Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:36:33 PM

just stopped in to say...    'if you would of just bought BTC instead of ...  blah blah'  

anyone want mark down all the coins they could of sold at 1100+ ??  

.. as you were

You mean the ones I sold at 1200? Buying time is coming up soon Smiley

I'm mourning a dead Blade today, my one and only.  It's come up with all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for the ASICs.  We had a warm December day in Georgia, 71.6°F out and 76.0°F in the room.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a Neptune.  Just too much for me.  That the Neptunes aren't sold out yet tempts me right now.  But no.  Ah, the falling BTC harvest, now accelerated losing 10GH/s.  It's like aging.

That sucks... 76* killing it ? Is it a really oooold blade?

Anyone else have a die that shows up as "off" in BertMod?

With SPI voltage at 3.3v, I've tried adjusting the individual die voltage from the lowest to the highest without effect.

Is there any benefit to bertmod if your KNC equipment is hashing well above spec'd rate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:40:36 PM

Lots of snow falling here, still no problems with the Jupiter. Eligius 12hr hashrate avg is steadily climbing, currently at 650gh.  Someone asked if there was a difference case on or off. I saw no hash rate difference with either, so right now the case is on to keep it looking good.

Guys replacing heatsinks, is there a better than stock replacement out there if we run into issues in the future overclocking them? I think the current heatsinks are pretty good.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:41:54 PM

just stopped in to say...    'if you would of just bought BTC instead of ...  blah blah'  

anyone want mark down all the coins they could of sold at 1100+ ??  

.. as you were

HAHAHA!

Sure glad I invested in hardware instead.  Right?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:06:01 PM

So received my Nov Jupiter.

Can't connect to machine by either SSH or webpage.  It is assigned an IP address just can't connect. Even ping gets no response but not sure if the BBB is setup to respond to ping.

If I disconnect all 4 ASIC boards I can connect to the host and access web gui with no issues.  
Reconnect the ASIC boards, can't connect.  
Tried connecting just one ASIC board with same results.
Tried two different power supplies with the same results.

Anyone had anything like this or am I just SOL?

That is an odd one.

You might try reflashing the November firmware onto it.  Maybe you got one with October firmware on it by accident and that's causing it to hang during boot?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:21:05 PM

Anyone else seeing 630gh on the new Jupiters? Some readings on the first module seem off.

they went back to an 8 VRM design...  epic lulz...  (we don't need no sticking 8 since we aint got enough of the early ones and rigged it with 4)

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:54:47 PM

Anyone else seeing 630gh on the new Jupiters? Some readings on the first module seem off.

hno on IRC said that bertmod is not expected to work correctly with the November batch, in particular reading the DCDC data.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:57:54 PM

So received my Nov Jupiter.

Can't connect to machine by either SSH or webpage.  It is assigned an IP address just can't connect. Even ping gets no response but not sure if the BBB is setup to respond to ping.

If I disconnect all 4 ASIC boards I can connect to the host and access web gui with no issues.  
Reconnect the ASIC boards, can't connect.  
Tried connecting just one ASIC board with same results.
Tried two different power supplies with the same results.

Anyone had anything like this or am I just SOL?

Maybe silly question but you didn't flash 0.99-tune onto it did you?

If not...

I'd get the RMA email done right away, you can always cancel it if you fix it, but at least get the ball rolling as it can take a day or two, then I'd go on the IRC channel and ask hno what he thinks

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:57:59 PM

hno on IRC said that bertmod is not expected to work correctly with the November batch, in particular reading the DCDC data.

It's probably reading it correctly. KNC said I may be able to correct it when the tuning firmware is released.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:07:51 PM

Got a November Jupiter yesterday with absolutely no thermal compound on any of the chips.  Just shiny metal on shiny metal. Be sure to check before powering up.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:10:47 PM

Got a November Jupiter yesterday with absolutely no thermal compound on any of the chips.  Just shiny metal on shiny metal. Be sure to check before powering up.

Well at least they removed the plastic cover from the heatsink this time.  Progress!
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:10:56 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 09:45:29 PM by Phoenix1969

CYPHER

Now I understand your agressive inverse trolling recently.
(engage a troll and 'you are what you resent')

I wonder if you got the unit pheonix 'twisted' the cooler on.
Remember that amazing 'fix' ?
yeah, with like half a gram of twist... and yes, it is the "finicky" board I had... (never noticed anything strange with heatsinks)  "Amazing" is totally not anywhere close to what was said....and by the way... He knows that, and it was priced accordingly, and sold separate if you must know..... He asked to purchase it knowing so, and was priced accordingly....   with the addition of a free six-port controller, and beaglebone... (which is an entire Mercury) but not like we asked you to be judge, jury and executioner .. especially without knowing the facts. I could have easily RMA'd the board, and had a mercury to sell for xx$?(Not like you could know we actually communicate, and Cypher is a really cool guy) But, trolls will be trolls, however "inverse" they deem others. It looks like every time I comment in here, I'm sticking my head out on the chopping block for idiots to attempt at swinging an axe. I've literally helped dozens of people in here in one way or another,(not talking about sales either) and have always been a straight shooter...  endless teamviewer sessions, skype calls, and up all hours of the day and night for the past two months, on top of my regular jobs.  I'd even like to think this may have even contributed to the boards coming my way. Why? I enjoy helping people. When it becomes not enjoyable anymore, I will cease to help in here. It is coming ridiculously close to that. I'm really glad the units are getting larger & more expensive for that reason alone. Everyone who has dealt with me has been really cool. I consider each and every one of them friends in one way or another. Dealing with this trolling rhetoric of accusations and innuendo's is non-productive, however it may make you feel better, there's actually a person on the other end here, getting alot of hassle for what? Of course, I'm not always right.. I'm human. So are you.... which is why I even bothered interjecting to set the record straight . I hope that clears things up a bit. ...Clear as mud...I know... lol

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:46:32 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

What the bloody did you do? All you have to do is swap cables.

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.
https://i.imgur.com/pcK68po.jpg[/img]

For this reason I think the plugs having both a jumper and a power resistor to the 3v line are a very good bet.  I know you followed instructions, but did you put in the jumper then fire up the supply and check that the voltage was there on the 12V, then shut down the supply, plug the power supply into the Jupiter, then switch on the supply?

If my theory that the current ramp, preventing current surge producing a voltage spike sufficient to blow the caps, the current ramp to ramp up current on the 12V line is actually controlled by a voltage ramp of 0 to 1V produced on the 3.3V line (because the 3.3V will be up to regulated voltage before the 5V or 12V) then putting in the jumper, turning on the supply to check if the jumper is correct and voltage being supplied, then shut down before plugging into Jupiter, since the supply expects that it is plugged into a motherboard having a load on the 3.3V line, it expects that when the supply is turned off the 3.3V line filter capacitors will drain out thru the motherboard.  That can't happen without a motherboard or a resistor to ground from the 3.3V line as well as the jumper.  

So, if  you check the jumper was correctly placed by looking for 12V on the 12V line, then shut down, plugged the supply into the Jupiter, and turned it on, the supply 3.3V line never drained and still had full voltage on its filter caps and the timed ramp voltage that controlled the ramp for the 12v current had remained at max, as if already having timed out its ramp, and BANG, instant max current.

Actually I did not turn the unit on prior to hooking it up to the Jupiter.  I did check that the pinout was correct before starting though.  There should have been not been any voltage on any lines prior to this fault, so I am truly baffled how it could get so much current.

Going forward though I would consider a resistor on the 3.3V line, just to be paranoid.  What resistance would be sufficient do you think?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:46:59 PM

CYPHER

yeah, with like half a gram of twist... and yes, it is the "finicky" board I had... (never noticed anything strange with heatsinks)  "Amazing" is totally not anywhere close to what was said....and by the way... He knows that, and it was priced accordingly, and sold separate if you must know..... He asked to purchase it knowing so, and was priced accordingly....   with the addition of a free six-port controller, and beaglebone... (which is an entire Mercury) but not like we asked you to be judge, jury and executioner .. especially without knowing the facts. I could have easily RMA'd the board, and had a mercury to sell for xx$?(Not like you could know we actually communicate, and Cypher is a really cool guy) But, trolls will be trolls, however "inverse" they deem others. It looks like every time I comment in here, I'm sticking my head out on the chopping block for idiots to attempt at swinging an axe. I've literally helped dozens of people in here in one way or another,(not talking about sales either) and have always been a straight shooter...  endless teamviewer sessions, skype calls, and up all hours of the day and night for the past two months, on top of my regular jobs.  I'd even like to think this may have even contributed to the boards coming my way. Why? I enjoy helping people. When it becomes not enjoyable anymore, I will cease to help in here. It is coming ridiculously close to that. I'm really glad the units are getting larger & more expensive for that reason alone. Everyone who has dealt with me has been really cool. I consider each and every one of them friends in one way or another. Dealing with this trolling rhetoric of accusations and innuendo's is non-productive, however it may make you feel better, there's actually a person on the other end here, getting alot of hassle for what? Of course, I'm not always right.. I'm human. So are you.... which is why I even bothered interjecting to set the record straight . I hope that clears things up a bit. ...Clear as mud...I know... lol

I love helping too. This deal you offered Cyper, was it before or after when I was pinging on you for a deal for equipment? Juuuust curious.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:58:30 PM

CYPHER

Mate you seem like a chilled out guy, maintain the composure, the negatives are just after attention nothing more, either ignore them manually or use the tools at your disposal. Or if you want to keep an eye on them and just give an opposing opinion then do so in the spirit of the debate, don't stoop to their level and make it or take it personal. Smiley

The people who you helped know what you are about, and the people who take what you do and say in the right spirit also get you.

This is an internet forum full of keyboard warriors just like any other internet forum, and they have formed factions just like Ati/Nvidia or Mac/Win or AMD/Intel or Amiga/Atari or SB/GUS or whatever other MCIBTYC ego boosting attention grabbing crap they want to come up with.

Maybe take a rest, for the weekend. Its also probably harder for you to maintain interest now that you don't have any miners to play with. Stay away for a couple of days, of course they will say that you are doing it because you are ashamed or afraid or some such balls, but who cares.

My 0.00002BTC worth of advice for the month Cheesy

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:04:26 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 10:18:14 PM by Phoenix1969

CYPHER

I love helping too. This deal you offered Cyper, was it before or after when I was pinging on you for a deal for equipment? Juuuust curious.
Honestly, I'm not sure...  They released the Neptune for general public much sooner than I guessed they would, which is why I panicked thinking they would sell out faster than the others...... I tried to notify everyone, but my posts in here were being deleted by a mod within like 30 seconds! (off-topic)so I attempted PMing everyone that was interested....   He was just fast & ready before I had a chance to complete PMing everyone ...I was eager and in a weak moment wanting "Neptune Bliss".....  I apologize for any inconvenience.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:25:02 PM

Do November Jupiters have a user configurable turbo mode, and if so what sped does it reach ?
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:32:16 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure...  They released the Neptune for general public much sooner than I guessed they would, which is why I panicked thinking they would sell out faster than the others...... I tried to notify everyone, but my posts in here were being deleted by a mod within like 30 seconds! (off-topic)so I attempted PMing everyone that was interested....   He was just fast & ready before I had a chance to complete PMing everyone ...I was eager and in a weak moment wanting "Neptune Bliss".....  I apologize for any inconvenience.

No inconvenience, I just know you and I had talked in PM, but it wasn't about a Jupiter which was slightly flawed. I would've taken a deal on a slightly flawed one haha. Just curious.

Cheers to all.

rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:32:49 PM

Do November Jupiters have a user configurable turbo mode, and if so what sped does it reach ?

No, I received this response when asking about the tuning suite and turbo mode for November units:

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in reply. There will be an update to the November firmware to include the tuning suite. Regarding the turbo mode, it is enabled as default with the November miners. The option to enable to disable it was removed.

Best regards  |
Med vänlig hälsning

Keith Gurnett

Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:38:40 PM

It would be great if KNC enabled php on the BB, that way they could add the miner.php file and add an additional tab to get lots of cool info!
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:43:48 PM

Does anyone know what the typical support e-mail reply time is nowadays?  I had a nice fireworks display on one of my Oct. Jupiter's when upgrading PSUs and haven't heard anything from them for a couple of days now aside from the auto reply. Just curious how long it will take to issue RMA.

What the bloody did you do? All you have to do is swap cables.

And that is precisely what i did.  I was going from a Coolermaster v1000 to a nice Corsair AX1200 gold.  Brand new out of the box never used, plug it all in, hit the switch and poof.......Fire!  That was my good Jupiter too. Sad

Here is the aftermath.

For this reason I think the plugs having both a jumper and a power resistor to the 3v line are a very good bet.  I know you followed instructions, but did you put in the jumper then fire up the supply and check that the voltage was there on the 12V, then shut down the supply, plug the power supply into the Jupiter, then switch on the supply?

If my theory that the current ramp, preventing current surge producing a voltage spike sufficient to blow the caps, the current ramp to ramp up current on the 12V line is actually controlled by a voltage ramp of 0 to 1V produced on the 3.3V line (because the 3.3V will be up to regulated voltage before the 5V or 12V) then putting in the jumper, turning on the supply to check if the jumper is correct and voltage being supplied, then shut down before plugging into Jupiter, since the supply expects that it is plugged into a motherboard having a load on the 3.3V line, it expects that when the supply is turned off the 3.3V line filter capacitors will drain out thru the motherboard.  That can't happen without a motherboard or a resistor to ground from the 3.3V line as well as the jumper.  

So, if  you check the jumper was correctly placed by looking for 12V on the 12V line, then shut down, plugged the supply into the Jupiter, and turned it on, the supply 3.3V line never drained and still had full voltage on its filter caps and the timed ramp voltage that controlled the ramp for the 12v current had remained at max, as if already having timed out its ramp, and BANG, instant max current.

So how can one prevent this from happening?
Shut down the PSU from the switch at the back, unplug from the socket and then remove and insert the jumper a couple of times to discharge everything?

This might work:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUMP-START-EPS-ATX-24-PIN-POWER-SUPPLY-WITHOUT-A-MOTHERBOARD-MADE-IN-USA-/251029042274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a727f3462

Pages: « 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: