest on Reddit.

I can't earn brownie points by pointing to some amazing code I wrote, but that doesn't mean I don't
have something to offer, if you consider +35 years of old school marketing and 20 years of Internet
Marketing of some value - I would hear me out if I were you.

Final thoughts:

I still believe that variations on the themes I presented here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg28085267#msg28085267
especially new merchant invitations, are some of the most powerful ways to grow the byteball platform,
and drive Marketing efforts going forward - as well as Rebuild the Community to world class levels.

Let's Find creative ways to Engage the Community to do the work, to the ByteBall Platforms extreme benefit.

Can't agree with you more.
Without a roadmap, there is no a way to have community follow.
Personal emotion or decision without considering the whole community will hurt the project.

How and when will the left coins be distributed?
I think it is good to distribute them asap, even with an ICO --- that's not an evil!
I support tony and his team to reserve a port of the left coin to develop and do the market.
Cent21

Activity: 1442
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:28:44 AM

Byteball android wallet is not working well, expecially regarding blackbytes.

Any chance that somebody could fit it? Is somebody atleast working on this, or the developement on android has stopped?

Thanks
bottacoin

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:56:29 PM

*** YES! We have a new rush trading champion ***

Congratulation to 4GYTFH who broke the previous 641 MBytes record !

780 MBytes 24h net profit with 5 contracts

https://binaryballs.com/common/img/winner.jpg

See contract details on stat page !

https://byteball.fr/bandeau.png

Denvane

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:22:19 PM

When I try to send GBB, my wallet says: "Too many authors." Considering splitting the payment into two units. ".
What could it be? How to fix it? I can not do the transaction.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:30:53 PM

Byteball android wallet is not working well
It's working fine for me. What exactly is not working well?

expecially regarding blackbytes
What issues do you have with black bytes on Android?

Any chance that somebody could fit it? Is somebody atleast working on this, or the developement on android has stopped?
Have you already reported the issues with more information?

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:35:33 PM

-doubleU-
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:04:24 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 12:41:30 AM by -doubleU-

When I try to send GBB, my wallet says: "Too many authors." Considering splitting the payment into two units. ".
What could it be? How to fix it? I can not do the transaction.
Seems you would send a great amount of GBB. Please try a payment with a lower amount of GBB. I guess you have to split the whole payment in two or more.
Tony explained this issue here https://github.com/byteball/byteball/issues/200

███████████████████████████
█████████▀▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀████████
█████▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀█████
████ █▀▄███████████▄▀██████
███▄█ ███████▀ ██████ █ ███
██▀█ ███  ▀▀█  ▀██████ █ ██
██ █ ████▄▄      ▀▀▀██ █ ██
██ █ █████▌        ▄██ ████
███▄█ █████▄▄   ▄▄███ █▀███
████▀█▄▀█████▌  ▀██▀▄█ ████
█████▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀▄█████
████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████████████████████
█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█  ▄  ▄▀▀ █   ▄▀█ ▀█▀ ▄▀▀ ▄███▄
█ █▀█ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀ ▀▀█ █   █ █  █  ▀▀█ ▀███▀
█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█     ▄▄▀ ▀▄▄ █▄▀  █  ▄▄▀   
                                        █
████████████████████████████████████ 
███▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀███ 
█▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀████▄
█ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ █████
█ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ █████
█▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄████▀
███▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████████████████████████████
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▐█████████████▌
▄█  █████████
▄█████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████  ███████████▀
▄█  ██████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████████▀
███████
█████████████████████
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:16:44 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1669443.msg31008062#msg31008062
bottacoin

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:10:01 AM

https://i.imgur.com/bXddQoE.png

Thanks for letting know. Yes we've got a problem with the ssl certificate that will be fixed asap...
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:56:26 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 07:06:31 AM by CryptKeeper

Join the Byteball Mistery - A hunt for a treasure worth 1.3 GB!

I'm thrilled to invite everyone to participate in The great Byteball Mystery! The puzzles are harder, the time required longer. So buckle up and hold on to your hats as you venture into this great mystery:

http://www.niebe.dk/byteball/byteball_mystery.php

Update:
The riddle has already been solved by user baron_sparon (Reddit) and the treasure was claimed. But you can still solve the riddle just for fun!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

Blackbytes Bytes Exchange BEEB is offering you 1,000,000 Bytes!

Buy and sale your BlackBytes on BEEB! - http://beeb-bot.com

Here is your link to receive 1,000,000 Bytes: http://www.beeb-bot.com/textcoinclaim.php#textcoin?fever-snap-blanket-throw-olive-drive-cycle-garlic-weird-lucky-stomach-climb

bottacoin

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 09:39:57 AM

https://i.imgur.com/bXddQoE.png

Thanks for letting know. Yes we've got a problem with the ssl certificate that will be fixed asap...

The ssl certificate issue has been fixed. You can now go and play!
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: