Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:01:53 PM

O'rama, be nice: can you give us a hint of hashrate? What kind of ASIC will it be?

There will be more info tomo. Figures have been mentioned, but I'm not going to steal anyone else's thunder. They're working hard for this, 20nm is just being released for commercial use, and we'll be one of the first companies in the world to half-step down to this process node. The figures have to make sense, Alchip flew here Friday week before last, and we are proceeding with the design.

?
How late should I expect delivery of these products
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:11:14 PM

Hello Jupiter Owners. (also other miners may pitch in as well)

Anyone got a Temperature reader/gun.

Any chance you could measure the Temperature of the PCI cables, seen another post for a Bitfury thingy where a PCI cable burnt out.

I have Just Measured mine, running at 28c, 30c , 35c , 40c. Measured where it connects to the Jupiter PCI-e extension cable.

Ambient Temp for the Room is 26c.

Cheers

C_C  
jxz

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:16:56 PM

A question for those with November orders.   When I log in to the knc site, on my common information tab, it shows my customer group as "Upgrade Modules".   Is this how it reads for everything or is something on my account screwed up?

Edit to add: My order still is listed as paid status, I'm in the 106XX range.
Mine says the same and its order 102xx

Mine says the same.

102xx and "Upgrade modules" I think they changed us to that group just before they had the flashmob sale of upgrade modules.

btw, I don't think I said it at the time, but just for those of you that missed out on the upgrade modules, I think they should have been limited to only Saturn and Mercury buyers, even though I didn't have either model.

Thanks all for the confirmaion.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:01:04 PM

O'rama, be nice: can you give us a hint of hashrate? What kind of ASIC will it be?

There will be more info tomo. Figures have been mentioned, but I'm not going to steal anyone else's thunder. They're working hard for this, 20nm is just being released for commercial use, and we'll be one of the first companies in the world to half-step down to this process node. The figures have to make sense, Alchip flew here Friday week before last, and we are proceeding with the design.

?
How late should I expect delivery of these products

Good question...  "Early 2014" is kinda what we already knew... and pretty vague...
but I do especially like "Orders opening Soon"....oyeah!...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:08:47 PM

The power line could be the problem indeed. As for PSU I'm using 2 X Enermax Maxrevo 1500W (gold), one powering the Jupiter, the other powering the 2 saturns. They have 4 12V rails available for PCI-e and I simply use one rail for each module.
My Jupiter runs just fine on 0.98.1 beta and it ran fine on 0.99 since release until today, when I found it running with all die #0 offline so i switched back to 0.98.1 beta. Just the 2 Saturns seems to have been affected. They still run "ok" with only die #0 offline on 0.98.
By the way, both PSU's are getting power from the same line.

By 4 rails for the PCI-E do you mean that not only are the individual 12v lines separate but that they have independent grounds?  Independent grounding could cause difficulties.
KGBSlim

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CoinSlingin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:10:33 PM

KnC is, and was apparently the only good choice in this market! Im excited about the news but it wont sink in until my Jupiter is up and running. This Thanksgiving I am thankful that it isnt a holiday in Sweden and KnC wont miss out on precious time getting the November orders all out!

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
kronut

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:17:00 PM

My big question would be: is KNC going to offer any kind of discounts for the late October delivery customers, the ones that suffered the big losses? I mean, I personally paid $131200 at current exchange rate for 1Th/s

Learn to hedge.  That is an 'all-in' mentality that will always leave you chasing bets

Perhaps it would of been better to buy one Jupiter and keep the rest in BTC?  But then you probably would of sold that BTC a couple months ago when it doubled and then said more coulda shouldas

I'll be as honest as possible with my reply: I bought my miners first of all hoping to get a profit in BTC (I was terribly wrong, helped a bit by KNC production delays that were affecting the late customers much harder than the ones at the beginning of the queue) and secondly for the thrill of mining Smiley Kind of expensive caprice I'd say... I'm currently sitting on a nice amount of BTC that I started buying long ago, back when the exchange rate was abour $10/BTC. I still have NO intention to sell them as I strongly believe BTC is still going to get value.
If there are miners out there willing to take losses in BTC for the sake of $ gains, my offer still stands: send me 100 BTC now and I promise I'll send you back 60 BTC once the value of BTC doubles. No hassle, no electricity cost, no hardware failures!

This is the elephant in the room for us October buyers, if you paid in BTC, you will never see that BTC back or make any amount of profit if your hardware got delivered past October 15th. In fact if you bought BTC with what you paid for your miner, you would be much better off, except everyone seems to ignore this.

I really like mining, but I admit it would have been better to hold or buy that BTC at this point.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:20:43 PM

Best to pay in fiat, and keep your coins.  Look at the Trezor.  I ordered one of those, and now it's worth $800, and it hasn't even shipped yet.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:20:55 PM

Great news, 20nm!
Bad news 'Orders opening soon'!

Bitcoinorama, in hope I get not ignored I'd like to ask the following:

1) Why is the pre-order game continuing ?
     Didn't they collect enough money to fund the next gen ?!

Apparently not. To be blunt, and not sugar coat, the funding for 20nm is considerably greater than 28nm. If you are confident of your ability to deliver and the possibility exists to raise it, why wouldn't you? Would you rather they pay for it themselves and keep the tech for themselves? Mining for themselves? They want to be fair, but the are running a business, and the game is one of survival.

2) Do you have to pay the full price when opening the order books or is it like pay 10-20% up front and then the rest when it's close to shipping...?

Almost assuredly full price. No one is going to deal with chasing payments, especially after so many tried to game the VAT situation, by abstaining from payment and then complaining that they are at the back of the queue. Order queue is based in payment date.

3) How much will they approximately cost ? Would be very nice to get a clue before you actually have to pay..

Price will be released tomorrow, NRE is higher, consequently to remain competitive hashrate will have to be greater as well.

4) ANY advantage for the early investors who took a high risk and making KnCMiner's success possible in first place ?

This has been discussed and past customers will be given first refusal.

5) Will there be another batch of upgrade boards for October gen ?

Again this has been discussed, I won't make promises, depends on similar criteria to before.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

No worries bro, and I'm aware you have sent me a series of Q's in PMs, you are not the only one I will try to answer them shortly...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
isimme

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:24:50 PM

What I tried to underline is that:
a) I have no idea what caused my Saturns problems, my Jupiter running on the same line and same PSU type was not affected
b) The Saturns came with all boards affected by die #0 issue, (same as my Jupiter), they are running with die #0 off on 0.98
c) Both Saturns ran pretty well on 0.98.1 beta, one of them easily powering all dies, the other required more heat and was really hard to keep all dies powered on
d) Once 0.99 was released, i switched all my machines to it and for a day or two, they were running the same as on 0.98.1 beta
e) All of a sudden, both Saturns became affected with disabled cores, but in a different way: one of them simply has all cores disabled at startup (and keeps them like that) on 0.98.1 beta or official and 0.99. The other one starts normally, but after a while almost all cores on the same ASIC (coincidence?), the lower one on the web interface, gets disabled, only 0-5 cores remaining enabled on each die. Again, disabled cores are present on just one ASIC, the lower one in the web interface page.
This started at a day or 2 after 0.99 and the problem remained even after hard reset and affecting 0.98.1 as well, beta or official.
f) Both Saturns run normally (with their die #0 issue) on 0.98

My guess was that 0.99 FW somehow caused this issue, but it just persists now on 0.98.1 as well.
I initially had a similar issue with FW 0.99.
This was my fix:

1. Try flashing FW 0.90
2. Do a hard reset either via KnC recommended 5 push/5sec/5push reset or
    hold reset button about 30 sec until red light flashes
3. Pull power wait 30 sec and plug power back in
4. Enable-cores
5. Run for an hour or so despite speed not being ideal unless speed is nothing
6. Upgrade back up to FW 0.98.1 Beta
7. Hard Reset and Hard Power Cycle 30 Sec
8. If after rebooting and a hour of running speed does not seem ideal
    run enable-cores(sometimes you have to rerun enable-cores multiple times, 3 seems the average for me)

(if after all 8 steps it doesn't work try again from step 1 using FW 0.94)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These machines are extremely fickle
sometimes requiring multi boots, resets, and FW flashes
to stabilize/optimize performance but
what do you expect with leading edge hardware and
would you of rather waited for more stable(tested) hardware and lost significant profits..

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

Great news, 20nm!
Bad news 'Orders opening soon'!

Bitcoinorama, in hope I get not ignored I'd like to ask the following:

1) Why is the pre-order game continuing ?
     Didn't they collect enough money to fund the next gen ?!

Apparently not. To be blunt, and not sugar coat, the funding for 20nm is considerably greater than 28nm. If you are confident of your ability to deliver and the possibility exists to raise it, why wouldn't you? Would you rather they pay for it themselves and keep the tech for themselves? Mining for themselves? They want to be fair, but the are running a business, and the game is one of survival.

2) Do you have to pay the full price when opening the order books or is it like pay 10-20% up front and then the rest when it's close to shipping...?

Almost assuredly full price. No one is going to deal with chasing payments, especially after so many tried to game the VAT situation, by abstaining from payment and then complaining that they are at the back of the queue. Order queue is based in payment date.

3) How much will they approximately cost ? Would be very nice to get a clue before you actually have to pay..

Price will be released tomorrow, NRE is higher, consequently to remain competitive hashrate will have to be greater as well.

4) ANY advantage for the early investors who took a high risk and making KnCMiner's success possible in first place ?

This has been discussed and past customers will be given first refusal.

5) Will there be another batch of upgrade boards for October gen ?

Again this has been discussed, I won't make promises, depends on similar criteria to before.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

No worries bro, and I'm aware you have sent me a series of Q's in PMs, you are not the only one I will try to answer them shortly...

Just two questions.

What kind of first refusal will we (day 1 and 2 customers, who payed in the 7 days windows) have?

When will the order book open?

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

The order book will likely open either tomorrow, or in the coming days.

Not sure what you mean by what kind of refusal? In any case wait and see at the point of announcement.

Dare say it will be first come first served to previous customers for a designated period of time. I have no idea of there is a limit, or whether there's a reseller program. Though of there is please use the reseller link in my sig. Ta v.much Wink

btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:34:29 PM

Bitcoinorama, thank you for the clarifying (and satisfying) answers Smiley

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:40:58 PM

That what happens wen you try to delete a huuuge chunk of text on an iPhone so you don't pollute the thread...Wink

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:44:17 PM

The order book will likely open either tomorrow, or in the coming days.

Not sure what you mean by what kind of refusal? In any case wait and see at the point of announcement.

Dare say it will be first come first served to previous customers for a designated period of time. I have no idea of there is a limit, or whether there's a reseller program. Though of there is please use the reseller link in my sig. Ta v.much Wink

Sorry mate, my bad English.

So I'll try to ask it again. What kind of preferrence will the early buyers have? If they have?

For example who had a day1 or day2 order at the begining they'll give the same condition or something like that.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:48:58 PM

day 1/2 customers should have no advantage over the rest of October customers, in my opinion. Day 1/2 customers were compensated enough by receiving their miners early and mining more bitcoin.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:49:36 PM

The photos with the control boards is from November Jupiter???
RenHoek

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:54:05 PM

day 1/2 customers should have no advantage over the rest of October customers, in my opinion. Day 1/2 customers were compensated enough by receiving their miners early and mining more bitcoin.

+1

Esst mehr Scheisse, millionen Fliegen können nicht irren!  Cool
For this valueable Tip your ฿ Donation to:
1DNbwKGmQytSY69TuK9fLFQVXQjnVw18pY
Textplorer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

What the fuck... Why should you guys (previous customers) have a advantage?.. *stunned*  Huh
Is it not enough that you were first and mined some coins on the first round of KnC miners?

First come, first serve <-- The only fair thing to do.

... or are you scared of the competition? (Can´t see any other logical explanation)  Grin
KGBSlim

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CoinSlingin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:58:33 PM

What the fuck... Why should you guys (previous customers) have a advantage?.. *stunned*  Huh
Is it not enough that you were first and mined some coins on the first round of KnC miners?

First come, first serve <-- The only fair thing to do.

... or are you scared of the competition? (Can´t see any other logical explanation)  Grin

Nice Sig! No wonder youre so hostile! lol

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
Pages: « 1 ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: