Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:19:25 PM

O'rama... any chance you could get us a definitive answer if there will or will not be anymore 28nm?

That would be nice to know. If KNC breaks their network protection statement some of us might go for a USD Neptune refund.
Nothing to be broken in the statement... other companies are delivering......

Where?

CoinTerra is pretty close, prolly shipping within 2-4 weeks?

OK, for me delivering in 2 weeks (TM) is not delivering. This is a time sensitive market. 2 weeks != delivered.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:23:26 PM

O'rama... any chance you could get us a definitive answer if there will or will not be anymore 28nm?

That would be nice to know. If KNC breaks their network protection statement some of us might go for a USD Neptune refund.

Where?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison  Take your pick

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

Where?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison  Take your pick

Is that a list of delivered miners? Doesn't look like it.

Anyway, I have nothing else to add but do feel free to show me better.

Have a great 2014!
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:31:46 PM

Where?

CoinTerra is pretty close, prolly shipping within 2-4 weeks?

OK, for me delivering in 2 weeks (TM) is not delivering. This is a time sensitive market. 2 weeks != delivered.

I don't have anything invested in them, but packaged chips and printed circuit boards is pretty close to shipping I would think:

http://cointerra.com/engineering-update-goldstrike-packaged-chips-system-board-assembly/

It would be naive to think that KnC is the only company out there able to successfully engineer and ship a mining product.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:38:26 PM

I don't have anything invested in them, but packaged chips and printed circuit boards is pretty close to shipping I would think:

tell that to the HF customers

so everything works all the time without testing?  hell just ship it without turning it on once

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:40:23 PM

Customer service doesn't seem to know, and you're our #1  Wink    Please?

Join the queue please  Grin
I have asked a very valid question too  Tongue
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:48:10 PM

Could the question of Jupiter sales if and when have anything to do with some customer trying to buy up as many as possible?  We see photos of major hashing facilities where were they, in Hong Kong and Iceland?  Those big facilities can operate on a thin margin and make a good profit while that same rate of return for small miners would be a big disappointment. But how would that lack of information limit sales to a buyer with the money, it wouldn't.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:53:38 PM

Customer service doesn't seem to know, and you're our #1  Wink    Please?

Like I said yesterday. It was mentioned, but nothing more. Everything wound down for Christmas, and the agreement was that the idea would be set aside and approached with a fresh set of eyes in the NY. We had to assume someone else may ship a 28nm product in 2013 even if it didn't look likely.

We are more than aware of the aggressive Adwords campaign that is ongoing and has been pushed hard by companies that have yet to create working stable products throughout the BTC price rise to secure funds from newbies who don't research.

One assumes at some point someone intends to deliver on that, but no way were our customer service going to be put under the strain of another batch of orders and deliveries during their holidays, they've been under enough considering.

So customer service know nothing as nothing has been discussed this side of 2014. It's less than a 24 hours into the new year and a public holiday in most parts of the world.

Chillax, I'm sure there will be a discussion soon enough, until then there is nothing to say other than we are both aware of the interest, and no one's forgotten the completion of a working 28nm based Bitcoin miner 3 months back!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:56:14 PM

Could the question of Jupiter sales if and when have anything to do with some customer trying to buy up as many as possible?  We see photos of major hashing facilities where were they, in Hong Kong and Iceland?  Those big facilities can operate on a thin margin and make a good profit while that same rate of return for small miners would be a big disappointment. But how would that lack of information limit sales to a buyer with the money, it wouldn't.

For the last time the piece on a facility in Iceland was Cloud Hashing. They had a big order in the beginning and have not been sold anything more than what was in that initial order.

The Hong Kong facility I presume you mean ASICMiner?

CYPER

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:00:25 PM

Bitcoinorama, any news in regards to the max safe current for 24/7 use?

I assume the 64A option will be removed if it is deemed dangerous?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:06:21 PM

O'rama...
Thank you for that answer.... it explains pretty much everything in one swat...
so....Decision "Yet to be made"     I'm cool with that.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:07:37 PM

Bitcoinorama, any news in regards to the max safe current for 24/7 use?

I assume the 64A option will be removed if it is deemed dangerous?

Dude it's New Year's Day. We spoke about this just before Christmas. I'm not in Sweden and I haven't had anymore of a conversation on this subject then when we last spoke.

Judging by the time they took to agree upon releasing it. I doubt they would have done so unsure as to the consequences of using the 64 A option. I personally know for a fact there is still a margin on top of that figure before it Max's out. It's not a great deal more, but if they were happy with the release and made it an official one, than i'm confident it is fine as it's not redlining at 64.

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:08:42 PM

Could the question of Jupiter sales if and when have anything to do with some customer trying to buy up as many as possible?  We see photos of major hashing facilities where were they, in Hong Kong and Iceland?  Those big facilities can operate on a thin margin and make a good profit while that same rate of return for small miners would be a big disappointment. But how would that lack of information limit sales to a buyer with the money, it wouldn't.

For the last time the piece on a facility in Iceland was Cloud Hashing. They had a big order in the beginning and have not been sold anything more than what was in that initial order.

So Cloud Hashing hasn't ordered any Neptune's?  Any other similar operations ordering a giant amount of Neptune's going forward?
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:09:50 PM

Well the return produced by Jupiters has been nice.  Nicer still if you have the Cloud Hashing facility.

Network protection doesn't protect the small miner but KnC customers in general which would include Cloud Hashing.  KnC is a business.  Like any business the larger customers get favored.  But the whole question of protecting KnC customers is muddied not only by large block sales but immediate resale of miners, tho the latter I feel  to a lesser extent.  It's difficult to be clear as it's a complex issue.
padrino
Legendary

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 10:20:50 PM

Could the question of Jupiter sales if and when have anything to do with some customer trying to buy up as many as possible?  We see photos of major hashing facilities where were they, in Hong Kong and Iceland?  Those big facilities can operate on a thin margin and make a good profit while that same rate of return for small miners would be a big disappointment. But how would that lack of information limit sales to a buyer with the money, it wouldn't.

So Cloud Hashing hasn't ordered any Neptune's?  Any other similar operations ordering a giant amount of Neptune's going forward?

I can't say they have 0 orders for Neptunes but they jumped in heavy with Cointerra this time, building a new Data Center right by Cointerr'a TX facilities. If anyone has the luxury of making the decision today Cointerra would probably be the best bet at the moment, 2TH/s in January is a solid play.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

Why are people asking for refunds on Neptunes?

Because they got robbed. And some are pretty pissed they had to shell out $13k and then they listed them for $10k to everyone.

Robbed you say?  That sounds a bit extreme.

It's a good thing for those customers then that KnC offers the option of taking a refund.  Those customers could easily exercise that option and then buy one of the $10k Neptunes.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
CYPER

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:39:43 PM

Dude it's New Year's Day. We spoke about this just before Christmas. I'm not in Sweden and I haven't had anymore of a conversation on this subject then when we last spoke.

Just making sure my question hasn't fallen on deaf ears  Grin
We've seen a few ASIC related fires, so don't blame a guy for enforcing safety  Roll Eyes

Judging by the time they took to agree upon releasing it. I doubt they would have done so unsure as to the consequences of using the 64 A option. I personally know for a fact there is still a margin on top of that figure before it Max's out. It's not a great deal more, but if they were happy with the release and made it an official one, than i'm confident it is fine as it's not redlining at 64.

That sounds awesome, so if you can verify it with the engineers I know a lot of people would be gratuful Wink
I have spoken with a few fellow miners on irc about this and their comment was that until an official answer is provided they would go with hno conservative, but safe limits.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:46:13 PM

I can't say they have 0 orders for Neptunes but they jumped in heavy with Cointerra this time, building a new Data Center right by Cointerr'a TX facilities. If anyone has the luxury of making the decision today Cointerra would probably be the best bet at the moment, 2TH/s in January is a solid play.

So we small miners might be mining bitcoins looking like toy sales in the small neighborhood candy store while a Toy-R-Us and a Walmart are under construction on the same block.
realtime

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:16:24 PM

Just a PSA for anyone buying off Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-2-KnC-Jupiter-Bitcoin-Mining-Rigs-1-3-TH-s-IN-HAND-for-pickup-shipping-/141152805043 Is using a photoshopped pic of my rigs so i'm guessing he is a scammer. I've attempted to report to Ebay but they haven't paid any attention to it.

Original image (minus crappy photoshop job) http://imgur.com/dE5tYJY
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Just a PSA for anyone buying off Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-2-KnC-Jupiter-Bitcoin-Mining-Rigs-1-3-TH-s-IN-HAND-for-pickup-shipping-/141152805043 Is using a photoshopped pic of my rigs so i'm guessing he is a scammer. I've attempted to report to Ebay but they haven't paid any attention to it.

Original image (minus crappy photoshop job) http://imgur.com/dE5tYJY

Calling ebay works much better.  Issues to be resolved get entered into the system immediately after talking to a human being versus an e-mail that gets sorted by an automated system looking for keywords.
Pages: « 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: