Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:58:48 PM

just received this email from KNC...

Dear KnCMiner reseller.

We would like to inform you that we have launched the reseller portal, you can now login to the following address: http://reseller.kncminer.com  using the details below:

Email:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx

Password: xxxXXxxxXX

If you have any questions or doubts please do not hesitate in contacting support at: customerservice@kncminer.com

Regards

KnCMiner team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:02:58 PM

Could you use the flat bar (on the processor side) and the integrated bracket that came unglued to make a sandwich around the heatpipes?  Then use a c-clamp or locking pliers (vise-grips) to squeeze all four pipes back into proper alignment?
Just use a full tube of thermal paste! That'll fix it right up! lol

or you could just buy a new one.

to easy.. job done  Wink

That's crazy talk, man!  Just too damn easy for these hardy young DIYers Cheesy  He could save a couple bucks if he doesn't cook this expensive piece of almost irreplaceable electronic equipment  Lol Cheesy

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
rallasnackbar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:07:20 PM

I wonder what have UPS been doing with the package. Play football?

Just watch the latest video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFjzb-sbH8
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:09:13 PM

Could you use the flat bar (on the processor side) and the integrated bracket that came unglued to make a sandwich around the heatpipes?  Then use a c-clamp or locking pliers (vise-grips) to squeeze all four pipes back into proper alignment?

to easy.. job done  Wink

That's crazy talk, man!  Just too damn easy for these hardy young DIYers Cheesy  He could save a couple bucks if he doesn't cook this expensive piece of almost irreplaceable electronic equipment  Lol Cheesy

Actually I already ordered one for the damaged that came from Phoenix. I will try to fix the November damaged cooler and if I don't success I will order another one.
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:30:49 PM

Could you use the flat bar (on the processor side) and the integrated bracket that came unglued to make a sandwich around the heatpipes?  Then use a c-clamp or locking pliers (vise-grips) to squeeze all four pipes back into proper alignment?

to easy.. job done  Wink

Actually I already ordered one for the damaged that came from Phoenix. I will try to fix the November damaged cooler and if I don't success I will order another one.

Yes, I certainly agree with a new cooler.  My suggestion was meant as a temp/bridging solution.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:38:18 PM

question

november jupiter with case on or case off
runs better???/
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:39:23 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 07:03:23 PM by Bogart

I tried forcing the pipes by hand to allign so they make a flat surface, but they are not moving and I am afraid that if I apply too much force I can do even more damage.
I might get a small hammer, put a piece of rubber or other cushioning material and hit the end of the piper on the top of the cooler downwards.

That's a precision machined surface.  You will never be able to get it flat enough by hand.  Just buy a new cooler, and hopefully, get KnC to reimburse you for the damaged one.

You could take it to a machine shop and have them mill it flat again for you.

Or, as others have suggested, just order a replacement.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:41:44 PM

question

november jupiter with case on or case off
runs better???/

I dunno - I'm waiting for UPS as we speak. Hopefully I know the answer soon.  Grin

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:43:19 PM

So received my Nov Jupiter.

Can't connect to machine by either SSH or webpage.  It is assigned an IP address just can't connect. Even ping gets no response but not sure if the BBB is setup to respond to ping.

If I disconnect all 4 ASIC boards I can connect to the host and access web gui with no issues.  
Reconnect the ASIC boards, can't connect.  
Tried connecting just one ASIC board with same results.
Tried two different power supplies with the same results.

Anyone had anything like this or am I just SOL?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:44:23 PM

Could you use the flat bar (on the processor side) and the integrated bracket that came unglued to make a sandwich around the heatpipes?  Then use a c-clamp or locking pliers (vise-grips) to squeeze all four pipes back into proper alignment?

to easy.. job done  Wink

Indeed strange. The cooler that was separately wrapped, is the one I bought from Amazon, and brand-new. I'm guessing that one of the attached coolers got forced backward/forward during shipping in a violent drop or something...  the weight of the loose cooler may have added to the weight of the cooler it was next to, causing the bend during a drop. Or even was a defect, and I never saw it.  I crammed as much bubble wrap as I could humanly fit into the box...Next time, no extra stuff in the case...  sorry to hear Cypher.  You got such a super deal though, it should be no problem for a heatsink...  The entire box was  insured for 10 grand... but a 30 dollar claim would hardly be worth it. I'm actually kinda jealous that the "finicky" extra  board is ace now, and totally scratching my head..... which for me, adds further speculation to the heatsink....       tunung suite?
You da man Cypher!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:51:36 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

What the bloody did you do? All you have to do is swap cables.

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.

For this reason I think the plugs having both a jumper and a power resistor to the 3v line are a very good bet.  I know you followed instructions, but did you put in the jumper then fire up the supply and check that the voltage was there on the 12V, then shut down the supply, plug the power supply into the Jupiter, then switch on the supply?

If my theory that the current ramp, preventing current surge producing a voltage spike sufficient to blow the caps, the current ramp to ramp up current on the 12V line is actually controlled by a voltage ramp of 0 to 1V produced on the 3.3V line (because the 3.3V will be up to regulated voltage before the 5V or 12V) then putting in the jumper, turning on the supply to check if the jumper is correct and voltage being supplied, then shut down before plugging into Jupiter, since the supply expects that it is plugged into a motherboard having a load on the 3.3V line, it expects that when the supply is turned off the 3.3V line filter capacitors will drain out thru the motherboard.  That can't happen without a motherboard or a resistor to ground from the 3.3V line as well as the jumper.  

So, if  you check the jumper was correctly placed by looking for 12V on the 12V line, then shut down, plugged the supply into the Jupiter, and turned it on, the supply 3.3V line never drained and still had full voltage on its filter caps and the timed ramp voltage that controlled the ramp for the 12v current had remained at max, as if already having timed out its ramp, and BANG, instant max current.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:55:40 PM

That's it.... I'm selling my Corsair ax1200's... remember the HX series before?  I'm abandoning Corsair.
Too coincidental. Scary, because I always did the jumper test first, just as soy describes.. and he's absolutely correct saying those caps hold a charge!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Can't connect to machine by either SSH or webpage.  It is assigned an IP address just can't connect. Even ping gets no response but not sure if the BBB is setup to respond to ping.

If I disconnect all 4 ASIC boards I can connect to the host and access web gui with no issues.  

Have you tried all 4 ASIC boards individually (1 plugged in at a time)? I would try that first.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:06:02 PM

I'm mourning a dead Blade today, my one and only.  It's come up with all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for the ASICs.  We had a warm December day in Georgia, 71.6°F out and 76.0°F in the room.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a Neptune.  Just too much for me.  That the Neptunes aren't sold out yet tempts me right now.  But no.  Ah, the falling BTC harvest, now accelerated losing 10GH/s.  It's like aging.
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:07:56 PM

Anyone else have a die that shows up as "off" in BertMod?

With SPI voltage at 3.3v, I've tried adjusting the individual die voltage from the lowest to the highest without effect.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:18:38 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

What the bloody did you do? All you have to do is swap cables.

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.

For this reason I think the plugs having both a jumper and a power resistor to the 3v line are a very good bet.  I know you followed instructions, but did you put in the jumper then fire up the supply and check that the voltage was there on the 12V, then shut down the supply, plug the power supply into the Jupiter, then switch on the supply?

If my theory that the current ramp, preventing current surge producing a voltage spike sufficient to blow the caps, the current ramp to ramp up current on the 12V line is actually controlled by a voltage ramp of 0 to 1V produced on the 3.3V line (because the 3.3V will be up to regulated voltage before the 5V or 12V) then putting in the jumper, turning on the supply to check if the jumper is correct and voltage being supplied, then shut down before plugging into Jupiter, since the supply expects that it is plugged into a motherboard having a load on the 3.3V line, it expects that when the supply is turned off the 3.3V line filter capacitors will drain out thru the motherboard.  That can't happen without a motherboard or a resistor to ground from the 3.3V line as well as the jumper.  

So, if  you check the jumper was correctly placed by looking for 12V on the 12V line, then shut down, plugged the supply into the Jupiter, and turned it on, the supply 3.3V line never drained and still had full voltage on its filter caps and the timed ramp voltage that controlled the ramp for the 12v current had remained at max, as if already having timed out its ramp, and BANG, instant max current.

So how can one prevent this from happening?
Shut down the PSU from the switch at the back, unplug from the socket and then remove and insert the jumper a couple of times to discharge everything?
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:23:16 PM

CYPHER

Now I understand your agressive inverse trolling recently.
(engage a troll and 'you are what you resent')

I wonder if you got the unit pheonix 'twisted' the cooler on.
Remember that amazing 'fix' ?

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:25:10 PM

just stopped in to say...    'if you would of just bought BTC instead of ...  blah blah'  

anyone want mark down all the coins they could of sold at 1100+ ??  

.. as you were

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:32:13 PM

have you tried disconnecting the data cables to the ASIC boards but leave the power connected?  Not that this will fix anything but you can eliminate the ASIC boards are faulty.

just to see if it's a comms problem, because that's what it seems.
and only because you say all the asic boards are doing the same thing.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:35:34 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 07:50:44 PM by DeathAndTaxes

have you tried disconnecting the data cables to the ASIC boards but leave the power connected?  Not that this will fix anything but you can eliminate the ASIC boards are faulty.

just to see if it's a comms problem, because that's what it seems.
and only because you say all the asic boards are doing the same thing.

Ok so:
all boards data cables disconnected + power cable connected = boot & login
all boards data cables disconnected + power cable disconnected = boot & login
any 1 ASIC board data cable connected + power cable connected = dead

At this point I have to think it is an issue with the control board.  Obviously my amazing luck.  Anything else failing would leave me with some hashing power.

On edit: a weird possibly related issue.  Any settings made on the host (i.e. setting pool config or enabling SSH) are lost when powering off and on.
Pages: « 1 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: