Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:25:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:32:24 PM

Lol, remember if you have a blackout your connection goes down and mining doesn't do anything.

ETA Stupid 6 minute wait between posts.

I'll go for the cost benefit analysis route then. If you buy multiple UPS devices large enough to keep mining perpetually through a long blackout you will have spent more than the difference you would make mining at that time. If you live in a place where your power is out often enough for that to not be true, you should be looking at a backup generator system already just to enjoy living or working there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:34:35 PM

Lol, remember if you have a blackout your connection goes down and mining doesn't do anything.

That isn't always true. I get internet via a cable connection, and have my cable modem and router hooked up to a UPS backup. When the power goes out, I can continue to surf the internet until the UPS backup dies.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:41:08 PM

I meant the person who creates the pool software. I get how the node works. Also, the block difficulty is the same for all the pools but wouldn't strong machines working on "harder" solutions to the block end up solving them more often?

"Q: Why does my miner say it has found a lot of shares but p2pool say I have only found a few?!
A: The real P2Pool difficulty is hundreds of times higher than on normal pools, but p2pool essentially lies to your miner and tells it to work on relatively easy shares so that it submits shares every few seconds instead of every few hours. P2Pool then ignores any submitted shares that don't match the real share difficulty. By doing this, P2Pool can more accurately report your local hash rate and you can see if you are having problems with too many stale shares quickly"

Wouldn't that increased difficulty increase the luck of the pool?

Well, p2pool is opensource, and has been around for a good while.  The author, forrestv, is a reputable member of the bitcoin community, as far as I can tell.

The meaning of the question you quote is that most pools set a share difficulty which is relatively low (probably somewhere in the range of 64-512 for KnC miners), and it sets your payout based on how many of those shares you submit versus others also mining on the pool.  P2Pool doesn't work that way.  It actually has its own block chain, and each block has a difficulty that is considerably higher than the traditional share difficulty, but still much lower than the bitcoin network difficulty (currently this difficulty is in the 300K - 450K range), and your payout is based on how many of those blocks you solve relative to other miners.

People mining on P2Pool typically don't have machines that are any 'stronger' than people mining on any other pool.  They use the same hardware as people mining on other pools.  The block solutions for the P2Pool blocks are harder than typical pool shares, but that doesn't have any effect on how many actual bitcoin blocks get mined by the pool.

I think this has already wandered way off topic for this thread, so if anyone has any more questions about p2pool, we should probably take it to the appropriate thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:44:55 PM

I've accepted how far off topic this thread is everyday and choose to embrace it Smiley
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:46:35 PM

That isn't always true. I get internet via a cable connection, and have my cable modem and router hooked up to a UPS backup. When the power goes out, I can continue to surf the internet until the UPS backup dies.

Your internet will work during a blackout and give miners a better chance of reconnecting. The most benefit is if your breaker blows where your router is plugged in though.

You could put a cheap wifi remote power switch on your miners and restart them while your away. Which would require a ups on your router. It would be a lot better then a ups for your miners. A extra 5 minutes of mining when the power goes out is never going to be cost effective.
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:52:23 PM

I've accepted how far off topic this thread is everyday and choose to embrace it Smiley

That is a very Zen attitude brother Smiley  I will strive to reach your level of enlightenment Wink

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:07:45 PM

Your internet will work during a blackout and give miners a better chance of reconnecting. The most benefit is if your breaker blows where your router is plugged in though.

You could put a cheap wifi remote power switch on your miners and restart them while your away. Which would require a ups on your router. It would be a lot better then a ups for your miners. A extra 5 minutes of mining when the power goes out is never going to be cost effective.

Another benefit is most of the nice ones will smooth out and clean the electricity for you, along with giving you 5 minutes of extra uptime. The uptime is also nice if you have to rearrange wiring for some reason. There are benefits, but it's not going to keep you going when the electricity is "truly out".

dracore

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:27:17 PM

Another benefit is most of the nice ones will smooth out and clean the electricity for you, along with giving you 5 minutes of extra uptime. The uptime is also nice if you have to rearrange wiring for some reason. There are benefits, but it's not going to keep you going when the electricity is "truly out".

I don't know if this issue exists on KnC miners, but if you don't shut down properly on say.. BitFury, it could leave the file system in an unstable state.  When you restart, it will attempt to fsck and repair the file system.... which usually just screws up the entire file system and you need to reimage the OS from scratch.

So yes, having a UPS to prevent unexpected shutdowns and file system corruption is important to me.
isimme

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:47:33 PM

@xyzzy099
     I love the idea of p2pool but I keep hearing there are issues with KnC Miners.
     Any stability issues for you?
     Is it possible to merge mine(nmc,ixc,dvc) with p2pool and if so how difficult is it to set it up with your own node?

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:49:42 PM

Much much better the November Jupiter from October Jupiter
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:57:00 PM

@xyzzy099
     I love the idea of p2pool but I keep hearing there are issues with KnC Miners.
     Any stability issues for you?
     Is it possible to merge mine(nmc,ixc,dvc) with p2pool and if so how difficult is it to set it up with your own node?

I have not had any issues with stability.

If you are running your own node, you can merge-mine any coins that are merge-mineable, but you are effectively solo-mining those coins.

elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:20:40 PM

November order received today. Order placed October 6th. All I can say is the November Jupiters rock!!!

Performing better than anticipated. Thanks KNC!!
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

That's the point so many miss. The October Jupiter was a prototype. They relied on it working. If it's didn't - knc would be bust or in prison. People think it's some proof they are an amazing company, but the company who pulled it together don't even appear to be related to the 20nm project (i.e. Orsoc). All knc did was lie and decieve and ship late and faulty goods to many customers who paid a premium and refuse to rectify that without it costing the customer a few extra grand.

The November Jup had a month worth of refining and tweaking. It's hardly surprising it's better.

But the real thing that is interesting is - if they spent a month refining the jupiter - will they shelve this product?

You'd almost bet 99:1 they will continue to sell a successful, refined product.

It'll be a real sickening marketing twist if they decide to kill it for the sole purpose of pumping nepturd sales for delivery in 7 months from now.

Considering how greedy knc are, you'd expect them to sell another batch or three of Jupiters. I guess they are stuck in the position between wanting to be greedy and cash in on functioning jupiter design. Or getting greedy for $13k orders for something they can sit on the money for another 7 months.

It'll give them a break from lying about all Nov deliveries going out 15th November, before end of November, definitely first week of December, maybe some time next week.

All you suckers who think a company who have NOT MADE ANY DELIVERY DEADLINES - Not September, Not October, Not fire sale rma boards and Not November units who think they will deliver in April or May or June 2014 or any time in Q2 are smoking crack and just can't see the difference between the lies knc spread and what they actually DO.

Frankly, the fact they have said nothing since the lie on their newsletter on the 25th (10 days ago) where they made the bs claim "We aim to have all the November boxes shipped before the end of the month" is a disgrace. Who can take these bs lies any more, after all the lies they have spread for the last 3 months about when they will and what they will deliver?

The fact their company shill has gone into hiding for the last 5 days, even though the last time *it* logged in was just a few hours ago shows this is a shit company who rely on keeping customers in the dark.

It seems people enjoy being treated like mushrooms, rather than having the backbone to mention the fact they are losing thousands of dollars as they wait in the dark for the goods they paid a premium for to sometime, somewhere, somehow actually ship when paid and promised.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 10:36:59 PM

That's the point so many miss. The October Jupiter was a prototype. They relied on it working. If it's didn't - knc would be bust or in prison. People think it's some proof they are an amazing company, but the company who pulled it together don't even appear to be related to the 20nm project (i.e. Orsoc). All knc did was lie and decieve and ship late and faulty goods to many customers who paid a premium and refuse to rectify that without it costing the customer a few extra grand.

The November Jup had a month worth of refining and tweaking. It's hardly surprising it's better.

But the real thing that is interesting is - if they spent a month refining the jupiter - will they shelve this product?

It'll be a real sickening marketing twist if they decide to kill it for the sole purpose of pumping nepturd sales for delivery in 7 months from now.

Considering how greedy knc are, you'd expect them to sell another batch or three of Jupiters. I guess they are stuck in the position between wanting to be greedy and cash in on functioning jupiter design. Or getting greedy for $13k orders for something they can sit on the money for another 7 months.

It'll give them a break from lying about all Nov deliveries going out 15th November, before end of November, definitely first week of December, maybe some time next week.

All you suckers who think a company who have NOT MADE ANY DELIVERY DEADLINES - Not September, Not October, Not fire sale rma boards and Not November units who think they will deliver in April or May or June 2014 or any time in Q2 are smoking crack and just can't see the difference between the lies knc spread and what they actually DO.

Frankly, the fact they have said nothing since the lie on their newsletter on the 25th (10 days ago) where they made the bs claim "We aim to have all the November boxes shipped before the end of the month" is a disgrace. Who can take these bs lies any more, after all the lies they have spread for the last 3 months about when they will and what they will deliver?

The fact their company shill has gone into hiding for the last 5 days, even though the last time *it* logged in was just a few hours ago shows this is a shit company who rely on keeping customers in the dark.

It seems people enjoy being treated like mushrooms, rather than having the backbone to mention the fact they are losing thousands of dollars as they wait in the dark for the goods they paid a premium for to sometime, somewhere, somehow actually ship when paid and promised.

What you on about I ordered a 650GH@28nm asic on November 11th 2013 and its shipped already.  In bitcoinland that's groundbreaking.  About the Neptunes well KNC have a very good track record.  Their first Jupiters were only a week or so late and again in bitcoinland that is groundbreaking.  What is your trolling needed for?  Are you a paid shill perhaps?

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:41:57 PM

Waaaahhh...  Aim to have all november boxes shipped before the end of the month, and the end of the november shipments are being shipped today or tomorrow. I'll take a 5 day window on this without a problem thanks, compared to many months of delays for other manufacturers. I wish I'd been certain of this purchase before buying, I'd have ordered 10 more. I do hope they open up jupiter sales again, I'd buy them at 5k all day.
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:47:06 PM

When I bought the November batch, it was rated at 550 and it wasn't until a week or two later that the improved specs were announced. The 5 day delay in shipping is nothing, and I agree. If they offered more Jupiters at $5k in the next month to 6 weeks, I'd buy another 2.

Nothing but a satisfied customer here.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:47:56 PM

Buyer of the Nov Jup's had sent UPS return label....   Wow...I was able to send it mainland right from the back of the truck! He taped it right over the old label....wah-lah! No driving 50 miles & waiting in xmas lines,..... so cool!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:22:40 PM

Buyer of the Nov Jup's had sent UPS return label....   Wow...I was able to send it mainland right from the back of the truck! He taped it right over the old label....wah-lah! No driving 50 miles & waiting in xmas lines,..... so cool!

Smiley
CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:25:42 PM

Now that you know the address of the top secret ASIC facility let's assemble the team  Grin
I will bring the explosives  Shocked
The Avenger

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:40:39 PM

What you on about I ordered a 650GH@28nm asic on November 11th 2013 and its shipped already.  In bitcoinland that's groundbreaking.  About the Neptunes well KNC have a very good track record.  Their first Jupiters were only a week or so late and again in bitcoinland that is groundbreaking.  What is your trolling needed for?  Are you a paid shill perhaps?
I'm the shill ghost of Christmas future and I'll be back in April, May and June 2014 to laugh in the Q2 face of people's misheld belief in kfc's ability and trustworthiness.

Waaaahhh...  Aim to have all november boxes shipped before the end of the month, and the end of the november shipments are being shipped today or tomorrow. I'll take a 5 day window on this without a problem thanks, compared to many months of delays for other manufacturers. I wish I'd been certain of this purchase before buying, I'd have ordered 10 more. I do hope they open up jupiter sales again, I'd buy them at 5k all day.
You are a bit too stupid to realise you were promised shipping starting 15th Nov - I think you'll find that was 21 days ago, not 5.

But hey Rick James - cocaine is a helluva drug. Smoke the knc crack pipe, it'll be 6 more months before you can see you were screwed. Like I really care Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Pages: « 1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: