Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2019, 09:27:27 PM *
News: 10th anniversary art contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1180550 times)
fuk

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 02:47:12 PM

About the price, it is definitely best time than ever to acquire as many Bytes as possible
you repeat it from the moment you join the project  Cheesy
WEEKLY BONUS Unlimited Faucet&Fastest Dice PLINKO DICE CRASH ROULETTE PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
tarmo888

Activity: 378
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 05:23:22 PM

About the price, it is definitely best time than ever to acquire as many Bytes as possible
you repeat it from the moment you join the project  Cheesy

I don't remember saying that when the price was $275 per GBYTE (when I started contributing code to Obyte in April 2018), which IMHO should be fair price for it now, but thanks to FUDsters, it is much lower.
If I did say that when I became officially a part-time developer for Obyte in November 2018 then the prices was already 30-40 range, so it totally makes sense to repeat that, that's dirt cheap and you should get as much as you can at this price.

And maybe that's the difference of you and me - I contribute more code to it as the price goes down, You contribute more FUD as it goes down. And I thank you for that, more bytes to those who actually do something that benefits the project. It's just sad that your FUD is keeping away others from this opportunity, so the only ones who keep benefiting from insane amounts of prize money are the existing community members. https://medium.com/obyte/winners-of-the-first-round-of-the-autonomous-agents-developer-contest-bc8cbbe0d8b4
fuk

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 05:26:52 PM

that's dirt cheap and you should get as much as you can at this price.
Cheesy
bobq

Activity: 1008
Merit: 304

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 10:40:03 AM

Most of the activity is on Discord now.  A couple of news that we didn't cross-post to this forum yet:

1. Fabien Marino added to witness list of Obyte default hub
https://medium.com/obyte/fabien-marino-added-to-witness-list-of-obyte-default-hub-5e57865e04bc

It is good that new witnesses are added, but I guess nobody knows these people who are now becoming witnesses. This is not a problem as such, but if I remember well there was once upon a time the idea that also big institutions would partecipate as witnesses (or perhaps this was just in my mind)
Given that times are not mature for that, did you consider trying to get on board as a witness also people who are well known and trusted in the crypto community?
For example Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance, who has emerged as one of the quite respected leaders of this space, and has always shown interest towards new projects with new and interesting technology.

As for most of the activity being on Discord that's a pity, since Discord doesn't really leave a quite immutable trail of the history of the discussions like here on BCT. Best place would be a BCT moderated thread, so that any garbage can be filtered out but the meaningful discussions remain and can be read also in future.

tonych

Activity: 888
Merit: 812

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 10:56:27 PM

... but if I remember well there was once upon a time the idea that also big institutions would partecipate as witnesses

Correct, that was the original vision.  However it is not easy to get big institutions as witnesses, that's why decentralization is progressing so slowly.

Simplicity is beauty
tonych

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 11:00:23 PM

2. We are running a photo competition: Take a photo that features an O. Any O! The 3 best photos will be awarded a prize.

Details: https://medium.com/obyte/show-the-world-your-creative-talents-and-enter-the-obyte-summer-photo-competition-56dc3a170436

The competition is over, we saw a number of interesting entries, and the winners are named here:

https://medium.com/obyte/obyte-photo-competition-winner-annoucement-386133341ec1

Simplicity is beauty
pineapple express

Activity: 574
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 10:41:51 AM

The competition is over, we saw a number of interesting entries, and the winners are named here:
what was the point of this competition?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 10:47:12 AM

When you have nothing else to do, you start to make stupid things..
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 01:42:57 PM

I had an impression that everybody here is a marketing expert, but now people don't even recognize attempts of building brand engagement.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 01:52:14 PM

I had an impression that everybody here is a marketing expert, but now people don't even recognize attempts of building brand engagement.

"poor attempts of building brand engagement"
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 02:31:14 PM

That's just your "expert" opinion, man. Nearly 100 photos featuring something O-like was posted to dedicated #ophoto Discord channel, which based on how small Obyte community size is not a poor attempt.
pineapple express

Activity: 574
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 02:46:48 PM

That's just your "expert" opinion, man. Nearly 100 photos featuring something O-like was posted to dedicated #ophoto Discord channel, which based on how small Obyte community size is not a poor attempt.
what you have achieved? I mean... you get "ophoto", what next?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 03:40:39 PM

what you have achieved? I mean... you get "ophoto", what next?

I am glad you asked, this is what's next https://medium.com/obyte/whats-next-for-obyte-b495cfbb698
tonych

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 06:42:09 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Reminder, Episode 1 of the Obyte Community Radio Show starts in 1 hour 20 minutes at 20.00 UTC.

It will be streamed live on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYAjbxT5zHfeTtXe_hr9Gxg

Simplicity is beauty
tranthidung

Activity: 602
Merit: 743

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 02:14:18 AM
Merited by tyz (1)

Let's recap it, that Obyte:
- Don't use blocks
- Don't use miners
- Near-instant transactions
- No gatekeepers

Some usecases & advantages:
- Conditional smart payments
- Sovereign identity
- IoT Payment channels
- Supper developer-friendly
- P2P payments in chat
- Chatbox
- P2P betting

Source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYAjbxT5zHfeTtXe_hr9Gxg

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░
||
|
tonych

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 11:10:29 PM
Merited by tranthidung (1)

The winners of the 2nd round of the developer contest are announced:

https://medium.com/obyte/winners-of-the-second-round-of-the-obyte-autonomous-agents-developer-contest-c69e37dbf55

1st prize 140 GB and 422 GBB:
pmiklos — “Autonomous Subscription Service”

2nd prize 70 GB and 147.7 GBB:
Alvarlaigna — “EOS-like Crowdsale”

3rd prize 35 GB and 73.85 GBB:
hey_monkey — “The Attested Reputations Autonomous Agent”

Best tutorial 55 GB and 116.05 GBB:
Pmiklos — “Stateful Autonomous Agents”

The contest continues and the deadline for entries is August 29th, the winners of round 3 will be announced on September 1st.

Simplicity is beauty
CryptoRobert

Activity: 840
Merit: 287

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 05:43:50 PM

The winners of the 2nd round of the developer contest are announced:

https://medium.com/obyte/winners-of-the-second-round-of-the-obyte-autonomous-agents-developer-contest-c69e37dbf55

1st prize 140 GB and 422 GBB:
pmiklos — “Autonomous Subscription Service”

2nd prize 70 GB and 147.7 GBB:
Alvarlaigna — “EOS-like Crowdsale”

3rd prize 35 GB and 73.85 GBB:
hey_monkey — “The Attested Reputations Autonomous Agent”

Best tutorial 55 GB and 116.05 GBB:
Pmiklos — “Stateful Autonomous Agents”

The contest continues and the deadline for entries is August 29th, the winners of round 3 will be announced on September 1st.

This is a serious way to distribute bytes. It motivates people to develop useful tools for Obyte. The lottery on the contrary is an un-serious way to distibute bytes. Instead of rewarding developers, the lottery tends to attract and reward gamblers, ie people who do things in the hope of winning lotteries, probably the worse sort of public. Much better to destine resources to people with higher standards, like in this case.

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
    ▄▄█████████████▄▄           ▄▄██████████████████▄▄               ▄▄███████████████▀
  ▄███████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████████▄           ▄███████████████▀▀
 █████▀▀          ▀▀████    ▄█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▄       ▄██████▀▀
█████                ████  █████▀                     ▀████     █████▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
████                 ████ ▐████                         ████   ████▀     █ ▄▀▀▀▄ ▐▌
████                ▄████ ████                          ▐███▌ ▐███▌      ▀▄▀  ▄█ ▐▌
████              ▄▄████  ████                           ████ ████        ▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
████    ▄▄████████████▀   ▐███▌                         ▐███▌ ▐███▌      ▐▌ ▄▀▀
████  ▄████████████▀▀      ████▄                       ▄████   ████▄     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
████        █████▄          ▀████                    ▄█████     █████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████         ▀█████▄▄                            ▄▄██████▀       ▀██████▄▄
████           ▀███████████████████████████████████████▀           ▀██████████████████▄
▀██▀             ▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀                 ▀▀██████████████▀
In Partnership With

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐█▄  ▀▀▀▀███▌  ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██▀▀▀▀███▄
▐███▄     ▐██  ▐██          ██▌    ▀███
▐██▀     ▄███  ▐██▄▄▄▄      ██▌     ▀██▌
 ▀  ▄██████▀   ▐██▀▀▀▀      ██▌      ██▌
   ██▌ ▀██▌    ▐██          ██▌     ▄██▌
   ██▌  ▀██▄   ▐██          ██▌   ▄███▀
   ██▌   ▀███  ▐██████████  ████████▀
TUBE

▄▄██
        ▄▄██████
    ▄▄███▀▀█████
▄▄████▀ ▄▄█████
    █ ▄████████
    █ █▀   ▀███
             ▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄      ▄██████▀
▀███▄▄▄████████
▀█████████████▀
 ▀███████████▀
▄▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀█████▀▀

▄████▌
  ████▀▀
 ▄████▄▄
▐███████
  ████
  ████
  ████
  ▀██▀

▀█████       ████▀
  █████     ████▌
  █▐████   █▐███▌
  █ ▐████ █ ▐███▌
  █  ▐████  ▐███▌
  █   ▐██   ▐███▌
▄███▄  ▀   ▄█████▄

xenon131

Activity: 854
Merit: 624

making something real from dark matter

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 12:44:03 PM

~
- IoT Payment channels

Well, there has been much talk and discussion on the synergy of Obyte and IoT. Is there any real application of the Obyte-IoT technology  or it is on talking-grade level yet? P.S. Having  fingers crossed I'm still keeping in my wallet   Obyte   coins gotten during a few first airdrops for btc and byteball holders.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 03:18:28 PM

~
- IoT Payment channels

Well, there has been much talk and discussion on the synergy of Obyte and IoT. Is there any real application of the Obyte-IoT technology  or it is on talking-grade level yet? P.S. Having  fingers crossed I'm still keeping in my wallet   Obyte   coins gotten during a few first airdrops for btc and byteball holders.

Some demos are already built, some demos will be built during next 2 weeks, hopefully these can be announced in September. There is already a wallet released on Play Store, which is focused on IoT devices and supports payment channels, but it's currently only for TESTNET https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ws.biot.wallet2
CryptoRobert

Activity: 840
Merit: 287

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 02:14:59 PM

Obyte's model of airdrop distribution was based on the correct assumption that the value of a network grows according to growth of its nodes - as stated in Metcalfe's law.
However, as we've learnt reality is more complex than that and the only hope to grasp some of it is through a multidisciplinary approach.
One factor which was missing in this equation is "skin in the game", without which apparently a node in crypto is not a real node. I've written an extensive piece of this aspect in the Ivory Tower of this forum, and I'm quoting Obyte there too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5174190

Please those interested give it a read and let's realize that a node is not a real node if it doesn't truly share the "dangers" of the network. Obyte is an amazing tech, and in time most of those who are holding bytes - nodes - without any skin in the game will likely hand them over to players willing to put their skin in the game and this will finally cause the rise in monetary value we all are patiently waiting for. But to speed up it's rise we'd have to think at ways to increase the levels of "skin in the game" of the new players.
The currently distribution by a way of a lottery is even more silly than a fair distribution to holders because it's adding zero skin in the game to the system. Just waisted time and energies IMHO. High level bounties rewarding real value contributions by the community would surely be a much wiser approach. Other ways to add skin in the game could and should be imagined. PoW coins have miners who have to continuosly put skin in the game to run the show and which it's what's rapidly causing value in those networks. We don't need miners in Obyte - which is good - but we'd need to find other alternative sources of skin in the game. Let's realize that a monetary system is not only an algorithmic system, but also a sociological one, and let's act accordingly.

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
    ▄▄█████████████▄▄           ▄▄██████████████████▄▄               ▄▄███████████████▀
  ▄███████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████████▄           ▄███████████████▀▀
 █████▀▀          ▀▀████    ▄█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▄       ▄██████▀▀
█████                ████  █████▀                     ▀████     █████▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
████                 ████ ▐████                         ████   ████▀     █ ▄▀▀▀▄ ▐▌
████                ▄████ ████                          ▐███▌ ▐███▌      ▀▄▀  ▄█ ▐▌
████              ▄▄████  ████                           ████ ████        ▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
████    ▄▄████████████▀   ▐███▌                         ▐███▌ ▐███▌      ▐▌ ▄▀▀
████  ▄████████████▀▀      ████▄                       ▄████   ████▄     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
████        █████▄          ▀████                    ▄█████     █████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████         ▀█████▄▄                            ▄▄██████▀       ▀██████▄▄
████           ▀███████████████████████████████████████▀           ▀██████████████████▄
▀██▀             ▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀                 ▀▀██████████████▀
In Partnership With

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐█▄  ▀▀▀▀███▌  ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██▀▀▀▀███▄
▐███▄     ▐██  ▐██          ██▌    ▀███
▐██▀     ▄███  ▐██▄▄▄▄      ██▌     ▀██▌
 ▀  ▄██████▀   ▐██▀▀▀▀      ██▌      ██▌
   ██▌ ▀██▌    ▐██          ██▌     ▄██▌
   ██▌  ▀██▄   ▐██          ██▌   ▄███▀
   ██▌   ▀███  ▐██████████  ████████▀
TUBE

▄▄██
        ▄▄██████
    ▄▄███▀▀█████
▄▄████▀ ▄▄█████
    █ ▄████████
    █ █▀   ▀███
             ▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄      ▄██████▀
▀███▄▄▄████████
▀█████████████▀
 ▀███████████▀
▄▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀█████▀▀

▄████▌
  ████▀▀
 ▄████▄▄
▐███████
  ████
  ████
  ████
  ▀██▀

▀█████       ████▀
  █████     ████▌
  █▐████   █▐███▌
  █ ▐████ █ ▐███▌
  █  ▐████  ▐███▌
  █   ▐██   ▐███▌
▄███▄  ▀   ▄█████▄

Pages: « 1 ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.